All Comments on 'Blue Eyes Crying'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 247 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Damn,just a ......

....silly little love song but this author can make a stone weep.Pistolpackinpete

energystarenergystaralmost 15 years ago
First comment was right.. silly little love story

and I'm still on the floor, thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Wonderful

I liked how you wove Willie's song into your story. Another enjoyable reading experience.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
One of my all time favorite songs

Great song choice, one of my all time favorites, but I wish the author had written one more verse, as it ends all too soon. Nice story woven around the songs message.

Sofia_SapphoSofia_Sapphoalmost 15 years ago
I can say one thing

My blue eyes were definitely crying over this story, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Absolutely loved the story,

but I really HATE Willie Nelson. Since you linked your story to him so much, with my hatred of this 'entrtainer' so strong, I could not with good conscience give this tale a higher score. Thank you for the effort though.

KOTKKOTKalmost 15 years ago
Thank you for this wonderful story.

I don't have blue eyes, but they are wet with tears. Really you can make a stone weep.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Loved it!

wonderful story. thank you!

thebulletthebulletalmost 15 years ago
nice story

<p>Strongly reminiscent of <i>The Notebook</i>. Well written and sentimental.</p>

<p>One minor flaw: an anachronistic reference to "Mad Cow Disease" about 40 years before such a thing was known. Sorry, it's my history background that makes me touchy about such things.</p>

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Nice story as always.

.

PArebelPArebelalmost 15 years ago
Very Nice

Brought tears to my eyes.

THBTHBalmost 15 years ago
Thank-you

Thank-you for saving my marriage. I had come to work thinking about leaving my wife of 33 years. I truly love her very much, but the stresses of life today have caused too much tesion between us. She is not happy with my moods and ups and downs. She has always loved me and has been supportive all my life. I have become very difficult to live with the last five years or so. She is now having a tough time with it all. I don't want to cause her any more pain or suffering. Maybe it's my way of doging the issues.

Your story just reminded me of what a great woman my wife is. She's not asking me to leave. She still loves me everyday, no matter how strained my life is. She always asks how she can make me feel better. I love her more than life itself.

Thank-you again, and now I need to go hold her, kiss her, befriend her like she deserves.

THBTHBalmost 15 years ago
Thank-you

Thank-you for saving my marriage. I had come to work thinking about leaving my wife of 33 years. I truly love her very much, but the stresses of life today have caused too much tesion between us. She is not happy with my moods and ups and downs. She has always loved me and has been supportive all my life. I have become very difficult to live with the last five years or so. She is now having a tough time with it all. I don't want to cause her any more pain or suffering. Maybe it's my way of doging the issues.

Your story just reminded me of what a great woman my wife is. She's not asking me to leave. She still loves me everyday, no matter how strained my life is. She always asks how she can make me feel better. I love her more than life itself.

Thank-you again, and now I need to go hold her, kiss her, befriend her like she deserves.

bruce22bruce22almost 15 years ago
Lovely Story

You brought tears to my eyes many places in the story.It was a wonderful life that they had. Interestingly enough it sounds almost as if it was in the genes....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Perhaps the best....

This is perhaps your best work. I have admired your past writings. The flow of the stories you write. The emotion you put into each one. With this one, you moved to a way to show love and true love at that many do not see or imagine. To envoke confliction of emotion between the happiness of love and the sorrow of loss is a challenge for many. This was accomplished within this story. I commend you on it and state that this is perhaps even one of the best writings i have read in a long time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Absolutely Your Best

One of the best, if not the best story you have written. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Quality story

One of your best DG. A superb flow between flashbacks and current times.

A truly moving and joyful story.

Thank you,

Norman

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 15 years ago
Wow! Very very nice...

Wonderful love story, well told. Good work DGH.

BilchBilchalmost 15 years ago
Great

Another one of your great stories. This one definatly is your best. One great tear jerker. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Not erotic but beautiful love story

DG Hear's stories are always well written, but he has outdone himself with this one. Heartwarming romantic story about two people who truly love each other. Congratulations!

60 year old George

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Outstanding!

What a day, submissions by Papatoad, Itmgr and DG Hear. Three different styles but all of them great.TY for writing, Jenny

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Thanks!

Thank you for a wonderful love story. I appreciate all of your work, but this may become my favorite. I do have a few bones to pick with you though. 1st, there was no 911 to call in 1959. Second, we did not send in combat troops into Viet Nam until 1965. Prior to that we had advisors but few combat deaths. It would have been very unlikely that several of his high school buddies died there. Minor, but things that pull one out of the story. Thanks again. I can't write a story to save my life, so my thanks are heartfelt. Ttom

DrallDrallalmost 15 years ago
Loving!

An uplifting,sad,wonderful story. Just right for father's day. Thank you.

nyminusnyminusalmost 15 years ago
Awwwww...sniff...sniff

Need I say more?

_Lynn__Lynn_almost 15 years ago
Looks like

you have another winner, my friend. It will be exciting to read what the other authors come up with for this Invitational. I'd better go polish mine up a bit more to compete though. Kudos DG.

fumundacheezefumundacheezealmost 15 years ago
Truly

The best story you have ever written DG. I have nothing to say about it but G R E A T. It is a lot like the movie "Notebook" with James Garner and Gina Rowland. I cried when I saw it as I did when I read your story also. A Story does not have to have 29 episodes of sex in each paragraph in order to be a masterpiece even on an erotic site. Thank you so much for keeping an old man from that era entertained. My story didn't have such a happy ending as my first love was married and had a kid when I got home from Vietnam. A "Dear John" from her was the reason I volunteered for duty in a "Hazardous Zone." Oh well, I didn't get my one true love but I gt a good woman and a great daughter.

DG HearDG Hearalmost 15 years agoAuthor
Thank you!

A BIG THANK YOU! I never know how my stories will be received and I just want to say Thank You for all the wonderful comments. I can't tell you how wonderful it makes a writer feel to know that readers took the time to respond with such nice comments. It makes all the hours of writing and worrying over a story worth while.

With respect

DG Hear

fumundacheezefumundacheezealmost 15 years ago
To the guy

that said there were no combat troops in VietNam until 1965, I say there were not supposed to be combat troops before 1965. I left two dead friends there in 1961 in the "Hazardous Zone where I volunteered." When I sent mail home, my letters were blacked out when I tried to explain to mom and dad where I was and what I was doing. Dad, being a combat infantryman in the 96th Infantry Division in Leyte and Okinawa in WW2 knew what it meant and surmised that I was somewhere where the military did not want known where I was and what I was doing. You are right and correct in pointing out the absence of the 911 service in 1959. Had I been editing I would have just said , "Called an ambulance," but that one little mistake made no difference in the story line. It was still DG Hear's all time best work.

Gary

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Great story

This reminds me of my parents. My dad died first and then my mother died 3 months later. I think she died of a broken heart.

Terrific story

thatawaythatawayalmost 15 years ago
Another great story

Another great story, sure to become a classic story of a life lived with true love between a man and a woman. A fact once so common, and now such a rare and beautiful thing to behold....gives some hope, it such a sad comment on the world today.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
awesome

great story , wish my life would have been like this . love is rarely like this in a marriage , you write stories so realistic that they play at all emotions ... awesome !!!!

DesertPirateDesertPiratealmost 15 years ago
Impressive!

This is one hell of a good story! Damn it's well written and I like the storyline. A very different look at a life or two, the perspective really works.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Good Woman

Good life, good story, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
wow

awesome man its gud to read a story about love and no cheating.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
The best

Wonderful story of a "Loving Wife". Its good to occasionally read a story without cheating and all. Beautiful writting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Oh Yeah!

First you pick one of my all time favorite songs and then you write a wonderful story. You have always been on of the best writers here, but this one is among your best.

AZSAMAZSAMalmost 15 years ago
A wonderful story

A wonderful story by a great writer with a very unique and special gift.

JakeRiversJakeRiversalmost 15 years ago
Nice job, DG

Tugs at the heart strings ... but with a smile at the same time.

Well done, thanks for participating in the invitational.

Regards, Jack

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
A modest proposal

OK, I'll just come right out and say what a lot of your readers really feel. You should ignore the rest of your life and devote yourself to writing more stories for us. Thank you.

tastesgreattastesgreatalmost 15 years ago
This is a True Loving Wife Story

As Always DG, you are the man! Your stories always leave us feeling better about our lives and loves. I always look forward to your next one knowing it will be worth the time it takes to read it! Thanks again...

daluentdaluentalmost 15 years ago
Amazing

DGHear how the hell did you get so good. I remember your first story and was amazed it was a first story. If you get any better just become a professional and at least get paid. I loved this story. Of course it made me tear up.Thanks for the entertainment. Luis

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
This is 100++ %

I am living this story... lost my love to brain cancer.

I see her in my mind.

I feel her in my being,

I fee her love is in my heart,

I will love her forever and ever and ever

lancewmlancewmalmost 15 years ago
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful

Beautiful. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
touched

touched to the soul. Amazing story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
great

love it SEE I FELL IN LOVE AT 17. I ONLY SAW HER FOR A FEW MINS. BUT it was all it took that was 1974. we have twin girls and 5 granddaughters not once have I EVER BROKE OUR VOWS. And I GET ON MY KNEES AND THINK GOD everytime I hold her in my arms. 35 years and we still have sex 4 times a week.WEVE had ups and downs over the years but Man I never knew any regets . Thank you for a great story

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Heart Warming Story

This story was the best Love story I have ever read in my 59yrs on this earth. I had tears in my eyes from the middle of the first chapter to the very end.

Stories like this give the heart such a warm and glorious feeling. We don't get those strong feelings like we did when we were younger.

I hope that the author of this will continue to write wonderful Love stories that can be shared by all.

Thank you so much for warming my Heart.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
I am crying

As a husband for 58 years who drives 40 miles every day for the past 3 years to be with my Alzheimer wife, this story has exceeded anything I have read in the past. I hope that Bea and I will be with Mary and John.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 14 years ago
Great story

You always write a good story DG. This one is better than most. It's good to read a story about a couple who remained in love and in a monogamous relationship their entire marriage. It would be difficult to improve on this story. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Great story

DG Hear, you are one of the best authors on this site. Your loving wives stories always touch me to the soul. However, you should have made a miracle happen and save Mary from dying :)/

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
You're the best

I have read all of your stories and you are clearly one of the best writers on literotica.com. This story touched all the right places. Although Mad Cow was around back then, it wasn't known to the general public.

Sorry, I know it's such a minor point in the scope of the story. Anyway, please keep writing. You bring satisfaction to all those who read your stories; even those who don't like them. They get to complain. So there is something for everyone.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
zzzzzzzzzzzzz

I kept waiting for something interesting to happen, but it never did. This should have been filed under "mature" or "romance". This was okay, but not outstanding. I have seen many better non-erotic stories on this site. I have no idea why it seems to be one of the top-rated "loving wife" stories. Good but not great, and really kind of boring.

northlandernorthlanderabout 14 years ago
A Beautiful Story

DG

I thought I had read all your stories, but on revisiting, I find that I hadn't. A beautiful Story, and yes it is erotic and is a true loving wife story, no infidelity, no distractions and apart from a couple of faults that have been picked on by a couple of nit pickers very true to life. Yes there are couples like John and Mary, maybe not as many, but they are still out there

Orionman17Orionman17about 14 years ago
Blue eyes - So I cried . . . Okay?

Thank you, DGH . . . thank you for your witing this love story.

SilverWolf78754SilverWolf78754almost 14 years ago
This is how we all should love.

This story reminds me of "The Notebook." Very well written and full of heart. Keep up the great writing!!

JusttooldJusttooldalmost 14 years ago
Tears

Great tear jerker. This story is done with such great feeling a guy just has to let loose a few tears after he has finished reading it. I love your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Fantastic

One can only hope to find , let alone live such a good life . Well done !!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Wonderful

DG writes everything with sensitivety, skill and class. It is always a pleasure

to read his stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I have a wife like this.

My wife is very much like the Mary in this story. We married at 17/18 have four children. Lost one and adopted one. She has cancer and is dieing a little more each day. It hurts to watch the love of your life have to go though this. We never cheated on each other and have been married over 44 years. She put up with my years of drinking and my recovery. I will miss her so much. Reading this story brought back so many memories and I cried because I'm living the ending now. My wife may have a few weeds or a year or more but I will be by her side though it all.

snathsnathover 13 years ago
Nice

We all are human and this type of stories help us to find our ways to come back to our designated path even after we might have strayed. After all we all are human. Love has the power to put an ordinary man above others. Nice story DG Hear!

auhunter04auhunter04almost 13 years ago
hello ya'll

There be a couple lessons here, one about faithfulness

well now that I start to say different things I guess the second thing is about faithfulness

GualterioGualterioalmost 13 years ago
My my my ....

What more can one say other than this story is simply WONDERFUL!

TalonsreachTalonsreachalmost 13 years ago
The greatest stories here on Literotica...

are not the ones with monster dicks or tits, nor seeing how many the main character can boff or get away with cheating. They are the ones that show the power of LOVE and all that must be done to nurture it.

DG, I have liked your stories for years but this is one of the best you have done. Great Job!!! I look forward to more of your work in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Brought a tear to my eye...

...and a lump to my throat. A story like this one seems a little out of place on Literotica's website. It was an unexpected pleasure to read. I give it five stars.

KyuzioKyuzioalmost 13 years ago
Damn it DGHear! Quit doing that to me!

I was all ready for a hot, sex-filled story and you blind-sided me with a bittersweet love story! I'm a man, but, dude, you had me in tears. I feel the same way about my lovely wife and hope I never have to go through something like that. However, time marches and brings us all to the end whether we want to or not. I will be truly blessed to have made the journey with her.

Thanks for an outstandingly good read! 5*

huedogghuedoggalmost 13 years ago
NOW THAT'S A DG HEAR STORY

This is one of the best stories on this site. A wife that loves her husband and stay with him to her death, and she didn't fuck ever big cock along the way. Faithfull till the end.

IrfonIrfonover 12 years ago
Loved it !!

Guess I'm just an old Romantic........

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago
Impossible story.

There were no 911 back then nor did 911 exist in the 1960s, 1970s,or 1980s. If an author is going to write fiction, it should at least be possible and, if the writer is going to write about events in the 1950s, he or she should at least have some knowledge of the time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWornock is a putz

I have read your comments on many author's stories. If you are so good, write a story yourself, let us read your brilliant creations. Otherwise, pay attention to the details, this was the story of a couple that graduated in 1959. On another note -- one you would do well to remember -- there is a reason they call it FICTION you moron.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWornock has written some stories, not generally well received,so he coud be smarting about that.

His writing name is x-JohnDoe-x.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
TRUE LOVE CAN NEVER DIE

it may fade with time, but will meet again. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Wow, such a great and moving story. One of your best. :-)

saratusaratuover 12 years ago

This was as good as any story I have ever read anywhere. I clicked on the fifth star but it wouldn't take my vote???

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Awesome story

I really felt this one and I could read ones like this all day. I actually prefer them over the strong sex stories. Excellently written and thank you for sharing your art with us all.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 12 years ago
you guys do know that dwornock is an old head

and this was a true loving wives story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
one word WOW and so true

I do hope you that have NOT experienced this will realize the scope of separation of a soul mate by death... I am there now,,, I know she will be as Mary is ,,, waiting for me ... I suggest you read on After Death Communications.... it is awesome

Kiddo1001Kiddo1001about 12 years ago
reminds me of me

DG,

I have been married to the most wonderful woman in the world for 28 and a half years. She puts up with me so much and I love her more just like John loved Mary. I cannot ever see my life without my wife. I will be like Johnny Cash after his wife died and he passed 4 months later. You have touched my so much, DG. Thank you for reminding all of us, men, that we really do need a good woman with us.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 12 years ago
Truly wonderful to read

And you got it right a True Loving Wife story -

No critique is appropriate beyond thank you so much -

PolyLvrPolyLvrabout 12 years ago
Just... wow.

Brought tears ot my eyes. Forget your sex and cheating stories, this genre is where you excel.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Very Good.

Wow is right. What a wonderful story, pulls on the heart strings in you are a well balanced human.

On another note, Dwornock, I am going to have to hunt you down and Kill you.

Just Joking. But Really, where do you live? Heh heh heh.

polarbear66polarbear66about 12 years ago

Fantastic story, really enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
They didn't know about Mad Cow disease back then.....

just letting you know.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
QUITE PLAUSIBLE.. and I personally know..

of a couple who had a life similiar to this one . Their name is Helen and Ivan. They never had children. Both were teachers in the days of one room school houses an coal stoves to heat them. Their whole life was just like this story. Maybe someday I will write of them. Thanks DGHEAR for your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I can relate

My wife of over 40 years waited for me. I am so honored that she did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Really Good

Well it was a tear jearker,but worth all the sniffing and wet eyes,Thank You!

lovetopleasewomenlovetopleasewomenover 11 years ago
The end of the story....

reminded me of the song "Green Green Grass of Home" by Johnny Cash

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3over 11 years ago
Straight up

This is the way a marriage should be. Love each other forever and to the end.

YamiBoyYamiBoyover 11 years ago
^__^

Good story. Nice work, thanks!

Sid0604Sid0604over 11 years ago
Thank you

Another great story. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

Thank you

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Loved it

A wonderful tale of love. You actually had me getting misty toward the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Love

what a good story. May god give you the mind to write another.

phil2213phil2213about 11 years ago
Great story of genuine passionate love.

5 stars The storyteller could've been longer it was just that good. I loved the emotion and feel. I would've like to have heard more about Mary eventhough it worked extremely well as it was written. Perfection always has unique qualities to wiggle one way or another and that's what this was. If you ever experienced real love this is a familiar. Thanks author well done!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
True Love is Wonderful

What a touching tale of life and love. If all who live can experience love such as this the world would be a much better place. God Bless.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Beautiful

The story makes me realize how lucky I am to have a wife like Mary.

EgoTrixiEgoTrixialmost 11 years ago
Simply beautiful!

Emotional, very well written...surely one of your best. % Stars. Nothing more to say.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
He cripples a kid and there's no repercussion?

You lost me at that point. The cops and prosecutors have a saying "the first hit is free"; but Mark is on the ground and he continues the attack and all that happens is an "oops"? The dude would be in prison for assault.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
3 in 1 class dead in 'nam by '64??

I doubt that would have been true anywhere.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Touching and heartfelt!

I don't usually cry reading a story, but this one is special. Hard to believe a 64 year old Marine would cry reading a fictional story, but in truth, I have my own Mary. Thanks for writing it.

hebert100hebert100almost 11 years ago
thank you

stories like this really get to me. my wife and I have been married well over 40 years. As we approach 70 together the thought of losing each other weighs more on our minds. the thought of losing her is hard, but the thought of her losing me is even more traumatic. I have seen the sorrow in her face when her parents passed. The utter grief I saw in her lovely face was almost more than I could bear. I pray that at my passing, The Lord will give her the peace that only he can bestow. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
What a tribute!

Our 43rd wedding anniversary is today. What a fitting tribute to the love of your life...............and mine.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Fantastic

A marriage that lasts 45 years (like mine) is a tribute to a good woman!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...