All Comments on 'BigBear'

by TxRad

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Dam!! Not Damn!

Geesh, you lost me in your first 5 grammatical and spelling errors and if this was a romantic tale to you. you must be a horny 16 year old guy with no understanding of a woman's perspective.

Lady_SilverLady_Silveralmost 17 years ago
Disagree strongly with last

I had a completely different experience from the last comment. Yes, the grammatical errors were there and I had a very strict English teacher growing up who instilled a "cringe factor" in me -- though I'm certainly not above such errors myself. The story, however, was so wonderful that I was able to easily slide over the grammatical stuff. I loved the love making, the exploration, the freedom and wonderful evolution of "self" in Ruth. I also appreciated the courage of both characters to explore what was between them without a care for what "should or should not" be done or other stiffling societal conventions. The story was quite refreshing, loving, and inspirational on a number of levels. Thank you so much.

roseNthornsroseNthornsalmost 17 years ago
nice

Very nice love story, I liked it alot, with or without grammatical errors.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Well written

It's an excellant well rounded story. However, as the story unfolded the subtle descriptions disappeared. Thats the only thing i missed, but i still liked it all.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Very enjoyable

I enjyoyed the verbal game playing and sparring.

Well written with some grammatical errors, but then who cares when things work out well.

rgraham666rgraham666almost 17 years ago
Nice

A hot and sweet little love story.

Nicely done, Tx.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
I'm on my soap box.....

The thing I like best about your work (most of it anyway) is your apparent love for woman and it shows through the written word. Most of the stories at this web site are about violence and the degradation of woman or other human beings. You write a lot about mutually satisfing hot sex between consenting adults with an old fashioned southern sensibility. I don't notice errors because I'm involed in the excitement of the story. Geez, the way some people complain you'd think it was a dissertation. By the way, I'm impressed that you do not erase the negative comments. I've had my negative critques erased by cowardly people who do not stand by their work. Leighlilly

XantuXantuover 16 years ago
Dam that was fun to read

Personally I don't give a dam if there are a few errors, its the pictures that you paint that are important. Read this one as the sun came up. Left me feeling happy and optimistic. Great way to start a day. Xantu

WoodButcher57WoodButcher57over 15 years ago
To 06/10/07 Anonymous

Dam!!! Not Damn, you must be a grade school level reader, meaning you read each and every word. Most folks read the first few words to get the jest of the sentence and move on. Mine/your minds eye sees the missed spelled word, corrects it, then moves on. The only exception to this rule is that you're an English Lit. professor, where you've trained yourself to watch out for sentence structure and such, to find it necessary to correct others. You know, you need to get over that/this and get yourself a cup of coffee or tea and just enjoy the story. If you can't do this, you need to get off this sight, find a good hard back, where they've made all the corrections for you, because this is an amature sight, you know and not one of your top ten novels, or write yourself. Normally I would not waste pixal space to make a comment on an anonymous commenter, because if you're not man/woman enough to sign your work, you're not worth the time for me to read it. Anonymous should not be allowed anyway. To TxRad; keep it up man ;) you do good.

JeffTomJeffTomalmost 13 years ago
Sorry

I did not like this story. (not my cup of tie)

So I did not rate it. I like stories about peoples lifes very little sex. But I want to thank you for sharing with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Oh i love this story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
word selection

First let me say it is a very good read, and reflects well on your ability as a writer.

Having said that, there is a recurring word selection problem that interrupts the flow.

You use the word "defiantly" in a context that seems consistently inappropriate for the context. I think the word you are searching for is "definitely", which, in almost every case, is consistent with the context and flow. Look back at your writing, I think you will agree with me.

Which raises another question to my mind; is English a second language to you. It certainly seems you are very comfortable with it, both colloquially and idiomatically.

My earlier point is a minor one, but I think anything that disturbs flow detracts from the read.

All in all a very good job.

RI

Tim413Tim413almost 11 years ago
A very good story. 5 stars.

But I have noticed bad grammar spoken by your intelligent characters in many stories. In this story, bad grammar by a genius.

talldarkfellowtalldarkfellowover 10 years ago
Lovely story, tiny problems.

I enjoyed the later in life transition of Ruth to a sexually adventurous woman. I also loved the picturesque descriptive language you employed; it sets the scene so vividly.

I may just be a fussy old English lit major, but the few misspellings (quite for quit, etc), did bug me a little. It's like seeing a smudge on a beautiful painting or a crack in a great sculpture. To me, anyway.

Second, I'm a stickler for anachronisms. Items and concepts out of their time. If I read correctly, the story takes place in 1971. I don't think there were cruise control mechanisms on cars back then. And, while a female scientist in missle development back then is certainly possible, the idea that she would be working at a think tank at 20 (and that a 16-year-old boy would be working there for her to have an affair with at the time!) is just too bizarre to believe. I could certainly believe she and he were in college at the same time; with him a genius in an accelerated progam. Simple fix.

Minor quibbles for a very sexy and heart-warming story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

I agree with the two prior comments, especially about the mis-spellings:

"quite" should have been "quit"

"damm" should have been "dam"

"Macdonald's" should have been "McDonald's"

"trucks" should have been "truck's"

You're too good a writer to have these kinds of things which detract from the continuity and explicitness of your very well written and imaginative story.

I did think that your story was too long, It should have been in chapters. The only reason that I kept reading it was to try to find out how it ended.

That being said: I don't know how a woman like Ruth, who hasn't seen any current spy pictures, and probably didn't read John Le Carre, could determine how to "slip a tail."

Keep writing, and get somebody to edit your stories.

SampkyangSampkyangover 8 years ago
About the sex

I gave you a 5 because your a very good writer, BUT romance is NOT about sex. Erotic couplings is about SEX not romance. so romance is not your cup of tea, but it could be if you discover love/sex/romance is sooo much more. You write well enough to do it with the best of the best.....I'm thinking you know very little about true love and even less about romance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Too much.......

........ fucking and not enough plot.

tophat827tophat827over 7 years ago
best one yet

one of the best to date. plus it's one of the many things i would love to have done, but never got around to do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
true fiction?

I find myself thinking this could be one of those tales that is closer to life than mere fiction

The infamous Anonymous

Decal_lastDecal_lastover 5 years ago
Like a nice soft curveball. Homerun

Very enjoyable. Much more realistic than many. Kudos for an excellent tale (tail?).

The_PedantThe_Pedantabout 5 years ago
Too much sex and not enough plot.

You rely on a spell checker, too. Quite a few correctly spelled words, but with the wrong meaning in their context..

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I like the story

I like the story yes it could possibly be a factual story but we have to remember that it was written for our enjoyment as far as the grammar I concentrated on the story. Maybe you will write up a follow up story. That would be I think. 5stars I really enjoyed it. Most did not see it for what it is j a woman sheltered most of her adult life realizing there is more to life than being kept away from the real world.

Buddy1945 aka Ron

goodshoes2goodshoes2over 1 year ago

I have just come across your writings. Trying to catch up over the next period of time.

Damn, I certainly do enjoy your stories regardless of the category. Seems like each one is my new favorite.

So---just please keep up the great work.

Falstaff60Falstaff6010 months ago

Loved the story especially the included romance aspect. There was a lot of sex and sexual exploration, but I didn't feel it was too much considering the circumstances of the characters lives and necessity. I really liked it that at the end of the day (or story) the main characters found a way to be together.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTxRad@TxRad
75 year old guy that worked in the oil fields of Texas for 41 years and writes because he has to..... Nudist, loves the outdoors, ex stock car racer, likes to have fun... If you're not happy then you're doing something wrong...

SIMILAR Stories