All Comments on 'Blood of the Clans Ch. 03'

by RoyceConnors

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
BigJohn601BigJohn601over 10 years ago
You have set the stage well and peaked my interest...

I will be looking forward to the next chapter.

RoyceConnorsRoyceConnorsover 10 years agoAuthor
Thank you...

I truly appreciate the feedback. The saga will go back and forth between past and present,, both time frames receiving equal embellishment. Some chapters are short, like this one, so I posted the 4th ch. a few days after this one. It's not a fairy tale romance, rather a brutal look at the reality of the times. The loving is clear, as is the lust between lovers, but opposition to the clan resulted in bloodshed and a great many deaths.

This was a time when the greatest sword in the land ruled, not edicts and decrees of an absent king. The western highlands were ruled by the MacDonald's, owning vast areas and septing with clans allied to them. Life was deemed worthy, by the mercy of the man wielding that sword. Some were good, some weren't.

This is the battle for Eilean Donan, by the clans that were there, Deception, murder, secret alliances, were all done to gain power of the stronghold. This is about their lives and how the highlands were won and lost.

Please enjoy and vote and comment often.

RJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Something needed to denote era changes

It would be helpful if you put something between paragraphs from the past and the present, like asterisks or the dates or words. It gets confusing until readers have had a chance to know the characters and remember who is who (especially since some of the people in the present speak like their ancestors).

Yves

RoyceConnorsRoyceConnorsover 10 years agoAuthor
To Yves

I will start adding them to future chs. 4 and 5 are submitted and should be coming out soon. I'll edit from 6 onward with asterisks between time frames. I wasn't sure if it would play out the way it did in my head. Thanks for the input. Enjoy the story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous