"Arresting" Officer Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Arriving at Celeste's house, I took a deep breath before ringing the doorbell. Inside this house, a woman I knew well was living out my worst nightmare. The door opened, and there she stood, eyes red from crying. She was dressed, but just barely, having received the bad news while still in bed. As soon as she saw me, she collapsed, and I caught her under the arms, then scooped her up. I kicked the door shut, and carried her inside.

Heading to the sofa, I looked down at the light load weeping in my arms. In the process of catching her, her night shirt had come askew, and now was pulled up higher than she would like, if she was aware of it. A small tuft of curly, blonde pubes sat above her little camel-toe, bared by the situation, along with most of one breast which had slipped through the neckline. One soft, but delicious looking pink nipple drew my gaze.

I felt a little guilty seeing her like this. She was hanging limp, and clearly didn't know she was on display. As her friend, I tried to look away, and once we reached the couch, I laid her down, and rearranged her clothes, giving her back her modesty. I covered her with a blanket, then went to get a cool, wet cloth to clean her up. When I returned, her eyes were open again.

She tried to smile, but it was a weak attempt, and she let me wipe her face soothingly. Her tears had abated for the moment.

"I'm so sorry," I said softly, kneeling beside the couch.

She nodded, and her lower lip quivered, signaling the return of a wave of painful emotions. She held her arms out, asking for a hug, which I gave her. I felt her sobbing uncontrollably, and held her close, letting her get it out.

I was having very mixed emotions, myself. Holding a beautiful, emotionally vulnerable woman, and feeling her soft body against mine, I admit that a small part of me was enjoying the contact. That led to guilt. Both Emily and Celeste were trusting me not to take advantage of the situation.

Mostly, I felt her pain. There, but for the grace of God, go I. I only hoped, that should the day ever come when I needed the same kind of support, that someone would do the same for me.

And then I prayed that day would never come.

I spent a few hours with her. We talked. I listened, piecing together what had happened to her husband. Messages from Emily filled in some gaps. From what I could gather, it appeared to be a routine traffic stop. Both the suspect and Robbie's cruiser were on the shoulder. As Robbie approached the driver's door, an inattentive driver, passing by at full speed, strayed from his lane, just enough to matter. The contact bounced Robbie off the suspect's car, and into traffic, where the following vehicle struck and killed him.

It was a tragically stupid way to die, and made me grateful that Emily's traffic days were behind her. Just one less potential danger, in a world rife with them.

I was just getting some food into Celeste when my relief crew arrived. Three other women, all police spouses, took over. They were going to bathe her, dress her and then take care of her further. As much as I might have liked to watch, I was glad to be leaving at this point. I was exhausted.

***

Back at home, I was happy to find Emily already there, and in one piece. She greeted me at the door, as though I had been the one at work all day. Just another one of the myriad of things I loved about her. She knew it had been a rough day for everyone involved, and was concerned about me.

"How's my darling?" she asked, stroking my hair softly as she hugged me.

"Better now," I sighed, holding her tight. She was soft, and welcoming, wearing her workout gear. "I really missed you today."

"I know, baby," she whispered in my ear. "I wish I could have been there to help you. Everyone's in shock downtown. Is Celeste okay?"

"No, but she's got someone there all night tonight, to look after her. Somehow, we'll get her through it," I said, as we walked through the house toward the kitchen. "The funeral is going to be really tough for her. It's a good thing she doesn't have to plan it."

Robbie's funeral would be a full, official police tribute, and the department had staff whose very unpleasant job it was to take care of such things. The normal schedule would have it taking place in three days, and they had far too much occasion to practice.

"Promise me you'll never put me through this?" I begged, slumping on a stool at the island in the kitchen.

Emily came out of the fridge with a drink for me, and stepped into my embrace.

"I'd like to, honey, I really would, but you know I can't," she said, rubbing my back. "The best I can do is promise to be careful, and you have my word on that. Are you hungry?"

"Yes," I nodded. The topic of danger was a contentious one for us, but she understood my concerns, and I understood that it went with the territory. The alternative was life without her, and that wasn't really life, in my opinion.

I sat there, zoned out, while Emily made a very nice sandwich for me. She slid it across on a plate, then came to sit beside me, encouraging me to eat.

"Come on, sweetheart, you need to eat something. I know you're tired, and emotionally exhausted, but if you don't eat, you won't be much help to Celeste tomorrow," she prodded. "You know, I'm very proud of you, stepping up like that when she called. I know it's not easy for you, but you put the needs of others ahead of your own comfort. That's pretty special. It makes me love you even more."

The sandwich didn't last long once I decided to eat it, and Emily gave me a kiss before she took my hand and led me upstairs.

"Let me take care of you, now," she smiled, unbuttoning my shirt. Her hands caressed my skin softly, followed by her lips, as she peeled the garment away. Her eyes were full of love. "Here, honey. Why don't you just crawl into bed, and I'll be back in a minute to look after you? You've done enough for today."

I have to admit, I liked the sound of that. After spending the day with a woman who inadvertently flashed me repeatedly, and who had been mashed against my chest for a considerable period of time, it was nice to be allowed to act on those built up urges. I stripped, and slid into bed, eagerly awaiting Emily's return.

She walked in, her hair brushed, and tucked into its bedtime ponytail. She was still dressed as before, if you could call a thin layer of spandex being dressed. She paused, and gave me a little smile as she slowly tugged the short zipper, that held the front of her top together, downward. More and more cleavage peeked out, until only a few zipper teeth held back the swell of her firm breasts. She stretched both arms over her head, and inhaled deeply.

It was more than the zipper could stand. The elastic effect of the spandex pulled away, and her chest bounced free.

"Oops!" she giggled, swinging her shoulders. She knew how I felt about her tits, and jiggled them enticingly before my eyes, in an effort to raise my spirits, as well as another part of my anatomy. It worked. I smiled, and my dick twitched under the covers. She shrugged the top off, and turned away to skin the tight shorts off over her hips, giving me a view of her sexy ass, and the juicy pussy peeking out as she bent over to step out of them. Now nude, she lifted the sheet and crawled in beside me.

"What would you like, darling?" she asked, a playful grin on her face. "Or shall I surprise you?"

"Lady's choice," I smiled. Being here with her was already melting the day away. Whatever she chose was sure to finish the job.

"Mmmmm. So many options," she purred, rubbing her luscious chest against me. Her hand found my cock, and she began to stroke it gently, moaning as it grew in her grasp. "Well, why not start with something tried and true?"

Yes. No need to re-invent the wheel, when her mouth could already send me to heaven. She slid slowly under the sheet, moving ever closer to the throbbing shaft in her hand. I felt her warm breath, then the moist tip of her tongue. She kissed up and down the length, top and bottom, then even licked my balls, before I finally felt her lips on the head.

They parted slowly, and my cock slid deep into her warm, wet mouth. Her tongue swirled around teasingly. She sucked, and stroked, in a smooth, gentle rhythm.

Emily had shown me her considerable oral skills on more occasions than I could count. She had given me the fast version, which proved to be more than I could resist. She had also shown me her patient side, in a blowjob that took nearly an hour to reach its extremely explosive climax. That one had made me cum so hard my balls ached for two days. This one appeared to be leaning toward the latter. Either way, I knew it would be good.

"Oh, Em, honey... that feels terrific," I moaned. A moan of response came from under the sheet. The bulge which was her head rose and fell slowly. I relaxed, and let her do as she promised; take care of me, and needs I had suppressed throughout the day.

Her mouth was magical. I swear, I'd kill for one of her blowjobs. Fortunately, Emily wasn't one of those women who viewed sex as a reward for bending to her will. To her, it was its own reward.

This was definitely one of her best efforts. It was... luxurious. I merely laid back and let her take me to heights I didn't know existed. She had a tight grip around the base of my cock, choking off the exit for both semen and blood, making my erection harder, and even more purple than usual. Her moans of enjoyment mixed with my own. My balls were throbbing, desperate to empty the load that was building to explosive levels.

"Oh, fuck, Emily, you're too much," I groaned, fighting the urge to thrust my hips. It only made my agony more exquisite. "Let me cum, honey, or I'm going to burst the plumbing."

She looked up at me, those deep, brown eyes piercing my own. I begged, without saying a word, and she winked at me, shifting her position slightly to take me deeper. She plunged her head forward... once, twice, and on the third she released her grip.

"Oh GOOD GOD!" I gasped, as what felt like gallons of hot cum erupted into her sucking mouth. "FUCK! OH FUCK! SUCK IT BABY!"

The edges of my vision grew fuzzy, like a white tunnel closing in, and I continued to spray her throat with spasm after spasm. Emily just groaned, and kept swallowing, gulping and stroking with her hand. If there was a male equivalent to the multiple orgasm, I think I was having one, and she just kept on sucking, even after there was nothing left to expel. Her fingers tightened around the base again, and I knew she was trying to keep me hard, so she could have some fun, too.

Surprisingly, it worked, and even though I was rendered incapable of the simplest tasks by the post-orgasmic haze, my cock remained viable, and she quickly climbed aboard, stabbing my saliva coated shaft up her dripping cunt.

"I hope you don't mind," she moaned, "but I just have to have some more."

"Nmo proleb, hep, yo sef," I mumbled succinctly. It made perfect sense in my head, but somewhere between my brain and my mouth, the signals got a little messed up.

"Did I break you?" she giggled, grinding her pussy down harder.

Rather than try to speak and fail again, I put my thumb and forefinger up, in the universal gesture for a 'little bit'.

"Well, just hold it together for another minute, baby," she smiled, fucking herself desperately. I watched her boobs bounce and jiggle. Under normal circumstances, I would have been compelled to grab them, and suck on her deliciously tall nipples, but that required a level of coordination I had not yet re-acquired.

So, I just laid back, and took in the show. It took a little longer than the advertised minute, but it was worth the wait. I mean, my cock was totally numb, so I wasn't actually feeling much of anything, but Emily obviously was, and judging by her vocalizations, it was good for her.

"Oh, fuck, yeah! I just love that big, hard cock! It's so fucking good!" she groaned, pounding her wet pussy up and down with feverish need. "Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Oh yes! So close! Oh, baby! Yes! Yes! YESSSS!"

Her body shook and twisted in ecstasy. Despite my distinct lack of involvement in her orgasm, I still felt the warmth of knowing she had cum, and when she leaned forward to rest on my chest, I wrapped my arms around her. She moaned softly, and snuggled tighter into my chest. Soon, she rolled off, and took her place beside me, close under my arm.

Sleep came quickly, bringing an end to a very difficult day. There would be more.

***

The funeral was as nice as a funeral can be. One might almost call it inspiring, with all its respect, and ceremony. If only it weren't for the coffin, the folded flag, and Celeste's tears.

Emily was at my side, of course, in full dress uniform. Again, if not for the somber circumstances, I might have had different emotions. She always looked spectacularly hot in full dress.

As we paid our respects, Celeste wrapped me in a warm embrace of gratitude. I had spent parts of the last three days with her, and would be spending many more. Grief has no timetable.

"Thank you for coming," she said softly. "Both of you. Davis, I appreciate your support during this whole thing." She surprised me by kissing me, full on the lips. She held the kiss for a few seconds, then released me, and turned to Emily.

"Your husband is a very good man. He's helped me through a lot, and I hope I can continue to count on his friendship," Celeste said, taking Emily's hand. "It is my sincere hope that he never has to go through this with you. Please, be careful out there, for both your sakes."

"Of course, and thank you," Emily nodded, her eyes moist. "I promise. Don't hesitate to ask for anything. Anything at all."

Celeste clung to me for the duration of the ceremony, until we passed her off to others, who took her home in the limo. Satisfied she was safe, we walked silently, arm in arm, back to our car. I was riding shotgun today, and once we were inside the quiet of the car, we sat, listening to each other breathe.

"You okay, honey?" I asked, touching her hand. She was looking straight forward, eyes unfocused in the distance. A tear rolled down her cheek, and her lower lip quivered.

"That poor woman," she whispered, grabbing my hand firmly. "I can't imagine how I'd manage without you."

"I think that's my line," I replied, equally gently. "Unless hangnails have the potential to become fatal, I think you're safe. I'm the writer. You're the cop."

"Yes, smart ass, I'm well aware," she smiled, weakly. "It's just... what she said. The thought of either of us going through this pain... I mean, I know it has to happen eventually, but not now, and not soon. Maybe in another fifty years," she squeezed my hand, "if you can put up with me that long."

"I think I'm willing to risk it," I smiled. "I won't promise anything beyond fifty, though."

"Okay, okay," she nodded. "I guess that's fair. So, let's do it."

Huh? It took a minute for me to sort that one out. We had talked about it, but had been living together long enough now that we were legally a couple, anyway. Actual marriage had been put on the back burner. Maybe it was being moved back up front.

"Are you asking me to marry you?" I giggled. "Aren't you supposed to get down on one knee?"

"Not in my dress uniform," she smiled, the previous sadness replaced by happiness. "I just had it cleaned."

"Alright, I'll let it slide this time," I laughed, "but only this time." We laughed together for a moment, then I had to clear the air. "You're sure you want to get married? This isn't the funeral talking?"

Emily sat for a few seconds, then turned to face me in her seat. Her eyes were piercing when she spoke.

"I won't lie to you. Is it because of the funeral? Maybe a little," she said, directly. "But that isn't the real reason. It just reminded me that we have unfinished business, and that I love you more than ever. Yes, I'm sure I want to get married. We've waited long enough."

***

Of course, having waited long enough didn't mean we wouldn't have to wait a little bit longer. Emily's relatively recent promotion to lieutenant had put a pile of open investigations on her desk, and a few of those were at a critical juncture.

Meaning we couldn't get away right now, but we could plan for the opportunity. The opportunity which came about, in part, through Celeste.

As the phrase elucidates, "What goes around, comes around". Most people only pull that one up when someone does them wrong, and they're looking for some potentially divine intervention. However, it has a positive spin, as well.

As a thank you for helping their daughter through her tragedy, Celeste's parents offered us the use of their villa on Maui, at the Grand Wailea. To call them luxurious accommodations would be an epic understatement. While the villa itself was located on higher ground, a few hundred yards from the beach, it did have an ocean view. Guests in the villas had full access to all the amenities at the main resort, a destination regularly considered one of the most beautiful in the world. If there's a better place to pledge your eternal love for someone, I'd like to see it.

So, with the location for the ceremony set, it was just a matter of when. After much crunching of schedules for Emily, the date was set. In three months, we would wing our way to the Aloha State, and three days into our two-week stay, tie the knot, in what was sure to be a very memorable event on the beach, near sunset.

All we had to do is be safe until then.

Easier said than done.

***

There was a time, during our lives, when police operations were a purely male domain. Whether because of narrow-minded politics, or simply because women hadn't yet discovered that particular line of work, men did it all.

Including dressing up as female targets in mugging or rape stings. We've all seen the comedies where Bubba Smith is in a dress, complete with mustache intact, trying to attract criminal activity.

That's great for TV and the movies, but most criminals aren't quite that blind. Even the most petite and effeminate male officer still walks like a guy.

That was then, of course. Now, they had the real deal to choose from, and female officers regularly put their safety in even greater danger during these special operations. Emily had done it in the past. In fact, one of those ops was instrumental in promoting her to detective. Turns out bad guys found her irresistible.

They weren't alone in that opinion. I made it clear to her that I wasn't thrilled with the prospect of her doing it again, and that I wanted her back in one piece, with the same number of holes in her as she started with. Alas, my opinion was carefully considered, then weighed against the fact that the police might be able to rid the streets of a particularly nasty man. It wasn't a real guilt-trip, but it did make me feel a little selfish. In the end, she volunteered, and planning began for the operation.

Emily was going to be the bait, but in this case, they knew the type of fish they were hoping to land. In fact, they had a reasonable idea of the specific fish. They even knew his name, and address.

None of which made it any less dangerous for my future wife, but it did allow them to focus their attention better. I wasn't supposed to know any of this, of course, but cops have to unload their baggage somewhere, and when Emily talked, I listened.

Three women had been raped, in the same area of town. Grabbed from behind, clubbed, and dragged into an appropriate, filthy place, none could identify their attacker. However, each was able to provide a small piece of evidence; a hair on one, scraped skin cells on another, and a small smear of blood from the one that fought back the most. Two of the victims had survived.