All Comments on 'Back From The Brink Ch. 02'

by FinalStand

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
PAYBACK NEVER BEGINS WITH THE GUILTY

the innocent also have to be involved, TK U MLJ LV NV

Sidney43Sidney43over 11 years ago

Nice writing, the interplay between characters and some interesting dialog made this a very good read. Is there going to be more......hopefully?

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
does she get what she wants?

It's a good start, I am curious where this will lead to, will the mother daughter relationship ever be like it was or not, how about the ex, will he be able to find his own happiness? Looking forward to the next chapter, see how you think it should go.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
No matter what

she is still a whore, a miserable whore and I'm sorry that you had the story run the way you did with the daughter. So... all's forgiven just because they threw some money at the girl? shame, shame, shame.

FinalStandFinalStandover 11 years agoAuthor
I would have hoped ...

... that it didn't look like Sylvia and Marcy had gotten along with one another. She hasn't and she's never going to have a normal relationship. I would like to think there is always room for a little bit of forgiveness and understanding. As for Sylvia being a whore: I wouldn't define it that way anymore. Is she highly sexual? Yes. Is she using sex to buy what she wants? No.

Her relationship with her boss is a sore point and it should be. Such things are not easy.

surenderme08surenderme08over 11 years ago
Once Again Final!!

You picked the story up and ran with it. Marcy is a nice addition to the melodrama. I can't wait for you to take us down the brick road. Cheers!

chytownchytownover 11 years ago
Great Read****

You are on fire. Damn this is some good reading. Thanks for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
mom pimpin daughter

For a mom trying to reconnect with daughter she sure has a strange way of doing it. She buys time with her daughter getting her into the business that caused the break up of her family. Not a smart idea. and not telling her about mom and sebastion bangin like newlyweds when she got the job. So he gets to trade in for a newer model and mom is looking for new dick before she does something stupid again. and what is with the ex husband, why does she even care what happens to him he doesn't want anything to do with her and wants their daughter to be safe. Marcy hangin out with mom is not a recipe for healthy growth. Would like to see where you end this because who is supposed to benefit the mom the daughter sebastion the exhusband who?

JPBVJPBVover 11 years ago
"Tastes like more!"

Good story -- better proofed than most. Imaginative, with decent character development. "Tastes like more!"

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 11 years ago
very interesting storyline.

The more I read of this well written story the better it gets.

A fantastic combination of sex and big business power makes the reading very intense.

Keeps me glued to the story, and the only thing that stops me is when I finish the chapter.

Thanks for the fantastic read.

hikewithapackhikewithapackover 11 years ago
great writing

My only quibble is: what about reconciliation with her ex-husband? That poor schmuck gets nothing.

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilover 11 years ago
Another great read

Hard to improve on the other comments. Sylvia is a great character.

I do hope there is another chapter eventually. As another comment mentioned, the husband is in need of some healing also and I am a sucker for happy ending. They don't have to become friends but it would be nice if she could help him get past it.

So now I am tracking three of your stories, hoping for updates!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
great! please more

great so far. I like to see people forgive and reconnect. Hopefully some closure with her X.

Thanks for the 2 stories I am tracking. Both of which i can't wait for the next installment. Glad you are feeling better. Don't let the "downers" get to you. You write compelling stories.

hebert100hebert100over 10 years ago
please continue

would you please continue. would like to see the story go a little longer

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
great story. good depth. great chsracters. believanle plot. very nicely done. waiting for more.

All the elements of a great story is here. Adding the daughter opens another chapter which should be continued. Very enjoyable read. Thanks !

theanalisttheanalistover 10 years ago

what happened to Linda's crush?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Finish?

finish the story! Set up was great. It deserves completion.

Jack

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 10 years ago
Very good albeit unfinished story

Great character development. Author warned us in his bio about how he writes, so not surprised story is unfinished. I wonder if FTDS could take a crack at this one? Character development so strong that it would be difficult to do, but worth it.

sviveritosviveritoalmost 10 years ago
A change of pace but a nice one

Another chapter or two would be nice

txcrackertxcrackerover 9 years ago
This was really off the wall !

This is not something I know anything about . But the story presentation was EXCELLENT !

Loved both chapters and gave both 5***** stars .

Thanks again

TX CRACKER

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I think it's a fine ending...

...you either have a story with a strong narrative curve, that comes to a finish somewhere, or you have the sort of picaresque "road" story that just goes on and on until the reader loses interest. To me this one ends just right.

FinalStandFinalStandabout 9 years agoAuthor
Thank you

That pretty much says it all.

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
THE BEAN COUNTERS SERENADE

hoping to turn into an Opus. TK U MLJ LV NV

brujaybrujayalmost 9 years ago
Great couple of chapters

I hope you consider adding more. There are too many loose ends to stop now.

Thank you for sharing your stories with us.

Brujay

auhunter04auhunter04almost 9 years ago
story telling

I disagree with a whole bunch of you. This is a perfect ending.

story development

- intro

- body of story building to a climax

- a very quick move to a short and sweet closure

--------

writing any more would reduce the impact and enjoyment of the story

This story was about one person's travel back from a horrible mistake and situation. It was not about the business except as a medium for the story to travel in.

What else could be written that would not appear as a tacked on end. There is nothing that can be added to this story that would do anything but drag it out to a slow and painful death while creating a horrible ending.

Just sayin

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Just a thought

So the daughter is bought off with a new job and a good looking man. Even when her dad who has supported and take care of her for the past years asks her to come home she blows him off. How would that make you feel as a father? For your daughter to blow you off for an ex that whored around on you? Your story even says he has never gotten over it.

The problem with redemption is that it takes such a deft hand to write. This one has too many holes. I would be interested to see how a confrontation with the father would go and how much he cried when his daughter said that she was staying with her mother because of a good job. I would never sell out someone who had stood by me like that.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 8 years ago
I enjoyed reading the story and that is my criteria.

All the critics who have never written a thing are criticizing the mother who has been imperfect (bad, really) but that was ten years ago. Times change, people change. I have done some things in my life that make me cringe now, years later. All these critics who have led exemplary lives (HAH!) are full of it and are (most of them) hypocrites. Thank you, Final Stand, for writing this story. Forget the wonderful understanding people who think they know everything.

auhunter04auhunter04about 8 years ago
Opinions

are like assholes, everyone has one.

--If you didn't like this story that is your problem

--If you are so goody-goody that you have never been in the shit, you have never done anything.

--If you have done something and had it blow up in your face, then you understand

unfortunately for me it was within my own family.

--I knew from the start pretty much where this was going, it took a different track from me but it is this is the author's works.

--I liked it very much and plan on seeking out more of their work.

--I wish I had skills like this, maybe someday I will gather up my courage and try

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
intresting read

i liked this story bit differant from your over series, are there going to be any other chapters?

hellinahelmethellinahelmetabout 7 years ago
Nice piece of work

Still reading your stories and still enjoying them, this one was short and sweet, but well thought out...thanks again.

hectarehectarealmost 5 years ago
More please

Strong character development; feels like we're just getting started. Would like to see how the business and personal relationships evolve, and I think just as Marcy has been given an opportunity to recover so Stacy's husband needs that opportunity as well.

Looking forward to a few more chapters.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Strong story

Very good story of going the wrong way and paying for it. The road to redemption was an interesting story arc, hope you can write more on it, very interesting development.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Inspirational

Excellent and beautifully crafted story. Inspirational. There is always the option to put the past behind us and move on to do better. Sometimes we just need a reminder.

I guess as a 2012 story I'm going to have to imagine how it might continue, but that's how our real lives are.

H

xhristianjxhristianjalmost 2 years ago

And the moral of the story is a Whore can be utilized just as well as her daughter? Personally part of engendering interest in a character driven story is whether you give a shit about the Character!

The fact Sebastian actually fucked this used up Whore straight away without even having her vagina and ass steam cleaned first is just gross.

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

Sadly, yet another unfinished storyline abandoned by its author.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFinalStand@FinalStand
5294 Followers
First off, I thrive on feedback; so please fire away when you get the urge. I read it all and it often brings different perspectives. The main thing making me a little unusual is that I'm bi-polar … with some serious medication on board to stay semi-normal. My other character...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES