All Comments on 'Ashley's Tale 05'

by Magicwrtr

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Just one thing

Prostrate - to lie face down, as in submission or adoration

Prostate - the prostate is a walnut-sized gland located between the bladder and the penis

MagicwrtrMagicwrtrover 9 years agoAuthor
LOL

Typo... I know the difference.

Thanks for the early morning laugh though... That must have been jarring.

GindjurraGindjurraabout 9 years ago
Conquest of D.C.

As far as I know, outside of fiction no one has ever really proposed JUST D.C. getting conquered. When fiction touches on it, it tends to be cartoony or comic bookish, such as the old Christopher Reeve Superman movie with General Zod, or D.C. just getting blown up, Independence Day style.

It's a fascinating idea to think about, but it wouldn't really do much to the United States. There are planned lones of succession dating back to the Cold War that cover what happens if D.C. gets taken out, and losing that much of the federal government would be disruptive but not devastating. I don't know where the next successor is after everyone in D.C. is removed from play, my guess would be it would be the judge with the longest senority in the first cicruit of the court of appeals, but don't quote me on that. Whoever it is, it would be a seamless transfer of power.

But assuming that somehow all of the feds, everywhere, got taken out? The United States is a federation of republics, and if the federation part got completely removed down to the last clerk in every federal building in the country, such that the federal constitution and government effectively no longer existed, you'd be left with fifty independent sovereign nations and a handful of leaderless territories (Guam, Puerto Rico, etc), though the territorial governments would quickly pick up the slack.

Conquering a state, even a small one, is a lot harder than conquering a single city and takes a LOT more troops. If the only reason D.C. got taken over is a lack of troops, this will be a very short invasion.

GindjurraGindjurraabout 9 years ago
Libel and slander

If someone loses their career over a false accusation of wrongdoing, they can sue their accuser for monetary damages. Yes, even if the feds do it. If the loss of career is due to being unofficially blacklisted or leaned on, that raises the amount of damages that can be sued for, since it demonstrates malice.

The police union is the strongest union in the world. Police hate arresting fellow officers, prosecutors hate filing charges against police and judges tend to be far more lenient with police than anyone else. Yet despite all of that, it's usually easier to get a cop arrested, charged, tried, convicted and imprisoned for years than it is to fire one, no matter what the cop did to deserve it. An officer who is wrongfully fired can go to the union to get their job back, and make it stick. Even if they were convicted of what they were fired for, the union can often get them rehired with back pay.

That's how strong police unions are in the United States. Even if rhe union won't help, federal laws can still get her reinstated.

My guess is Ashley wasn't fired at all, she was just told not to come back. The official paperwork will show that she just didn't show up to her shift not that she was fired. And then she will be fired on paper -- no call, no show.

observer7observer7about 9 years ago
Gindjurra observations

Fact one: highly critical and pointlessly negative, know-it-all comments meant to smear the author's knowledge base

Fact two: newly created account, 3-3-15

Fact three: sole "favorited" author is Magicwrtr

Fact four: going in alphabetical order with an author of 91 submissions

Conclusion: Gindjurra is an alt account for someone without gut to risk this with their better-known name, has Little Dick syndrome with a personal ax to grind. To be ignored.

MagicwrtrMagicwrtrabout 9 years agoAuthor
alternate world, in the future... Need I even say more?

Enough said, it works how I say it works. Today's police in our world don't have a paranormal division either, which I mention to illustrate the point. It is a different world, my world, and not only the magic and races, but the politics, are mine to decide.

I do appreciate your outlook on today's dysfunctional police in the reality we find ourselves in, but it is irrelevant as far as the story goes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Excellent as usual

Another good one.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous