All Comments on 'Best Friends, Better Friends'

by Crazeems

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
aposiopesisaposiopesisover 13 years ago
This was a very entertaining read, particularly from a first time author.

While the first few paragraphs were a little rough, due to some spelling/grammar mistakes, your story had a nice flow to it. I just don't understand why it took Gary five years to propose, if he fell for her so quickly.

Well done.

LeaMattisLeaMattisover 13 years ago
Beautiful story

I really enjoyed this, well done. I look forward to reading more from you.

I actually liked the fact that you left that five year gap... It seems far more realistic and mature, as both had responsibilities towards their own children. It made it more relatable and gratifying to read.

5 Stars!

markellymarkellyover 13 years ago
Loved it..

A real good read, the whole story had me smiling and laughing at the same time. Well done and thank you. Fifteen minutes of my life well spent.

MabelCinnamonMabelCinnamonover 13 years ago
Wonderful!!!

It was really inspiring... I write as well and to see this from a new writer is just really encouraging... Please write more and keep up the good work!!!

oldwayneoldwayneover 13 years ago
Are we divided by a common language?

When I learned the King's English, way back during the reign of the Queen's father, I learned that "to" was most often used as a preposition, but could be used as an adverb, i.e, "He came to." (Regained consciousness); "too" was an adverb; and "two" was a noun. Perhaps that has all changed, but I don't think so. It just bothers the hell out of me to see the Queen's English misused, especially by one of her subjects.

Other than a few other minor problems that an editor would have found, I think that it was a pretty good story. I rather enjoyed it and think you deserved the Five Stars I gave it.

fanfarefanfareabout 10 years ago
technical malaise

This cacophony of incompatible technology we rely upon is barely capable of relaying a coherent message. We are not surprised it fails so often, the only surprise is that it ever got any of it working in the first place!



Speltczech is homophone-phobic coded by progroomers who are functionally illiterate!

 It is down-wrong hilarious when auto-replace functions place the wrong word in the correct context. 

Punnies and malapropisms and even catachresis spice up the reading enjoyment for those of us who laugh at the pretentious nonsense palavered by the grimmer nasties. Undeniably the result of their misseducation.



If you have ever had the missedfortustance to be forced to attend social functions/seminars/conferences for any Academic English Department of any institution of 'higher' learning,. You will notice that the 'educators' (with and without tenure) are divisible into three groups. Drunks, potheads and senile drunken potheads.



Academic English has got to be one of the worst methods of communication since neo-confuscianism. Noah Webster was a pre-mature fascist and Thomas Dewey was an incipient nazi.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Great Job!

Please write more stories like this; you are quite good at it!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous