All Comments on 'Aurora'

by MSTarot

Sort by:
  • 33 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great Story

I loved it, sexy, erotic, sweet. I liked the characters and their interaction with each other.

The story does need some editing, but otherwise greatly enjoyable.

Is there more?

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
:-)

I love it! More is better !!!!!

kiwiplumkiwiplumover 11 years ago
fun read

sexy times, and I don't want to be picky, but they anchored in the middle of the ocean?..

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
"Needs some editing?"

First, I liked the story - I really did! But your spelling is atrocious, and that took away a lot of the enjoyment (and a couple of stars). When I'm reading something like this I want to be able to do so without my thoughts being constantly interrupted by "Huh?" as another typo rears its ugly head.

Please get some help before your next submission.

MSTarotMSTarotover 11 years agoAuthor
not being picky good question

Yes . You can drop anchor in water too deep for it to touch bottom.

Think of the water as air and the ship as streamlined for moving through it. Anything that breaks that streamlining causes drag. Well water being so much thicker, that drag is hundreds of times more effective. On a ship standing in flat calm seas with no sails raised your anchor will hold you more or less in place. Only the current would move you. Since your swimming beside the ship you would move with it.

Now given that I live eight hours drive from anything bigger than a lake I could be wrong, but I don't think I researched it badly. I have a lot of love for the sea and the ships that sail on it.

Thanks

M.S.Tarot

OleguyOleguyover 11 years ago
You are so wonderful

I have only just discovered you and have not found a submission I did not like.

The complaints about editing have some value but I prefer to think that the minor transgressions are just your way of talking, sort of like an accent.

MSTarotMSTarotover 11 years agoAuthor
Some

Some are my southern US accent, some are Dyslexia, and some are a piss poor public education system. As I have said on a few of my posts if you think it's bad now you should have seen what it looked like to begin with.

Go to the editors forum and look up "Asking for help in a strange way." I did the page without my normal going back and correcting. What I type straight out my head is horrible. I can read my own errors though so generally I'm able to fix it to where it can be read.

I'm mostly trying to caulk up the cracks that things slip through.

I'm trying to get better and I am getting better.

M.S.Tarot

JohnnyMaxJohnnyMaxover 11 years ago
Good yarn

Enjoyed this tale. Had to look up a map to work out how you were crossing the Pacific. If you're dyslexic then you've done really well editing this story. There are grammar and spelling errors that bit in odd places and, if you'd like, I'm down as a Volunteer Editor and would be happy to add the polish to raise your ranking.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Holy crap!

Honestly you are the best writer on this site! You put more detail more fun and excitement into your stories than anyone else! i really hope you continue this story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I'm jealous

I'm jealous of the women in your romantic stories. I really am. This and you recent Valentine's story are both incredible. I just wish I could meet some of the main male characters in reality and get swept off my feet. Best of luck with whatever you're working on currently. I'm sure its just as good if not better than what I've already read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A jewel.

Dear MST,

This a wonderful Jewel of a story. Made my heart go pitter-pat! Looking at just this story you are a wonderfully sensitive person, full of romance andpassion and yadda yadda! :-) Thank goodness I have read more of your stories and can see you enjoy much more than just love dovey stuff! Lots of good layers to your work and it seems that no subject is off limits for you. This story is one of your better ones, like "It's Complicated." You have several good layers here. Humor, abuse, rescue, love...and domesticity. Many romances don't seem to include the domestic aspect. What I mean is the day to day minutiae...minutia? <spell checker please!> I don't know how to spell that dang word! Those are all important details that sell the story and you do it admirably well. I look forward to more of your work. Thank you for writing.

Sincerely, Payenbrant.

P.S. 5

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 9 years ago
What the Hell...?

How on earth could a story as good as this have only been commented on by 11 people...?

I can only consider this a "sleeper" - like the kind of movie that, while spectacular, somehow falls through the cracks and doesn't get the acclaim it deserves. 

Erotica doesn't have to be all about sex and though there is some in this story it's not the main focus (though even that was good)... but this story still reads well, flows well, and draws the reader in. I hope I don't lose this story as it will be one of my "willing to re-reads" and definitely enjoy. 

Thanks for the amazing effort...

patientleepatientleeover 9 years ago
Heart strings and g-strings...

This was beautiful. Sweet and sensual. Good stuff, my friend.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Sweet, but spelling?

This is a beautiful sweet story. But the frequent misspelling is distracting. "Lose" is the opposite of win. "Loose" is the opposite of tight. "Your" is the possessive pronoun like "your car". "You're" is the contraction of "you are", as in "you're going out". The apostrophe replaces the missing letters.

As beautifully as you write you should have no trouble finding an editor. Most of your grammar is excellent. Just a few glaring and surprisingly consistent errors that should be easy to catch. And the content is so worth it.

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
Hooray for illiterate programmers!

"I sit in a small park watching sea gulls squabble with pidgins over bread crumbs other people at tossing to them. For a bit I think of how much Kim would have laughed to see pidgins on a pacific island."

Come on folks! That is hilarious! Spellcheck and all other functions that auto-replace words are homophone-phobic.

If you'd ever been out there, you'd know a lot of educated natives speak Da Pidgin to meet the smug expectations of ignorant First Worlder tourists.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
It's English, but not as I know it

Great story line of romantic escapism. As with other comments, a good editor is required to put a nice wax polish on mended dints of spelling and grammar.

arrowglassarrowglassabout 9 years ago
A really good yarn!

Enjoyed this from the beginning on.....! Another please!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Appaling

I love some of your other writing but this is close to trash. Within the first three words we have the first mistake and it keeps coming, not helped by total lack of editing.

Boats do not have ropes; they have lines, halyards, jib sheets, main sheet etc.

Windlasses disappeared with the sailing ship; it is a winch.

Sitting on the transom? This is the vertical part of the stern: your ass will be in the water faster than you can say 'boat'; which is what you are talking about, not ship. A ship can carry a boat, a boat cannot carry a ship. Sailing ships, windjammets or clippers disappeared in the 1930s. You are probably sitting on the aft seat or stern deck.

Today no one can get a position fix by simply looking at the stars; we have been spoiled by electronics.

Spartan ancestors? Very funny.

Michel is a boy's name.

Oh, a sea anchor or drogue is lashed to the stern. Having done it at the bow , JeePee is now shark chum.

Sorry, I running out of time.

Get an editor!

SampkyangSampkyangover 7 years ago
5*'s easy

It ended too soon, but the last line said so much. I like your writing and your stories...

Crusader235Crusader235about 7 years ago
5 Easy

5 Stars plus if I could. Love your sailing story, only wishing you would add another chapter or two. Thanks for it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Wow! I loved it! The ending came sooner than I expected, but it was still great. A few more travel and lovin' chapters would be awesome :)

I absolutely loved the sailing setting!! I've always had a fantasy of sailing all over the world in a nice 40ish foot long keel sloop, a hydrovane dropped in the water and that short, skinny, cute, young girl thats madly in love with you and insists you take good care of her at least a couple times a day ;)

...now if I just knew how to sail, my bones ached less and the wife would aprove a girl half her age riding me, er sailing with me around the seas! Hehe!

Looking forward to seeing what else youve written! Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Nice

However, you desperately need a good editor. Fixing a lot of little errors (and a few big ones) would make the reading experience even better.

Red Snapper are North Atlantic fish -- not South Pacific

The seawater temperature in the South Pacific is about 85-95 -- way to hot for beer!

KelteriserKelteriseralmost 6 years ago
excellent

I totally enjoyed this story - well done

However I strongly suspect that english may not be your first language! You need a native english speaker as an editor and you need to watch your spell-checker

e.g. Fair is a word and Fare is a word but they are not interchangeable

Good story, well written and totally enjoyable

davyupdavyupover 5 years ago
Great story

Great story. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
What

Was on the radar ?

PurplefizzPurplefizzabout 2 years ago

I’d gift this story a 5, but it just stops for no reason, leaving several unanswered questions and the author hasn’t seen fit to write a concluding chapter, that’s not fair on readers. 4/5 due to nonsensical ending.

Cor007Cor007almost 2 years ago

If he is concerned about Diesel consumption, why does he go full throttle? At lower speed he does not use as much fuel over the same distance!

oldgraycatoldgraycatover 1 year ago

Wonderful story, hated to see it end.

BiologoBiologo10 months ago

“ She was checking out my ass. I think to myself. Well fares, fare.”

“Fair’s fair” is short for “fair is fair.” What’s sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. (Gander being a male goose in that expression, not a glance or eying opportunity.)

joeoggijoeoggi7 months ago

This needs to be finished.

Dezzysun2Dezzysun27 months ago

Great story, shocking spelling.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman2 months ago

good story, happy ending. TO "Biologo" I believe "fare" is the Engish/Great Britian word USA's "fair". Perhaps you should enjoy a free story instead of complaining. OR, write your own, after all that would be "Fare".

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous