Are You My Husband? Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They didn't know. All they knew was that they wanted her back.

Scott needed to get into the office and talk to Gabe and his dad about making an offer to Stennis, but he would do that on the phone.

Scott said, "I'm going to get her. I'll beg and plead, but worst-case scenario is that I'll tie her up and throw her in the back, but she's coming back."

Beverly replied, "I don't think you'll have to tie her up. I'm coming with you."

Kathleen offered to take care of the kids, and Janie went to work.

On the drive to Greenville, when Matt called the office, Ramon told Scott that Marco was leaving town. It seems he was pulled over by a deputy yesterday for having a, 'cough, cough,' broken taillight. Marco was told that Gwinnett County probably wasn't the best place for him to continue living if he doesn't want to be pulled over regularly. With Stennis going to jail, his future in Gwinnett County didn't look nearly as comfortable, so he was making plans to leave posthaste, assuming he didn't land in jail for the marijuana arrest.

Just over two hours later, when Scott and Beverly arrived at Abril's apartment, she let them in and said, "I'll go make everyone some coffee."

The normally vivacious and sassy Dina was sitting very timid and reserved in the living room.

Beverly was brooking no dissension from Dina when it came to her running away to Greenville.

Angrily, Beverly started, "Do your promises mean anything!? Or are they just words?"

Dina was startled by the questions and the tone.

Beverly continued, "Well, do they? Didn't you promise me that you were going to take care of our family? Didn't you promise me that if you needed anything you would call? This is the second time that you haven't called me when you expressly needed me. Did you lose my phone number? Hmmm?"

Dina whispered, "No."

"Then what in the heck are you doing running away to here? Woman, they are relying on you. Hell, I'm relying on you!"

She replied, "They can do better than me. I've done nothing but bring bad people and events into their life."

Scott cried, "Bullshit! I hired Marco, not you. He had me fooled first."

Beverly told her, "I don't believe you. I don't think they can do better than you because there is no one better than you. You've been a godsend into their lives. Marco was a mistake, and a forgivable one."

Scott said, "Dina, the happiest that I have EVER been in my life is just after Kathleen and Janie gave birth to Franklin and Mandy. Part of the reason is because of them and the new babies, but do you know another big reason I was so happy. My household was operating perfectly because you were running it. I didn't have to worry about ANYTHING. You were taking care of everything. Even when Mamma was there, she was helping you, not the other way around. So, I'll tell you, again, I NEED you in my life. We, The Parkers, need you in our lives. Period. Full Stop. No 'ifs,' 'ands' OR 'buts.' You belong with us, and we want you with us."

Dina said, "I feel so guilty and dirty. It's like a stench that I can't wash away. I'm just ashamed of the whole thing and my part in it."

Beverly said, "I don't think you have a malicious bone in your body. I don't believe any of it was ever intentional on your part. Was it?"

Dina shook her head.

Scott walked over and hugged Dina, "I love you, Dina. You better know that. We all do. I told you I'd come get you and drag your ass back home if you ever ran away. Well, we're here to do exactly that. Now, if you're agreeable, I'll secure you in the SUV with a seatbelt. If not, I've got some zip ties, and I'll just throw your ass in the back."

Beverly looked at her son and smirked. She loved her boy.

That brought out a weak smile from Dina, too.

Dina asked, "Are you sure you want me?"

Scott chuckled, "Did you know that Acindina means 'safe.' I don't think my children could be any safer than when they are in your care. If you're asking me to beg, I will. But you should know the answer to that question already. We not only want you; we need you."

Beverly shrugged her shoulders, "You made me a promise. I'm just holding you to it. Besides, we're hopefully going to have a new baby in the next year or so. You're going to be needed even more."

Scott reminded her, "You said to keep them coming."

That brought a true grin from Dina, who hugged Beverly and told her, "I love all of you so much. It killed me to think that I brought so much pain into your life. I'd rather cut off my own hand or run away rather than bring pain to any of you."

Beverly replied, "If you really mean that, then you'll come back with us. You should know that we're hurting when you aren't with us."

Dina said, "My bags are still in the SUV. We can go when you are ready."

Abril pipped in, "Why don't you guys have some of this coffee I made, then you can get back on the road."

Crisis averted.

Beverly drove for Dina in Kathleen's SUV and Scott followed in his vehicle back to Suwanee.

When they walked in the door, all of the children shouted, "Ms. Dina!"

She knew that this was home.

__________

End of Part 02