Angel Flight

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"We're going to Mr. Stewart's memorial on Saturday. Would you like to come, too?" James asked.

"Oh. No, I don't think so, honey. I didn't know him, and I don't want this g...woman...to feel uncomfortable."

"I understand not knowing him, but I'm sure she would love for you to be there."

"How about letting me think about it?" she suggested.

"I can't ask for more than that," he said.

James stood up, walked over and gave his mom a hug.

"I love you, Mom," he told her.

"I love you, too, Captain," she said using the name her late husband had tagged their son with when he was still too young to talk.

That evening, James gave Kimber a call, and she answered on the first ring.

"James?" he heard her say excitedly.

"Yes. Hi. How are you?"

"Good. Even better now," she said.

He could tell she was smiling, and that made him feel even better.

They spent about half an hour talking. Much of it was about work and school and James was curious when her next flight was.

"I'm off until Monday morning," she told him.

"Me, too," he replied.

"Did you want to get together and do something?" she asked cheerfully.

"Well, only every day," he said very seriously.

Kimber laughed happily and said, "I think that could be arranged. Have you had dinner yet?"

"No. Not yet," he told her.

"I'm not a bad cook," she said.

"I thought your place was a bad idea."

She laughed then told him, "That was before I got my...emotions...under control."

Now James laughed then said, "Darn!"

Kimber laughed, too, then said, "I can have something ready around seven. Is that okay?"

"Yes. That's very okay. I'll see you then."

"I'm looking forward to it, James," she said sweetly. "See you then."

"Bye, Kimber," he replied.

James let his mom know he'd be having dinner with Kimber, and she tried to sound happy about it.

"Have a nice time, honey," she managed to say, even as her concern level kept creeping back up.

James couldn't control how his mother felt, or anyone else for that matter, not even Kimber. All he could do was be himself and hope for the best.

When he pulled back into her apartment complex he found himself second guessing what he'd worn, whether or not his hair looked good, then laughed about his car, something he'd love to trade in or just get rid of. But until he had a regular source of income, that wasn't possible.

James was now over a hundred grand in debt with student loans and he still had a three-year residency to complete. So for now, at least, a new car, or even a newer car, was out of the question.

He took one last look at himself in the car mirror then headed inside. He stopped at her door then gently knocked. This was the first time since high school he could remember his pulse racing in anticipation of meeting a woman, but it was definitely up—way up.

When Kimber answered the door and he got a look at her, it skyrocketed.

"Hi! Are you going to come in?" she asked when he stood there staring at her.

"I...I don't know. I think I'm too stunned to move."

Kimber laughed and said, "I'll take that as a compliment."

"Oh, yeah. It's definitely a compliment," he told her as he finally moved.

She was wearing a short, black, very sexy dress with a hollow neck and hollow sleeves that hugged her gorgeous figure perfectly. James hadn't yet noticed the dangling gold earrings or the three-inch heels with ankle straps or the off-black stockings. His eyes were fixated on the way this dress turned a beautiful flight attendant into a downright sexy woman.

"You look..."

He took one more look then asked, "Did I already say 'stunning'?"

Kimber laughed then said, "Is it too much?"

"Oh, definitely not," James told her. "But now I'm wishing I'd worn something nicer than Dockers and a button-down shirt."

"Why? That's one of my favorite looks," she told him. "Casual but classy."

"I'll take your word for it," he said. "But you look...magnificent."

Kimber thanked him again, and was very pleased she'd made what she now thought was the right choice. Since he dropped her off, she had indeed gotten control of her runaway emotions, but she'd also come to the conclusion that she really liked this handsome, younger man. She'd never even dated someone more than five years younger than herself, but after thinking about how he'd made her feel and what a great guy he was, she'd come to the conclusion she didn't care about their age difference. Or at least that she'd do her best to try and forget about it.

As a result, she'd intentionally worn something very sexy, but not over-the-top, to let him know she really was interested. From there, how things went would determine how things would go.

Once James got over the dress, he found himself staring at her hair. It was even sexier than he'd remembered during their time together at the memorial and the coffee shop. And on top of that, Kimber was wearing full makeup, but not so heavy it looked gaudy. It was, like everything else, perfect.

Finally back in control of himself, James realized something smelled incredibly good, and it wasn't Kimber's perfume.

"It's blackened shrimp stroganoff," she told him. "I forgot to ask if you eat red meat or what you even like, so I went with something I hope you'll enjoy. If not we can order pizza or something."

She led him into the kitchen where he saw the plates with delicious-looking shrimp on fettuccini pasta seasoned with cajun seasoning and drizzled with olive oil.

"That looks even better than hit smells," he told her.

"It's ready...if you are," she said.

James turned to look at her and say 'thank you' when her incredible beauty took his breath away.

"You are truly amazing," he said quietly. "You're kind, caring, gorgeous beyond words, and a great cook. All I can say is...wow."

"I was hoping to make a good impression," she said with a very happy smile.

James moved closer, put his hands on her hips then said, "If I wouldn't smear your lipstick, I'd kiss you right now."

Kimber was still smiling as she moved closer and put her arms around his neck.

"Lipstick is very easy to touch up," she said as she leaned closer.

James responded and kissed her softly.

"Wow...again," he said as she slowly pulled away.

"When you didn't kiss me hello, I was a little worried."

James smiled and said, "There's nothing to worry about. You really did stun me into silence."

"Well, thank you again, but you should know I think you're incredibly attractive, too."

"I'm glad to hear you say that," he said as they continued looking at each other.

"I can't imagine you don't know that's true," she told him.

"All that matters to me is that you think it's true," he said.

"I do," she said quietly before they kissed one more time.

This kiss was slightly longer, and for the first time, their tongues briefly touched a time or two causing a stir in James somewhere below the belt.

When it ended, Kimber said, "I'll set these plates down then be right back."

When she returned, her glossy lips were again perfect.

"Would you like some white wine, James?" she asked.

"If you're having a glass, then yes."

She poured one for each of them then sat down at the table for two that could be extended for up to four people.

James held up his glass and said, "To Miles and all the other fallen heroes."

"Yes. I'll drink to that," Kimber said as they touched glasses.

They both took a sip then tried the food which was excellent.

For the next hour they sat and talked and occasionally took a bite or a sip of wine. Again, both of them were struck by how much they had in common, and in particular, the way they viewed love, romance, and marriage.

Just after eight o'clock, they moved a few feet into the area that was essentially a living room, and after Kimber topped off their glasses, they began talking about their families.

She told him how her husband, Michael, had died.

"He was a pilot, and one day he was out flying a single-engine plane around Mount Rainier. The NTSB did an investigation, but the cause of the crash was never discovered. Their best guess was engine failure, but I suppose I'll never know."

"That's beyond awful," James told her.

"It took me a couple of years to stop crying, and another one before I could even think about dating. I still miss him terribly, but I've finally moved on, whatever that rather meaningless term means."

"I lost my father when I was ten," James told her.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, James," she told him immediately. "I can't even imagine."

"Yeah, it was terrible. My dad was my best friend and my hero," he said somewhat wistfully. "I kind of retreated inside myself for a year or so after that."

"You were so young. I was devastated losing my husband. I'm not sure if I could have coped with losing my dad. He's my hero, too, by the way."

The way she smiled at him lightened the mood considerably, and James said, "I'm glad we shared that, but maybe we could move on to something a little less painful?"

"Definitely," Kimber agreed.

"Do you know where you'll be doing your residency yet?"

"It's funny you should ask. After I dropped you off...in my chariot..."

Kimber laughed as he continued, "I did a little research on something I wouldn't have even considered before meeting Miles."

"Do tell," Kimber said, genuinely interested.

"I did some very preliminary checking into how to become an Air Force doctor."

"Seriously?" she said in a way that James couldn't read.

"Well, I was just looking. I'm not saying it's something I'd actually do," he told her as fast as the words would come out.

"I think that would be fantastic!" she replied.

"Really?" he said, now surprised in a different way.

"Well, yes. I could definitely see you doing that, and I think you'd be perfect for the job."

"Eventually, I'd have to leave the local area. I'd do my residency here, which the Air Force would pay me for, and then go on active duty and pay back the time I owe. And who knows? If I like it I might just stay in. I mean there's no malpractice insurance, and I'd actually be serving my country."

"I think that's a wonderful idea, James."

"Me, too, but I'd never do it if things between you and me...went well."

He realized that sounded awkward, but Kimber 'got it'.

"Why would that matter?" she asked.

"Well, if they did, and I know we just met...but if they did, you might not want to leave the Seattle area."

She smiled, set her glass down, then slid over next to him.

"James? Were I to ever fall in love again, I'd be willing to go anywhere with the man I love."

He stared into her eyes and said, "You are just too good to be true."

As she stared back she smiled and told him, "Love does that to you. It makes you want the other person's dreams as your own."

James put his arm around and pulled in close. Kimber laid her head on his shoulder and snuggled right up with him.

"What are your dreams, Kimber?"

"To be happy. To be loved the way I was loved. To share my life with someone special."

She hesitated then decided to say it.

"And...if I still can...to maybe have a baby."

"What do you mean 'if you still can'?" James asked. "Forty-three isn't too old."

"But I still have to meet the right guy, fall in love, get married, and then try. I could be 45 or older by then," she said.

"So you've never met anyone like that since you lost your husband?" he asked as he gently ran his hand up and down the sleeve of her dress that was filled with 'holes'.

"I don't know," she said quietly. "What I do know is that...until two days ago...I knew I hadn't."

"That's interesting," James said as he tried to sound detached.

"Why is that?" Kimber asked, disappointed in his blasé response.

"It's just that I'd never met anyone I would have even thought of that way until...two days ago, either. That's quite a coincidence, don't you think?"

His comment caused her body to react in a way that made it ache to be loved, and that, in turn, caused her to say, "Yes, it is," as she snuggled in even closer.

"Kimber?"

"Yes?"

"Do you believe in love at first sight?"

"I didn't."

"Until?" James asked, hoping he knew the answer.

"Well, coincidentally, until two days ago."

"That's really odd, because that's exactly how I felt until..."

Kimber sat up and looked at him.

She smiled then said, "Two days ago?"

James didn't smile back. He just looked into her eyes then reached up and touched her face as he quietly said, "Until I met you."

She looked down and as she did she realized her heart was racing again. She looked back up at him then said, "Yes. Same here."

"I've never been in love before," he told her. "So I have nothing to compare this to. But from what little I do know about falling in love, I'm pretty sure it's supposed to feel like this."

"I have been in love before. Once. And I can assure you it feels very much like...this."

"Kimber?"

"Yes?" she replied, barely able to speak.

"Is it possible to want someone so much that you don't...want them...in order to keep from ruining what you have?"

"I'm not sure, but it sounds like that might be possible," she said.

"I want to kiss you and...more...right now so bad it's almost more than I can stand."

"Then why don't you?" she asked, her eyes pleading with him to do so

"Because you're not like every other girl I've been with. You're like...you're like the personification of every quality I've ever wanted in a woman all rolled into one beautiful, amazing person."

"So...you don't want to make love to me?" she finally asked.

"No. I do. More than I can say. It's just that in every other case, I would have already, you know..."

"Then let's make love, James," she said as she put her hand on his face.

"Not if it's going to hurt our chances of being together," he told her as he took her hand in his.

"I'm willing to wait, too," she told him, even though her body yearned to be loved so badly she could barely stand it.

"It's not that I want to wait," he told her. "Trust me. It's just that you're the only woman I've cared about so much that I'd do anything to make this work for the long term."

"I want you, too, James, but yes, if waiting will make things better or stronger, I'll gladly wait as long as it takes."

"And you're not upset with me?" he asked with deep concern.

"No. Of course not. It's just that it's been so long for me, and I like you so much," she told him.

"I can't believe I'm saying this to the most beautiful woman I've ever known, but perhaps we could wait until Saturday. After the memorial service. We could get a very nice hotel in Seattle and spend some time together there."

Kimber smiled and said, "I think that sounds pretty wonderful. But we don't need to spend that kind of money."

"I just want our first time to be the most wonderful and memorable experience possible," James told her.

"James?"

"Yes?"

"As long as it's you I'm with, it truly won't matter where we are," she told him.

"Kimber?"

"Yes?" she replied softly.

"Then...well, if that's true, do we really need to wait?"

"It's up to you, James Kirk," she said sweetly. "I won't like you any more or less either way."

He smiled leaned over closer then said, "In that case..."

He kissed her softly at first and then when their tongues touched, it was game over. Moments later they were in her bedroom tearing at each other's clothes. When her clingy dress wouldn't cooperate, Kimber was already breathing hard and said, "It cost less than fifty bucks. Rip it off, for God's sake!"

Kimber had made love more times than James, but he'd had many more partners. Even so, both of them lay there afterward thinking they had never experienced anything like that in their lives. And the reason why was clear. Neither of them ever had.

After a minute or two of laying in each other's arms and catching their breath, James said, "That was by far the most amazing thing I've ever experienced."

Kimber smiled happily and said, "Gee, what a coincidence. I was just about to say the same thing."

James pulled her closer and held her tightly as he said, "I had no idea how much better lovemaking could be with someone I lo..."

He saw her look at him then quietly said, "Really, really like."

She kissed him softly then told him, "And I really, really like you, too."

"Enough to...really, really like me again?" he asked playfully.

"Well, if you're..."

She reached for him and when he was already growing hard again, she laughed.

"I'd say you are," she said, finishing her own sentence as he pulled her on top of him.

This time their lovemaking was slower and gentler and sweeter. It was still passionate, but it was so much more delicious as they explored every inch of the other's body. As he got ready to cum, he pulled out of her again, and this time, Kimber took him in her mouth as he filled it with his warm, salty liquid.

"My God, you are unbelievable," he told her when she smiled and showed it to him before ceremoniously swallowing all of him in once delicious gulp.

"I haven't done that since my husband was alive," she told him as she snuggled back up with him.

"Is there anything you're not amazing at?" James asked as he made circles around his finger with her long, dark hair.

"Football," she said very seriously. "I really suck at football."

She looked up and saw him smiling then said, "Don't you dare say one word about how I suck!"

James couldn't help laughing, and when he did, Kimber laughed, too. She held him close, and for the first time since she and Michael had been like this, she felt like she was in love again. She knew it was too early to use the 'L' word, but James had already come close, and they'd both admitted to 'love at first sight'. Even so, she ached to tell him, but chose instead to lay there in his arms and draw little circles on his bare chest.

"I gave in once tonight already," he told her.

"I'm sorry?" she said, not sure what he meant.

"I made this big pitch about waiting then collapsed like a house of cards."

"Oh. That," Kimber said with a happy smile. "Yeah, you didn't have a lot of conviction behind that whole waiting thing, did you?"

"No. I thought I could wait, but as it turns out I couldn't."

"Well, whatever the reason is you caved, I'm very glad you did," she told him as she laid her arm across his chest and held him.

"There is a reason," he said quietly.

"My...beauty and charm?" she teased.

"Well, there is that," James said. "You have amazing amounts of both."

"Was there something else?" she asked as she raised her head up to look into his eyes.

"Yes. There was," he told her as he reached up and stroked her hair.

"Care to share?" she asked.

"I don't want to scare you off," he said with a very small smile.

"You didn't scare me off when you...caved," she said, teasing again.

"Well, okay. If that's true, then the real reason I caved is because I'm...I'm pretty sure I'm...falling in love with you."

Kimber was expecting words to that effect. In fact, she was hoping and praying he would say them. Even so, when he said them out loud, they touched her so deeply that her eyes filled with tears by the time he finished saying them.

"Wow. I didn't mean to make you cry," he said, hoping those were really tears of joy.

Kimber shook her head and said, "No. I'm not sad, James. I'm...I'm happy. I'm happier than I can ever remember being."

She blinked a few times then looked right at him again and said, "That's because I'm falling in love with you, too."

Neither of them talked about what they'd just said the rest of the night, but after a minute or so passed in silence, Kimber said, "I think you should look into being an Air Force doctor."

He kissed the top of her head and asked, "Are you saying you'd go with me? You know, if things so well."