All Comments on 'Angel Unaware'

by blackrandl1958

Sort by:
  • 112 Comments
HighpikeHighpikeover 4 years ago
Loved every bit of it

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great story!!!

I've really enjoyed most of your stories, but I think this is the best one yet!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I have a feeling.

You are the woman in this story. That's just my hunch. I can just imagine you (especially looking at your profile) as Sage. I think knowing you would be a wild trip that any man would give his left nut to experience. Great story, great writer.

steeltiger01steeltiger01over 4 years ago
There is nothing like a Randi story

...and this is very much a Randi story. Great, real characters, who speak like people I know. Characters who jump off the page & who love harder than anything. You're a brilliant writer and I am, as always, in awe of your talents.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I hate you

You drag me mercilessly through your stories, have me thoroughly engaged in the drama, you make it real enough that it's hard on me to read, when compared to my own life.

Then you up the ante with the erotic segments that have me climbing the walls.

I'm in the BTB camp, come here to commune with other sad souls to feed our need for justice. I personally have little trust in forming a long term relationship any more, found out that sweet, pouty lips, dimples, and big, shining eyes don't mean there aren't lies inside.

But when you make a woman stand up to her responsibilities and her virtue, it rips my soul straight out, because I'm jealous.

Thank you for this wonderful tale. I wish everyone could live a life so complete.

You know it's 5 stars from me.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 4 years ago
Now that's what I call a romance!

Great, sympathetic characters and a good, enthralling story.

abitshyoneabitshyoneover 4 years ago
lovely, brilliant, great

i cant comment because words wont be enough to give this story the credit it deserves,, loved it,, thanks for sharing,,

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A great story

This is one of the best. I must add, I cannot understand this racist thing. I am a white man; I would have zero problem falling in love and marrying a black woman, or one of any other race for that matter. My wife and I, (both white) have been married 52 years. Time and again I have thought of this; each time concluding the same. My wife and I have been true and faithful to each other. As a normal man, I still admire God's best creation that being a female of our species... color meaning nothing... Ending with this thought.. erections among the male population, all races, average out to about (orientals being a mite smaller) the same size. Women prefer the average for the most part. About six inches is the favorite, according to the polls. n08rkm1

Fredred55Fredred55over 4 years ago
Another Great one

Great story that doesn’t tug but rip at ones heart. I know everyone expects a great one from you but I would put this one near the top. The heavy feelings in this one suggests that you have lived through similar. You took us into a world where there is no race issue. What a great world that would be!

Thank you for all you do with so much class.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 4 years ago
Great story

Sassy characters, rich meets poor boy plus child, which is a twist on the usual, plus a little bump at the end which have been drawn out a bit longer, but a satisfying read throughout.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Another great story Randi, and a big thanks for organising another fantastic collection of stories by some of the legends.

Cracker270Cracker270over 4 years ago

What a great day when I open Lit and find you have dropped a new story. Great plot and character development. Some serious thought provoking going on too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A great romance.

It's not just a romance, though. There is some great thought in this story, enough eroticism to get the blood pumping, drama, tension and a great life story. These characters feel like real people to me. You kept me enthralled through every word and hit the theme right where it hurt. Top marks.

prinnaveaprinnaveaover 4 years ago
Oh The Emotional Drama

Damn! You! blackrandl1958. How dare you make a retired citizen weep, reading your story. I could hardly read!

If that is what you intended, you were successful.

5* on your success. :)

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
Thoughts

"Our dates hadn't produced a lot of passion (yet, I told myself), but we did have a healthy respect going on that we didn't have before." - This really strikes a chord with me. Our local paper has a Sunday magazine with a "Blind Date" column. Many times the date goes great, they both grade it as "A," but say no to a second date because there was no "spark." I like that Sage is willing to give it time.

Just as great as I remembered, 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Fifty-Five Stars!!!!!!

Randi, I fall in love with you every time I read your stories. This was outstanding!

This comment is for all the writers who will read this story: every time there's a kid in a story it's a girl! What happened to all the little boys? I have been blessed with two daughters and am content (we couldn't have any more.). But when I see a little boy I get a powerful yearning. Little girls are sweet, no doubt. Little boys remind me of puppies and you know how adorable they can be. So let's even things out!

R.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 4 years ago
As Good As I Expected

Whenever I see BlackRandI1958 pop up on my list of new stories I just smile. I expected this to be an excellent story and I was not disappointed. An excellent romantic story with a bit of erotic spice. Thank you.

cementhead35cementhead35over 4 years ago
Just...wow!

Randi, there's probably a lot more to say than 'you're a kick-ass writer', but words fail me. Every time, you rock my world, and that ain't easy. Please keep it up (no pun intended)

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great, as always

You are one of the best writers on Lit. This was full of ethos and pathos. A gentle love story. I truly enjoy your work.

linnearlinnearover 4 years ago
Always Touching

I love your work and always looking for your new releases. You tell such wonderful stories and I'm not ashamed to say that I read them again frequently.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 4 years ago
What a nice romance!

Randi makes her stories personal and wonderful at the same time. This was a wonderfully entertaining story!

ohioohioover 4 years ago
A great, satisfying story

There isn't much doubt from early on about where this is going to go--but it just doesn't matter! I was so happy to be taken along on the ride, with Reynolds driving the bus (even if she was only 6 years old). Very touching and a delight to read.

Plus now I'm up on "yeet" and "finna"!

thanks, ohio

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

How come you don't invite Texas Tall Tales and Oshaw to write in your events anymore?

amyyumamyyumover 4 years ago
I normally only read Loving Wives stories

But I can't resist a Randi one in any category. Way to go girl! Cheers, Amy

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 4 years agoAuthor
@anonymous "How come you don't invite..."

Um, I do. I can't MAKE anyone write. They have to WANT to write. Those two don't, at the moment. I can only ask.

Thanks to all the kind readers and to those who commented and voted. Randi.

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

You have a real knack for writing charming characters. It was sad to see Sage neglect her family, but I'm glad the intervention helped her see the light! Thanks for the entertaining story.

GirlintheMoonGirlintheMoonover 4 years ago
Sweet and clever...

...just like you! Very touching and romantic. Thank you for this.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 4 years ago
Thanks Randi, might have been the best if all the entries. You put pathos, mirth, contention, and tension in there without making any of the principals a jerk.

Gracias Maestra!

jesemmojesemmoover 4 years ago
The Best of the Best!!

Randi, you have a wonder gift for writing. Your stories have great depth and you develop your characters in ways that only a few writer have the ability to do. I was getting a little concerned that you haven't been writing as much as you once did. This story makes up for that. Keep gettin' up!

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 4 years ago
Good show!

Very nicely done - thank you.

stev2244stev2244over 4 years ago

Such a sweet and enjoyable read, thanks for writing this.

WilsonMeisterWilsonMeisterover 4 years ago
Excellent is an Understatement

I've enjoyed Your entries since You first appeared on Site - Embarrassed to say I'd forgotten how GOOD You really are

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 4 years ago
Good story

I wish you had spent more on the growing conflict between the heroine and her family.

BP

Longhorn__07Longhorn__07over 4 years ago
Excellent

Heart warming story done by one of the best. Thanks much!

IaOldTimerIaOldTimerover 4 years ago
I think I figured it out

Some have commented that this awesome author has not been writing as much as they (and I) would like. When one considers how many authors she edits for, setting up story challenges and having a life beyond Lit, she is really quite amazing. I seldom comment, but truly appreciate her work ethic.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 4 years ago
Nice story

Nicely written.

Still trying to work out where or when the romance was. The only "love" was the adults towards the cliche little girl. It was written that neither had any emotion towards the other. It was only when she got horny and had sex that the lust brought them together, not love. Even then I think it was the dance hall girl who revved their engines that night. Perhaps include some emotion between your romantic couple before they have sex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Yet another cracking story

Hi,Randi,great to see another first class story fromone of this site's best ever authors. 5*as usual.Cheers,Malcolm

Richie4110Richie4110over 4 years ago
The reverse Cinderella for the modern age. Wonderful

I loved it. It took me two days of work and interruption to finish but I came back each time with heightened expectations.

Masterfully crafted and characters sincere made this one of the best stories I’ve ever read on this site.

Thank you ever so much for sharing the effort with me. ( I suspect I echo a resounding chorus).

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Inspiration

Like Amyyum I seldom venture out side LW, but I had to read Randi's invitational story. I always like your work and.sometimes I love it. This was one to love. Beautiful story, it actually made me sniffle a little. It was all I could ask for and I thank you for sharing.

OnethirdOnethirdover 4 years ago
No blues

A nice feel-good story. Some conflict, but nothing dire or over the top. Sometimes we just need to read something positive.

arrowglassarrowglassover 4 years ago
I really liked the way you wrote this....and the story was a good too!

You just feel good after reading this!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Another fairy tale ending

Very well written. But I would expect nothing else from this author and her buddies. Loved Reynolds. But for some reason I think this might have been better told from another POV then Sage's. Don't know why. Just a feeling. Thanks for the effort and another great event.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 4 years ago
YAAAAAA........ The Chocolate Goddess is back !!!!!!!

Great story (as usual). Glad to see you are back at it again.

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 4 years ago
So far the best of this challenge

I'm finally just about through this challenge, and this is so far the best piece I've read.

While I gave it a 5, I still think you threw in the ending problem just to keep the story from being mawkish, but you didn't carry through and it seemed rushed.

I know we're not supposed to criticize the Masters, but I'm being respectfully honest.

Keep up the great work. I always look forward to a Randi story showing up.

Hooked

DoctimeDoctimeover 4 years ago
A Cliffhanger

Not in the usual exciting way. But more like a race car that runs out of gas in the back turn. It was a contrived ten paragraph ending to meet a deadline. Probably the first bad revue I have ever given one of my favorite authors. I suspect that a couple of your editors said the same thing. HOW EVER, you are still one of the best erotic authors on Lit 🔥.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
It’s so rare to find a story that is enticing, romantic, animal and tender....

...and by gawd, woman, you pulled it off again!

I agree with another commenter that the story need somewhat abruptly, but, given the constraints and requirements of the challenge, I thought you pulled it off well.

The “I get right on to things that need done” comment made the rather quick transition and rundown to the story’s end, just fine.

I don’t believe I recall a single story in your collection here, that I didn’t enjoy.

And I especially like how you take the high road with commenters and current affairs.

What a woman!

Thank you and please continue.

caeruleacaeruleaover 4 years ago

I enjoyed the story very much, I appreciate that the main characters actually developed through the story. I do agree with a comment that the growth of actual feelings between them wasn't shown, and barely even told.

I have no idea what theme or competition this story is part of. I don't think "Summer Lovin'" would be seen as sexist AF and I don't know what else is going on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great Story even without the Sex !

Wonderful story and nice switcheroo where the rich powerful is the black one. Enjoyed it very much. Great writing !

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 4 years agoAuthor
@caerulea

What was going on was I do my own invitational writing events. So do others. This was a story in the "Welcome to the New World" event. This is the link to the event page. https://www.literotica.com/s/welcome-to-the-new-world

The site is kind enough to let us do author organized story events. and this is my seventh. We have done two marital drama events, mysteries, westerns, nautical stories and Gothic horror, The eighth will be December 2, and it will be historical romances. There will likely be over 30 stories in that one. If you like great stories by some of the best authors on Lit, check the author organized events. Randi.

blackknight314blackknight314over 4 years ago
Great story!

I loved this story. Unlike some of your commenters, I looked at the end; from the point where it was '9 years later' as an epilog.

I have a long way to go to get through your entire catalog, but I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks for sharing.

teedeedubteedeedubover 4 years ago
Neat

As always, great story. Thanks for sharing.

paulsubpaulsubover 4 years ago
Loving Romantic Story

The detailed building of the characters and scenes make for a very engrossing story with a slow but erotic sexual descriptions as well.

WakeupnowWakeupnowover 4 years ago
Looking forward to your first novel!

Branch out; you can do it. You are a master at your craft.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Powerful

You seem to have excellent insight on what can happen when someone loses perspective on what's really important. At the end no one says "I wish I'd have spent more time at work".

EratharEratharover 4 years ago
Excellent!

I loved this story! I appreciate how the stories of yours I've read so far have a decent amount of time before the characters are all over each other expressing thier love. To many writers make it seem so quick and forced. Thank you for this story!

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Old truism power corrupts absolute power corrupts absolutely and you did it well

Read enjoyed

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
What’s makes a great writer?

NOTHING!! You either is or you isn’t and you dear lady is!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Glad To See

That this was a Romance story and not a Loving Wives. If it was in LW the girls or Jacks would have barged in finding Sage bent over getting banged up her ass by Mr. Yamoto. When you said "mos def" I thought of that marvous man, as an actor the first thing I remember seeing him in was the movie 'Something The Lord Made' and then 'The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy', I expect it wasn't intentional but nice none the less. One thing that it seemed Sage missed was the conversation with Jacks when he was trying to explain how it felt being powerless, when the only choice you have to which one doesn't suck the most. She came back with how he always had choices. He knew that, but she didn't understand his meaning since she had always had power. A love story, interracial or not, this is how it is done. Classic Randi as always. Stories don't get any better than this. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Powerful Story.

I normally don't read stories in the romance section. I read the first few paragraphs to see if it will be interesting to me. This one hooked me hard from the start. It is a truly great read.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 4 years ago
All In All....

A great story. Yes there might be a few things that upset readers and maybe their thoughts may make you an even better author. My only consideration as that it could be longer and the problems they experienced and their resolution could have become a more integral part of the story rather than seeming to be an addendum. However I loved it - well done.

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

Great story as expected from a great storyteller.

Thoroughly enjoyed this tale

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Likeable

Likeable story,though I don't see how she had to work more hours after she was married ,then she did before.

Mike_SxMike_Sxover 3 years ago

Randi, this story is absolutely the finest story written on this sight. Thank you for such an up lifting family story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Thank you so much for your story telling. You seem to inject a lot of yourself into your characters, i think that you would be a great friend! look forward to more in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

It is very true that if a spouse is so into their job, It can certainly affect the family structure to the point of breaking the nucleus up

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Wonderful story and not that far-fetched. Sometimes, when things are going well, we lose sight of what really matters. Sage did, but her girls stopped her before it was too late. Though not her biological mother, she absolutely loved Reynolds before she married Jaks. She finally realized her family meant more than life to her and her, to them! Another chapter and maybe more babies would be wonderful!

kamdev99008kamdev99008about 3 years ago

Great story.....

Rated maximum... I can rate

AFoolRushesInAFoolRushesInabout 3 years ago

I really liked this story. I have liked all those I have read. Your flow and characterization are very good. I give kudo's to your team, but the writer has the ultimate responsibility. I especially like stories written from the woman's perspective. I have drafts around where I attempted this, but hey, I'm a guy. They never feel right. I am looking forward to reading more of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Balancing work and family is always difficult. Randi, I admire how well you tell a story especially when they include a child. You also have a rare ability to write equally well from the male / female perspective. Thank you for your stories! 5 stars.

somewhere east of Omaha

CagivagurlCagivagurlalmost 3 years ago

Wow, what a great story, thought provoking, beautifully written and such a sweet story. I absolutely loved this. It read so true, you managed to unlock the distractions of ego. Your ability to cut to the chase and make the read so comfortable. What can I say. Five stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Thanks!😍

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'm giving you a five because they forgot to put in a six.

BJ

NonSequitourNonSequitourover 2 years ago

Great story! I did have to laugh at Sage being written denouncing black stereotypes while Jacks is written as having Big White Cock. Too funny.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow! I love your refreshingly different stories and takes on things! BJ is right 5*s just isn't enough. Well done. More please! ; )

goodshoes2goodshoes2over 2 years ago

I am reading from the top down on the Literotica "menu" of your stories. I have given 5 stars to each one so far. However, I have yet to make a comment. Now that stops. Holy Cow!!! I love your writing!! Will continue on down the list, and give comment s where appropriate/deserved. But I, at this point, don't see where you will rate less than 5 stars. Keep it up, please! Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"I wanted to write a human story, not a male/female story." Heck if I know what blackrandI1958 is trying to tell us. As long as we are talking about the male and the female of our species, a male/female story qualifies as a human story, does it not? I'm puzzled.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

Avery nice love story and sort of a reversal of roles. There was a guy I worked with at the U he quit and awhile later he showed up to visit wearing a baby in a front pack carrier. Turns out his wife worked for Microsoft and made a hell of lot more than he did. So they decided one of them should stay home with the baby, it only mad sense for him to. Seemed to work out for them. If people get married the first priority is the family, no 'me' or 'I' or even 'us' but the family and communication. keep writing love your work and thanks to your editors also. Tis old (78) white boy loves a good romance.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

I forgot to mention, your stories are very good and really don't need the long sex scenes, yeah, I know this is LIT and people come here to read those but there are many stories here with no sex in them and they get high ratings also while others pas them by. After all sex is an overated pastime, isn't it?

Nothingman83Nothingman83over 2 years ago

I absolutely LOVE your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

5 Stars. What would I change? (Seriously, this is literotica, we all have at least one critique of every story.) Maybe just one or two more paragraphs, as the ending felt just a tad abrupt. A great read!

OU8ME2ICOU8ME2ICabout 2 years ago

OMG, I agree with all the wonderful comments that have been made. I feel that one of the things that sets you apart as a exceptional author is your ability to incorporate a message in your stories that shows that people can overcome obstacles by showing compassion, tolerance and love. Thank you and your team for the time and effort you put in writing such wonderful stories. -Lenny

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Thanks for the effort, as usual it was top shelf. You made some great life/ relationship observations without being preachy. Your characters come to life in conversation and make your work a joy to read. Keep on keeping on!

DP

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersalmost 2 years ago

Good story, nice moral.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Is it too late filor a sequel?

Wonderful story.

Thank you.

G

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Dear puzzled (from 10 months ago) - if you take the time to actually read the story instead of speed reading perhaps you might notice Reynalds in the story. Sage fell in love with her before her dad Jacks. Again, take the time to enjoy the words and the tale, it is rewarding!

My 2 favorite writers are Randi and Q -their stories are what I look for first in the daily new list (not that there are not many other very good writers). Thank you Randi for all your good work!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I read this story for the first time about a year ago and I was VERY impressed with it then. With this new reading, I am still VERY much impressed and even more so. Thx for the deep and loving human side that you portrait here.

Two sets of 5* end to end

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wonderful story. 10 stars! When Sage found Reynolds, that little girl was automatically her daughter. Then she married a man that really loved her and gave her daughter a sister. She got carried away with work, but both daughters snapped her back. If you think Reynolds is not her daughter, try hurting her. Mama bear will protect BOTh babies!

DG HearDG Hearover 1 year ago

That was a great story. One of the best I've read here on Lit. 5* just isn't enough.

DG Hear

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is a wonderful story that Beggs for more to be told. I'm also relieved it didn't become a racial tale if spite and blame. Well done.

Diecast1Diecast1over 1 year ago

Love the story. Needs another chapter I think. AAAAAA+++++

mikeyjb51mikeyjb51over 1 year ago

One of the best, Girl !!!!

DuncanitaDuncanitaover 1 year ago

Dangit! That twist at the end was gold! 10 stars!

Aussie1951Aussie1951about 1 year ago
Yes

You’ve done it again. Another brilliant ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Loved this story

DuncanitaDuncanitaabout 1 year ago

4th read, you really rock... i'm a sucker for romance...

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Love your writing !!! Please keep going !!!! Thanks!!!

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith12 months ago

Beautiful tale! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

tsgtcapttsgtcapt10 months ago

Great read! Thank you.

TulipfuzzTulipfuzz10 months ago

Loved the story and gave it five solid stars. The only thing to make it better would be to have the bitch ex-wife return and try to extort a small fortune and her getting ground into dust in the process.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userblackrandl1958@blackrandl1958
I find it necessary to make some statement. I own my stories. They belong to me. I created them, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the narration, all created by me. I retain copyright to them. No one has my permission to duplicate parts or all of my stories, either in te...

SIMILAR Stories