All Comments on 'Bad Things'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 179 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Poor ending.....she lied and cheated on her husband. Shit ending

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
In this case

Bad things come in ones. Like this story.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
A Kinder, Gentler & Less Willing to " Go To the Dark Recesses of the Soul " JPB circa 2017 ( so far )

JPB is playing with us collective readers the way a bored cat plays with a mouse. This story could have ended any number of ways so easily. If you think he doesn't know what plays well to the crowd, fie on you. The script flipped and the narrator who had almost escaped the stewpot, slipped back in the scalding soup which started at ever-increasing simmer in the introduction.

So no populist payoff for you, lowly readers !

JPB apparently isn't feeling indulgent. Ouch.

chytownchytownover 7 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for sharing.

jackagjackagover 7 years ago
no way in hell

There is no way in hell that this turd would fly with me.

out of town and old boyfriend picking up my wife without his wife.If they were meeting friends where was her car? she can't drive to meet all the gang.

Bullshit.

wonder how much they had to pay carol the hooker to deliver this crap.

and as for her dictating how we go forward, lets just say she would be delivering blowjobs on demand if she was kept.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Why the fuck do you insist on writing a long ass into then a piss poor ending EVERY time. There ain't no way she wasn't cheating, why lie?

badinbedbadinbedover 7 years ago
April 1st is still a ways away...

But maybe JPB is just plain bored and can't wait till then? Me thinks we've all been had!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

PBR? You must really hate your character to make him drink that. Why not just have him in a colostomy bag and save the the effort?

AlanDavidAlanDavidover 7 years ago
Getting us ready for the real excitement to come.

Sorry Bob, we've been waiting over a year for you to pick up your pen again, and your # 2 story is a "flat tire". By design ? Well, I hope your re-building us up to bigger, better & longer things. Welcome Back Rob I for one missed you, your style & your pen. Keep em coming.

sugnasugnaover 7 years ago
Not Good Enough

She didn't explain going out without telling him in advance. She didn't explain the lie, there was no need to lie if she was in a group. The "wife" could have been a set up. Too many inconsistencies not to be suspicious. Too many lies from someone who is supposed to be your wife. Why didn't she bring the whole gang back that night and introduce them then? She rode with them, so they would have had to drop her off. No good. "You are in deep shit now Ryan. You are going to pay for all the bad thoughts you have had about me these last three days and the things you've said tonight." Fuck her, if he is a man - she would pay for her lies at the very least.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 7 years ago
Enjoyed it

But I agree with Sugna. I still wouldn't believe her. Of course, I wouldn't have been sitting in the living room when they came in the door. Since he parked around the corner they had no way of knowing he was home. He should have waited to reveal himself. And why was the guy picking her up to drive to the TR? And why was the wife not with him when they walked in the house? Seems odd. Of course, She could very well be innocent. But I would insist on a lie detector test. She lied, so she deserves to be mistrusted. JPB has made it just ambiguous enough to go either way. I can tell you that if my spouse went to pick up her old boyfriend to meet me at a restaurant, I wouldn't be very happy.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 7 years ago
It was good but inconsistent.

If she wasn't cheating, why lie about where she was? Don't get me wrong, it has some great moments but it doesn't meet the smell test. If it was innocent, why lie? Why not take a taxi? Why wouldn't his boss tell him that his wife was looking for him.

I hope she wasn't cheating but it sure looks like she was.

Impo_64Impo_64over 7 years ago
I have to agree with some of the comments...

I have to agree with some of the comments...It's a funny reading, but we get a bitter taste with end. Too fast and too easy...He should have waited to reveal himself (like @Drbeamer3333 says) and hear what they would talk while wating for him...However a good reading, well written and funny, so 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
a real life story

my wife met up with her old boyfriend and did not tell me until the next day... i assume some one saw them out having a coke... hummmm is why she wanted to come forward with HER story... I never believed her story for a moment...4 stars

virtualatheistvirtualatheistover 7 years ago
In the doghouse? Really?

Even if her story was true, the story should have ended this way:

Don't even think about putting me in the doghouse! I watched you kiss an ex boyfriend and go off in his car with him. Then you outright lied to me when I called.

The time for you to explain was then. The first words out of your mouth should have been 'I'm sorry. It's really not what you think. Get your arse over to [venue] right now. I mean right fucking now and see for yourself'.

You are still on thin ice my darling wife, as I now know how easily you can lie to me, so I have to wonder what else you've lied to me about. The ball is in your court now. What happens next is entirely up to you.

In the doghouse? I don't think so!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
I Disagree

He shouldn't be in any trouble at all.

If it was JUST his misjudging the "evidence," MAYBE.

But her blatant lie about where she was made his suspicions 100% justified.

CrkcpprCrkcpprover 7 years ago
JPB Lite

Me thinks Ye Old JPB has mellowed with the years . Not like the Bob of old who , like it or not , certainly didn't waffle on his story lines. He may piss you off with content or more commonly , the Open Ending , but he didn't dilly dally around with his characters . In fact he didn't care if it HairLipped the Pope .

2017 JPB has certainly mellowed.

But I'm glad he's posting again .

4 *'s

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
@jackag

I like your points about why she didn't drive herself to the dinner, and why he picked her up without his wife in the car.

Her story about the "brain fart" doesn't hold water. The first words out of her mouth were "I'm home," NOT "I'm at the restaurant with some friends." I could understand her not mentioning Mark at that point. She then compounds the lie by lying about where she bis in the house.

Why didn't the others come back to the house with her? Why was Mark's wife driving her own car?

All in all, SHE'S in the doghouse for lying to him!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
"Temporary Insanity"

So, SHE can claim "temporary insanity," and all is forgiven, but HE'S in the doghouse for making perfectly rational assumptions?

If it was all so innocent, why didn't she drive herself there, or why didn't Mark pick her up with his wife? You can bet there wouldn't have been even an "innocent" kiss then!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Red Herring

I forgot - I can enjoy a good twist as much as the next guy, but deliberate red herrings turn me off.

JPB painted a perfect picture of a cheating wife, then pulled the rug out from under both us and the husband.

He could have at least had her apologizing for the lie and causing him such tsuris.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
un huh

Just more of your bullshit, please stop writing this shit

gara5289gara5289over 7 years ago

Fun story but three thoughts come to mind. First how would holding Mark's hand calm the wife down? Wouldn't it do the opposite? Second this was clearly not spur of the moment, why was the husband not informed when plans were made, before he went away. I'd bet no cheating happened but she didn't want him there for some reason. Finally, if she can plead temporary insanity and get a pass, why can't he when he has a better reason?

Again fun story and a great twist, even with the above, since it was such a change from how you normally write.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
She still belongs in the doghouse-not him!

She lied to him TWICE! A lie of omission (not entirely innocent) by not telling him that her old BF was back in town, and the lie of not being home. She still hasn't fully convinced me that she was 100% innocent. They could've hired Carol to pretend to be his wife, couldn't they? If it was all innocent like she said, she should've TRUSTED that by telling him in advance, he would TRUST her to keep it innocent. She didn't RESPECT him enough to even try, did she? No trust or respect. Hmmmm... sounds like a lot of marriages we read about here, doesn't it??? So, no! I have trouble believing her story now on its face value after catching her in TWO boldface lies. And she wants to put HIM in the doghouse??? I don't think so!

miss_hornymiss_hornyover 7 years ago
the ending

the ending of this is just plain bob stupid

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 7 years ago
OK, the plot does have some flaws

as other commentators have pointed out, but overall the story is still a fun read....

miss_hornymiss_hornyover 7 years ago
wimps

why is it that this writer turns all the WRONGED men into wimps

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Fun start

I'd like a part 2 to see how they work through it, after al she did lie. Hopefully she is telling the truth, I recall another story where the wife set up a similar scenario of ex-boyfriend/current lover and his wife/girlfriend to cover her affair.

mike9698mike9698over 7 years ago
Dumb

So much stupidity. Let's start with the job.so is he planning on having this job for the rest of his life. Be passed over for promotion will look real good to his next emplorers. So letting a promotion go to the slut isn't just about money. He says how much he hates cheating so why is he giving his boss and his slut a pass. Because his boss says his wife won't have sex anymore, and he just believes him. Why? Because cheaters never lie do they. He just takes their word about their spouses without a moment of hesitateion. Typical wimp idiot. Then his wife.others have already pointed out how stupid his is. Let me just say this. How would his wife react to him meeting his ex for dinner wow she was out of town. So those friends she and her ex are meeting. They are her ex's friends not his. So how is he gonna confirm they were actually there. He wouldn't anyway because all of JPB males are fucking stupid. And he believes his wife after meeting her ex's hot new wife! That's not proof. Maybe his new wife is stupid to. After all she doesn't get pissed when her husband walks up holding hands with his exgirlfriend with lipstick on his cheek. 2 * is being generous.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
@gara5289

Great points! The hand-holding was to calm Brooke down, not Mark's wife.

We were obviously channeling each other on the "temporary insanity" ploy.

Not only should he have been told, but why couldn't it wait three days until he got back?

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 7 years ago
Crap!

The wife in this story is slicker than whale shit. I definitely smell a rat and her husband should too. His wife blatantly lied to him and was brilliant in covering it up. I wouldn't trust the bitch out of my sight. 1 star

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Don't Take It Seriously

People shouldn't take JPB stories to heart, it is fiction after all. His stories are always out there. They are also tongue in cheek. They could go in the humor/satire category. Knowing how JPB writes one should skip the stories if they are offensive . I'm one of his fans.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Love your stories, Bob

I think the other commenters don't understand that you have to carefully arrange a story, manipulating characters and facts, to get a plot twist to work. Glad to see you are back, and thanks for posting. 5 stars.

kimi1990kimi1990over 7 years ago
The law of averages catches up

I've probably read 100 of JPB's stories, just cherrypicking the ones that sounded interesting About three of them were very good. About eighty were the same story: slut wife who really loves husband but needs giant dongs and more sex than any one man can give her, and the rest were vile, racist, or just horrible monstrosities of rape, murder or incest. JPB has never been that popular, as witnessed by his very low scores; he doesn't give a damn.

He writes his story and moves on to the next. He has spent prodigious amounts of time cranking out story after story. Attempts at making him anything other than a crude pulp writer are just funny. He, obviously, doesn't aspire to anything different. He is the definition of hack writer. About one out of a hundred of his stories is worth reading. This one isn't

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
another good story

but they're always left open. is she being truthfull? she did lie for no good reason, is she cheating? i reckon so how come he wasn't invited to their little soiree?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Another Great on Bob

This is one of the better LW stories to come around in awhile. Thanks Bob.

anon.1

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
You screwed up bad.

He had the video and audio of Barry and marg. All he hab to do was go to Barry's boss and the two would be gone. He would have the job he earned or even Barry's job.

bruce22bruce22over 7 years ago
Fine Entertainment

I really don't see why he should accept punishment. If she had told him about where she was going ahead of time. OK. But in these conditions he has every right to get upset. Good Story Telling..

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Another great one, Bob!

I'm sitting here laughing at myself for thinking I knew where it was all going.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Really excellent, certainly had me fooled. 5*

A nice ending with a true loving wife for once, well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wow ,Bob your back and on a roll.good story!

You had me at the end. His brain told him she was cheating and he wound up with egg on his face. Nice twist. As far as his boss ,he let him off easy. Should have gotten a hudge bonus to go with giving up his promised job tittle. He still has the tape and has both by the balls. If he ever choose to use it. Waiting for your next story since your back ,the most prolific writer here.

BigGuy33BigGuy33over 7 years ago
Enjoyable

Definitely no punishment due. She didn't trust him enough to tell him the truth so why should she expect him to trust that she's not cheating.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 7 years ago
Not bad

Why do I not believe the "explanation?" Just rings a little bit too pat, to me. The narrator believed it, I guess that's all that counts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Agree with Randl

but you do have to accept the narrator's beliefs in a story. Husband may not believe it himself but that's the way Bob wanted to end it. He was being funny about being in the doghouse. Just a little levity in keeping with the way JPB writes many of his stories. BTW Randl let us hear from you soon in LW. \

anon.1

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Could it be a set up?

I think she might be an escort!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Entertaining

I have always enjoyed JPB's stories...this one was not one of his best but still solid. He is a very good writer and I hope he never stops.

Thanks for the story!

"Buckeye Fan"

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerover 7 years ago
Good Job!

You used a lot of my suspension of belief abilities to get all three problems to hit Ryan the same day, but once you had the cancelled flight, catching the boss and then wifey falls right in place with probability. Ryan or any of us would surely jump to the same conclusions at seeing wifey, and a long hard look at the work situation falls right in line with the actions of us work-a-day slobs who get screwed over regularly in the rat race to get ahead. I haven’t read the comments yet, but I imagine you took a lot of crap by the, “Hell no, I’d have kicked some ass,” crowd.

All said, this is a very good free read—thank you. I call it a 5!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Interesting tale

However, normally a wife does not hold hands with a "friend" while entering a restaurant. A quick kiss on the cheek, perhaps.

Still, possibly innocent until she lied about even being there.

At that point, anyone would know the truth of the situation.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
@blackrandl1958

I don't know if you've read my several comments or not, but while I agree with you that if the protag wants to buy her story, that's on him, and good luck!

His JUSTIFIED suspicions, coupled with her lies, should be enough to get him out of trouble though!

Not to repeat myself (though I am!), beyond what he saw and her lies there a three big red flags for me:

1) Why wasn't he told before he left on his trip about this dinner? Old boyfriend or not, an innocent dinner with friends wouldn't/shouldn't be kept a secret. Maybe she didn't think it was that big a deal, but she thought it was a big enough deal to not tell him when he called!

2) Why not wait three days and have the dinner when Ryan could be there?

3) Why wasn't Carol in the car when Mark picked Brooke up? For that matter, why didn't Carol come with them when they came to explain?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
One (Hopefully!) Final Thought

By the time he called her, they had already been there at least a couple of hours, the meal must have been over and she knew he was suspicious.

Why didn't ALL of them go straight to Brooke and Ryan's house and explain?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
thanks jpb

another good one jpb. thanks for sharing and your hard work and effort. geez brooksy, you really got a case of trots of the mouth on this one. your showing off that well earned FI tattoo. so please sbrooks, just shut up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Cute. Thanks. But way too contrived to contemplate or analyze. Pretty much a gotcha story.

So JPB just mind fucked his readers. The only surprise is that anyone familiar with his work is surprised. JPB IS a mind fuck. I'm just glad he's still fucking with us. Pretty hard to keep every story a blow out winner, but he keeps us entertained. And the price is right.

Thanks Bob. And you know, your JPFU!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
FUCKEN TASTIC STORY

Hi there peoples! Truly I enjoyed this story, sure it's too short. It needs 2 maybe three pages including epilog? But I still loved and enjoyed reading it! Thanks for sharing this Fantastic story with us! Love you all! GREG. OH 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Better

More like the writer I have enjoyed stories from. Much better than the last. Easy to follow, better detailed and well thought out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Well, the major consensus seems to be SHE's the one in the doghouse

Also, this story also reinforced my feelings that JPB is either partially posting (maybe reposting) older stories that were written when JPB was learning or the name is a group moniker. The knowledge of basic English, especially punctuation, is different from the last story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
not buying it

her story was far to "out there". They had the time to hire an escort to show up to make the "story" believable. If it was true she should have woke him up and told him the truth that night, true as in most LW stories he deleted text and voice mails without listening to them(why do they always do that?) Comes down to no communication in marriage

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good story, Bob!

Except I saw my wife of three years kissing her ex once, so I divorced her. It wasn't a peck on the cheek, however, and seven days after our divorce was final, she married her ex! I'm not sorry a bit, cheaters get what they get for a reason.

Six months after their marriage, according to a mutual friend, he had already cheated and gave her an STD, Chlamydia, if I remember correctly. She filed for divorce from him on their first anniversary.

I found she did cheat with him before I saw them kissing. She admitted it when after her second divorce was final and she stopped by to see if there was anything left of us. She was in tears when she left, I shut her down completely with these words:

Once a cheater, always a cheater.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
amused

I enjoyed the story but I am also always amused by the number of comments that refuse to buy the idea that the wife didn't cheat. That refusal is pretty consistent in every other story on this site where the wife doesn't cheat in the end.

Come on, it's a fictional story made up by the author. If the author states the wife didn't cheat, she didn't cheat. In this case, the story really only works if she didn't cheat. That's pretty much the punchline of the story.

Enjoy it and move on to another story where the wife did cheat and got burned.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 7 years ago
5* story, of course

Had Ryan's wife told a stupid lie, he wouldn't have thought she was cheating.

The problem was caused by her lying.

SnubeSnubeover 7 years ago
I am at home downstairs. A lie.

Something is up.

elHosedelHosedover 7 years ago
You lie, thigns are your fault and you get to deal with the fall out...

... unless your a woman? The wife is nuts to even *think* of trying to punish the husband for anything from this tale. But then women are VERY rarely ever rational about, well, anything really.

As for the story, fun little flash story. Well written as usual.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
It is Still Fishy

Three star effort. I guess the outcomes were just a bit too soft for me given how the story was set up.

Maybe not immediately, but he should definitely change jobs. A peer literally fucked her way to acing him out of the promotion, compromised his Boss, and is still willing to compromise him too. Man to man, at least he can still trust the Boss, but moving forward that is not a healthy environment for a career.

Brooke's story is still plenty fishy and hubby shouldn't be kissing ass just yet:

- Why would Mark need to pick Brooke up? She has a car and knows the town. Mark's wife who doesn't know the town "well" but managed to get there just fine.

- Of all the "friends" in attendance, why did Mark need to play Uber only for Brooke?

- Brooke knew Hubby was "like that" so she lied about not being at home. So if she know he is "like that" why didn't she tell him about the gathering upfront? Why would she let Mark come to her house? Particularly when hubby was going to be out of town 3 or 4 days? What other stuff has Brooke slid by or have in the back of her mind to consider sliding by?

- If Mark is moving back to town, there is plenty of other occasions for them to meet Mark's wife together with Hubby. That assumes that Hubby would even agree to consider starting a friends/acquaintances relationship with Mark and his wife...or would be comfortable with Brooke to have an one.

- Heck, if I never saw any of my Ex-girl friends again in life that would be fine with me, so I definitely see no reason for wifey to want to develop a new relationship with an Ex and his wife. Who cares what Mark wants. The world is a big place, surely Mark and his Wife could get by fine without Brooke in their lives and vice versa.

patilliepatillieover 7 years ago
Nice job JPB, you are still quite relevant on this site

and your library grows in quality with this submission. Enjoyed it a great deal, looking fwd to more.

EzrollinEzrollinover 7 years ago
Yeah, but was Carol really Mark's wife or just a stand in?

Bob delivers again...just proves it don't have to be a stroker to being a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great

You still have the magic touch. At least, the hero got a brand new truck and a raise out of the deal.

Boyd Percy

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Plot Holes

Your plot holes do detract from your otherwise solid story. Usually you leave a major plot hole at the end of the story by not showing which way the story will end. One more hole: I know I would have called Barry to confirm that wifey did learn Ryan was home. If not, then wifey and Mark and "Carol" showed up for another purpose.

droogedroogeover 7 years ago
Great To Read You Again...

Hi JPB,

Good story as always. I thought that you had stopped writing as I had an absence from Literotica (yes life does go on after Lit) for a couple of years before returning to Lit and LW again.

Your ability to craft your tales so well, with a boundless imagination that creates original scenarios for each is really unparalleled.

Thanks for a truly enjoyable story and I hope that you will follow it up soonest. I think that new authors here could do with your influence as all we readers seem to have is a staple diet of cuckold stories. I don't have a problem with cuckold but you know the old saying I like chicken but every night?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "thanks jpb"

Who died a named you king? As long as comments are allowed I'm going to comment whether you like it or not!

I haven't received any complaints from JPB, and many others have made similar comments to mine, so why do you have such a bug up your ass for me?

And WTF is "FI"?

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 7 years ago
She is to blame

She shouldn't have lied about being home. How is supposed to trust her going forward when it was so easy for her to lie?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thanks for the story 5 *

I don't understand the haters. I rarely stop by this site because the quality is terrible. You wrote a entertaining 2 page story that played with many of the common cliches in the LW category. You are still one of the masters after your long lay off.As usual, your protagonist is an honest good guy who runs into trouble. He hates cheaters and learns that his boss and a co-worker are planning on screwing him out of a promotion that he earned because of their illicit affair. Then he comes home to see his wife leave with her ex-boyfriend and lie about where she was. There must be hundreds of these stories out there.

This story confronts the reasons his boss and co-worker cheated. They know that Ryan is a good guy and are honest with him and things work out. Ryan is honest with the company responsible for his accident and he gets paid for his new truck. Ryan didn't give his wife a chance to explain herself and the truth was she was not guilty of cheating. This is a happy ending. All the commenters who say otherwise are wrong. Its JPB's story and he gave us the facts. Write your own story if you don't accept the facts.

Some of the comments make me understand why we have Trump as president. There are a lot of stupid people out there. JPB is not one of them and I thank him for his work.

reasonable man

FD45FD45over 7 years ago
What's blame got to do with it?

She will make his life miserable even if he thinks he is innocent.

He was a touch premature but honestly, his wife should have grabbed him and told him the story (it would take all of 30 seconds) to put some doubts in his head.

And if she knew it was so innocent, why did she speed back in 20 minutes. She knew she did wrong. She admitted she did wrong.

But he dared question her integrity, which she clearly put into question. And women don't forgive that easily. It seems that Barry isn't the only guy who is going to go without sex for a while.

However, he might be well served by checking with the waiters that night. Just to be sure. SHE brought her honesty into question, not him.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 7 years ago
JPB for Emperor

JPB is usually pretty cynical but occasionally he lets his idealism peek through and we get an amusing and heartwarming story such as this one. But of course the BTB crowd can never concede that a woman might be innocent so they reinvent the story to suit their own sad little prejudices. What miserable lives they must lead.

carvohicarvohiover 7 years ago
WTF!

Where did all these complaints come from? So Brooke lied. So Ryan's boss was screwing Marge and Ryan lost the promotion. He got a new pick-up didn't he? I don't remember was it an extended cab or a long bed? Damn Bob might have stuck us with a Mustang, but Bob's better than that.

I read it and had a damn good time!

Keep em coming Bob!

Jedd Clampett

fifteen16fifteen16over 7 years ago
Little White Lies

Yes that is what we call them in the U.K., meaning that strictly speaking it is a lie but of little importance. In those bad old days when only men controlled the finances { ah halycon days} a wife would minimize the cost of expensive looking shoes by saying they were on offer, things like that no real harm all tongue in cheek. so to jpb's character, to the simple question where are you, oh i am in the Texas Roadhouse with blah blah and blah, we are meeting with Ryan who is introducing us to his wife Carol. Absolutely no need to lie, could hubby have behaved differently and answered his phone? yes but ultimate responsibility is on the wife. It's a good story about how one silly thing leads to another.

OnethirdOnethirdover 7 years ago
Time enough

Another great story. My only comment would be that she had a whole night to straighten things out, not just crawl in bed and say "I love you" before sawing wood. All stories of this ilk have the guy ignoring all phone calls, but this is an occasion where it backfires. Oh well, all's well that ends well. He did get a motor boating out of the whole thing, in addition to the new truck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
su-cker!

he's been had! it's obvious she IS fucking around!

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 7 years ago
lies plus attitude

Her going to a lie when the truth could have served better is a big flashing red warning light.

Her rather contemptuous attitude toward her husband is another big flashing red warning light.

She may not be cheating with Ryan, but she is giving signs that she is doing something behind her husbands back.

Time to hire a PI and see?

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 7 years ago
Now I see...

You are one of my favorite authors, so I was surprised to see this new story of yours rated rather low. Now that I've read it, I can see why.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 7 years ago
Hmmm...

Decent enough tale but why lie about being home when she was out at a reunion? Lost a point because of this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
bitch

That bitch sure in some group sex ....

njlaurennjlaurenover 7 years ago
Could have been good

But I agree with others,the ending sucks, because if the story with Mark is true (which of course could be bs,'Carol' could be a shill,and the wife's lying makes it tough to accept). Think about this,Barry is honest with Ryan,though he risks losing him,knowing the way Ryan feels,he is apologetic and honest.The wife?She claims she didn't tell him because 'I know the way you are', and then instead of admitting she fucked up, goes on the attack rather then show regret,which anyone who knows cheaters knows is a common way they defend themselves,blaming the victim. The reason this leaves a bad taste in the mouth is it doesn't settle the issue,I think JPB wants this to be a misunderstanding , but leaves ine feeling dischord, what in music they call uncompleted dissonance.

Texas_Air_ForceTexas_Air_Forceover 7 years ago
Bad, incomplete ending.....

This story has a ridiculous ending. Wife claims she isn't cheating? Hot wife of former BF conveniently shows up? Fine......Ryan tells everyone to take their cell phone out, and put it in the table, without changing or altering anything on them.... Of course, if Brooke objects or starts to turn pale, this isn't gonna turn out well....

1. Press 'Wife' or 'Carol' on Houser's phone. If Carol's phone doesn't ring, or another woman answers, Ryan explains to her where Houser is, asks where SHE is, and explain what is going on. Next more.....Divorce the cheating slut wife.

2. Look at Brooke's phone. ALL of the friends who were supposed to be there should be saved in her Friends list. Call them......ALLL of them, and ask them where they were on the night of the event. If they were not there.....Divorce the cheating slut wife.

3. Look at Brooke's text messages. See if she and Houser are sending nasty fuck-notes back and forth. If so......Divorce the cheating slut wife.

4. See if Houser has a recent call to an escort service. Call them, pretending to be him, and tell them the hot escort they sent over to roleplay his wife for the sucker husband was perfect. If they know what you're talking about.....Divorce the cheating slut wife.

NOW the story is....Bad Things....EXPOSED!

FD45FD45over 7 years ago
I don't get it

The writer offers us a set of facts. He even gives us a tone.

Here, the author is trying to lay down that the husband made an understandable assumption, but was incorrect. An escort won't gaze at someone with 'love in their eyes'.

I've had it done to me as well. The reader decides to add facts to a story to make the story what they want. You don't want the husband to be wrong? Her Little White Lie is now the Pentagon Papers. Wife is irate she is called a slut? It's because she is a remorseless she harpy and certainly NOT because she is an innocent wronged! She has to be EVIL.

The reader isn't 'wrong' if he INTERPRETS facts slightly differently AS PRESENTED. They ARE wrong when they add new facts which weren't in the story.

Occam's Razor. It removes a lot of thicket which obscures a story.

I got to admit that I am a bit uncomfortable when a wife's innocence isn't based on trust as a mature human being, but requires an affidavit from Four Men to prove her innocence. I think they use something like that up in Afghanistan.

Is that really how you want your daughters treated, assumed liars without evidence?

Yes there is room for doubt and I wouldn't blame this guy from asking a discreet question at the restaurant (but how do you trust the people there to not lie?)

But the going from zero to SLUT is a bit of jumping the gun.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Bullshit ending

If Brooke took that attitude with me she would still be divorced so fast it would make her head spin!

You don't lie to your husband about going out with your old boyfriend.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
@FD45

I'm perfectly happy to accept that facts as written, even when the facts don't make sense, like why isn't Carol with Mark when he picks up Brooke, why does she lie when there is a perfectly innocent truth, why didn't the entire dinner party got to the house immediately to explain?

Why didn't she tell him about it, or schedule it for after his trip?

But having accepted the facts, and believing she is TOTALLY innocent, why is HE in trouble for making perfectly rational assumptions?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
How do we know...

That Carol is really Mark's wife? Ryan has no proof and the Brooke and Ryan had ample time to make up the story and pay a prostitute to pretend to be Mark's wife.

How do we know Brooke and Mark were just old friends out for an evening with other old friends? Again, all we have is their word for it.

And Brooke clearly lied to her husband about her whereabouts when he called her and she believed him to be out of town on business. One does not consciously utter a lie and then dismiss it with as "a brain fart."

The fact that her first instinct was to lie to her husband in the real world would show a callous disrespect for him and also that she is probably lying about her other activities as well.

Basically this is just another JPB cuckold faggot story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Really?

His insurance company pays the claim?

He just walks away from a accident that totals a car?

He inflates the accident value by $500 when the other driver was drunk?

He is ok without the additional benefits from the promotion?

He just buys the lie she told?

And we are just going to believe that he is able to close big business deals?

I call bullshit!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Fun

Another fun story from JPB, except he was Ryan this time. The facts and nothing but the facts? The author gave us a story with the focus on what happened in the day in the life of Ryan. How much more can anonymous want to add? That's his/her story but this one if Bob's. Another good job. Keep them coming.

Tiny Tim

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Never thought I'd say this

Never thought I'd agree with an anonymous user (granted that was because most of them are trolls), but I have to agree with the guy that had a comment titled "How do we know?" How is it that we know Carol is his wife? She could have actually asked the boss when he was home and hired someone to pose as the ex-boyfriend's wife. I'd have needed a bit of evidence and I think it would provided a bit more to the story.

carvohicarvohiover 7 years ago
I don't get you people and your stupid complaints.

Think of that new truck. Bet it's black, big HD diesel, mag wheels. I can hear it now when he starts it up,that low distinctive grumble and rumble of power. Damn it Brooke; get out there, I want a classic Camaro next! Make daddy happy! Maybe a new boat. Think of the rooster tails out on the river! Rock on baby girl!

Jedd Clampett

FD45FD45over 7 years ago
@sbrooks103f

To make a story you need some contrivance. Dominos going wrong or correctly just the right way for extended drama to ensue. The husband has to miss the flight JUST when the wife is spreading for the neighbor. The woman talking to her lover on a landline exactly where the husband can hear her.

If Carol was with Brooke, if the husband waited around the restaurant, if he had answered ONE FUCKING PHONE CALL, the story would have deflated or been very different. That is not the story that Bob was writing.

THIS story was about husbandly comeuppance. It was a story about a husband making a wild jump to conclusions and him suffering as a result.

Why is he suffering as a result?

Well, let's look at any number of stories in LW. A woman is given a photo or hears a story from a friend and suddenly WHAM, the husband gets divorce papers at work (usually along with a contrived restraining order, a contrivance of it's own) and the wife, never, not once, lets the husband have his say.

We are supposed to feel for the put upon husband, trying to prove his innocence. We are supposed to think the wife is blatantly unfair, even if she has a photo (ala Dig Two Graves) of husband fucking some other woman.

She should have let him have his say.

Are you suggesting that if a WIFE is innocent of infidelity, screamed at by the husband and shut out, she shouldn't feel any of the upset that we are so happy to applaud when it is a man?

She knows that simply holding a man's hand for a moment or giving him a peck on the cheek is enough to get her divorced. One bump in the road, and hubby won't let her have her say and will toss her in front of the bus.

How would you feel if you got a hug from some random 'huggy' woman and your wife tried to divorce you?

Bear in mind, I do not think she is fully justified in her upset. But I understand it.

As far as her 'story', I can think of 6 different ways to verify if she is lying or not without thinking, starting with just asking 'Carol' to see her driver's license. You think an escort will have a fake id? You think Barry at work will lie for her?

At this point, for the wife to be guilty, she needs to have an entire conspiracy of liars to cover for her. But some readers would prefer to believe a conspiracy than in a wife's innocence. Hmm.

So either the wife is as bald faced a liar as Bill Clinton, or she is innocent. From the facts and the tone, JPB is obviously going for the later.

kimi1990kimi1990over 7 years ago
@FD45

Um... you seem to have forgotten, I hate to mention it, but, "I'm in the basement, doing laundry." The lie began the whole shenanigans. The lie, FD45, we can't forget the lie. No lie, none of it happens. Someone who has just lied to their husband, directly, and has been caught in the lie, and was with an old boyfriend, whom she lied about being with, can hardly pretend moral outrage at being accused of cheating. Abject apology is in order, not outrage.

FD45FD45over 7 years ago
Not at all Kimi

Shrug

Scenario: I am going to lunch, minding my own business, when Stephanie, the Hottie who works for XYZ corporation, comes up and gives me a big hello hug. "You big lug! I'm glad I caught you before we did negotiations about M. Let's go! I won't take no for an answer. Lunch is on me."

So she drags me (not terribly unwillingly because, hey, low cut blouse) to some place to eat.

Wife if stridently filing her nails when I get home and asks how my day was. "Okay. I guess."

"So nothing special?"

"Not really." I say. I had a business lunch. In public. Albeit with a girl with 36DDs, but that seems...impolitic to say to the wife and can just lead to 'trouble'.

Since I wasn't motorboating her, it was JUST LUNCH.

The next day I get served at work for divorce and wifey will not take my calls.

Do I have any room to be upset?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
@FD45 Re: "Not at all Kimi"

In your example HE didn't lie, well maybe a little bit by omission, so of course he was right to get upset at being served divorce papers!

In THIS story she LIED, and unless I'm misremembering wasn't served with divorce papers, I don't think he even formally accused her of cheating, he simply thought she was cheating, and repeating myself for the umpteenth time, with GOOD CAUSE!

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonover 7 years ago
Hang on there, Sport...

Our Girl still gots some 'splainin' to do. So instead of taking her own car to the get-together, she has old boyfriend pick her up, by himself, when her husband is out of town? Then lies to keep husband from finding out? Raises questions about what she was planning on doing after dinner, if she hadn't gotten busted, eh?

Then when they're all going to straighten everything out, why is old boyfriend riding with Our Girl, instead of his own wife, especially when said wife doesn't know her way around town?

I don't think she's cheated -- yet -- but she's got no business getting on her high horse, and he might ought to keep that funny business detector in working order.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
:-/

you are so weak JPB. I cant believe you are listening to these morons and started making your stories more nice and mainstream. I miss your cheating, one night stand, gangbanging, 3 hole exwives, girlfriends, neighbors, aunts, mothers, daughters, sisters etc you used to write about. But hey, if writing "aww shucks" erotica makes you think you are growing as a writer, more power to ya...

KRD19254KRD19254over 7 years ago

"I'm in the basement doing laundry", 100% lie, WHY? Because Brooke had INTENT to CHEAT in her mind or she was in the process of CHEATING. Brooke goes out with ex-boyfriend and does not tell Ryan - again Brooke had INTENT to CHEAT. Carol who is new to the city and gets lost was not in the Houser's car when picking up Brooke?!?

Cut your losses and walk/run from this almost whore. It's just a matter of time and she is going to CHEAT if the deed hasn't already happened. Or be a Cuck?!?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Lying and it's only a brain fart?

Don't think so.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 7 years ago
Oh Brooke, stupid Bitch, here's an idea...

"I'm at Texas Roadhouse."

"What are you doing there?"

Where upon she lists the people she's there with, including the wife of an old boyfriend... And the old boyfriend.

He did something wrong...? Bullshit, she CREATED the situation that he responded to. It's HER fault he read the situation wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
nice one

Great story, nicely written.

But hey, I cant see a single reason for her to have lied.

Is carol covering because it was a 3 way?

Is that even his wife?

No, something just isnt right.

Holding hands because she was "nervous" about meeting a long ago boyfriends wife?? Really?

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...

story TAGS