All Comments on 'Blindsided'

by Scorpio44

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
AgenaAgenaover 17 years ago
Great

A truly great story, well written and with a credible, romantic story line.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I cried!

Beautiful! What a story! BRAVO!!!

You might have brought in that over forty!!! years ago, first in an Italian experiment and then in others in Europe, it was proven that five and ten year survival rates are significantly higher for lumpectomy than for mastectomy. The more massive operation entails gtreater initial risk, psychological risk and greater risk of inadvertantly transporting/sending aberrant cells to other parts of the body. Many American practitioners still don't seem to know that!

You did bring in that a human being is not just the sum of a set of anatomical parts! Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
(In)humanity

I love the way the people who rant about the like of "One mistake can be enough", have nothing to say about this. I like the way you illustrate and explore both the dark and light sides of the human condition. Are you sure you are not Gemini44?

TiggerTooTiggerTooover 17 years ago
Well done.

My wife had the lumpectomy twice. It's the place to start, if at all possible. I can't imagine abandoning a woman in her time of need. Pete was a real man. Thanks for writing about that. Phil

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Clear cut

Scorpio44,

You are a superb author, and this story is a good example. It's a bit strange how a farm girl from Iowa could think the way she did in modern times, but so this happened in this case. He is a very strong character. You seem to write stories in the southern California setting, and I beleive you list yourself as being in this area. Keep up your great story writing with some detailed descriptions of southern California.

RAG

bart dogbart dogover 17 years ago
WOW!

I wasn't sure I'd like it at first...but I have to say this is one of the best stories I've read in quite awhile!

Still, it could have used more sex...lol!

daluentdaluentover 17 years ago
I was blindsided

Great story. I thought she was gonna cheat on him since she was a slut to begin with, but you surprised me. She's a reformed slut. Paul's character was really amazing. Keep writing. Luis

jaybird1944jaybird1944over 17 years ago
Should be in Romance

Great story, but it is much more a romance than anything else. It's nice to read about good people in a hot story.

DesertPirateDesertPirateover 17 years ago
We can all hope

Scorpio,

Thanks for writing a story about a real man. We don't abandon our women when things are tough! I have not delt with cancer but my wife has been sick for 10 years. Some days are great and some really suck, wouldn't have missed it for anything. I wish she was better, and progress is being made, but I'm not going anywhere. Looking forward to more of your stories.

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 17 years ago
Outstanding

Outstanding writing. The prose is excellent, the dialog crisp and meaningful, the characters realistic, flawed and very human. Thank you for a wonderful tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Scorpio, is that really you?

Scorpio:

Please accept my most heartfelt praise. This was truly an enjoyable tale. It is so unlike your other two recent submissions. Happy ending notwithstanding, I found your protagonists to be so very real. As the reader I could almost experience the angst that this young couple suffered. While I didn't relish the aforementioned other stories, I certainly give you kudos for this one.

Philip

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
My wife was blindsided with breast cancer thinking

is was a swollen milk gland as she was just coming off breast feeding our baby. A few weeks later she had a complete radical masdectomy of her breast. After chemo and radiation she is still alive but still worried. She is having her other breast removed to keep from having to undergo the worries and to make herself symmetrical. Men who love their women hold them tight and close she is just as loved now aa when I married her.

It is surprising how many women have told me what a brave and strong man I am because I have not left my wife. The thought hadnt really occurred to me. What did occur is what would happen if she died and I did not have her. Yes there are men who really do love their women. And breast do not make a female a woman.

A very touching and moving story, thank you!

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 17 years ago
Great story

Not what I expected at all. One of the best stories on the site.

One of my best friends' wife had a massive stroke at the ripe old age of 29 and he has been taking care of her ever since (the good news is that she's handicapped but gets by and they have even had a daughter since then) and he has never waved in his commitment to her. You (and many of the comment writers) are correct that real man don't abandon their women. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
surprised

nicely written and a good plot. well developed and likable characters and the sex was erotic. kudos.

northbaybearnorthbaybearover 17 years ago
Is this not true love?

What an extraordinary story! You are an incredible and completely credible writer.

We all have blindspots; sometimes we can't the forest for the trees; we make judgments based on false beliefs. Sometimes, just sometimes we are able to come back from the brink of a huge mistake. One character chose to trust, ultimately, rather live life based on an something as poorly crafted as an assumption. One character justifiably chose, appropriately and reasonably, to care for himself, but, as in love, was willing to consider another's desire, too. Is this not the make-up of real, strong and long-lasting love?

What a beautiful story about choices, chances, opportunities, and love. Thank you for making my day.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
The Carrot - With KUDO's Author

There were 2 prior sticks (stories) about firmness of consequence so now we need another carrot.

Strong sensitivity and arousal - a well balanced story that entertained.

Thanks Author

With High Regard

librarian_jimlibrarian_jimover 16 years ago
Love is blind

I'd never have gotten close to my wife if she hadn't been my sister's best friend. She has large breasts and developed early, and by the time I met here she was pretty tired of the way most guys approached her. In addition, she was orphaned at 17 when her mother died of breast cancer; she had what we'd now call "abandonment issues" and was note easy to get close to. We became lovers, and lived together for over seven years before we got married. The interesting part is that what finally pushed us into taking that step was a cancer scare. She started leaving blood spots on the bedsheets from one of her nipples, and we pretty much ran out and got a marriage license and got married while we were still waiting to find out what the problem was.. It turned out not to be cancer, we'll be married 25 years this summer.. Anyway, the part where he responds to the cancer news by proposing kind of resonated. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Real Life

This story comes much closer to the reality of life than many of the "reality" shows on TV today. Your stories describe characters of three dimensions. They taste, they smell, they hear, they touch and see the world as best they can. This story describes how real men relate to real women. It does not reach for the fantasies that satisfy us for a fleeting moment, but looks to the core of life. Thank you.

taxpapabobtaxpapabobover 15 years ago
Triple Blind Sides

This HOT SEX story looked at first like pussy, cock, mouths -- and nothing more valuable. But by the end we are treated to a realistically presented development of the passionate relationship into wondrous true love and deep devotion. He's almost too good a guy to be believed. He handles the entire issue of D-cup tits beautifully -- and, to quote Shakespeare's sonnet, "bears it out, even to the edge of doom." I have great hopes for these lovers. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Blindsided

There are occasions when a high score of '5' seems woefully inadequate, a few very few call for a higher score 'Blind sided ' is one of those few it calls for at least '9'. This maintains the very high standard of work that we have come to expect from Scorpio.

Thankyou.

Macosny.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Blindsided

There are occasions when a high score of '5' seems woefully inadequate, a few very few call for a higher score 'Blind sided ' is one of those few it calls for at least '9'. This maintains the very high standard of work that we have come to expect from Scorpio.

Thankyou.

Macosny.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
I was blindsided

Like a previous commenter, I wish I could give a higher rating to this story. I was caught off guard by the ending. Instead of giving us a simple sexy story, there was a lot more humanity woven into the plot. Plot -- now there's an idea other authors should use in their stories. Thanks for a really well-written narrative.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Blindsided, again.......

Great development spectacular build up and surprise(ed) ending. Great, S.

XTREMEDD

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 13 years ago
Damn IT!!

It is un_acceptable you just don't make an angry unhappy nasty old fuck tear up d00d.

Just not done - cut it out -

Seriously I am risking my job by not being able to pull away from your stories this week - first rate - the story, the writing, the texture - just great

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Excellent

Scorpio I have read a few of your stories so far and I have got to say so far I have not found one I didn't like. This is a wonderful loving story and you are a great writer.

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 13 years ago
Real nice

"Real men do not abandon their wives." How true and heartwarming that sounds. I have been married to an alcoholic for 33 years and have despaired that I was a fool at times for staying with her. Yet the good times with her have outweighed the bad. I guess I am not such a fool after all. I am getting a bit infirm and can't walk much. She is taking care of me now as well as I her.

thank you Scorpio

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Been there, done that

My wife of thirty years and I had the same experience, thirty one years ago. It was like re-living it all. Needless to say the results were the same, even tho the story was different. Thanks.

TalonsreachTalonsreachabout 12 years ago
Great set up

What a great ending. Thank you. Firm compassion is not dead.

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
NOT ALL BLINDSIDE ARE CATCHABLE

some are self inflicted. TK U MLJ LV NV

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 11 years ago
More importantly Love is not dead

Compassion, caring, the acceptance of the challenge all stem from loving the person more than the parts -

Nice story - again or still or - lol

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
accurate

Cannot speak for all males but my experience allows me to state females are more obsessed with breasts than males. Themost exquisite breasts I ever saw were a small A cup and she was ashamed of them. The joy in her eyes when I told how exquisite and perfect they were was out of this world. Relief might be a better word. I have heard numerous females go on and on about their breasts and never understood how females can be so fixated. I was in a relationship with an older female who had breast implants and the sutgeon did a fantastic job you could not tell they were fake. She kept her original C cup but nursing second child had taken its toll. She had implants that were basically a permanent push up padded bra and they provided a ledge that allowed the natural part of breats to move in natural way. I didn't have a clue until I first cupped them naked and I involuntarily jerked hands off as I felt these big hard lumps. I was going to delicately bring up cancer issue when I remember she had worked for plastic surgeon. For months she denied having implants but while shr was on her back you could outline. She once wanted to break up because she couldn't take hormone therapy during menopause because of silicon implants and connection to cancer. Have no idea what that was about. Took me an hour to convince her I didn't love her for her breasts. Didn't matter she also lied about being separated and that she was screwing other guys

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
JUST UTTER CRAP

MORE RAMBLINGS ABOUT CHEATING WHORES AND THEIR PIMPS....

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Fantastic Story

My mother had a double masscectomy. Both breasts removed. She lived three months after that. She, too, felt that she wasn't a true woman afterwards. I think she willed herself to die. Although it was painful, your story brought back memories of my mother in her final months.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 5 years ago
Sweet

A really sweet story. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful, so well done. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Thanks !

GREAT STORY !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story - like the development of the plot and how the characters were presented. You have a great many intelligent comments to the story and it shows that the writing and story hit a nerve. Like so many others I m married to a spouse who has had two lumpectomies and I wouldn’t dream of moving on. Remember “for better or for worse ”? Shows that an excellent story can be about the big head not just gratifying the little head

oldtwitoldtwit5 months ago

Oh very good, not not what I was expecting, nicely twisted plot, had me thinking it all wrong.

Well plotted out story, nice characters

stewartbstewartb5 months ago

Good story about a man who loves the woman that is inside the woman.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous