All Comments on 'Best of Both Worlds - FTDS'

by FinishTheDamnStory

Sort by:
  • 131 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

It's the whispers in the dark, that yield doubt.

It's the not knowing that screams at our mind.

Their marriage died. And we must remember this, that death is not the greatest loss in life. The truly great loss is this, that which dies in us, while we live. Like trust.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
He could not overcome , so no reconciliation

She loved him and screwed up big time, he in the end could not forget even though he loved her, the trust was gone in his head, she changed but in the end they went separate ways , sad in a way but life always seem to throw you curve balls.

CharlieB4CharlieB4over 9 years ago
The best so far.

Without doubt the best, so far, of your current crop of endings. Touching and real, the first half was a bit bland but you the got the emotion going in the second half.

Some people can forgive and forget, some can't. What made this story for me was you made the characters choices believable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
An honest portrayal of a failed marriage

I'm sure more than a few readers could place themselves in the shoes of either the husband or the wife. My only questions are why did he have custody of their Daughter? The husband NEVER gets custody unless law are broken or drugs/alcohol are involved. And why didn't he get some professional help? Yeah yeah I know - real men don't need directions! But sometimes a professional can help you get your head on straight and point you in the right direction. And that was his real problem. He couldn't see that he'd never trust her again. And that was his issue that he never dealt with successfully. My problem was that this wasn't really a story that screamed out for an ending. There are so many obnoxious endings out there. Pick a better one next time. Like anything that Edrider73 has written. Or perhaps a story where a guy really needs help- Tight Feminization by Tightlygagged

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
@Anonymous re custody

The original writer explicitly said that in their state in cases of infidelity the cheated on spouse usually gets custody.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
"Head Out Of Your Ass"

I think it is very unfair of Sarah to lay the blame on him for his inability to trust her.

She caused his mistrust by her own actions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Possible story ideas

Hey, if you're looking for stories that you could finish, here's a list of some that I feel could really go for some better endings.

Kathy and Gregg by Rhein1

Mary and Sarah by cpete

Dead Stupid by cpete

Confession of Adultery by FrancisMacomber

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
decent

decent ending to another failed marriage.... 5 stars for daring to enter the realm of realistic fiction!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I'm sorry but I had to laugh.

Some anonymous idiot asked you to finish stories by cpete, Rhein1, and Francis Macomber. I don't particularly like you finishing someone else' stories but they are not around to object in most cases. All 3 of these writers ARE around and I hope would never give you permission to touch one of their stories. The thought of you finishing one of Macomber's stories is horrifying. As a writer you are not a pimple on his butt. It would be like Porky Pig reciting the Gettysburg Address, so please take no stock in the idiotic ramblings of that anon.

IronDragonIronDragonover 9 years ago
The most realistic by far.

Of all your tales, FTDS, this is the best and the most realistic one you've done. No over-the-top revenge or punishment on Wifey or Asshole, just finally accepting that he can't trust her again and finally moving on with his life. I'll admit that I enjoy some of your OTT tales like "A World Turned Right Side Up", but some of them aren't that good.

In this one, you stayed true to the characters as presented by the original author, and you portrayed Hubby's lack of Trust in Wifey to perfection. No matter what residual feelings there are, most men would respond the same way Hubby did in this tale. He tried to make it work, for the sake of his daughter, but it just didn't take. Contrary to what some would have you believe, most of us guys can't live like that, always looking for any sign that Wifey is cheating again. Once the Trust is gone, that's it, especially after what she put him through in the original chapters. "For the sake of the kids" isn't reason enough to stay together when the Trust goes out the window.

5 HUGE Stars. The realistic approach works for you, man. Keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wife change

I like the wife change stories with cheating first wife so 5*****.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
It's a decent story

But sadly, it lacks any lasting impact. I won't bother trying to find the original story, because by all accounts I'd be enraged with everything in it. I guess I'm just an unbending fellow, I could never compromise on my principles, not even if they meant the death of me, and one of those is to never take back a cheater, or to forgive them.

You did a fine job with wrapping up this story, but it's just not my thing.

Still, hope there's more upcoming stuff from you. That recent original story you wrote was good, even if it was reminiscent of Danielle's Revenge.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Nice

I'm impressed. You handled that with more sensitivity than I would imagine. Typical ending, in my opinion, would be her still seeing other men while trying to reconnect with her ex. She was true which didn't allow for a bitter ending of the relationship. Great ending to a never ended tale.

Five Stars

FD45FD45over 9 years ago
Wow!

This had depth, nuance, emotion and had believable characters. The woman was not a typical FTDS slut, thinking only with her vagina. I thought she was a real woman, not a caricature. The man was not 100% perfect either. It was, in the end, his hang ups which defeated their reconciliation.

