All Comments on 'Blasphemia Ch. 05'

by NathanRavenwood

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
Deep SoakerDeep Soakerabout 6 years ago
Corruption or just debauchery

Your major characters seem to be developing nicely, although some are still two dimensional and minor characters are little more than brief and forgettable mentions.

Theologically, I wonder about branding innocents and then having them become sexual thralls. That seems more about mind control and not about corrupting, or changing them. Of course, Nico and Filia might say they were changing them for the better and opening them to new options, but that does not hold water if they have no choice in what happens.

Dean McGarvey was seduced and had choice before he was branded. So was Jennifer. Those were more interesting aspects of the story, although Judith is adding interest also.

Also, there is a small plot hole that the latest rune passes from one thrall to unbranded people by touch, and those thralls touch Lily, but Lily remains unmarked. This can be fixed through giving her some immunity not available to the others. Her interest in the occult may have provided an immunizing effect at some point, and she does have the pendant.

Please continue. I am interested in what will happen with/to your characters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
good use of spanner in the works

The way you had the pair not fully control Judith gave me a reason to keep reading this story. Keep it up!

P.S. hope light wins

P.S.S. if you wouldn't expand her further, pls kill Lily. I find her unlikeable so far (just a suggestion)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous