All Comments on 'Bad Timing'

by 1Thinkingman

Sort by:
  • 58 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
if she doesn't take the hint after she finds out that Tony's still alive

then she's dumber than dogshit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
stooped

or, stupid.

lousy speeleng. Pore gramar.

1 star.

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago
A consequence story

I understand Tony and I do not understand him together. Yes Canada is other country as the good old States are and the family law is other. I think this tactic is not the best, but to hide a part of the asset for the Cayman Islands or other tax free county would be a better idea and after decreasing the common assets to start the divorce. Nobody can hide the all asset, but instead of the 50-50% may be mended for 70-30%.

I think Tony is not elder and he deserves a beautiful second chance with common children and the North American custom the marriage, against DG Hear's excellent romantic stories the "Reflections Ch. 05.". So the divorce will not be avoided.

A goodt consequence story which obledge the reader to think...........

Johnny1MJohnny1Mabout 12 years ago
I can't believe the author used are when he meant our.

Or not when he meant nought. Inexcusable in so short a story.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 12 years ago
very cool

i like that he played that one on her and used the time to get out of dodge. dont worry about people who condemn your screw ups in spelling and shit like that, this is an porn site, fuck spelling - if you miss something you miss something and context as in are and our dont get picked up in spellcheck either.

jasonnhjasonnhabout 12 years ago
Basic concept OK

I liked the basic concept, that no one is entitled to forgiveness. Too often the tone in LW stories is that because the wife is now miserable the husband must forgive her or he is not a good person. Forgiveness is a very complex thing. It depends on what happened, the circumstances, and the people involved. But most of all, it is the choice of the wronged party whether to forgive.

You need an editor! I found the story hard to read.

The idea of not divorcing to protect your money is stupid. Why would you want to live the rest of your life with a noose around your neck just waiting for your wife to find you and pull the trap door and leave you hanging? Protect what you can, get divorced, and start your life fresh. Running and hiding is cowardly. Face up to your life. Tony and Mark are talking all macho but not acting it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
good story

and if it bother some people so much i would spell words wrong just to bug them and i live in the great white north also.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Coward.

This boring shit sums up a coward of a man. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
very good and very funny

beat the guy and let hang in limbo

the hung himself was great, divorce is costly cutting her totally off from money is better

some of us wont hurt a woman and he hasnt hurt this one in any way physical at all

a very smart fellow

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteabout 12 years ago
Can't buy my stories shut the fuck up about bad grammar...

....this site is called LITEROTICA" not "Pornucopia" you arrogant ass.Author, who the fuck cares about a song by the barely circulated "Blue Rodeo" ,Pick something widely disseminated If you want to hook us into wasting time with self-described "flash" stories that serve mainly to prove the author can write a paragraph taken out of whatever context there might be.

hansbwlhansbwlabout 12 years ago
Sloppy!

A very sloppy written story. What does following sentence really mean:

"All are friends are still not talking to me."

Should also think the writer should know the difference between: here and hear.

One!

chytownchytownabout 12 years ago
Correct Title!!!*

Good luck on your next submission.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

Why the hell did you bother submitting this piece of rubbish? At the very least you need to learn the difference between words like, here, hear, they're, their, there etc. Or get an editor.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Hey, I know you!!!

You're the guy that wrote, "All your base are belong to us," aren't you? If not, you sure have the style down pat.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Disjointed

Hard to follow..

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 12 years ago
July

This story might have been better received (comments & rating) it it had been submitted in July!

virago920virago920about 12 years ago
Okay--

you wrote this on purpose right??

gyjunkiegyjunkieabout 12 years ago
Missed with this.

There was not enough background. I can't tell if what she did reached the level to deserve this type of treatment. This story made me believe the husband was a cowardly ass.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I'm confused, just how is he a coward?

He has kicked the lovers ass every times the husband see him. And he kicked the bitch out, he isn't getting a divorce because he doesn't want to pay the whore. So read the story again dumbass. *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
LOL liked it

A one sided conversation until the end then it became clear. thud Gail? Gail? LOL

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
TIMING IS AS BAD, LIKE HEARSAY

I heard he was out of town etc. TK U MLJ LV NV

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
EXCELLENT

Forget the haters. They don't get it.

Lesson learned.

How to get rid of a stalking cheating whore slut wife.

A. Knock her off

B. Pretend to knock yourself off.

Answer: B. You stay out of jail that way.

OH YEAH

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
TRAITOR

cornholed by a fat cock, he smoked a meaty one, betrayed!

FD45FD45about 12 years ago
Mai kermint

Yew knead an auditor valley baldly.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Doesn't make any sense.

You really need some to proof-read your shit. And grab some balls, running away like a little boy is just embarrassing. I mean pretending to be dead is actually a felony. Kinda hard to be in Vamcouver when your ass is in jail.

RePhilRePhilabout 12 years ago
Loved it

More please

FD45FD45about 12 years ago
Now I feel bad

I try to judge a story on four elements

Technical aptitude: How well written is it

Emotive Quality: Can I 'feel' the story or the characters?

Plot: Do the elements of the story work in together?

Versimilitude: Do I believe the story.

You got high marks on two of the four: Plot and Versimilitude. I can believe the story (not that there might not be legal repurcussions, but that someone might do this) and it makes sense.

I didn't connect with the characters at all except for the stalker but that is a tribute to it's length and neither the writer or I can be blamed for that.

You know what I feel about the technical quality.

So learn to rewrite and try again with something a bit longer. I will read it.

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanabout 12 years agoAuthor
Editing

Yes I suck where editing is concerned but I have been offered help. I would point out story plot that seem to be misunderstood by some readers. First, it is a phone converstion one way. Tony is not nor has ever been dead. It is not a criminal act to tell someone a lie in most cases. His leaving is not an act of cowardice. How people deal with unexceptable situations is their choice. Our legal system here in Canada is set up to reward cheaters. Tony deals with it by walking away. He should have gotten a legal separation to protect future earnings. You see assets in a marriage are only considered up until the date of legal separation. If he were to say win the lottery after that date his wife would not be entittled to any of the proceeds. Simply legally separate and walk away.

bruce22bruce22about 12 years ago
Interesting storyline

FD45 summed up the situation... His evaluation is excellent.

x_witless_xx_witless_xabout 12 years ago
I think you thought you had a good idea and ran with it. I like that kind of creativity.

Thanks for writing, all stories welcome as far as I'm concerned. Love em or hate em. To continue the cliched analogy, here you've dropped the baton and pulled up short. You've shot your bolt, and actually got yourself in the foot. Enough with that already.

I actually love the song. It's completely understated and full of acceptance. But this is a guy who is calling her and realises he's fucked up and don't blame her for fucking him off. But he stays a real man - and he walks away. That would be a story here on LW. And it's been done.

But playing the dead. Whatever. It gave him time I guess. Unfortunately you weren't skilful enough to hedge yourself from pandering to the women haters. I mean one guy got off just from the fact that this chick knocked herself out, fainting. Betrayedbylove was more than willing to alternatively kill her. WTF?? This totally betrays the song. It's a song of mistakes made on both sides. All your friend had to say, to keep in tune, was something like "sorry babe, he's long gone down the road. He'll always be hurting. And he'll always love you." Now that's a stinging fucking truth. That'll hurt.

4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Yo, 1FuckingCantWriteForShit

You acknowledge your writing is bad, and you need an editor; but fuck it, so what?!?!

You are one of the worst writers on the site. Get a GODDAMNED EDITOR and learn some FUCKING ENGLISH!

x_JohnDoe_xx_JohnDoe_xabout 12 years ago

Thanks for the enterainment and a fun read, I will try and find the song and listen to it to see how it compares. Keep the stories coming.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Knowing that the author is a psychologist..

puts it all in perspective for me.

Psychobabblers are among the most fucked up people on the face of our planet.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
#2 BITTER IS AS BITTER DOES

and long time payback is the real bitch. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
If you are a psychologist

you must know that in situations like this there are a couple dangerous outcomes for the little prank they pulled. IF she is really sorry and remorseful and feeling guilt for what she did she might in fact imitate the suicide as so as to do the ultimate punishment on her. Or since they are not divorced, if he did kill himself, all she needs to do is to a lawyer who might work on contingency to find out what happened and then could tell her about getting half in the divorce and she could go after him. As long as he has ss # and credit cards he cannot hide. And while I sympathize with him, he should end it once and for all and move on. In fact if that behavior of his is typical, maybe she had reason to cheat on him: though she should have just divorced him and moved on.

phil2213phil2213over 11 years ago
great subject nicely developed and hit a wall.

The story had great development it slowly evolved the characters to a nice crescendo of cheaters remorse and revenge. It had everywhere to go and the it hit into a wall. I felt a drama build with great interaction developing characters to human personalities which went nowhere. There was so much at hand so many possibilities. More revenge reconciliation perhaps 'unexpected life event unfaithful wife wins historical powerball jackpot. At anteaters thanks for the tease! !

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago

maybe the cheating whore will feel guilty and kill herself and save the husband from having to giver her half in a divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Dummy

Check the law. She can file. She doesn't have to find you, just make the legal attempt to find you. And after the waiting period, you're divorced and assets can be seized and awarded to the plaintiff. Your loss.

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
IF ONE IS FAST ENOUGH

the Plan A should work but don't forget Plan B, TK U MLJ LV NV

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanabout 10 years agoAuthor
Re: Dummy

Just so you know how screwed up Canadian family law is, the plaintive is required to serve papers on the spouse. Without being able to do that the divorce can not go forward. We do not have abandonment laws like they do in the states.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Blue Rodeo

You should at least give credit to Blue Rodeo for their sone that formed most of your story.

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
I don't know the song...

I don't know the song...but this is a good short story...

EddboyEddboyover 8 years ago
damn

ive been reading cheating wives stories for around 2 years and i just now found this guy.. 4 stars

wonder203wonder203over 8 years ago
Blue Rodeo

Blue Rodeo did that song years ago. Great song but bad story. You should at least give acknowledgement to where you took most of the story and the story line. 1* only

wistful_of_ozwistful_of_ozover 7 years ago
Could do with an editor ..

Preferably an English speaker who knows something of punctation.

Parts of this story are like a verbal pin the tail on the donkey - the challenge is to guess the missing word which would give the sentence some meaning.

tazz317tazz317about 6 years ago
BAD TIMING GOT ME AWAY FROM HER

now good timing and the Canadian border will keep us apart, TK U MLJ LV NV

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
Short but on point

To help with cheaters.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 5 years ago
Plan well, plan for everything

Then carry it out with military precision

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 5 years ago
It's hard to know...

...why people don't know their own mind, don't see the consequences and choose a path they want most. I guess that is the sign of real immaturity.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
marriages and relationships would be vastly different if...

divorce didn't reward cheaters.

if the courts outright punished proof positive marriage destroying cheating, you'd see a lot less of it. right now, there's money to made in cheating. if anything, cheating is incentivized. that and a sharp decline in marriage at all. society as a whole is already suffering massively from this shift in society, but everyone is afraid to address it in a meaningful way. aw well.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
I read it again...

...and I still like it! What jilted husband or boyfriend doesn't wish he could do this?

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Again

This is so good. A little classic.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Loved it Larry kept getting punished for it and she has to deal with reality

Added to my favorites

numbnutz49numbnutz49almost 2 years ago

Editors can be your friend. This one needed a lot of help which is sad for 840 words

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 1 year ago
It looks like you dictated this to your phone.

“All are friends are still not talking to me.” This is a tell. You really need to reread your stuff before submitting.

It’s just a mess.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The idea was just fine. The execution leaves a great deal to be desired.

jflindersjflinders7 months ago

I enjoyed the story but "are" instead of "our" and "not" instead of "naught" together with numerous mistakes in the use of punctuation marks and some missing words in a story of this length is an indication that an editor could be a big help.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
user1Thinkingman@1Thinkingman
Part time writer although I haven't written in a few years.