All Comments on 'Better Than New Ch. 03'

by coaster2

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Your work!!!

Ever since I read "I'm not Lisa", I have been slowly working my way through the rest of your submissions. I am so enthralled, that I find that I am able to get little work done during the day.

You tell a very enjoyable yarn. I am going to have to try and bring my feeble efforts up to your standard. I am going to start on a new chapter today.

ShrkDivr...

m48gunnerm48gunnerabout 13 years ago
Good Job

So good to have an interesting and entertaining series on Lit. again. I am enjoying it, guess I'll have to read some of your other submissions. Again, Thanks!

Sidney43Sidney43about 13 years ago
Good chapter

You tell a nice story. Looking forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Very good story

Ok you certainly write good and this story is excellent but sometime facing problem to understand what the dialog are actually explaining like :-

"Yeah ... I'll bet. You and Warren wouldn't be such great buddies then, would you?"

"This is bugging you, isn't it? I mean, my business relationship with Warren is eating at you. How come?"

"Aw ... don't pay any attention to me. I'm just jealous. He wouldn't give me the time of day, likely. He still carries a lot of weight in this town. It can't do you any harm to be on his good side."

we some readers not live in America and English is not our mother tongue so we less understand the local conversation. please can u wright in simple English

bruce22bruce22about 13 years ago
Fine story

To the anon,

Dialogue is often very open to misinterpretation. It is one of the high points of the present text. Work at it, it will reward you. When poetry does not easily transpose into prose I often broke my head on it. Then one day I discovered that you have to read it out loud in order to feel the poetry! There are some texts that we thought were great and when you reread them, they are not what we remembered. One interesting observation that I read some place, was that Don Quixote should be read for the first time when you are 15, then again in your early twenties, again after turning 40. Each time it will appear to be a different book, what seemed absurd before will become heartbreaking. Now that I am in my seventies I have been thinking about rereading it. The question is should I pull down the copy in English I read at the university or should I go looking for it in the original language. Many times I have read a book translated to English, then picked up a copy in French or Portuguese and discovered a whole new world....

thanks Coaster 2 for yet another fine sensitive story!

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
Bruce is right

We all had the experience in school of having to read Moby Dick. Honestly, what we all did was watch a video of the movie and crib from the Cliff Notes.

Many, many years later, I received as a gift a reprint of the original uncensored edition of Moby Dick.

After all my mature life experience I was surprised to discover how vulgar and raunchy hilarious is Melville's masterpiece.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Sale

I hope he gets a Bill of Sale before he sends her the check!

flarebel2327flarebel2327over 5 years ago
cars

Gary Cooper & Clark Gable each had 1 of those cars the frame a lone cost over 12,000 $ way back when

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Gott mit uns was german and preceded and superceded the nazis. They had their own emblems.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous