All Comments on 'Backfire'

by Blue88

Sort by:
  • 41 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
An Interesting Contrivance - KUDO's Author

You --- have a nasty mind and I love it. Nicely layered scenes and consequence - then rolled out cleverly.

Good show Author - Your efforts, time and imagination are appreciated with hopes for more at interval.

With Very High Regard

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Pretty inventive!

It does feel more like Loving Wives than Erotic couplings since the story really has mostly to do with the relationship between a man and a wife.

Kind of a fun read but it does seem a stretch that they would go to all that trouble and screwing up the tattoo.

I like the feel of the story - well done! I like to see authors try something new.

Regards, DJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
which is the main course?

angie and Carl or Lily and Scott?

seems like angie and carl were the main characters and lily and scott are just background music

as a reader, i care more about what happened or not happened to angie and carl ---- i don't really care that much about scott or lily. despite the fact that the author spent most of the 3 pages on scott and lily, we don't know much about them or care much about them. scott is a good man; and lily is tempermental, that's it.

angie and carl, that these two characters have volumes on them, though the author didn't spend too much on them. i want to SEE, to know, what happned to angie and carl!

poor job on the author's part on that score.

Risq_001Risq_001over 17 years ago
Well Blue gotta say you wrote a good one

Nice story.

I kinda wonder if Lily doesn't really need professional help from everything you wrote about her. What I thought also was a good twist, was that the wife didn't feel the need to "sleep" with someone else to "get even" (as we often read here) with the innocent husband and where the same husband is now placed in the situation of being forced to live with that choice she has made so they can have a happy ending, thus screwing him over twice (once by Angie and Carl making his wife think he's cheating on her and the the second time by his wife trying to get even with him for something he didn't do). This was certainly a new twist for everyone.

And you gave out a few concequences, without going way over board, and left it up to the reader to finish out what happened with the respective spouses.

I also thought you did a fantastic job of showing two selfish people blaming the world for any and everything that they did that had negative reactions for them. (Angie's husbaned beliving she was cheating and Carl not getting a contract at work). That took some talent to make me see their personalities as selfish as they were.

Grats

-Risq

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Did Lily ever go to

counselling any way? Seems to me she still has a problem that she needs to solve if her and Scott where to have a family as well.

ohioohioover 17 years ago
well-done

An interesting and different story. I thought the wrap-up of the revenge was awfully quick--as angry readers we want to relish more fully the revenge on Carl and Angie--but it was still fun to read.

ohio

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
great story and keep writing your stories

i would like for the cheaters to know who set them up.other than that it was a great story.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 17 years ago
Lots of Twists and Turns...

Good story, Blue. I didn't think Lily would ever calm down. Clever revenge.

RicticRicticover 17 years ago
Great Story

Great story, Blue. I always look forward to your stories. Thanks for writing them. Ricky

r10foolr10foolover 17 years ago
Great story

Nice to have you back in business.

DG HearDG Hearover 17 years ago
another good one!

Good to see a story by you blue. Always expect a good one and you never dissapoint.

DG Hear

peggytwittypeggytwittyover 17 years ago
Very well done

Just a great story and wonderful entertainment.

PT

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 17 years ago
Very good!

The old Chinese proverb "When you go to dig a grave for your enemy, dig two" really applies here.

Tis good to see that Scotty and Lillys marriage was affirmed anew. This problem solving will make their marriage, and trust, even stronger.

It's a little saddening to think what will happen to Crowe and Rizzo. It is too bad they let envy, greed and hate ruin their lives.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 17 years ago
decent-- could of been Much better

eh... so so... decent story.

How Scott DEDUCES "someone" has to be be doing something is really BADLY done. His unstable wife has lost it.... after showing signs of mentally erratic behavior for years.

WHY would he think well someone HAS to be "pulling something?

Lets talk about the wife for a second... let me see If I have right.

She is mentally ill and shrill... and every so often spews forth venom. So Scott stops by to get his golf clubs and maybe talk to her... she comes running up to Scott and he decides to fuck her?

The 1st thhing that came into My mind was... Oh oh she is going to attack him....

xbowxbowover 17 years ago
Good story but ending could have been stronger

I agree with Harry in VA that Scott deducing that someone is trying to break up his marriage is weak. All it would have taken would have been for him to hear about the picture from his in-laws to make it completely believable. What’s more, since Lily's Father and Sister were both doubtful that Scott had cheated, I have trouble believing that they wouldn't have asked Lily why she was so convinced that he had.

The second critique I have is that the revenge seemed unlikely and unnecessarily complex. Exposing the hotel as a bordello would be all too likely to have one or more very bad outcomes. It could have lead to some legal or financial repercussions on Jon Russel the friend/investor. The bad press could have destroyed its business potential as a legitimate hotel. Etc.

What’s more, while it was undoubtedly embarrassing for Angie to have been arrested for prostitution, with no evidence other than her being in the hotel when it was busted it seems very doubtful that she would have been convicted or even charged. Her husband would divorce her but that could have been accomplished with just the original pictures showing the scar on her leg.

Blue88 - I hope my comments are helpful and thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Blue...Blue...Blue...

You could have had a story. I personally think you are nearing the bottom of the creative well. Now you know and I know that the first thing Scott would have said rather than get mad and stalk out is to ask his wife to show the proof to him. Then the deception could have been uncovered sooner. But to make a story you had to have it this way..i call it forcing a plot which sinks to a first grade level. not at all your cup of tea. many stories of yours I have liked but this one galls me. Shame Shame on you marriedwithballs@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Fine writing-Clever story

You always write well and this is one of your best. Original plot, nice character development and clever conclusion. Another great Blue88 story. Congratulations

60 year old George

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Ending

that shit at the end was really fucking funny

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
I dont get it

what does the fact that others went out of their way to sabotage their marriage have to do with the wife's extreme violent mentally unbalanced reactions?

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
BACKFIRE MEANS

something is clogged in your ignition. Trace the lines and you will find it. TK U MLJ LV NV

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
They (She) Need Therapy Before Any Reconciliation

This is a powder keg that will blow eventually; what if they had children? Would she beat them?

Such a situation is very common, and while men are usually forced to get help or pushed away, women almost always are allowed to continue their destructive behavior. He needs to fix this situation or bail.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
Enjoyed it . . . But

Very anti-climatic. He knew he was innocent all along and yet still decided he would divorce her because of her anger. What changed?

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 11 years ago
Fast to burn

Slow to learn -

But it looks like she may have gotten there -

The wrong butt cheek is a classic though lol - it was however unfortunate that it took a challenge to the evidence to get her to understand her husband would not do that to her and force her to realize how wrong she had been.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
#2 BUT WHEN THE BACKFIRE WORKS

you run for the gold trophy. TK U MLJ LV NV

IGotYurWifeIGotYurWifealmost 10 years ago
Cute, clever but .....

We both know it should have been scrambled eggs and SCRAPPLE he had for post-coital breakfast and not 'scrabble'. And referencing "Frank Rizzo" got a laugh out of me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Idiots Abound

Shit, another idiot that let his wife screw him over with her temper tantrums. It's called "DIVORCE". He should of followed through with his threat.

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17over 7 years ago
Yelling And Screaming At Spouse Is All Wrong

It is perfectly understandable for husbands and wives to have disagreements; but yelling and screaming at one another should be considered as crimes against the marriage. The moment you yell and scream at your spouse, you have replaced love with hate. And that's like wrecking your automobile. It will never be the same again until you have repaired the damage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Lily Needs More Than an Anger Management Program

She needs a full psychiatric work-up. Intermitent Explosive Disorder, or Borderline Personality Disorder, as described in DSM-5, may be what she has. She may have other comorbid obsessive-compulsive or other anxiety disorders. Irrespective of what the ultimate disgnosis is, she needs major league, long term psychiatric care.

Husband should get rid of any metal edged cutlery in the house, just in case.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
THERE IS ALWAYS FALLOUT WHEN COLLATERAL DAMAGE IS INVOLVED

and sometimes even the guilty get caught, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Goddamn boy!

Get it right. I've never gone into a diner for breakfast and asked for 'eggs and scrabble". Much prefer Scrapple over a board game.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
NFW!

Me, I'd of divorced the stupid bitch anyway. She'll blow up over something just as stupid in the future and start making false accusation again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
But Wait!

It's nice that Scott and Lily caught on to the deceit but they still have a problem. How long before Lily goes off on Scott or someone else. She really needs some mental therapy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
What Lily Has

Is called manic depression / bipolar disorder. Shit, Blue88 is writing my life story again. Never knew if I was coming home to a loving wife or the Wicked Witch of the West. Anything could set her off and she was the one who was cheating. Medication can help control it, problem is they don't keep taking it,"because they don't need it anymore." Signed: BTW

jimjam69jimjam69over 4 years ago
Good story

Love to see the good people win one. Too much bad shit sometimes.

BigDee44BigDee44almost 3 years ago

Uh. Why not sue their Assad?

etchiboyetchiboyover 2 years ago
A Jon and a John in the same story???

Please...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very convoluted, a lot if supposition and a short, incomplete ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Echh. So what else is new?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Though the mental part and results can be a true to life issue,this is one of your weaker submissions,a good story line but somehow feels wanting,

incomplete. You also left the initial problem remaining.Having said that,it is still a better tale than most on this site, chalk that up to you sticking to realistic fiction.You simply write well....JZK

KiwihunterKiwihunterover 1 year ago

What country apart rom the backwards uncivilised ones has laws banning prostitution. This is the 21st century. Even back in the 16000s prostitution was legal. Some places are so backwards it's criminal

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous