All Comments on 'Blind Date'

by Ironiclaconic

Sort by:
  • 101 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A gem

Completely predictable, and utterly charming.

reader1000reader1000over 9 years ago
Not at all surprising

But delightful and VERY well done. What fun.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wonderful

We could see the destination early on, but the real fun was in how we got there. Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
OMG

Wonderful, hilarious dialog.

VWC10VWC10over 9 years ago
Brilliant

Sublime !

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Tried too hard to be funny...

...and it didn't work. "CSI:Dubuque"? Seriously? Started with a good idea, but too cute by half. I got tired of the dialogue before I finished the first page. Too bad.

ariesgirlariesgirlover 9 years ago

I almost had to pull out a dictionary and Google just to keep up with their conversations in the first part of the story. They were seriously in geek mode.

Both were idiots. It took them the long way around to finally get it together but it worked in an almost comical way for them.

m48gunnerm48gunnerover 9 years ago
Fun

Fun story, thanks!

FormerReaderFormerReaderover 9 years ago
Loved it

This is the best story I have read on Lit in a long while. Romantic, funny, and hot.

I hope you keep writing. Geek myself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great story..

Even though you could see the ending coming over the horizon like an out of controll Mack truck it didnt matter because it was well written

huntredhuntredover 9 years ago
I Love you O! faceless author

It was a lite story just like I like it. Wish it could've been a little longer. Very good humour and erotic sexual scene description too. Loved it...... Dig your brain for more ideas like this.

mmgoode69mmgoode69over 9 years ago
Dialogue-ishly delicious!

It was well-written, funny, sexy and hot. Thanks for showing us how to build the exposition into the conversation and let the characters do the heavy lifting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Best story on Literotica

This conversation between the two characters reminds me of the banter between "Kate and Petrucio" in a modernized Shakespear Taming of the Shrew.

WELL DONE! You got a "5"!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Five times five

stars, that is. Just about the best written story by a long long mile. Excellent.

gordo12gordo12over 9 years ago
Excellent

I always have trouble with stories that have over the top witty dialogue but this one was well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
wonderful

A great story with an unusual story line.

I loved the interplay between the individuals and the occasional bits of humor.

Sure wish you would write more of this type of story.

Keep up the good work!

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
Thank for an intelligent and stimulating experience

Brilliantly written. The satirical references to novels, movies, and TV shows, were hilarious. I kept wondering how you were going to resolve the dilemma the situational comedy was creating. You held off till the last minute and did it with finesse. Mixed in among the verbal jabs, put downs, and self deprecation, were nuggets of sexual energy that kept it all stirred together. Thanks for the stimulating wordplay. (yes, I read your biography)

Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
fun

More than a little over the top but lots of campy fun!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Brilliant!

The other comments say it all. Pray continue. One caveat: it's a "chaise longue".

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

This is absolutely terrific. Never read anything as good as this. I was so riveted by it. How the dialogues flowed, the pace of the story. It's fun, awesomely written and sexy all at the same time. Great job!

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
Blued my mind!

Very, very funny with erotic humor and indefatigable prose. You took an obvious cliche and imagineered it into impressive romantic comedy.

And don't sweat the complaints. You should see the death-threats I get for my stories. As I gleefully abuse the dead religion of Academic English with polyslillyabic word play.

HeadguyHeadguyover 9 years ago
Great idea...

But it went on too long. That said, I read the whole story :-)

shaman43shaman43over 9 years ago
Great

and not too long. Loved the dialogue that is so hard to write. Many pithy homilies about love in here. Having my wife read it and putting several of the comments in my quotation file. Some so deep. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Masterful!

A rare example of very good, intelligent, witty, and extremely sexy and erotic imagery, it engaged all of the erogenous zones and organs of the reader, including the most erogenous of all, the brain... bravo! What's next?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Stellar!

Absolutely loved it. The dialogue was sharp, the writing sleek.

hellsentguyhellsentguyover 9 years ago
First Class

It was obvious from the beginning but not following through was not possible. Had to read it all. Cute and funny and I think, for a lot of people, a fantasy. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Amazing

I really loved this story. Literary erotica, who knew!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
This has to win the V day contest, hands down!

This has to win the V day contest, hands down!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Fantastic!

Hands down one of the greatest reads I've had on this site. Truly an engaging tale, well versed and highly erotic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

This is the best story I have read on this site.

virtualatheistvirtualatheistover 9 years ago
Fantastic!!!

Without a doubt the funniest, most delightful, romantic and charming story I have read so far. Take a big 5*

FirstJayFirstJayover 9 years ago
Yes!

Fan-freaking-tastic!

h4751h4751over 9 years ago
Wonderful

Absolutely fantastic. So funny. Great characters. Do it again....PLEASE

IroniclaconicIroniclaconicover 9 years agoAuthor
Note from the author

Thanks for all the kind feedback!

This was a fun one to write. I initially conceived of it as a plot twist story but almost discarded the idea as the reader would see the twist coming. Then it occurred to me to make that the joke -- that it was obvious as hell except to the guy. But he would have to be a special kind of guy. Meet Jeff.

If you liked this one, I strongly recommend my two "Word" stories, which are similar dialogue-heavy romances featuring two people that almost outsmart themselves.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Outstanding

This was such a cute, sexy, real story! So much fun to read! Great job!

shareher4funshareher4funover 9 years ago
Fun, fun, fun!

What a hoot, you had me reliving my first love because we were like that together!

I enjoyed reading your story. Well done!

BoldVultureBoldVultureover 9 years ago
How could someone so smart be so dense ...?

Yes. I loved this story. 5 stars isn't enough.

I found myself wondering (about halfway through) whether Jeff wasn't really dense but that dense was his play.

Maybe I still wonder ...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good, Very good

Nice writing, good dialogue, funny, in a much less crass way than many of these stories tend to be.

Only criticism- unrealistically perfect female character; she was literally too good to be true. I understand if it was a stylistic thing but the point still stands

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerabout 9 years ago
WONDERFUL STORY

Best I've ever read using only dialogue. It is inspiring, so much so that I have to try putting much more in my stories. Good Luck!

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 9 years ago
Could not get into it

I couldn't get past the first few paragraphs as the guy was just to egotistical.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I'm glad you keep contributing.

I'm glad you keep contributing stories. Not just because the sex in them is great but because the stories and the words you use to craft them are great too. Yeah, I'm one of those evil anonymi but not all of us are abusing trolls.

LanceinBermudaLanceinBermudaabout 9 years ago
Awesome

I have been reading quite a few stories here for far too long and I have to say that this was one of the most enjoyable, entertaining and yes quite erotic stories I have ever read. Thank you so much for posting the story it was by far a lot better than 5 stars!

Cheers

Lance

LeFrog08LeFrog08about 9 years ago
well done.

Books, Sci-Fi, humor, romance and erotica, all in a tight sexy yarn.

I loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Eloquently Put!

I hesitate to put into words how enjoyable this story is, because the words won't do it justice. So I will leave it at: so delightfully humorous, and far fetched, it's left me saying to myself, 'if I only had the nerve, what I'd give for a romance like that!....'

Thank you for sharing this wonderful piece. The folly of it all has made my day.

EosAuroraEosAuroraabout 9 years ago
fun story

The banter and conversation between the characters was what I enjoyed the most.

RomanceLivesRomanceLivesabout 9 years ago
The best

What a excellent story - it should have been awarded #1 in the Valentines 2015 contest.

The dialogue is particularly well-written and witty, and the meta references added to the fun.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

The cream of the cream, as always. Thanks for this newest contribution; it was well worth the wait.

I'll throw your own words back at you: "I feel vulnerable, but safe, like I can be hurt but I trust him completely to bring joy instead." Thanks for being such a trustworthy author!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

This was exactly the kind of story that I like. The dialogue was fun and funny. I enjoyed the way you fleshed out the personalities of the two characters through their initial interaction. I so enjoyed this.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 9 years ago
Brilliant and funny!

Best blind date I ever read. Thank you so much for sharing.

teedeedubteedeedubabout 9 years ago
Yeah

Gotta say, this was a great read. Very entertaining. Thanks for sharing......

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
wonderful

Loved the characters, the conversations were great and meshed wonderfully and it was kind and romantic. It should be required reading for other romance writers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Standing ovation

Especially enjoyed the first pages..Very amusing dialogue.

All the thumbs up that a polydactyl could possibly waggle!

avidreader123avidreader123almost 9 years ago
Awesomely hilarious

Loved the characters and the writing. Very well done. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

I think this was definitely funny and a great read overall. However, your writing style of the 'Might Have Been' series was a lot more to my liking. It just got the tale to flow a lot better than this dialogue heavy (exclusive) method, which isn't usually my preference. Still, you're a writer who knew how to set the scene and in that you succeeded admirably.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
The Most sensual story read in literotica

Fcking amazing.

Wish atleast get a partner as crzy as this stories 😃

sanser6sanser6over 8 years ago
Sex is good for your heart........

But when the bond is not only cock in cunt it becomes so much more.

Emotional and intelectual bonds turn sex into wonderful, lustful, erotic and playful lovemaking. So satisfying.

Thanks also for this story, and for making your other stories available on iBooks. They are now embedded in my my iPad.

Hope you will keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Fun plot, really great pacing, and shrewd level of hints as to the outcome.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
WOW

I liked THAT!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Nice

Wow. Loved it.

sithonsithonover 8 years ago
I liked it but...

No one is that clueless . Maybe he was playing with her . But if not, how could a smart woman want to be with someone that emotionally unaware?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
He should have known

It would have been so hot if he had known all along.

mvonderahemvonderahealmost 8 years ago
Like slutty minks!

Funny! Clever! Literate! Hot! Two thumbs up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Flawless banter

It would have been P-E-R-F-E-C-T had Jeff revealed at the end that he knew/ had realised that Chaise was Thea.

I so wanted to rate this story a 5, but Jeff's obliviousness (which was endearing at first) started to grate on me at the end.

4* for a very entertaining read. Added to my favourites.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Perfect!

This is a terrific feat of writing. I loved your romantic story. May your life imitate your art. Maybe it's because I'm in an impossible situation myself, but it struck me as beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
A Perfect Dream.

Jeff is a guy. Smart, witty and can be BLIND as a bat to what is right in front of him. It happens.

It can happen that some guys that can be attractive and loving and "don't have a clue". Maybe dreams can come true?

Sigh. It was kinda like looking into a mirror. 😳

- pal

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I laughed out loud!

Wow, the dialog (especially during the "interview") was hilarious. Such an inventive plot. Even though most of us could anticipate that she would reveal her subterfuge, it was still a compelling read. Thank you for providing such a thought provoking story that may encourage other couples to fantasize about having a special night in a dark hotel room!

LalawmanLalawmanover 7 years ago
Goofy Lovers!

Undeniably an enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
best

I've read stories here on and off for about twelve to fifteen years and haven't bothered to comment on one yet. Some have moved me, some have excited me, many have bored me. This, though, has been one of the best. So you kinda took my comment cherry, so to speak. Great story. Liked that it was different -- all dialog -- and felt myself grinning at the banter between the characters. Excellent writing. Have an internet fist bump. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Loved it!

It was hilarious! It was so funny how you telegraphed what would happen by having Chaise describe it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

"She was lying on one of those -- what are they called? -- those one-armed couches with the back missing on one side?"

That one line was worth the price of admission!

Bravo!

QuicksilverDragonQuicksilverDragonabout 6 years ago
Fun dialogue!

I laughed out loud several times reading this. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Thank you

I do not comment very often on the stories I read on here but this was a very funny, very sexy and very surreal story.

Thank you and I am going to check some of your other stories.

woodmanonewoodmanonealmost 6 years ago
Excellent

A plot twist that you could see from a long way but cool none the less. The two characters complimented each other so well that they couldn't help but get together. Well done.

Woodmanone

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
DAMN!

Very few stories can make you laugh as this one did. Amazing job with the dialogues. And this Jeff person is really stupid to be a founder of a company like that. But at the end of the day, its just a story. So great job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Twisty

Loved watching her play and reel him in like a fish and then the twist st the end was fantastic. Loved every minute of reading this.

tentaclesforalltentaclesforallalmost 5 years ago
Without a doubt! ...

One of the most funny sexy romance stories I've read here yet... and I've read a lot!

We all knew if was coming, we all knew how the story was going to end, but it was still a wonderful, wonderful ride and I don't care if I'm years too late with this comment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Awesome

As I said in the heading... AWESOME! LOL

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Very Very Nice

A great story, with a lot of humor, what’s not to like? Most of the way through the story Jeff seemed to be the prototype geek, oblivious to most real-world functions. He was, in a word, clueless. But towards the end, at their Valentines dinner, I got the strongest feeling that he knew Thea was actually Chaise, and he was just yanking her chain a little. But the author never alluded that, so I guess he really was oblivious. Regardless, a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
F'-ing brilliant!

Incredible. The reveal doesn't compare to the rest of the story, but altogether it's still brilliant

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Superb writing

I don't think I've read another story on Literotica that has such superb dialog.

A clever premise. Hot sex. The fact that they were going to get together at the end as themselves was a given. Still, it was lovely getting there.

(BTW - It's Chaise LONGUE, not LOUNGE.)

I'll be reading your other stories; I hope they're as good.

illwindillwindover 4 years ago

Bit too tongue-in-cheek for my tastes. That line you threw in about him selling off the company kind of soured the ending. I can't help but think of all the people that likely just lost their jobs so their boss could make a grand gesture to the girl he has a crush on. She said herself it wasn't what she wanted to be doing with her life, so why not just have her quit instead? I'd also love to read the story of how this incredibly impulsive and unbelievably oblivious man came to run a company that was successful enough for google to be interested in acquiring it.

On the plus side, their back-and-forth was great throughout the whole story. Well written dialogue is really hard to come by on Lit, and this had it in spades.

Ava_T_ArgentAva_T_Argentalmost 4 years ago
I <3 Meta

Fantastic! I like my smut with aside of snark and/or meta-commentary, so this is right up my alley. It's so refreshing to find stories that are smart, fun, and hot. Great job of delivering all three.

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago
note below

Great premise for a story, the guy was so clueless for so long, maybe he was putting her on to? Illwind's comments were...........well everyone has an opinion so who am I to criticise a criticiser? It was a very humorous valentine love story and not really that far out. I can say that from my own experience with a young lady about 50 years ago she kept sending me messages and I never got them cause I loved her too much. Second story of yours I have read, very good. Keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Marvelous

Great job! Loved the witty dialogue, the pop culture references, and the well-drawn characters. The haters complaining about Jeff’s cluelessness clearly don’t know anyone actually in tech or are more willing to believe stories of incestuous MILFs “accidentally” fucking their 12” dicked high school sons and friends in the back seats of cars while their husbands don’t notice instead of the existence of a genius but clueless, emotionally awkward high tech CEO. Oy vey.

GrrrreatImaginationGrrrreatImaginationabout 3 years ago

"I think you should pay the check, and then take me to your place. We'll fuck like slutty minks until we collapse from exhaustion."

C'mon. Give us this sequel.

Great story.

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Love the happy ending..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Just re-read this. It's awesome, brilliant, perfect.

Almost finished brutally re-rating my story collection so only the very best few get my 5 star rating.

And danm you, I had to give this a 6. But totally deserves it.

Strand

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

One of the best stories That I have EVER READ on Literotica! This is an X rated O. Henry story! It should be nominated for a Clitorides Award!

i_wouldi_wouldover 1 year ago

Awesome stuff.

I love how he unwittingly described the woman in front of him in perfect detail, while ignoring her continued hinting. Somehow I feel like he could have been me LOL

One of the rare stories that makes me log in to comment and mark as favourite.

UncertainTUncertainTover 1 year ago

It's great to reread this story and just enjoy the wit. Magnificent writing. Eep indeed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Alright. That was just utterly fking fantastic. Bravo!! 👏

phoenixeyephoenixeyeabout 1 year ago

I may not always be able to understand all of your references (movies, books, writers, games, etc) but the way you write crack's me up. I love the crosstalk and sometimes it's so lively I can see it unfolding in front of me as a play. I believe you are one of the most talented writers I've read in Literotica

cementhead35cementhead35about 1 year ago

Obvious, but fun! Thanks for the great read!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Good story.

Arcwise it is the right place to end the story.

But the last restaurant conversation unfortunately feels too rushed and therefore leaves this feeling incomplete.

Nevertheless 5/5 since the rest is so well written.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Brilliant work!

LudvigBlomSELudvigBlomSE9 months ago

Brilliant!! So sad to realise that this was your swan song here on Lit. You will be sadly missed by a lot of us.

Thank you imensly for the work you did let us enjoy!!

MwestohioMwestohio9 months ago

Humor can be sexy

Chiara23Chiara233 months ago

Funny, cute, sweet and sexy. The end was a foregone conclusion, but that's what made this an enjoyable read ten stars if I could!

Jalibar62Jalibar623 months ago

"The erotic heat of your database metaphor is charring my panties." LMAO.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous