Betty's Choice

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You do, but you need to understand what you are getting yourself into. I'm only here for four more days and then I have to report in at Fort Lee. I'll be there ten weeks before I will be able to come back home and even then I don't know how long I'll have. It could be another delay in route to my next post or it could be a five or ten day leave. I have no way of knowing at this time. Can you live with a drop in relationship for my three year enlistment? I expected Betty to because she professed to love me and was even talking marriage before my enlistment. You and I don't have that deep of a connection yet."

"Maybe not, but we have four days to try and build a connection."

When I got her home she slid over next to me and gave me a kiss that turned into a half hour make out session and before I walked her to her door we made a date for that evening.

I woke up late on Monday morning. Late being seven-thirty which might not seem late to some, but it is when for the last three months every morning started at four in the morning when the barracks lights were turned on and a Sergeant yelling out "Drop your cocks and grab your socks." I had breakfast with mom and dad and after he left for work mom told me that Betty had called. I shrugged and didn't say anything.

"You need to talk to her Jack."

"Why? She was quite clear in what she told me before I left."

"Maybe she realizes that she made a mistake. Maybe once you were gone she woke up and realized what she'd given up. It won't kill you to talk to her Jack."

"Okay mom; I'll give her a call."

She got up, went over and got the phone and brought it to me. I looked at her and she said "Do it now before you talk yourself out of doing it."

"No thank you. I have a date this afternoon and I want to be in a good mood for it. I have a feeling that after talking with Betty my mood might not be all that great. I'll call her tomorrow."

I had a great time with Nancy and had another steamy make out session when I took her home. When she asked me if she would see me the next day I told her probably not and then I told her why. "I expect that I'll be in a downer of a mood and I wouldn't want to inflict it on you."

"Nonsense! It will be my job to get you back into a good mood."

If she didn't care I didn't see why I should so we made a date for the next afternoon.

I woke up at five, dressed for it and then went on a run. I put in five miles before returning home, taking a shower and then going downstairs to make myself some breakfast. Mom was in the kitchen and she told me that she had saved me some breakfast so I sat down and ate it. Mom kept looking from me to the phone and then back to me. I got the hint and told her I fully intended to talk with Betty. I finished my breakfast and picked up the phone and called Betty's house. Mom left the kitchen so my side of the call would be private. Her father answered the call and when I asked for Betty he asked whom he should say was calling. I told him.

"Why don't you leave her alone? Haven't you done enough damage? Haven't you hurt her enough?"

I lost my cool. "Fuck you old man! I didn't do a damned thing to her except ask her to understand my position and she said she couldn't be bothered. She asked me to call her and so I'm doing it. If you don't want her talking to me just hang up the phone and have it out with her. Now are you going to get her or not?!!" I heard him holler out "Betty. It's for you." Several seconds later I heard "Hello?"

"You wanted me to call so what do you want?"

"We need to meet and talk Jack."

"Why? You have obviously moved on so what is there to talk about?"

"We need to talk about us."

"There is no 'us' Betty. You ended 'us' when you flat out told me that you wouldn't wait for me. You put an exclamation point on it by the way you were when you were out with Taylor the other night."

"There is nothing going on with me and Taylor. It was just a date."

"That's not what he is telling everybody. He says that your blowjobs are the best that he has ever had."

That was a flat out lie of course, but Taylor was an asshole; I didn't like him and if I could poison his relationship with Betty I'd do it in a heartbeat.

"He is lying Jack. He never even got a kiss."

"So you say. Just another case of "He said-she said" I guess."

"Please jack; we need to talk."

"You sure that daddy will let you?"

"Piss on him."

"Okay. When and where?"

"As to when and where as soon as possible and wherever you say."

I looked at my watch and the said "The Village Inn in half an hour."

"I'll be there."

I got to the Village Inn first and I took a booth in the back. I saw Betty come in, look around, spot me and then head my way. She started to sit down beside me, but I blocked her and pointed at the other side of the table. She frowned, but moved to the other side and sat down.

"You called this meeting so get with it. Speak your piece and let's get this over with."

"Can't you lighten up just a little bit?"

"Why should I? The woman who professed to love me and who was already making wedding plans for us tells me flat out that she wasn't going to wait for me? I took it at face value and moved on."

"Okay, okay; I screwed up, but you could have taken some time and eased me into the idea instead of just dropping it on me. I was pissed and so I lashed out. I'm sorry. After you got up and walked away from me I realized what I had done. It took me a bit to work up the courage to talk to you, but by then you were already gone. I begged your mom to get you to call me. But you never did."

"I didn't see any reason to. You were quite definite when you said what you did so I took it at face value."

"I don't want us to end Jack; I really don't."

"That may be Betts, but things have changed. I've come to realize that I was being totally unrealistic to expect you to wait for the time when we could get together. As I see it there isn't any way you can spend four years at school and not get involved with others. You are too good looking not to get hit on. There isn't any way that you are not going to go out on dates and the way you took to sex with me tells me that you are not going to go four years without."

"I can do it Jack."

"No you can't Betts. The way you were comfortable with your head on Taylor's shoulder and his hands on your ass while grinding into you tells me that."

"He didn't even get a goodnight kiss Jack. It was just a date to get me out of the house."

"That's what you are saying now, but given what I saw there isn't any doubt in my mind that if I hadn't shown up the night would have ended up with the two of you on a bed."

She started to protest, but I cut her off saying "And I have to be honest here. I'm pretty sure that I can't go my whole enlistment without getting laid. It would be great if it could be with you, but the odds are pretty good that my leave times won't coincide with your college breaks. So all things considered it is probably best that it has ended between us."

"You can't mean that Jack. Okay, so there might be some rough spots, but we never planned to get married until I finished college. I will wait for you Jack."

"The problem Betts is that I don't believe you can do it. You took to sex like a baby duck takes to water. There isn't any way that you can make me believe that you won't date and eventually have sex with one of those dates. That could lead to an emotional attachment that could lead to God only knows what and I don't want to be sitting somewhere a year or two from now reading a Dear John letter. Best we just let it go now."

"No Jack; I won't let it go. I'll give you that I might not be able to go without sex for the time you are gone. In fact I have come pretty close to it since you left, but I can wait for you. I will not get emotionally involved with anyone else and if you can say the same there is no reason why we can't treat the next three years as a physical separation and not an emotional one. When you come home at the end of your enlistment we can get back together. I won't ask you about what you did while you were gone and I won't tell you about whatever I might have done. We start with a clean slate. Can you buy into that?"

I could, but I still didn't believe that she could. Still, what did I have to lose? It would happen or it wouldn't. I told Betty that I could go along with it and she smiled and said:

"Good. Let's get out of here and find a motel room where we can make up for the last three months."

She got a very pissed off look on her face when I told her that I couldn't. "I've got a date tonight with Nancy and I can't break it on such short notice."

"Why not?"

"Because I owe it to her to tell her that you and I are somewhat back together."

"Why? What business is it of hers?"

I told her what had gone on with Nancy and Betty snarled "I'll fuck that bitch up!"

"No you won't. I was the one who told her that you and I were history and things went from there. I'll see her tonight and let her know that things have changed. I'll call you in the morning and we will see what we can work out for my last two days here."

She didn't like it, but in the end she realized I wasn't going to change my mind and she had to accept it.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

My date with Nancy didn't go anything like I had expected. It was just supposed to be a dinner and a movie date, but we never made it to the movie.

We got to Tricocci's, sat down and placed our order and while we waited for it I told Nancy about my meeting with Betty. She listened to me and then asked "Think she can do it?"

"To be honest? No. I don't think she can, but I don't lose anything in giving it a try. I can do it easy enough because I won't have the time to get involved emotionally with anyone else. You can't make much happen on a three day pass or an occasional weekend off base. I won't have anywhere near the opportunities she will have. In fact you are the one who told me that she was young and wasn't going to live like a nun."

"So I'm not going to get my chance at you?"

"I still don't understand why you think I'm worth taking a chance on, but in all honesty there isn't enough time for us to get anything going. I'm only here for two more days and then I'll be gone again for at least the three months it will take to finish the course at Fort Lee. Even then I'm not sure that I'll be able to come back. I might get sent on to my next assignment without being able to get home. Add to that the fact that you are in the same boat as Betty. You are not going to sit around and wait. You are young and you are going to want to do exactly what you told me Betty was going to want to do."

Just then our meals came and we ate in silence. Nancy passed on dessert and when we left and were walking to the car she said "I don't feel like seeing a movie. Just take me home."

The ride to her house was silent and I was mentally kicking myself for not waiting until the end of the date to tell Nancy about my meeting with Betty. When I got her home I walked her to her door and I was not surprised when she didn't try to kiss me on the cheek. The surprise came when she asked me to come in.

I followed her into the house guessing that she wanted to talk, but I was wrong. She told me to have a seat on the couch while she went and got us some beers. I wondered how her parents were going to act when they found out she was getting into their beer, but that thought died a quick death when she came back into the living room. She had a beer in each hand, but she was naked except for her thigh high nylons and her four inch 'Come Fuck Me' heels. She smiled as she saw the look on my face.

"Don't sweat it Jack. My parents are in Las Vegas for the week. It is just you and me here and I intend to give you a good reason to think of me while you are gone and a good reason to want to get back to me." She handed me a beer and said "Here; drink this while I attend to the business at hand."

I took the beer and she went to her knees in front of me and began untying my shoes and then pulling them off of me and pulled my socks off. Next she undid my belt, unzipped me and pulled my trousers down along with my boxers. When the boxers hit the floor 'one eyed jack' was standing tall and pointed right at her face. She leaned forward and with her mouth only an inch or so from 'ole one eye' she said:

"You'll have to do the shirt because I'm going to be otherwise occupied" and then she took my cock in her mouth. Since I was already as hard as I was going to get she only sucked on it for a minute or so and then she stood up and said "This way to the bedroom" and like a good little puppy I followed along behind her.

What followed was as good a night of sex as any man could have wished for. Missionary, cowgirl, doggie and some sixty-nine. She got four times out of me that night and that was one more than I'd ever done up to that point in my life. Nancy cuddled up next to me and I fell into an exhausted sleep.

I woke up in the morning to the smell of coffee. I got up, put on my boxers and made my way to the kitchen. Nancy was there and all she had on was an apron. "Morning sunshine" she said as I walked into the kitchen. "I was just about to go in and wake you up. Too bad you are up because I think that you would really like the way I would have done it."

"I could go back and pretend to be asleep."

"Maybe later. You are up and the coffee is hot. Cups are in the cupboard to your left and cream and sugar is on the table."

I got a cup, filled it and then sat down at the table. I didn't know what to say and the silence was a bit awkward for a bit, but while I didn't know what to say Nancy did.

"I know that last night was kind of sudden, but it was something that I planned to do after a couple of dates and before you left. After talking to you at the restaurant I figured that there weren't going to be any more dates so I sped up the program. I wanted to make sure that you knew that you had options if things don't work out Betty. I know you don't think she can wait for you, but from what you said you are willing to give her a chance.

"I'm not going to lie to you. I like sex too much to go three years without and I know that you won't go three years without either, but I do have a pretty good handle on me. I know that regardless of who I might spend some sheet time with I'm not going to get into a long term relationship until I am out of college and working. That's three and a half years and you will be home in three. That will give us plenty of time to build something. That said I want one more time before I let Betty have you for the rest of the time you are here."

I smiled and said "Lead the way." She might have only wanted one more time, but she got two out of me.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

I called Betty and set up a date with her for that evening. My plan was to mirror the previous evening and do dinner and a show. That plan died as soon as Betty got into the car. She didn't bother asking what I had planned; she just looked at me and said:

"Motel. Now! I'm not wasting a minute of the time we have left before you have to leave."

Was it rotten of me to be balls deep in Betty less than six hours after pulling out of Nancy? I'd have to say yes to that, but in my defense I loved Betty and I really did hope we could survive the next three and a half years so I needed to do what I needed to do and what I needed to do was get her into the mindset that I was willing to turn a blind eye on what she might do and the easiest way to do that was to give her what she wanted. I do have to say that giving her what she wanted wasn't all that distasteful a chore. I was worried that I might not be able to do Betty justice given what I had done with Nancy. Betty only got two out of me, but there were both long and she got off enough times that she didn't question my performance.

We fell asleep in each other's arms. Betty still was draped over me when I woke up. I looked over at the clock and saw what time it was and then went into a full blown panic. I shook Betty to wake her and when she was awake I jumped out of the bed and started grabbing my clothes.

"Hurry up Betts. I've got to get you home before your parents call the cops."

"Relax lover. They think I'm at a slumber party at Sally Gavin's house. They don't expect me home until noon tomorrow."

I smiled, dropped my clothes, got back on the bed and reached for her. Betty smiled back at me and reached for 'ole one eye' and then we were off to the races again. When we finished we showered - not together or it would have had us back in bed - and then we checked out went to the IHOP for breakfast.

Over French toast and bacon we made plans for the evening and I warned her that we wouldn't be able to spend the night together because I had to be at the airport at seven to catch my flight to Richmond and I need to spend a few hours with mom and dad before I left.

"Then you had best get me back to the motel because I want all I can get before you go."

It sucked having to pay full price for a room we would only use for five hours, but in the long run I got more than my money's worth out of the deal. When I dropped Betty off at her house we had a tearful farewell and promised to write to each other regularly.

I spent a quiet night with my parents and around eight o'clock I called Nancy. I told her that I would like to keep in touch and she said that she had hoped I would and she gave me her address. Why would I do that? Because I wasn't brain dead. I knew that the odds were against Betty being there for me when I came home and as Nancy had said and then done she wanted to give me a good reason to think of her while I was gone and a good reason to make me want to come back to her.

Make no mistake here. Betty was my choice, but as a backup Nancy would most definitely do.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

The next three years proved me right in most of my assumptions. The Army did see to it that what time off I did get wasn't at times when I would be able to get with Betty when she had time away from school. Even though I did get thirty days of leave time a year I couldn't necessarily take it when I wanted to. I got to take it when it was convenient for the Army. For example: I applied for leave when I finished my course at Ft. Lee and the paperwork probably went into the round file next to the First Sergeant's desk. When I finished my training at Ft. Lee I was shipped off to Germany without a chance to go home.

I finished my course on a Friday, found myself on a train for New York on a Saturday where I caught a flight for Germany on Sunday. When I finished my tour in Germany I was reassigned to Korea and I was able to take some leave in conjunction with a fourteen day delay in route before reporting in at Ft. Lewis in Washington for shipment to Korea.

Both Betty and Nancy had been writing to me. Betty's letters were full of school stuff; about her classes, her roommates in the dorm and other stuff like that along with the usual "I love you, I miss you and I wish you were here." Nancy's letters contained some of the same, but also told me about some of our classmates and what was going on with them. She also shared some of her dates with me. I heard all about the losers, the assholes and the occasional nice guy she wanted to see more of and I heard all of the reasons why she ended up dumping them. What happened next was my own fault because I didn't write them and tell them I would be coming home.

I got home on a Monday a week after summer vacation ended and Betty had already gone back to school. I spent two days catching up with mom and dad and then I called Nancy who was going to the local community college. While she was glad to hear from me she told me that she wouldn't be able to see me for a while.