And not a single basement or cut off nipple in sight ;-)

You can actually craft a good story. So that begs the question why you keep writing the stories where it is all rage and pain?

Bravo on expanding your repertoire.

You can blame IronDragon for my reading this in the first place. His comment was quite eloquent and made me curious enough to give it a try.

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
I already said Ilike your endings...

And this is no exception. When Respect and Trust are mined, there is no way the marriage can survive. Love can be rebuilt, but trust and respect is almost impossible...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Can't Imagine or buy into ANY of this!

How do you un-ring a bell?

Jumping on the grenade for not being able to trust her after her betrayal?

WTF?? No, that is NOT his fault!!

That's the whole point of WHY NOT to betray!

Trust is easily lost & next to impossible to regain!

How can you be face to face intimate with treachery, deceit and betrayal? And a date being good to go after watching your ex-wife kiss you???

For me, these bits nailed the coffin on this story.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
THE TROUBLE WITH THE EVE OF DESTRUCTION

is always the aftermath TK U MLJ LV NV

javmor79javmor79over 9 years ago
@anon 10/12/14 "I'm sorry but I had too laugh"

I find it very interesting how you can have such an opinion of how inept this author is compared to the others you mentioned, and yet you have not produced anything for us to judge YOUR talent. Your comment sounded like something a pompous douche bag would say. If you are going to make a comment like the one you made, at least have the talent to back it up so that we can agree that you know what you are talking about. FTDS is a good author and has filled a void in this site. Granted, I don't always like where he takes a lot of his stories, but he at least has the guts to put something out there.

There are quite a few anons that actually have intelligent comments and critiques. Then there are the life-suckers. They are the ones who will not adapt a name for the purpose of cowering from a response to their retarded comments. Yes we are all anonymous on the internet, but at least when you adopt a name you give people a chance to respond directly to you about a comment that you made. By hiding behind anonymous, you are not allowing a response. So when you say your ignorant, sexist, racist, and sometimes just plain stupid statements and press send, you get to sit back and enjoy the fact that no one can respond to you and tell you what a fucking idiot you are. I'm sure that I'm going to receive a few backlashes and nasty emails about this comment, but at least I allow you the venue to tell me personally what you think of me.

I feel that this author does reserve to right to finish whatever story he feels the need to finish. If it were me, I would first try to obtain permission from the original author and respect his characters. I'm sure FTDS does that when he can. As for the anon's whose sole purpose is to bash other's work, you will be taken seriously when we can judge your talent.

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
Human Behavior

I trust people, I trust them to do what they have done. Human behavior contains a wide range of possibilities. While we are all capable of every terrible act known to man. Most of us will not commit those acts. It is our inhibitions that define us - the things we are not willing to do. As we exhibit our range of behavior to those around us we come to be known for that behavior. Most often these behaviors are part of a bigger behavior pattern. Others can trust that we will continue these behaviors because they are part of who we are. So, in fact a person who cheats, is a cheater. That is not something that will ever change. No more than a person who murdered another person will ever be thought of anything other than a murderer! In the end, trying to get back together was a silly idea. It can never be. They might have been able to coexist, some do, but it would not be husband and wife. It would be husband and cheating whore. Because that is exactly what she was. She can marry another man, but she is still a cheating whore. As she ages the opportunities for her to cheat will become less, but she will always be a cheater. She defined herself. The real outcome to this story is not the outward results of their actions. It is not what happened to the husband. It is what happened to the wife and what she has to live with everyday for the rest of her life. I have seen foolish cheaters eaten alive by their own guilt and regret for their actions. They cannot forgive themselves because there is nothing to forgive, it is who they are and they hate it. The damage is done, they have ruined themselves. They have lost their honor and self respect. They cannot love themselves, let alone anyone else.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
"with Jennifer and I"

is a common mistake and this writer makes it far too often. Prepositions require object pronouns. Would you write that "she went with I"? Hopefully not. Therefore, "she went with Jen and I" is wrong. Learn this mistake and correct it and you will become a better writer.

cpetecpeteover 9 years ago
True enough,

like being wary of a dog that once bit you,

FTDS wrote of fine tale of a hubby/father wanting the family back-but being human, knew it would never happen.

Nice portrayal story that sometimes wounds never heal completely.

blue4242blue4242over 9 years ago
You know

A good story might be a bit reduced by silly little spelling, grammar, and maybe even story flaws. Well, go read the masters if you wish close to perfection. Read the Latin and French writings of so many experts over the centuries.

We come here, to this site, for cute little tales. That is it!

And this guy, he ain't be doosing (yes, that was deliberate) bad! How he can write so much, so quickly, is a tribute to the man, or to the woman, I didn't check the profile.

So think about what you say in your comments.

Chris

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
What state gives the husband the children if the wife cheats

It's against all states that I know, is this just the authors spin. Most working men have not the time and resources to take on the task of bringing up a child. I never heard of this till this story. The mother bears the child is the caregiver loves the child rear the child. Unless she is incapable or doing something illegal I cannot see him getting custody. Unless he is super rich and can buy his way to get custody thru a prolonged suit and wear down the wife and any lawyer they hire.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A GREAT STORY

FTDS, all of the naysayers are jealous cretins. They can all go lick out the toilet

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 9 years ago
only thing for me was why 5 years

I wouldn't have made it hours, maybe 5 minutes but years, naaah (5)

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 9 years ago
Well, not the butcher job that a lot of your endings turn out to be...

... but, after reading the original, the characters, especially Sarah, changed to such an extent as to be hardly recognizable. Honestly though, I did appreciate the fact that your finish to this story had it ending with a fizzle rather than a bang. Contrary to what most people read or believe, this is exactly what happens with these kinds of relationships. Chalk up at least a partial victory for reality.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 9 years ago
re: What state gives the husband the children if the wife cheats

you need to learn more about the law, the split is about 70 to 30 now a days. In some states its 65 to 35. More men are getting the kids, not over cheating but because men are the better parent in some cases. Your the one who needs to check your facts before hand.

Concritic123Concritic123over 9 years ago
Excellent adaptation......

You did quite well this time. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Re: Husband custody

Georgia gave custody to man after serial wife cheating in 1992. Wife moved to Alabama and kidnapped children, husband went to recover and was arrested by Birmingham police on order of a family court judge despite having the Georgia paperwork of custody after 2 months judge was overruled and ordered to give children to ex-husband.

Concritic123Concritic123over 9 years ago
Huedogg.....

This is fiction, therefore, the author is allowed to alter the laws of whatever fictitious place the story takes place in.

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistover 9 years ago
Well now

The scene there near the end did a far better job of capturing a cheater's typical reaction than any other LW story I can name. They want the marriage to survive, or sometimes they want out...but either way the problem in their minds isn't the affair, but just your refusal to get over it.

Sometimes...sometimes...they come out of that fog and realize what they've done. But the LW "you are everything I want and this was a horrible mistake" immediate remorse thing is more of a fantasy than any SEAL team ninja moves.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Didnt like it

Big fan of your work but some stories are not worth trying to fix, ie.. they simply come from a broken mind and should not have been written in the first place. Keep trying your usually a breath of fresh air on here with all the gay married cum eating husbands writing these days.

smmhomesmmhomeover 9 years ago
Great job of staying true to the original characters

Sometimes I like your endings, sometimes… well... not so much. However, my liking them (or not) is kind of irrelevant. I’m impressed with your ability to reasonably put yourself in the author’s mind and plausibly finish the tale (while holding onto your basic principles/philosophy).

I agree with some other commenters that this is one of your best jobs… but I have to ask if that’s the case because:

a) You started with a better ‘unfinished’ tale to begin with – and so your… extension built upon a better foundation;

b) It was simply one of your better efforts;

c) The plot/ending rang true to me – suited my worldview a bit more closely than many that you finish (something similar to the comment by TheUnoriginalist).

Whatever the case may be (most likely a bit of all three), thank you for your effort. It was well worth reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
It seems that most people liked this one.

Me too! But then I have liked them ALL, if not liking them all equally. I think ONCE I voted you a three, but generally you get 4s, and OFTEN (like today), you earn a well deserved 5! But then again, I AM a true fan!

Thanks for what you do! It is always appreciated and eagerly anticipated!

Thanks also to Javmor, for his spot on comment/retort. And thanks to Iron Dragon, for realizing that some people read the comment spinner FIRST, before deciding whether or not to read a story. And thanks to FD45, because while (in my mind) he usually stays stubborn in his beliefs- refusing to put up with stupidity and silly crap (actually I don't blame him for that at all), he CAN admit when an author needs a second chance, and the benefit of the doubt.

I think Laptopwriter said it once (something like: ) ALL commenters should be gracious and grateful to those authors who donate their time, and sacrifice for our mutual entertainment.....but fellow authors should understand the need for that desired courtesy even more, since it is the only paycheck they are likely to receive for their efforts.

My best comment for you FTDS, is that I think this story proves that you CAN and WILL and DO stay as true to the original characters and story outline as possible, whenever possible. I read ALL of the original author's chapters in a row, just before finally switching back over to you for the conclusion. It REALLY seemed just about as seamless a continuation as anybody could expect or demand. My 5 stars was for assuming this to be a well achieved goal set for yourself. SUCCESS!

For me this was a good tale to mine for the understated object lesson. The "once a cheater, always a cheater" reasoning CAN be true, or SOMETIMES is true. But I don't believe it ALWAYS has to be true. People can redeem themselves. People can do penance and be forgiven. People can learn things about themselves, and even though they have made mistakes in the past, take steps to insure that those mistakes aren't repeated. This story stands out because, usually, the "stupid bitch" never learns a lesson without SERIOUS payback and revenge involved (or so lots of LW contributors would have the readers believe....) Here, this lady DOES learn. She does penance (losing both lover and hubby, losing custody, her house, AND goes without sex for 4YEARS after being caught!!!!). Meanwhile, she goes to therapy, and she rededicates her self-worth to the brief time she can actually spend with her daughter. But the theme here is that for these characters, NONE OF THAT IS ENOUGH! The loss of trust, was just too much. I liked how FTDS got ex-hubby to agree that in the end it became HIS problem and less hers. YES, she was the cause, but his inability to get past the trust issues, rang the ultimate death of any possible long-term reconciliation. Accepting it as something he couldn't change, despite trying his best, never changed his sincere hope for her eventual happiness. He would never fully trust her again, and she needed to find someone who could. Yep, real life type stuff, right there. I think that this was another reason why people liked this story better than some. It was a very realistic portrayal, even in the original. May be the original DID have some suspensions of disbelief (like the custody thing- may be?) but even he had a strong grasp of the realism needed to accurately portray the emotions of BOTH spouses going through a divorce. I think that "realism" IS why it was so easy for FTDS to pick up their shoes, and walk a mile or so in them.

Again, Thank you, and WELL DONE!

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 9 years ago
Five Star Finish

Ditto Iron Dragon and FD45. Excellent character development and realistic dialogue. FTDS is maturing as a good writer. As far as fathers getting custody, I got custody of my daughters in 1982 - even then it could be done. Judges usually look at what is best for kids - unfortunately not always. My brother-in-law's wife had joint custody with her kids and it was an unmitigated disaster and her kids are still messed up from it.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
Thank you FTDS

you took what you were given, stayed true to the characters as they had been crafted, and wrapped it all up nicely. It was not a slash and burn or a cop out reconciliation. Rather an honest probability based on the consequences of her betrayal and his insecurities. Is it pretty? No. Is it satisfying? much more so than the lack of closure provided in the original. It is a depiction of real life as viewed after the fact with all the foibles and faults with which humans are plagued.

Well Done FTDS!

JounarJounarover 9 years ago
5*

This story shows perfectly how once trust is gone, it's almost impossible to regain.

zed0zed0over 9 years ago
Meh

AndrewPeter has not been seen or heard from on this site for a number of years, and to this I send a hail & hardy "Good Riddance!"

The fact that reconciliation was even considered, let alone attempted, speaks volumes about FTDS current trend, and decent, into the anals of pathetic non-man wimpdom.

It is a sad fact of life that as men age their testosterone levels drop, causing the nads and the brain to atrophy, becoming soft and mushy. Both JPB & MM have, at my behest, tried testosterone replacement therapy to great advantage, with marked improvement in their writings, as well as in their personal lives, I'm sure.

Just saying......

I can only hope that FTDS future writings will return to the former quality that I, and the other men of Literotica have come to expect, and respect, from this formerly great writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
This was a great offering, FTDS.....

....as any you've submitted.

The best of these finishes is that you don't usually alter the characters, just bring the story to a different, often saner conclusion.

In this case, it seemed about 6 months after they got together that the troubles surfaced. She had had 5 years to work out her issues, but once back in a nascent re-relationship with him, couldn't stick it out for a year?

While her behavior is in keeping with her personality and my general experience of women trying to fix the damage they've done, I can't help but be disappointed that she couldn't give his struggling mistrust the year she took from him.

This stuff you write, is one reason I keep coming back to Literotica.

Some stuff you've submitted pissed me off pretty good (and I chided you accordingly), your stories are generally top notch. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
3*s

Thanks for the ending. 3*s for this chapter.

Something was missing or got lost. The conflict maybe wasn't here.

Thank you for trying.

AMerryMan

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
My 2 Cents

I gave this story a 5. Very realistic while being true to the original story. @Zed0 are you kidding. andrewpeter took the story to the edge of racc. FTDS took it back from that edge not with a 180 degree change in everything as some have accused him in the past but rather by detailing the efforts to restore trust. An effort that failed. Hubby was civil to her and even somewhat friendly because of their shared child. Their devotion to their child saved them but could not save their marriage.

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilover 9 years ago
Good continuation

I thought you did a fine job of staying true to the original. Both in plot and in style. Well done.

I did have a little discomfort with the arguement they had as the broke up. Her blaiming him made it seem like she really never understood or accepted the real damage she did to him and the relationship.

And I thought that is they were really serious about making a go of it, they might have tried seeing a counciler. I mean what they were trying to do is repair the marriage. An outside voice might have helped them see the trust issue more clearly and MAYBE found a way to get it back. Doubtful, but I think it should have occured to them to try.

Still, a nice end to the story

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

a fitting ending, in keeping with the original. As always, a fine job.

honeylicker1124honeylicker1124over 9 years ago
3 *'s as compared to the 5's I gave the others

I don't know, call me a hopeless romantic. I was really hoping for resolution and reconciliation, but it wasn't the one I was hoping for. There could be only two endings to this story. You chose this one. I would have chose for them to stay together. I know a thing about mistrust issues in a marriage - won't say which way. But as much as she was screwed up with the glassblower, hubby was screwed up with his big mistrust issue. Yes the wedding vows say "forsaking all others," but that's not all of the vows. There's the "for better or for worse" part. Certainly, the ending would be considered the "for worse part." He had a truly repentant woman, a good woman, a woman that would be the best mother for his daughter. But he showed he couldn't forgive. The Bible tells us if we can't forgive others, God will not forgive us. My thoughts as I see it.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 9 years ago
it was good up to this scene when he runs into his ex and says to her new man

.."Darren, she's a great woman. Seriously. The problems we had at the end were mine, not hers..."

Oh my fucking god. You have to be fucking kidding me....

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
FROM HOME-MADE CUPS

to home-grown coffee. TK U MLJ LV NV

arincharinchover 9 years ago
Timelines

I'm not sure about the story's timeline. I can't quite get a fix on the daughter's age when the divorce happened, how many years went by and why a teenager who could be a babysitter needed a sitter.

SyrustheVirusSyrustheVirusover 9 years ago

I like the outcome, but him going up to the ex and her date and putting the blame on himself ruined it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
sad..

To the other poster it had been 4years and no one can say she didn't try? So Bill's comment to her new beau at the end I think taking some blame was right.

Having said that I see myself in Bill's place and not being able to forget.

Nice one FTDS, still a romantic and wanted them together :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
SyrustheVirus IS RIGHT!

... HE HAS NOTHING TO APOLOGIZE FOR!!!!

- He's not the one that cheated on her for months!

- He's not the one that lied to person he loved!

- He's not the one that broke the wedding vows ... "forsaking all others" apparently meant nothing to Sarah the Tramp!

- He's not the one that destroyed their family!

- He's not the one that watched as Sarah gave her Piece of Shit lover her WHORE ASS (one of the many things she denied the man she supposedly "loved")!

... and we could go on and on and on but what's the point?!?

Sarah's betrayal was NOT A ONE time mistake ... it went on for months and months ... that Folks is Betrayal in the worst way! She is a selfish, self serving, adulterous CUNT who shoulders All the blame and should never be allowed to inflict her treachery on another man! Allowing her to remarry was wrong!

FTDS you "may" have written a better ending than the WHORE wife apologist & CUCK author Andrew Peters BUT it does not mean you wrote a good ending!

The apology was not only unnecessary and it was a mistake!!!

Remember Dear Readers .... Once a cheating WHORE ... always a cheating WHORE!! The only question remaining is how long it will be before Darren is fitted with a set of Horns as well!

"Cheating wives are the lowest form of life!!!"

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Swinging dick head aka Joe

Swinging dick didn't like this story. That is reason enough to give it 5 stars.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 9 years ago
Eh, I think you missed the spirit of the previous chapters...

He told us he had, without planning it, moved past the rage and anger and whatnot...

And he's a very introspective man... though it doesn't, in and of itself, reduce any pain her affair inflicted, he has to know that whether she knows why she did it or not the thing she DOES know is the fallout from her first and only affair.

The pain she was responsible for inflicting on the man she loved, any and all evidence to the contrary.

That being said, there's no way he didn't know she would never CONSCIOUSLY inflict that pain on him and there would additionally never be anyway she would be able to delude herself into thinking that it would not be a given if she were to have another affair.

Not to mention, though I am, how much worse would it be for her daughter to have her mom INTENTIONALLY throw away their family a second time - and there would be no way anyone would ever believe it wasn't intentionally a second time.

You also had them jump into the sack too quickly for who and how he was. And even though she desperately wanted them to be able to get back together, I can't help but think after all of her therapy that she would have tried harder to go slower. It's like my wife - she cooks on a lower temperature which to me takes longer but there's less chance of burning and not near as much of a mess. I really see her more like that at this stage of her life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
i agree

i damn sure wouldnt have apologized to that bitch i would have strung her ass along then dumped her

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

It was a *very* realistic ending. I could only give a three, because it was such a sad thing. I've read of such things, where the betrayed husband just couldn't get past what was done, despite still having strong good feelings for the former wife - FTDS got it right, sometime love just is not enough without the trust.

