Ashley's Tale - Demon's World 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Magicwrtr
Magicwrtr
2,994 Followers

"Simone, what can we expect on the other side of the portal?"

She replied, "It's an approved portal point, so maybe a few guards? Dane isn't expecting us, so we will have to remove them. Vassal or not, we will be considered invaders without a specific invitation. It's located in a forest clearing about ten miles south of Dane's city."

"Approved portal point?"

Simone looked thoughtful a moment, I worried a bit about showing ignorance, but there was nothing to do about it.

"There are two in Dane's demesne, all travel between dimensions is done from that point. Any portals detected elsewhere would be considered an act of war. It also helps keep down false alarms, the chances of an enemy coming in, outside of his vassals, on those two spots are unlikely."

When we finished eating, we went outside. I was surprised at how many Demons were here, I estimated a little over five hundred.

I ruled over five hundred Demons? I almost snorted at that. What wasn't funny is I knew I couldn't really trust any of them... could I? So far I'd got nothing emotion wise but fear and respect, I had a feeling if I showed any weakness that would change quickly.

I nodded to Caro and he started fiddling with the device. I assumed he was setting it to the Demon dimension. When he moved a finger to activate it, I embraced my power. Time slowed to practically a standstill, his thumb moving, but almost imperceptibly. I focused all my power on viewing the natural world around me in as great a detail as my mind could process.

It seemed hours later when his thumb activated the device. I could see particles leaving the emitter, and although I could not measure the frequency, or even knew the name of those particles it was of nature and I could feel it. I watched closely as the particle field formed a small space that would lead to the Demon dimension. An area that was in fact, now part of that dimension.

I could also, now that I knew what to look for, see what Earth's dimension felt like. I thought it may take a few false starts, but I believed I could use magic to do the same. Much like I could manipulate gravity, or space/time with a portal, although the magical energy required would be more intense.

I carefully packaged that memory, every moment of it, and sent it to both mom and Cat along with a message, "See if you can figure out a way to block this with magic while I look for a device. I'll try too, but I don't think I'll have a lot of spare time over there. And feel free to visit, since the three of us are the only ones who can probably do it."

I would still have to play around to learn it, but the important thing was I knew I would get there eventually. I released my power and the world sped up around me, moving once again at normal speed. I ordered the scouts through, though they would have no way to report a problem, the dimensional portal was one way only. When they moved through I ordered Simone to get everyone through before she followed.

I nodded at the Russians. Martin told me good luck, Julie and Troy just nodded back. I took Bonnie's hand, looked to Devon to make sure he was ready then stepped through.

First I took in the situation. The scouts had taken out the local guard. We were in a forest clearing, I saw a high tech console which I assumed would be for communications close by. Next to that was a horse post with several horses tied to it. It was a surreal thing, both more and less technology. I wondered at that a second, was that backwards? Or did Humans use too much tech?

The Demons seem to use what was required and no more.

"Report," I growled.

One of the scouts answered, "Area secured, all guards dead, no alarms."

I nodded, keeping my poker face, hiding the ill feeling I had. It was hard to remember what I was doing would save countless lives, when I was surrounded by death all the time. What do the dictators say? It was for the greater good, can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs. They needed killing... all the same justifications running through my mind now.

It doesn't make me wrong though, just, weary.

I tried to put it out of my mind. I was getting tired of thinking about it all the time, outside of the stolen moments with Bonnie. She was what I was doing it for, and Tom. I took a moment to look around and take in this new world.

The sky was purple, sort of. More like a very dark blue that was approaching violet. I imagined it had something to do with the speed of light difference maybe? Everything seemed shifted. The greens of the forest had a light blue tinge to it. Everything looked exactly the same as what you would expect on earth, except of course the colors.

Magic was... different. It felt the same, there was just more of it. As if this dimension was radiating magic. I instinctively knew I would not have to feed here, although from the spy's mind I knew they did feed. But it was probably a power over others thing, I wouldn't need to. Although, I am half Witch, so perhaps the magic is just more readily available to me?

At first I was going to move on right away thinking I didn't have time to try opening a portal now, but of course, that was silly. When I embraced my magic I would have subjective hours as less than a minute passed in real time. Being cautious I moved to the far end of the clearing before trying, I didn't want to chance interfering with the other portal as people were still passing through.

I faced the direction the portal would be in. I was concerned about possibly opening a portal somewhere else on accident, and I needed to be able to verify it. At least for the first time. I brought up my magic and concentrated on those particles I could feel, but could not name. I focused on, for lack of a better word, the feeling of the Earth dimension and directed the particles to form a portal, or area of my world here.

It took me a while to get the right feel of it, to construct the field correctly.

When I released my magic I felt a great drain, my limbs were weak. I wobbled a bit, but recovered. It had taken a lot out of me. When I looked into the portal I could see the one leading here down the street. I watched in fascination as the Demons walked through from the other side and appeared in the field. I felt a lot better knowing I would be able to visit Tom, at least, I would be capable of it. As far as it being safe to do so, I would have to wait and see.

It took about an hour to get everyone through and ready to march to the city. It would take three or four hours depending how fast we walked. Bonnie, Devon and I asked questions of Simone as we travelled.

Here, rank was power and power was rank. Everyone bowed to the ruler, but the weaker also bowed to the stronger. I also got some disturbing news when I asked her about any scientists or knowledge of portals and how to create or block them.

Simone told us, "The original scientists who created the technology were killed, and the knowledge was suppressed. It may exist somewhere in an archive known only to the oldest, I do not know. Although it must be as replacements must be made."

When I asked why she laughed.

"Why? To keep the weak from gaining the knowledge that would allow them to move on. To prevent escape to a new world where they could rule instead of suffer under a boot heel. To keep the rest of us under their thumbs. It is as simple as that."

Of course. Why didn't I think of that, my inner pessimist was on vacation again. They were probably stagnant too, I wouldn't be surprised if there were no scientists at all anymore. When I asked that she just nodded affirmatively.

This made things harder, unless a magical way could be found, I needed to find that information. I had a bad feeling it would take a lot of conquering to get to that point. I was a Witch, a succubus, a cop and a stripper. I didn't want to be a conqueror as well.

Not really expecting an answer I told Simone about my first fight in America, and how the Demon's magic seemed to defend automatically. For once my pessimism was denied.

Simone said, "Yes, it is impossible for magic to fight on its own, but you were right that the Demon did not direct it. Most rulers have amulets that do the defending for them. That is why a change in power is so rare. A challenger must have greater power and outlast the ruler's magic to win. Even worse, by a wide margin since the amulet conserves power by always putting out the right amount."

I asked if she knew anything about the amulets, I didn't think Demon's could enchant, curse yes, enchant no. Her quick answer made my blood run cold.

"Elven slaves made them long ago."

Witches are powerful, but against Elves? I was instructed if I ever faced an Elf in battle and managed to live long enough to flee I needed to do so immediately. Though, my Demon abilities may give me a slight chance at victory, the magic of a Witch is completely useless against them. Their magic is undetectable to us, which is why I couldn't figure it out during the fight.

I just had to hope I wouldn't run into one, I could handle the amulets, or at least, work around them. But an Elf? I would have to fight with fire and muscle and hope, something best to be avoided if at all possible.

She also explained technology was for defense, war and communications. Other than that it was all manual labor. I thought that would be good for the environment, but my inner pessimist thought it was probably just another way to control the masses.

We reached the city and set up camp outside of it. I didn't think I would need to take five hundred Demons with me, maybe twenty of the stronger ones along with Simone. I told Simone to make arrangements. We ate a quick meal and I turned to the city. A small part of me wished I could just depend on a magic solution and not go through with this part of the plan.

I already had a theory that to block a connection, a device or magic would need to keep the reality of earth, the frequency, the feel of it, off just a bit. To illustrate, if each dimension were a foot apart, we could vary the frequency of ours by just a couple of millimeters. Not even enough to cause a change in the laws, but enough of a difference to stop a portal from syncing itself to our reality.

But, the spell to open a portal almost put me on my knees, how could we possibly generate a field the size of the earth to accomplish that? And if we found a technical way, we would need power generation capabilities that are surely beyond us right now on the Human world.

Maybe there was another way to do it, a way cheaper in magic or power, but I had no idea what that could be. Either way, I couldn't stop now.

It wasn't fear of death that gave me pause, it was fear of killing. What if? What if none of it turned out to be necessary? How would I live with that? I sighed softly, knowing deep down in my heart, I would burn this whole world to keep those I loved safe. There was no price to high to pay for that. I was afraid of that most of all.

Resolutely, we walked toward the city. I was in the middle, flanked by Bonnie and Devon, surrounded by twenty warriors with Simone directly behind me. Ready or not, I was about to become a ruler of a demesne on the Demon world. Actually, demesnes, since Dane had a number of vassals. Either that, or end up dead.

Magicwrtr
Magicwrtr
2,994 Followers