All Comments on 'Big Head, Little Head'

by woodmanone

Sort by:
  • 54 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
At last. a fresh approach. Keep it up.

See Title. More like real life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Might be a good salesman, they both may have

degrees, but they are both dumb as hell.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
One thing wrong

he should have pressed charges & brought the frat & Bear down, by not doing so he let them continue to abuse their power. Other than that I liked it, your writing is improving.

2Xwidderwoman2Xwidderwomanalmost 15 years ago
I'm a little bit country, too.

It was a good story. For those who don't know: When the weather has been good, proper mix of rain and temperature, the cotton plants grew TALL and stong and the cotton yield was particuarly bountiful. He was happy because he was “Standin’ in tall cotton” or sometimes “Sittin’ in tall cotton” or just “In tall cotton”.

bruce22bruce22almost 15 years ago
A pleasurable read.

Some errors in digiting, but other than that an interesting and well written story that warms my icy heart...

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 15 years ago
Pretty eh-- Emily she is hideous woman

Good story ..sort of. The endng is well... CRAP. The conversation with her mnther & sister reveals a mentally disurbed woman.

<br></br>

FIRST... Emily TOTALLY Rejected him as Boyfirend /Lover. <b>Then she changes her mind about Rich but she NEVER tells him. Thus Rich has No idea about Emily's feeling and wants.</b> Showing up 3+ hrs late would ioss off ANYONE so Emily is justified at being angry with him for a few days.

<br></br>

a Year?

<br></br>

Yet Rich tried many times to apologize and talk to Emily. Again she shut him down.

<br></br>

for a year.

<br></br>

The final scene at the Bar/dance club is very damaging. WHEN did Emily's feeling towards Rich change?

<br></br>

<b> IF Emily fell in love with Rich BEFORE Rich met that Redhead then why didnt she tell him?</b> It seems that is one of those types of woman that thinks it is the man's/ husband's job to be able to read her mind. She felt NO moral obligation to tell Rich. He should Just "know" somehow.

<br></br>

OK maybe she was just furiously angry. I can see that. Dont agree with that but I see it.

<br></br>

<b>For a year?!?!!? </b> Rich didnt kiss the redhead babe. He didnt fuck her.

<br></br>

SECOND... <b>lets assume Emily's feelings towards Rich changed AFTER they had that fight. That means for a year she knew Rich was desperately trying to reach her. Yet now she did want him and yet she punished herself and Rich for a year.</b>

<br></br>

a whole fucking year.

<br></br>

Sorry folks emily is god dam fucking nut case. Run Rich run.

nyminusnyminusalmost 15 years ago
Hey Woodmanone I thought the story was

refreshing. Don't pay any attention to the other commenters. First Harry is full of shit and if he don't like what I say then he can contact me. I would love to contact him...as in contact sports. The others are just as bad. The one who is the spelling and grammar expert is nothing but an anal retentive asshole that hasn't a clue. Keep writing and ignore the assholes. They don't know shit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
could have been good.....

I'm quite sure that you should find a quiet bookstore and buy yourself a dictionary. (Not a spellcheck device, a dictionary.) And use it frequently, very frequently.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Excellent story

And Who really cares about the odd spelling mistake,it is a story and not an Examination Essay.Was interested in HIV's comment on metal illness,but I suppose it takes one to know one!!Please keep writing,this site desperately needs good authors.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 15 years ago
Great Story!

Harry's comments about Emily are correct but Harry missed the point - that is the way women are. They don't say what they mean or mean what they say - but not all the time, only sometimes. WMO understands this, which is the point of the story and what makes it interesting and fun. The only way we men can deal with this is to do what Rich did - hit it head on and completely honestly and let the chips fall where they may. Plus the revenge on Janet ("karma") was fabulous. Great story!

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioalmost 15 years ago
Not bad, but wrong category.

Aside from the technical issues, it was an entertaining story. But I think the Romance category would fit this better. The protagonists were not married until the very final part of the story, and there was no theme in this that would fit the LW category, IMO. I would have liked to see "Bear" get his comeuppance but maybe in a sequel? Please keep writing.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 15 years ago
NYMINUS read to read asshole

I did not say I did not like the story. I said I had issues with Emily's actions.

<br></br>

But beyond that I am a far better reviewer than you are. Whether you agree with me or NOT I did go into great detail about the story and carefully laid out my argument.

<br></br>

all you did was say "Harry is full of shit".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Total idiot!!

I have read one or two of your stories and thought they were very well written. I cannot say the same thing about this one. I gave up on this story about 2/3 of the way through when brain dead Rich was hours late for his celebration date with Emily and had obviously had a few. considering the fact that he was hours late and half dressed for his first date I kind of gave up on him especialy after his rude,"shut up"to Emily when she berated him. I've gotten used to stupid ,drunk males and females on Literotica but when they are also arrogant and rude I stop reading.

the Ct. Yankee

dangerouslydeaddangerouslydeadalmost 15 years ago
Wonderful

A nice soft story that had some value to it. I loved the lead characters. Look forward to more stories from you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Rich is an idiot who deserves to have his ass

beaten. The only redeeming character is Janet, at least she doesn't make a big deal out of going for what she wants. Guy rules state that no guy will be more than 5 minutes late to meet his buddies, he was 3 hours? Emily had good reason to kick him to the curb. If he had feelings for her then why was he canoodling in the back seat with a red head, if he didn't have feelings for her then why was he obessing over Emily? Too many inconsistencies

JADED_ONE1969JADED_ONE1969almost 15 years ago
Nice story Woodman.

A Writer should always write a story as he or she wants to. It doesn't really matter want most of us readers say. Take the compliments and take the constructive comments even take on board what Harry and others say. But if you are happy with a story then stick with it. This story as you said could have been in the Romance section it was a happy ending after all. Anyway well written story that is far better than most stories in this section. Keep writing and doing what you want to write about.

Regards

GW

Risq_001Risq_001almost 15 years ago
Personally I liked it (^_^)

<p>This story has more of a "ring of truth" to it than some stories</p>

<p>Most of the time I view a story as what it is, a story. But sometimes the story hit home and reminds me of something that happened to me or I witnessed.</p>

<p>I saw Emily's character as believable, because before I was married I had a girl I was good friends with too. </p>

<p>She even sat me up on a date once with a girl who I thought was cute. And after she found out I was getting married she looked at me really sad and said "I always thought we'd be together and I was always waiting my turn". And I've not ever talked to her since then. She moved away about a year after I got married. To this day I still think "What the heck". If she had said something at the time we might have been a couple, or at least tried it. I always thought she was cute. But she always said that we were only good friends, so I just treated her as one so I wouldn't lose her as a friend.</p>

<p>So I can see Emily's actions as being believable. Sometimes the ladies expect men to figure them out by their actions, and men have no idea of how they think so are clueless to what they are expected to do. And this story really fits it. (^_^)</p>

<p>Oh, nice revenge on Janet. Too bad Bear got away though >=)</p>

-Risq

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Well done

Wodmanone is a very good writer. I found that I relate to this story, as well as another of his stories I recently read. Occurrences and situations he describes, I felt, related to me somehow, someway, which I don't thoroughly understand. Enjoyable story. Keep up you story writing. RAG

OleTroubadorOleTroubadoralmost 15 years ago
YES!

An enjoyable read. If others want it to be different, they should write their own, and read their own critiques.

SilverWolf78754SilverWolf78754about 14 years ago
The point is...

Emily and Rich were still young and learning how to be adults. At least they both learned from their immaturity and grew up. Most of us have to go through some hard times to learn what is important in life.

Wine is a mocker, Strong drink is a brawler, And whoever is led astray by it is not wise.

HagarTheHorribleHagarTheHorriblealmost 14 years ago
Let me get this straight...

The hero gets pissed at Bear for always using the "I was drunk" excuse, but when he royally screws up, all he has to say is "It's the Big Head, Little Head scenario." I know these are young people, but that kind of pissed me off.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Oh hagar, I just read your comment. You are not all there in the head, are you?

Or perhaps you are one of those bloody foreiners whom "think" you can speak or understand English.

Well,let me assure you,you do NOT.

Mandy01Mandy01about 13 years ago
Good read, no matter what category it’s in.

I will say that an editor is essential though, I found dozens of mistakes that could easily be picked up just by having a second person reviewing the story. That said it was a good plot and you got into the character heads.

Harry, nymimus might have been out of order saying you're full of shit, but that doesn’t mean he’s not right. You judge everyone with your set of morals of values. For example, you can’t judge which wild cat is better, Lion or Cheetah. They are both magnificent cats but they are worlds apart if you try to use the same formula to judge their attributes. The Lion is bigger, the Cheetah is faster, they are both dangerous to be around.

Same with male and female thinking, they’re worlds apart and you can’t say that Emily’s thinking was wrong because you use male logic to try and reason out her motives. If you read the story instead of playing tiddly winks, then you’d see Emily is a shy person who finds it hard to open up to people. She was hurt by Rich’s announcement that he was late because of another woman; it then went to making her more introverted.

The author painted her this way and she has to be judged by her way of thinking, not by the values of some lunatic sitting on a commode wiping his arse all the time. If she was portrayed as a person like Janet and she did the same thing then I’d agree with you, but she wasn’t confident or outgoing. I get the feeling your computer chair has a hole in it with a bucket underneath so you don’t have to traipse to the toilet every two seconds.

Ohhh and Hagar, I think Rich realised he wasn't any different from bear when he drank, different outcomes but the same loss of control, so he gave up drinking. I see nothing wrong with this line of thinking; it was a good demonstration on the perils of too much alcohol affecting the mental process.

Good work Woodmanone.

Amanda

norcal62norcal62about 13 years ago
Ditto on editing needed.

Spoils the story when there are so many errors in the telling.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307almost 13 years ago
Forget the editor..... get a proof reader

This was a nice little story, perhaps a tiny bit disjointed, but don't get an editor, get a proof reader to correct grammar, spelling and the proper use of words (eg. when to use to or too, there, their, or they're, etc., etc.). I've seen too many author's writing (sorry, Slirpuff) fall way of by over-editing.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 12 years ago
The benefits of growing up !

Very nicely done - well executed story -

But I do agree with those who have commented you need proofreading and context editing help - the site has folks who volunteer their time to do that sort of work you might want to take advantage of that -

Your stories would be even better reads -

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago
The story doesn't feel right.

Too many things conflict. Regardless, it is good enough that I rated it 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Nicely done

Good story, excellent repartee and just the right length .

wonder203wonder203over 10 years ago
Not a bad story

The ending was tripe especially the last line. You need at least someone else to proof read your stuff and give you some help.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Complete and utter bullshit

I think Emily gets up and leaves the minute he shows up at the bar. I think her Mother and sister follow and that's the end of it. She never forgave him. He was and is an asshole. No way in hell she sits there and lets him embarrass her. He is a complete and total prick and doesn't deserve a decent woman. No stars for this garbage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
It is what it is...

a cute funny and romantic story. I am amazed at readers who seem to know more than an author about their characters and "reality" of the stories, and those who want every short story to be more. I know this, that I enjoyed it. That is enough.

Well done.

M

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Big Head

I really enjoyed this story. You are a good writer. very well done.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Liked It... A Lot

A very good story. A solid, nothing over the top story about life, love and growth.

I am glad you posted it to LW, because I would have missed it otherwise.

Sits at 5 Stars with me. Well done Woodmanone. Well done.

PeteCedarPeteCedarover 8 years ago
Loved her?

But was screwing a redhead in his car and was late picking her up. She loves him but won't tell him and is upset about the girl. They are both dumber than a box of hammers. Good story premise, but god awful characters. And 'Bear' is dumber than either of them. I just kept getting sidetracked listening to these two morons.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Good Story!

A little slow in parts, but I could not figure what would happen next. Good ending! A 4.5, but I gave it a 5.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Nice romance.

Liked it.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Thoughts

Yeah I could definitely see this happening for a mid/late 70's college guy.

Anon 6/3 file charges. Wasn't done in those days. Only a pussy would have done that back then. It was just the culture. Maybe still is. Now if he'd broken bones etc perhaps but just an ass whipping that needed time to get over? File charges on that and you might as well have started wearing a skirt as far as all the other guys were concerned. I wasn't king and didn't set the culture. Just telling you how it was.

Widder, I heard it as shitting in tall cotton but maybe that says more about the people I ran with vs the people a lady such as yourself ran with. ;)

HIV, you are one of those guys who would have filed charges aren't you?

Anon 6/4 Rich idiot, hard to know where to start on this comment. Just too much stupidity to unpack.

Risq-yeah, exactly.

Hagar, yeah, just glad facebook wasn't around to record all the stupid shit we said and did back then.

Anon 1/13 yeah all the stupid shit in these comments and you pick Hagar to go after? WTF?

Pete, well hell yeah. Were you born 40 and never young and foolish?

Damn good story. Read like a true autobiography. Felt like the mid 70's to me.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Another

Another good one. I really enjoy your writing. Nothing like a little light romance for a change.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
"Don't I get a chance at a rebuttal," Emily asked?

Sure, its been a year since you would let me talk to you, so now I'll ignore you for a year, and we can meet up back here a year from now for your response

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
What a Moron

He’s three hours late picking Emily up and can’t understand why she’s pissed? He’s an idiot too. Hell, I’m a guy and if he was three hours late picking me up I’d be pissed too. And if we were any kind of friends at all, we wouldn’t be after that. Life’s too short to have to put up with irresponsible people.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Men are dumb

When it comes to understanding women.

That's because men are logical, and are generally straight with people when saying what we mean. When you tell us something, we usually take you on your word. We are, for the most part, direct. (This is in general communication when people arent lying to each other intentionally)

Women don't do logic. They go with emotion, right or wrong, go with how you feel. That's fine. Men do it too sometimes. The problem comes with the fact that when men go with emotion, there's just one at a time, so our actions are predictable. Women on the other hand, can go with multiple emotions at once, some conflicting, and that makes perfect sense to them, but makes them completely unpredictable to men. Women may tell us one thing, while feeling and meaning another thing, but men's brains are hardwired to take you at what you say. That's fine when women talk to each other, because women have an other language that men simply don't: Body Language. Women are masters at reading body language, so can say one thing to each other while meaning something else, and other women get that. Men only read body language minimally. Anything else and we are lost. That's why most women can read a guy like a book without him opening his mouth, but to a man, if you don't say anything, then you don't say anything.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Re: Anon 10/14/20

Can't disagree with a thing you said. Now I have to say the author in this story was one stupid son of bitch, I can recognize that since I've been there more than once. Other than that I hope the author was at least smart enough to marry this one in real life. Oh, and good job with the payback on Janet. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Quite frankly it was obvious what was going to happen. Here is hoping you grew up.

Adolescent men. Absolutely clueless. No offense (well not really) frat boys are worse.

BeBopper99BeBopper99about 3 years ago

2* After reading a few of your so-called stories, I have come to the conclusion that your main male characters have the depth and maturity of an alcoholic, bipolar 14-year old.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Hey, how often is it said, "If you don't like these stories, don't read them. Find something that suits your taste!" There is no need to castigate an author, just because the plot doesn't suit you. Abandon the story. Rich falls short but the story is saved by the ending. Not one of your best, Woody but it's your world. Keep going.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Enough grammatical, spelling, and tense errors to make it almost unreadable. It makes me wonder about education and age.

Rainman80Rainman80over 2 years ago

Good story. Don't listen to those anomymous people who look for errors and miss the story! Write more stories!!

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Grammatical errors don't distract from a very good story.

bobareenobobareenoalmost 2 years ago

The big head little head theory wasn’t original nor worth constant repetition. A multitude of misspellings and grammatical errors disrupted the flow while I was reading. It was a pleasant tale, but not very moving.

DFWBeastDFWBeastover 1 year ago

Thanks Woody! Thoroughly enjoyed the reread.

Killian

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Only real problem with the story is that the writer doesn’t know the difference between the words quite and quiet.

octo54octo54over 1 year ago

I have read a few of your stories now and have concluded that even without the descriptive sex scenes the stories have been very enjoyable! You get a lot of comments about grammer and incorrect usage of some words. I am inteligent enough to just skip over the mistakes and know the intended use. Dont get me wrong an editor would help but even edited stories have the same mistakes as yours. Look forward to sampling more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I remember Comuserve very well, LOL…and Novell networks.

Ancient history…good times, bad times

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Sure needs a second closer reading.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwoodmanone@woodmanone
I believe age and cunning will overcome youth and enthusiasm every time. Being some what of an egomaniac I believe my stories are very interesting. Only the readers can verify or disprove that premise. Several of my stories are based on my own experience or most have a little ...

SIMILAR Stories

If I Fell 
4.72
534
429
Requital 
4.49
1.5k
1.1k
Irish Eyes 
4.82
3.5k
790
Sales Team 
4.83
3.9k
863
More Stories