It's a good story, just a very sad one.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 9 years ago
Just too, too possible

People cannot decide how they feel -

However you can decide that you will trust someone and then live that decision - it takes some time to find out if you have been a fool for the second time or not but it can happen oif you have faith. Ooops faith ain't so easy either.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
A heartbreaking ending

Congrats. A heartbreakingly good ending. Five out of five. After all those chapters by AndrewPeters I almost wished the two of them got back together. You captured their characters perfectly. The emotions were raw and honest. If I could change anything I would have had you use the format the original author did of changing the POV back and forth between the two characters a couple of times. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
well it was an ending

But the style was so far removed from the original story that it rendered it a pointless exercise entirely.

And that has nothing to do with the ending as I do enjoy a good btb story.

No rating for this one.

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Excuses, Excuses!

“I was seduced, and too weak to fight it off.” – That’s an excuse for the affair itself, NOT for denying her husband, NOT for doing it in their house, in their BED, NOT for giving him things that she got pissed at her husband for just mentioning!

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Re-Reading

“I'll be faithful, I swear” – As he said, she made that promise before, and look what it led to!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
lame ending

but still an ending. better than the original long boring crap.

Oldfart72Oldfart72over 7 years ago
Really

U have to be kidding.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Yep, real life ending to it.

Too many here think being cheated on is then skulking about, hiring PI's, catching the cunt and then the revenge, oh, the sweet revenge.

Nope.

Revenge puts us in prison. And the very best revenge is living well without the whore.

You never can trust them again. Never, not ever. I married my HS sweetheart even after she cheated on me, we broke up, got back together and then she cheated on me again. With the same guy. Apparently for some women, cock size really is important.

Yet in the end, I forgave her, we found ourselves reunited and soon married. Not long out of high school and perhaps that was part of the problem. I found it was simply impossible to trust her 100%. Hell, even 50%. If She was late coming home from the store, had to stay after work, whatever the reason was, each time I feared she was off cheating with Tom again.

In the end, she came to me and said it wasn't' going to work. She was sorry, but it was impossible for her to go back in time and un-cheat. She was kind and understanding, realizing I couldn't trust her for something she did. We divorced after 26 months of marriage, to our parents sadness.

Truthfully, I figured Teresa would be in another man's bad and either dating steadily or remarried. Neither was true. After three years, a mutual friend admitted to me she wished we could get back together, since Teresa had never dated after we divorced. That was odd, I hadn't either but then it was impossible to really believe such a fairytale.

For five years neither of us dated, I simply couldn't bring myself to. Finally, after seeing Teresa too often and with her more friendly than ever, I transferred within my company and out of the state. From Ohio to Florida, I was happy yet sad, in the warm tropical weather.

I saw Teresa for the first time in 4 years just a few weeks ago. As usual she was alone but I wasn't. Our mutual friend contacted me immediately and needed me to understand my ex was devastated by seeing me with my wife and our baby.

My life is good now and I have no trust issues with Jennie, the love of my life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
To Annon - Yep, real life ending to it.

'Revenge puts us in prison. And the very best revenge is living well without the whore.' I'll take exception to this statement.

Revenge will put you in prison, but 'well thought out revenge' will not only leave you in the clear but will point the blame in the direction of the ex.

This was a year of lying, cheating, and total disrespect for her family. Counting this time wasted plus divorce time and the time to get her out of his system, a big portion of his life was lost because of these 2 cheaters.

And letting her 'talk' and explain why she did it is only good for clearing her conscious. He gets no benefit from it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
annomny

is just an old fat ugly fag who meeds to find a retirement home for assholes

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

i feel if the original author wrote this it would have been a forced raac. it sure looked that way. you on the other hand when for no raac which will would of been more realistic. after 5 years of penance the slut was finally done and my moved on. the male lead looked weak having a pity party every time. 5 years of putting their daughter in emotional distress. another maybe 2 years of meeting future candidates for the step mummy and daddy positions and so on. the kid is royally fucked. should have just killed the bitch and made it look like an accident 5 years ago before the divorce. the girl would have moved on thinking her mother was a saint. the guy would have no trust issues anymore because the betrayer was no more. and he would have gotten on with his life and murder if he was smart.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
realism

this is really well written .

the emotions are there and realistic .

criscrossincriscrossinalmost 7 years ago
Realistic ending

Very realistic which actually happens. Appreciate your nice effort

LoejtcLoejtcalmost 7 years ago
True Foundations of a Marital Relationship

Once again FTDS presents us with an ending in his usual quality writing skills. Clear, concise, and descriptive. Additionally, his story line includes Bill's transition over about 4 years from hate/bitterness to indifference to tolerance to cautious attempts at full reconciliation as well as Sarah's belated recognition and acceptance of her total responsibly for the destruction of her marriage. This leads the reader to think that there may be reasonably happy ending to this tale.

But it is when FTDS introduces one of the more insidious, latent victims of infidelity i.e. trust, that the reader comprehends the depths of the damage to Bill's psyche that his wife's affair has caused.

It is this facet of the work that marks it as exceptional. It destroys the trite nature of make up sex as a remedy for infidelity and focuses on the long term difficulties of true reconciliation.

There was a time when Bill's trust of Sarah was infinite. But after her protracted affair and his discovery of her having anal sex in his marital bed that trust was shattered.

As Bill and Sarah attempt to rebuild a relationship and engage in sexual activities including anal sex which she always denied him, they grow closer together. But that very closeness triggers suspicions on Bill's part as to what Sarah is doing when they are not together. The closer they become the greater the suspicion. And so the death spiral begins.

In the end reconciliation can't work without a significant level of trust which Bill is now incapable of providing.

In the end both Bill and Sarah find happiness with other mates. A nice touch, but frankly I would have preferred he ended when they reluctantly recognize that reconciliation is not possible so that the reader is left to ponder the true foundations of marital relationship beyond erotic love i.e. trust, honesty, selflessness, etc. that are also victims of unfaithfulness and without which relationship is unlikely to survive.

Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What a bunch of crap!!

Leave the authors with their stories well alone you dont make them better!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thank you

I only wish you would keep writing. You finish a lot of these stories that authors have thrown away and usually make them so much better. Please keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Bullshit

I would be happy to write You a real ending, or better yet a real story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Outstanding work

It was a worthwhile ending. Doesn't always have to be a BTB.

Do consider ending more stories. Really enjoy your take on them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
A betrayal of the original

Well-written as usual but FTDS coped out of the reconciliation that was implicit in the original, turning Bill from a strong, emotionally secure man whose head ruled his feelings and who put his daughter's happiness before his own into a insecure rather emasculated shadow of his former self who couldn't get over the past.

I don't know whether the writer was following his own 'anti-cuck' agenda or whether he was bowing to the army of 'anti-cuck' lunatics who troll this site - but it was a very disappointing end and one that didn't follow the logical character progression of the original.

LA

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Well LA...

I would be interested to know how you knew the original story was going to end as a RACC. From everything I read he still had trust issues. True, the author kept going back to the kid and her wish that they would reconcile, but the story went through 9 chapters without him trusting her any more at the end than he did at the beginning. One thing though, he was as big of a pussy as I've read about in any of these stories. When he catches them together in his bed he, in effect, invites the asshole to leave his house. He doesn't even seem to get mad at his wife. No yelling, no fights or name calling. And it takes him near a year to do anything about the asshole. And then, he does nothing but make him move on where he is free to start everything all over again. Big deal. He let's the asshole continue fucking other married women and ruining several other marriages. If anything this story seemed to just wander off from lack if interested. For nothing better to do, they both end up getting married again and the story just Peter's out. Ho-hum.

Pappy7Pappy7over 5 years ago
Unlike some of the other commenters

I like most of your stuff. In this one I think you hit on the essence of how it would really work out. Not one of her apologies meant anything because she refused to confront herself on why she did it. A woman knows why she does something, even if it's "just because I can". So her inability to reconcile his doubts and the fact that sometimes the façade that she has erected crumbles a little when her true attitude about everyone but herself comes out, makes sense. She gets mad, impatient and put upon because they just can't get over it or maybe get over themselves. Still feels a little entitled to me throughout all nine of the first chapters and part of this conclusion. Mainly what we all needed, those of us who read all nine, was closure of some kind. If nothing else, sing the last chapter 8 more bars and then just quit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Fuck nooo

To even trying with the unrepentant cunt.

But when she blanes the failure of reconciliation on him by saying get your head out of your ass??!!

Never hit a woman. But I would have hocked a wad of mucous drawn from the depths of my bowels right into her smug little face.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Melo

doesn't begin to describe the drama that a few extra undamaged brain cells in charge of thinking could have saved the protagonist.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Never

I don't think trust can ever really return in a situation like this. Story was real life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Fed UP??

She destroys the trust and their lives by her year long cheating and she wants him to get his head out of his ass? And trust her? Once a cheater always a cheater. She'll soon find a smile or a touch - and she'll be seduced again! Bill is well out of it. He doesn't need a second go round! Much better than where it seemed to be headed!

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
Sooo

He made the stay or go decision much like a neurotic teenage girl might make the decision?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
@Sugna

Best comment I've ever read on this site, bar none.

phill1cphill1cover 4 years ago
bullsh!!!t

The man goes through all the healing in the previous chapters and then he becomes a whiney b!tch at the end? Just to fulfill a formula of the author?

NO.

This story was ruined, not because "wah wah, you were late..." he couldn't trust her. No, it was ruined because the guy with courage, the guy who "felt" the cheating the first time, the husband, was left out of this 'sequel' and replaced with some Casper Milquetoast afraid of the ghosts of the past.

rodryder44rodryder44over 4 years ago
Best of Both

I enjoyed your finishing this story. I do appreciate that Bill couldn't handle the trust issues no matter how hard he tried. Amazingly Bill and Sarah found other loves. Five stars.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Huh?

Why try to reconcile and I read your afterwords

She cheated for a year

No

Too long even if you don't consider any period too long

vickitvohiovickitvohioabout 4 years ago
really?

you should have left this unfinished lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Why no therapy for Bill the guy is in obvious need of speaking to a psychologist to help him get over his suspicions he needs a level of interventions but I guess that would have taken the story in a different direction and probably shortened it.

Sad ending as Bill and Sarah belonged together.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 3 years ago

Sad story ending. I thought Sarah and Bill would get back together. He should of gone for counselling... lots of it. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Trust is a fragile thing

Like a rare ceramic vase, difficult to find that perfect one, and once you smash it into tiny fragments, it's impossible to fully restore it. You might pick up the pieces and force them together with glue, but those ugly cracks, and the gaps from the tiny bits you couldn't find, are always there, catching your eye. You can try, with all your might to ignore them, but you know that they are still there. You are terrified of pouring water into it, for fear of breaking it again, so you keep it on a shelf, afraid to test it's remaining strength.

No amount of therapy would restore his trust in her. Therapy can help him accept, recover, move on, but therapy cannot create something that has been destroyed, especially something as ephemeral and fragile as trust. Therapy can only help him cope with it's loss.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You should have had the whore cheat on the new husband .

She will or is .

The truth is once a cheater , always a cheater .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story. No matter how hard he tried, how could he ever forget or get over her year of lies, deceit and blatant disrespect?! She whored herself out to another man, giving him what she had consistently denied her husband. How could he not be bitter about her deliberate betrayal?! I'm surprised he even tried!! Sad but how can he trust a liar and a cheater?! She's damaged goods and the story ends well. Good luck to her next husband,Darren. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Let me address this topic of lying.

Did any of you commenters ever lie to your parents or your friends?

If so, what does that make you? YOU ARE A LIAR. No one should ever trust you with money, a job, their hand in marriage, .... (If you claim never to have lied, good on you, but I don't believe you.)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

this one sucked!

MightyheartMightyheartalmost 3 years ago

That's a great Sequel.

Trust is like a ceramic vase.

There was an attempt at reconciliation but trust once lost can't be regained.

Sad but realistic take.

Better that he sought a life elsewhere

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

When trust is lost, can you really have a marriage? Rebuilding trust is not something that can be done overnight, over a year, or maybe ever. Even with therapy and technology, it's not easy to restore, particularly when it was an affair over months, not a one-time event. In this case, moving on was probably the best route.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Have you ever eaten chicken?? Guess you’re a monster with no conscience, A MURDERER! Fucking pathetic argument. She lied on the altar before friends, family and God, she deceived her best friend for a year. If you like being able to lie for your own benefit, then don’t get married, not as hard as you all try to make it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

His inability to forgive will haunt him on his deathbed. He settled for less then he could have known if only he could have made the leap of faith to believe in her once more. Of course, he forced Sarah to begin again as well, so at least he achieved that last measure of revenge, Perhaps that thought brought some cold comfort at the instant he saw the Reaper's scythe swing true.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This ending of a cheating story is a fine example of how difficult real reconciliation is. Real change is HARD and is a tremendous example of delayed gratification. So much work goes into lasting change and the rewards are not immediate. Rebuilding trust is hard work on the part of the cheater and guess what there's no guarantee of a reward. Repairing a relationship after infidelity is a long haul with dubious prospects but the cheater wants to you to “get over it” already because hey, they said they were sorry. Real remorse puts its money where its mouth is with a post-nup with an infidelity clause. A completely useless document if the cheater never cheats again, which of course, only the cheater has control over.

"You'll never find anyone better than me. Don't mess this up." "All you have to do is get your head out of your ass and realize I'm the best thing that ever happened to you."

Even to the bitter end Sarah was still rather delusional about herself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

We’ll you managed to make the cheating slut look virtuous while the cuckold husband tries to kiss her ass. What was that big pile of bullshit you wrote about not doing willing cuckold stories?

MasterKoteMasterKoteover 1 year ago

Not sure why the premise here isn't talked about more on this site or even elaborated on more, "trust"... Honestly, I don't believe it's because of his fragile ego as some may put it that he couldn't get over it even after all that time but this goes to show u that once the trust is gone, there's a very slim chance the cheated on spouse fully trust the cheater

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous