All Comments on 'Big Girls Don't Cry Ch. 01'

by beachbum1958

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
PhantomOpPhantomOpalmost 11 years ago

I'm looking forward to future installments. Well written, good heat, and a nice bombshell ending to the chapter.

superquad1968superquad1968almost 11 years ago
Only a 2

It only gets a 2 from me due to this guy being a total prick to the two people who raised him. They rescued him when he went away depressed. In that relationship he was a very self-centred dolt.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
another great story...

It seems that some people either won't or can't except a story dealing with real life situations. Those are the ones who are only interested in getting off. I for one like these types of stories that you can relate too. Looking forward to the next chapter and the showdown with mum. I believe I know what dad was going to say to both of them but I'll wait to see if I'm right. Most assuredly a 5 star start.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
As an adoptive parent ...

... I agree that kids should be told who their birth parents are as soon as they are old enough to understand the concept (for my daughter, it was age three). Nevertheless, the people who raise you <i>are</i> your parents in fact, no matter who contributed their genes to make you. We all come from one gene pool and there are millions of copies, at the very least, of every allele (variant gene) there is.

And the story's hot, while I'm at it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Great Start!

I am always pleased to see a new chapter from you, but when you start a new story, it's extra nice. Can't wait to see what happens in the next installment.

Les

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Narrator twice overreacted emotionally to discouraging news, once after he got his medical degree. This kind of behavior is unacceptable for a doctor, who must diagnose with an open mind.

Suspect father/grandfather is dying of lung cancer or something like that. A physician would have worked to learn more, no matter how angry they could be.

ChasBChasBalmost 11 years ago
Tangles

So, Darryl is, in some ways, an immature brat, and we might wonder what Lena sees in him, but love is often hard to understand. Still, there are several threads here, and we look to the bum-on-the-beach to untangle them in his usual expert way. Soon, I hope.

sabra16023sabra16023almost 11 years ago
Great story

Hope it gets continued. It was a great start just needs to be finished with more chapters. Thanks

jlcookiijlcookiialmost 11 years ago
nice

great job so far keep it coming

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
to Anonymous.......

To Anonymous who posted this rubbish:

"This kind of behavior is unacceptable for a doctor, who must diagnose with an open mind....A physician would have worked to learn more, no matter how angry they could be"

Perhaps this is true on your planet, or maybe America, or planet Vulcan where the rest of the robots live, everywhere else doctors tend to be human beings and are just as prey to emotions and feelings as us ordinary 'emotional' humans. How dispassionate, unaffected and 'open-minded' would you be if someone told you you were not who you thought you were, that your parents were not your parents, and they'd been lying to you your whole life?

You're a judgemental idiot, learn to ovecome it and apply to join the human race before it passes you by completely......

pegaseus69pegaseus69almost 11 years ago

Great story. I wonder what mum is willing to do to make things right with Darryl and Lena again. Looking forward to read further chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
wow

Another well written and incredibly hot story

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

awesome story .

92honeyalmond9292honeyalmond92over 10 years ago
:(

Where's the next chapter... I've gotta know what happens...

TigersmanTigersmanover 9 years ago
Another great story line

This story is another tear jerker. All the elements of a truly great novel are present. Good writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
@Superquad1968

What the fuck are you rambling on about? Who rescued whom, from what? Learn to read, you fucking numbskull

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Another American pie sissy comment, let alone reading English and writting a more realistic story. Fucking loser morons.

TJSkywindTJSkywindover 6 years ago
Complex story

The writing is really good. Only one usage error that I caught: potter instead of putter.

Some have accused Daryl of being a brat. To me, rather, he comes across as emotionally fragile - what they say in the vernacular is 'not too tightly wrapped,' and the comments that this in a physician is troubling has merit. That he finds happiness with his aunt-sister is fine, and the sex scenes were well done. He emotionally overreacts, and rather than being self-centered, I see it as an inability to cope. Even when later, he realizes how far overboard he goes, it doesn't stop him from similar behavior when another emotional challenge comes his way.

That the writer was able to convincingly portray such a troubled young man is a testament to his word skill. Hard to get invested when I keep expecting a train wreck. Still, it's great writing. Thanks for sharing. 4*

TJSkywindTJSkywindover 6 years ago
Okay...

Potter is the UK equivalent of putter, and pottered is like puttered. Didn't know that. Now I do, and stand corrected.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Self Centered Protagonist

You are an extremely talented writer and your skills shine when focusing on a character in distress, but the lead character in this story stretched credulity to the breaking point.

I forgot the name for it, but if I'm remembering correctly there is a term in drama for when a character acts in a way that he/she normally wouldn't for the sake of furthering the plot. As a reader I always find that extremely annoying. The two 'siblings' seem to be highly intelligent and very educated but neither puts it together that the father is clearly ill and they are relaying the most important information of their lives at this now? Neither wonders why and puts those two things together? Neither of them looks at the giant scales in ones life and realizes that 25 years of unconditional love and support outweighs 5 minutes of a horrible revelation, regardless of how bad the information was or how poorly it was relayed?

In spite of that, it's an excellent story and better than 90% of what's found on Literotica. It just chipped away at the integrity of the characters and that was disappointing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
RE: 'Self Centered Protagonist'

I believe people react with their gut, and go with that feeling, as the first response to such life-altering news, so no, I don't agree with your view that he should have reacted like a dispassionate, analytical robot. People are people, and they react in a whole range of ways, sometimes negatively, sometimes positively, when revelations that alter their very bedrock image of who they are are unfolded out of the blue. Darryl reacted like a scared child, because that was who he'd become when he found out that nothing in his life had been real, and that he wasn't even who he thought he was. Try and imagine that happening to you, finding out that you parents weren't your parents, and that they'd lied to you all your life; what are you going to do, put on your best 'social worker' smile and convene a meeting to discuss the implications? I think not.

kaidmankaidmanover 5 years ago
agreed with anon below me

you are correct in his strong reaction to the bad news as it was even established previously that he has a weak point where he loses his rational thinking when faced with losing his family and a major thing that upset him was learning that they raised him but didn't even try adopting him that would make anyone feel like they are not wanted

goducks1goducks1over 5 years ago
wow - unbelievably fantastic

i like this better than "In Love with lori" so far - and that's one of the best stories i've ever read on this site. hopefully its continues thru the next chapters. Heart wrenching, romantic, very erotic, sexy and Brilliant. of course 5 stars. and of course, i'd be pissed as hell if my parents told me they are frauds!!! perfect reaction!!

cnouvacnouvaover 4 years ago
Outstanding

you are absolutely great .. I love your work .. you've a great taste .. very sensual and electrifying .. dangerously hot and sexy ..

thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It pains me to read the first two sections of this skip to it just to give it a bad review you supposedly had two people read this and took the bad parts out all they should have took a lot more than that out I am usually positive never give bad reviews of this one was ugly horrible

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really enjoying this so far, hope it doesn't take a turn that will make me regret a five star rating.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userbeachbum1958@beachbum1958
A small town mid-way between Cannes and St. Tropez, on what used to be called the French Riviera. I have the Mediterranean to look at from the front of our house, a lagoon filled with flamingos at the rear, and our own stretch of beach where we keep our peace and the tourists...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories