All Comments on 'As Time Goes By Ch. 03'

by Maonaigh

Sort by:
  • 52 Comments
AnneChildOfUniverseAnneChildOfUniverseover 8 years ago
Beautiful

All 3 chapters are just one word: beautiful !

Neptune60Neptune60over 8 years ago
Wonderful

The story telling was wonderful, all three chapters were beautifully crafted, humorus, loving and written with great aplomb.

You,Sir, are a bloody good writer, (Pardon my language!)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Such a beautiful story

tears, joy and love!

fantac63fantac63over 8 years ago
great characters

As Time Goes By is one of my favorite British shows and I wish it was still on. The reason is simple. Very strong, believable and lovable characters. Your writing affects me in the same way. As evidenced by the tears I shed,especially at Dot's passing. I once wrote to Barbara Delinsky, one of my favorite authors, asking id she ever cried as she wrote., as I do. She told me that when she wrote the final chapter of "Accidental Woman," she and her husband were both crying. I should tell;you that I am now 79 and male. Some of my stories are on this site under the name fantac64.

Thanks for making me cry.

rml65rml65over 8 years ago
You have a beautiful writing gift!

This story was one of the best love stories I have read! Please write more, all your stories are wonderful!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
5 stars.

Truly magnificent story. Great writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Amazing

The best love story I have ever read! It brought tears to my eyes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

An absolutely wonderful story. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Keep up the great writing.

LcnmdLcnmdover 8 years ago
An amazing story!

So well written and put together! I've never had a story here that made me cry, until now!

Please write more!

L

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I've enjoued the story so much.

I wish I could give reasons why I liked the story. I think that a well told story is like music. A great song performed by someone interested in getting the message of the song across rather than showing off their vocal abilities is magical. I was immersed in the story. The scenes and the emotions were vivid. The way various people accepted the lesbian characters was wonderful. God is a God of love not hate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
A great read

You are a very good writer, your story is well planned and your use of the Yorkshire and Welsh dialect makes it all the more interesting to read. Five stars thank you.

MaonaighMaonaighover 8 years agoAuthor
Thanks

In a way these Literotica stories have been well out of my former writing comfort zone, so your kind comments are very encouraging. My thanks to all of you.

germanchocolate4ugermanchocolate4uover 8 years ago

In today's techno-socio-media-immediate-gratification self-centered society, everything seems so fabricated, rushed, and less tolerant. This story not only takes us back to a time of courtship, patience and romance. And it also reminds us that we need to slow down, become comfortable with ourselves and take our time getting to l mow a prospective partner. If we're lucky, As Time Goes By, we'll find lasting Love like like the characters in the story. Kudos to Maonaigh for writing a true Love Story

germanchocolate4ugermanchocolate4uover 8 years ago

My apologies for the grammatical errors. A slip of the hand on my phone posted it before I had a chance to edit it. But the sentence where the words became muddle should say, "getting to know a prospective partner" and the other sentence towards the end should have one "like" in it. Sorry about that. I hope this did not distort my sincere feelings about this beautiful Love Story. Thanks Maonaighn and everyone for your understanding.

Cindy1001Cindy1001over 8 years ago
All the stars in the universe

I would have loved to give you all the stars in the universe, but the score is limited to five. So, there remain plenty of stars out there to be rewarded to you for future writings. Because I do hope you will continue writing. In just a few chapters, you have guided us through beautiful characters and emotions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Loved It

Wished there was more, 5 Stars just doesn't rate it, brilliant

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Sorry the story is finished!

Truly delightful story. I wish there were more of the same ilk on Literotica. We need a new category, Lesbian romance, so that we don't have to wade through lesbian fucking stories aimed at and perhaps written by men.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Please write more of those stories ! I read them more than once and now i need another story and another story ........... from you.

HelethirHelethirabout 8 years ago

This story was absolutely incredible. Beautiful... simply beautiful. Please don't stop writing these touching stories. Thank you the wonderful read, even tho i couldn't stop the tears while reading part two and the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Wonderful

A truely wonderful series of stories. So loving and where explicit, so soft gentle and loving. Thank you and I hope all the best for a truely loving future together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I love your writing

Hello Maonaigh

Your writing is among the top three I have read here. You have a real gift, so please keep up the good work and write, write, write. Read you later.

RLG

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Fantastic Story!

I stumbled upon your story about Emma and Sam, and progressed to this one, and just like the other, it is fantastic! I will continue to read your excellent stories, and just hope you keep writing them! :)

Grognard1Grognard1about 7 years ago
Go Pro!

I should think it is about time to work on selling your stories, I.e. get into "the Show."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Appreciated the Yorkshire accent That were gradely

ausfetausfetalmost 7 years ago
A really lovely, sweet story

Love the variety in the women's personalities, all with their own quirks. Dot and Meg were my favourires.

TrueMortTrueMortover 6 years ago
totally amazing

you write beautifully seriously moved me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
bravo and well done

bravo....... a well written and lovely story indeed (bring tears to my eyes). i wish you would continue the story more but i understand to anything must come to an end - noorfawzi

Sexy_LisaSexy_Lisaover 6 years ago
Great Story!

As stated previously, I feel another chapter would be nice... of course with a happy ending. Maybe showing how things might be twenty, thirty years head. At least a recap up to that time.

lespoon1lespoon1about 6 years ago
Amazing Again..

This is my fourth time reading this wonderful story. I read the new 'Irene' story yesterday (loved it) and decided to re-visit your other stories. This one has always been one of my very favorites. I'm sure I will re-visit it again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Truly Beautiful

I continue to love your work as it is much more than just sex. This story broke my heart why Dot died but I loved how Fran ended up in a similar situation with Dusty as Dot had her. I have also now read every story of yours and am eagerly waiting for the next. As always I loved the emotional read.

sandy_parissandy_parisover 4 years ago

I have just read this series again, probably for the third time. The story is a good, a nice one and the storytelling is excellent. Its not just sex but romance. Thank you

DiTo_DDiTo_Dalmost 4 years ago

Dear, dear Maonaigh,

Please DON'T You EVER write a story like this anymore. I will never forget Dot, and every time I see Casablanca now, there's an other story playing in my head. And Dusty?.... She's so adorable I could eat her.. hmm thinking of that Nah I would scare the sh.. out of her. I really envied Fran when finally Dusty stood in front of her. The series will be on top of my favourite list by far.

Thank you so much

Oh and about that first line.... Forget it!

Write such stories as much as you can!!

Your D.

DeepestDesire81DeepestDesire81over 3 years ago

Warning!

This is not a sex story. It is a love story, which does involves sex.

You can't help but care for the characters.

Even bigger Warning!!!

If this the sort of story, you enjoy reading, be prepared to to cry tears of sadness and in other parts, tears of joy.

This is one of my favourites.

Candy_Kane54Candy_Kane54over 3 years ago

I loved all three parts of this love story. Casablanca is also one of my favorite movies so I really enjoyed seeing it in this story. Five stars for all three parts.

beddybearbeddybearabout 3 years ago
BRAVO

Always love to read a great romance. So much emotion. It always feel great to see characters got hard time but finally find love.

Your writing and story telling are marvelous as always.

Thanks sharing your talent with us. Greatly appreciated.

Sylvain

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thanks such a great story first and loved the humour in the fling with the Welsh lady. Really glad you have kept going.

Nerdyqueen94Nerdyqueen94over 2 years ago

So beautiful through the laughter and the tears.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another excellent story from a very good author.

The end was maybe a bit rushed. Having said that though, I have absolutely no idea how to lengthen it or what else could have been added. That's why you're the author and I am merely the reader.

As I read closer and closer to the end I thought I was going to be disappointed and that there would be no reconciliation between Dusty and Alice. So I am pleased they did make amends, even if it was just a brief passage in the story.

I loved the humour throughout the three chapters, as nerdyqueen said, laughter and tears.

This story is a double wet one.

I peed myself laughing and then later had tears rolling down my cheeks.

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusover 2 years ago

And so in the end it became a First Time story. Dusty and Fran tamed each other like the Little Prince and the fox. Two outstandingly ordinary women opening themselves up to each other in all their woundedness. Few authors, if any, have depicted anything close to the painstaking, loving initiation that Fran gave Dusty.

Each chapter unfolded its own story.

Another 5 stars.

LilkahunaLilkahunaover 2 years ago

You do have a gift, milady. You do stir my emotions which is the best that can be said for any writer. I also really appreciate your excellent grammar, composition and spelling. Not that easy to find here. Keep it up.

telecomtomtelecomtomabout 2 years ago

Beautifully written. Loved it. Keep up the stories because your readers demand it. You have a real skill.

DickSimpsonDickSimpsonabout 2 years ago

You must remember this, the world will always welcome lovers, AS TIME GOES BY. Great work.

alexwatson62alexwatson62almost 2 years ago

Doesn`t matter how many times I read this, it is just as enjoyable a tale today as it was when I first read it.

Comfortable pacing, great use of well known films and as always, a great use of fantastic knowledge of music.

One of the most enjoyable pieces of romance on the site.

DessertmanDessertmanalmost 2 years ago

I have just read this for the 2nd time and shed tears again. You write about love so well.

DessertmanDessertmanover 1 year ago

I lost a dear friend of 35 years to pancreatic cancer when she was only 60. She died less than 3 months from her diagnosis.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is another of your wonderful stories, I'm reading it a second time and just as overcome as the first time, thank you so much

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 1 year ago

The future comes and time flies by .... So i wish them luck and happiness .... Cute lovely tale

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝🍀

okami1061okami1061over 1 year ago

Are you SURE you filled out "Gender" in your profile correctly?

Cupertino345Cupertino345over 1 year ago

Great story⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Thanks for sharing.

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai6439 months ago

Lovely!

A really good Story!

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Oh my, what a lovely story. From heartache to heaven!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMaonaigh@Maonaigh
I've been writing semi-pro since the 1960s, most of my stories falling under the blanket heading of weird tales. However, I'd written nothing for 5-6 years because my wife was very ill and disabled and care for her was my priority. Some months after her death in December 2013 ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES