All Comments on 'Blue Topaz Eyes Ch. 02'

by Todd172

Sort by:
  • 132 Comments
266xxyz266xxyzover 7 years ago
I tried but couldn't get into it.

I donno. Maybe I am tired or something tonight. I really liked the 1st Blue etc. tho as I recall some times I had trouble following it. Anyway...I will try again tomorrow. In any case I applaud the effort and creativity. Keep on truckin...and writing.

CrkcpprCrkcpprover 7 years ago
Brilliant

Wow , that was seriously good !

I'm very impressed with your works Todd172 . I would love to see you take these characters further. You could give qhml1's swashbuckling series a run for its money . And that is some of the highest praise that I can bestow in this genre.

5 *'s easily

DragonlightoneDragonlightoneover 7 years ago
Yes

First decent story I've read in weeks. My first comment in months; Adrian Leverkuhn being the last. Definitely into my top 5 authors. Well done.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 7 years ago
I enjoyed it.

It was different, and edgy. Mostly well written. The "coal shoot" threw me off for a second, but it happens. LW was a stretch for this story, but it was a good read.

SelqSelqover 7 years ago
Excellent followup

A great story for giving the other perspective. I feel that you explained her thinking and fears clearly and concisely.

Felt like a different pace from the previous story, but fit for well with her.

As HBK said, a bit of a stretch for LW, but I'm glad you kept in the same category as the first story.

5 stars and favorited and looking forward to your next story.

Thank you for writing.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Thoughts

She should have known that HE couldn't be corrupted by The Renhardt!

"She had the brightest blue sapphire eyes I'd ever seen" - In Ch1 her daughter had blue topaz, like her.

I still think she should have told him she was pregnant with their child.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
"Coal Shoot"

Yes, that should have been "coal chute"!

The sign of a good story - I consider myself something of a grammar Nazi, and I read right over that, not even noticing the mistake!

kimi1990kimi1990over 7 years ago
Seems like an interesting story

I can't read it. The writing style is so convoluted, so many one sentence paragraphs, so much literary tricksterism going on that it wears me out. I couldn't finish either story. Write another and I'll try again. Hopefully you'll use a little less prolixity next time. Just me, obviously, others like it. Good luck.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 7 years ago
Appreciate the sequel / elaboration

The first story was so concise that this one really helped. Wow. Very rare to get this kind of gem - a topaz of course - what a great surprise. Very moving and compelling story - well done well done.

griartgriartover 7 years ago
Where the hell did you come from?

And why didn't you get here sooner?!

It's rare to read an engaging piece like your submissions, especially on a free porn site. There were some parts that were hard to follow, but the character development was done just right I felt comfortable investing in them. Keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Yes!

Wonderful! A colored diamond!

Keep up the writing, I love your style and creativity.

Tiny Tim

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 7 years ago
prolixity!??

Seriously!?

This was, if anything a little too stark!

A little MORE flesh on the bones of this very well-crafted story would be highly welcome, but then in a genre like this, I'm into Clancey-esque levels of detail.

Well done, author, 5*, easily.

I'm hoping you have some more follow-ons to this in mind. I would like to see something from the decades separating the last sentence and the earlier action. Like, how did he show her that The Reinhardt money wouldn't corrupt him? (and maybe, how does this saga earn its place here in LW, exactly?)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I loved it.

Great read. Well written. 5 all the way

patilliepatillieover 7 years ago
Not as good as your first, but quite good.

You wrote:

"The HRT hit the door upstairs a fraction of a second later. They came on relentlessly as the sound of my shots echoed and died. Moving down the stairs like a machine, a single coherent beast with blinding arc- light eyes and gun oil tainted breath. A black Kevlar-scaled dragon."

Spectacular! The emotional impact was not as great as the first, which is a very high standard. but a solid, solid 4.

Canit wait to read more of your stuff.

green117green117over 7 years ago
I liked it quite a bit

I think the sacrifice theme struck me more in this one than the first - perhaps I respond to female sacrifice more than male.

I was a bit disappointed in the minimization of the female lead's injury, and thought the initial dead child scene needed a bit more work to create a traumatic reality. The blue eye symbolism is good - but I needed a bit more direct identification "it was like looking in a mirror when I was ..." to buy into the later symbolism.

I'd like to see more - these read like trailers for something much longer.

I'm fine, in fact happy, with the complexities of the writing style, but think your rendition of emotion could use a bit more... Perhaps the pain, paradox, purity, perspective axis? The redemption is there, but muted... and the reconciliation with the Believer status could have been looked into...

But! It's your puppy, and a very good puppy it is.

Green-something

green117green117over 7 years ago
to clarify

"it was like looking in a mirror when I was ..." was to suggest a line when the protagonist looked into the eyes of the child in the basement. Perhaps a bit too obvious, but I think nailing down the identification and removing doubt has merit.

Green-something

(5*, by the way)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I will buy the novel

The two excellent chapters can be broken down and re-used when you write the Novel I am waiting to purchase! Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Outstanding work

I still like part 1 a bit more, but not a lot.

Despite some people's complaints, I think the terse style still fits the character -- no nonsense, no wasted verbiage. The story line was great, although not telling the father was needlessly arrogant of her. If she really respected him fully, she should have disclosed. But that's a quibble.

If you choose another protagonist in the future -- and please PLEASE do write more -- do feel free to add more "meat on the bones" depending on the characterization. Not everything should be as staccato as this, especially with a different character.

looking4itlooking4itover 7 years ago

Even after reading her side I don't buy why she was silent. I guess she had some residual family training left in her about being selfish and inconsiderate. That was a choice more in line with her family than she'd ever be able to accept. One would have to consider just how long she was willing to keep the secret. I think most of us who read the stories would have to say disappointingly long, perhaps forever.

Crusader235Crusader235over 7 years ago
Style

Liked the style of these stories. No nonsense and direct. Five stars again for this one! Keep writing please. Semper Fi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Loved it!

Please continue writing. Loved these two especially the first chapter.

Thank you, and God bless you for writing something that made me feel the world is a good place.

impo_61impo_61over 7 years ago
So good as his part...

So good as his part...And we could understand her way through life, why she behave and act like she did...4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
"Mommy, Please!" Easily the most dramatic and moving scene in both chapters. Easily.

Thank You.

You are off to an incredible start.

Don't stop.

frazodfrazodover 7 years ago
Don't stop writing

Yep, I agree. Please keep writing. I didn't think a second chapter was necessary, yet you pulled it off in spades.

If you do decide to publish I would be glad to buy a copy. I spend a lot of money on books and most of them are worse than this.

Thanks!

beachpigbeachpigover 7 years ago
Excellent

"Mommy, Please" Wow

PolyLvrPolyLvrover 7 years ago
Holy shit

Just... fuck.

Terrific. Amazing.

mallahmallahover 7 years ago
geezus.

Dude. Just. Wow. Dam...my allergies started up. ''Mommy, please''...just about did me in. If you have any more stories up the pipe, I pray that they are just as good as this one is. Again...Wow.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Ya, Just Wow

All that in 3 pages! Stellar work.

Fuck log in! Corvette John in rainy Seattle

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
In some ways

the story was as cold as

the Blue Topaz Eyes in the mirror

dc6370dc6370over 7 years ago
Excellent!

This was a bit more personal than chap one. I really enjoyed it!

KirkelKirkelover 7 years ago
Ahhhhh, a new GOOD author...

Loved both chapters...the 'eyes' referenced perfectly. Not sure how a loving wives story, more romance ironically. Lol

Your name and story favorited!

(please keep writing)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wow.

I'm very much looking forward to reading more of your work. Thanks for sharing your gift with us.

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 7 years ago
One of the best

Simply one of the best stories ever.

266xxyz266xxyzover 7 years ago
Great comments

Congratulations and compliments to your excellent writing and efforts. That all said tho, like the 1st part, I some how just couldn't get into it. Keep it up tho and I wish you well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I don't think I've ever said this to an author but..

this story would have been well served by an extra page or two.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 7 years ago
Nice

Excellent tale. Keep them coming.

Five Stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
4*s

Very moving. An emotional roller coaster with a happy ending.

Gave you 4*s Todd172.

The best complement I can give: You should write for pay, stop giving your talent away for free!!

Thanks very much🎯!

AMerryman

Todd172Todd172over 7 years agoAuthor
Thanks for he feedback

Thanks again for the feedback. I take it seriously, and will probably implement it. My wife is working to convince me to novelize this, so every bit helps. Fragments of hat effort will continue to pop up as stories in Romance and NE, as I work out backstories, etc.

And yeah, HDK, et al: chute, not shoot. And that sapphire should've been a topaz. Operator head space.

I hope this one cleared up Emma a bit. I never actually planned to write this chapter, but the comments on the first one made either clear I needed to.

That said, I'm clearing the gun decks and pushing out a couple of unrelated LW stories out next. I really do write to get them out of my head. Both of these will be a bit closer to traditional LW. One of them actually a BTB. Just had to try that genre.

Thanks again.

xtchrxtchrover 7 years ago
How!

I don't know how you did it but this story just drew me in from the first page all the way to the end. It kept my interest in the main characters and I was actually rooting for them. Not my usual kind of story but you did something with your writing that captured me and I'm still not sure how you did it. The only thing wrong with this story is I wish it went on and on. Thank you for a fantastic tale and I know have to keep track of your other stories and make sure I read them.

icebreadicebreadover 7 years ago
Yep

I liked it. Thank you for your skill at writing a story like this and I look forward to more of your work. Five stars.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 7 years ago
Found myself skimming . . .

My comment on the first installment applies here as well. Writers certainly use clever writing devices to spice up their writing. But, overusing those devices can quickly become annoying. This story comes across as something a first year student might be assigned in a creative writing class. Come up with a single phrase, and build a story around it. "She had the . . . eyes I'd ever seen." I just felt like you continued to use that device a bit too much.

OnethirdOnethirdover 7 years ago
Not overused

I disagree with the previous commenter- the eyes thing was a theme throughout. If you write a symphony and reprise a melody, is it too much? Nope. It's a very reasonable device. My only qualm would be that I'd like to have seen the overall arc of the story moved forward past what we read in part one. That my only criticism on a very nice piece of work.

onedegreeawayonedegreeawayover 7 years ago
Backstory

Sometimes to complete a story, I stop and rewrite the story from the other character's point of view just as an exercise. A lot of times this gets me into their heads so I can finish the first and just sometimes, I get a better story out of it.

I love it your story, no if and's or buts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
clever. different. if this were a series like the w.e.b.griffin wwii thru vietnam books, with multiple characters weaving in and out over time i'd be buying...thanks.

nice.

bruce22bruce22over 7 years ago
Do it!

And let me know when you post it on Amazon so I can purchase it......

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
5

5 Stars. Well done.

Please do continue write stories in LV.

hnau0022hnau0022over 7 years ago
Great

Looking forward to more stories. Some Lit authors you read automatically and you have made the cut. Keep it up.

TornadoTysTornadoTysover 7 years ago
Bloody Great

Great story and written from another characters prospective just opens up the story a whole lot more.

IMO this was mote novel than Loving Wife's and needed a bit more sex scenes.

Now we know about Monica relationship, it would have been good to tead about that in mire depth.

Even do a great read.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 7 years ago
Another wonderful 5* read

We have been spoilt recently with some great stories. Including this one.

arrowglassarrowglassover 7 years ago
Wow! Wish I could give you a 10!

Now we have both parts of the beginning. I sure hope there is more of this...of them!

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Interesting.

Gave more insight into Emma. She had some broken parts that might not have been evident from the first story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

It just wasn't needed.

Sometimes stories don't need "her point of view"

This was one of them.

Not bad, mind you... just did nothing FOR the original and was a let down

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
more!

Loved both chapters.Have read several times and will probably read again! .Would love a sequel maybe with Elisa

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Outstanding... the first was very good... but this was excellent... the only point I would make is that it wasn't long enough... there were so many areas that you could really have gone in depth with... her parents... especially the father.. the daughter... their lives... it just seemed a little truncated at the end... but all in all just excellent...

I would really like to buy some of your extended works... I'm sure they exist...

-jaye-

1wrngrght1wrngrghtover 7 years ago
Clear Blue Water

Just dipped a toe into this...and I think I'll go for a swim. Looking forward to the rest of your stories, I'll take 'em on date by date. Chapter 1 was good (OK great) but when I saw that 2 was going to be the same from her POV, I was leery to say the least. Imagine my surprise to find that 2 was actually better (just a little, only a tad)

So "well done, well told"

FD45FD45over 7 years ago
Second story of yours I read

You write well. Homophones are not your friend. It is a coal CHUTE, not SHOOT. There were a few other distractions.

That one sentence thing. Yeah. It can be used to make an impact.

And as Kimi suggests, it can be OVERused. At the end here, it was. But that is a very venal sin compared to the quality of writing. (I noted that I am doing the exact same thing, so this sentence was moved next to the last so I don't appear to be a shit).

I read qhml1's recommendation in The Harpy and so I came to see what the fuss was about. My faith in him was well founded. You are a real writer.

lickitandstickitlickitandstickitover 6 years ago
Liked it

So far a good series.. I guess I'm onto to the next one. Shamless, as the order of reading suggests.. would spice it up with a bit more sex but it has my interest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Very impressed!

You skill at writing is awesome. You write great stories. I look forward to reading more of them.

rdcyclistrdcyclistover 6 years ago
Periodically...

When nothing catches my eye on this or "The Other" site, I'll come back and start back up on The Shack series. Fookin' Hell, this great stuff. Really, really great stuff. I am so looking forward to your next story. Please don't keep us waiting too much longer...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
GREAT START!

YOU STARTED A GREAT STORY THAT HAS THE MAKINGS OF A NOVEL OR NOVELLA. I WAS HOPING TO SEE A LONGER OFFERING. PLEASE CONSIDER!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow!

A great follow-up to the original story. It answers a lot of questions, but still leaves many unanswered. I certainly would like to see one more chapter in this saga.

jneric2691jneric2691over 5 years ago
Great Story!

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Nope

I'd never forgive anyone of stealing my childs childhood away from me

I'm vindictive enough that I would have sandbagged her friends in court and argued that the child should have gone with her grandparents

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Even dumber than the first

I an attempt to pretty up our intrepid heroine from all the dumb shit in the first chapter we find all the reasons given were a lie

That really what was going on is that in order to never lose her one true love she had to lose her one true love and steal his daughters life away from him.

All becuase while she could handle losing her one true love, she couldnt risk losing him is the one specific way of via her parents money?

As I said even dumber than the first

Also why wasnt she worried about her lesbian friends succumbing to the money?

And if she had explained the situation to the lesbian, her boss, and everyone else who knew about her kids why did all of them distrust him knowing her never did anything wrong?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
The best

The shack stories are surely the best read on this site. I've just reread the whole lot for the umteenth time, and I've never encountered better. So please Mr Author, can we have more? Thank you!

newtinmplsnewtinmplsabout 5 years ago
I like your consistency

You are writing about a group of people connected in part by the fact that they are not really "normal", but all in a similar way, in a similar direction.

And to the "anonymous" that just doesn't get how seductive money can be... well I suppose that's good in a way. S/he may be immune. Most people aren't.

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Who Emma but who he?

Series good

Character Sgt?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Fuck, you can write.

It should be your career.

GrimmerGrimmerover 4 years ago
Damn

This was freakin awesome

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Coal shoot?

Lol!!

gnfitchgnfitchabout 4 years ago
Coal shoot

Anon 2/10/20, you must be a big city boy. Grand parents had one for storing fuel in the cellar for the coal/wood burning stove in the kitchen. Also to the pot belly heater in the living room. Coal truck would drop the coal onto the shoot, down it would go to the cellar. Think playground slide. South central Utah, mid 1950's, high desert.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

@gnfitch, Anon's comment had nothing to do with country vs city. He was laughing at coal "shoot." The word, as you apparently also don't know is "chute - a sloping channel or slide for conveying things to a lower level."

Think of the old kids' game, "Chutes and Ladders."

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 4 years ago
Emma's rationale makes no sense

The story is written as a 5, but the main two plot points make no sense.

(1) Emma comes across as both a good and brilliant person. How could she not understand that the Reinhardt could never corrupt her Sargeant. Thus, her explanation for not telling him about their daughter makes no sense.

(2) Even if there was a possibility of corruption, Emma just does not strike me as a person who would deny her daughter a father, particularly a very good father, and deny Sargeant his daughter.

The authors failure to analyze and explain these inconsistencies just left me cold with the story.

kirei8kirei8about 4 years ago
Normally, I don't like parallel stories

But in this case, the author changed enough to make it very interesting. That is hard to do! Excellent writing skills. Thank You

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Felt like a retcon. As someone pointed out.

Reinhardt could never corrupt her Sargeant. Thus, her explanation for not telling him about their daughter makes no sense.

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 3 years ago

This is a second read...it was

as good as the first.

Virgo6Virgo6over 3 years ago
I swear

Reading a couple of your anon, Critics I wonder how some of them ever get any joy out of reading. I loved the fast paced, no filler style. Meat and potatoes. Your, stories don’t require salad. Like another commenter, said . You can put more emotion, mystery and action in 2 pages, than many very good writers can in 10.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Wonderful follow up

Another well earned 5/5

More of these two characters please

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A 5 Star Story

But the blogger style spacing is disconcerting. I am hopeful that is tidied in your later works still to be read.

Bravo!

Bo47Bo47about 3 years ago

Brilliant-cut blue topaz of a story. Two views of the same events - with retro background story that latches onto your soul liks a pit bull and drags you along with it. How in the world do you top 'Needles and Delaney'? With blue topaz eyes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

terrible. don´t have time or ambition to explain.

arrowglassarrowglassabout 3 years ago
Just read this again too!

It is ever so good and I really enjoy your writing style!!! Don't ever stop...please!!!

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithalmost 3 years ago

What a great nickname Danger Mouse, wonderful tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

For those who want to throw their money at todd here is a comment that he put in a place where very few would read it.

We have novelized the first three Needles and Delaney stories into an ebook on Amazon, titled, originally enough as "Needles and Delaney." We did that partly because so many have asked us to, partly because it was just something new to do, and partly as to protect the work - there are people who skim sites for stories then publish them as ebooks under false names. Some of the real heavy hitters here have had that happen to them.

Doc Spirit 3

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

Very good tale, on to the next one. There are many corrupt people in this world. They are called politicians and multi Billionaires.

jimjam69jimjam69almost 3 years ago

Excellent! Great finish. Five stars as always.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

good!...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Same comment. this is no way to end a story!! great story though. LP

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Love your stories, but I have to ask: You got something against baby boys? Seems like it's always girls, never boys. Regardless, I really enjoy your stories. Thanks for posting. 5 stars, as usual.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I read this story a long time ago, and accidentally clicked on it today.

Then I reread it. Just as good as last time.

You're good at this.

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

A great but short background story. Now I know who she is!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I don’t believe I’ve ever read a follow-on story from a second perspective as good as this one. Most of the time, they are rehashes of what was in the original, sometimes with large swaths of text copied verbatim. This was quite different and excellent.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 2 years ago

Of course five stars. Second reading. Secrets between lovers suck. Life principle. Fine example here.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

This author has a talent, I smile I almost laugh the there is a tear in my eye. What can I say, I just don't have the words except, thank you for the wonderful stories and how real these characters are to you, the author.

Siteseeker020Siteseeker020over 2 years ago

It is a great story,both parts of it. It makes me want more and what else can you say.

Cracker270Cracker270over 2 years ago

Second reading love it more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Damn. Todd is the brilliant one. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Please keep writing...

...you are one of the writers whose stories are consistently marvelous, and I absolutely envy your continual ability to create new worlds, characters, and stories.

SDN1955SDN1955about 2 years ago

I usually don’t care for series that have a “his perspective/her perspective” division. This one was absolutely great. I felt I knew the main characters for a long time by Todd’s writing.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTodd172@Todd172
I write my stories to relieve the population pressure. Too many people banging around in there and the only way to get them out is to write them out. There's a bitter ex-Navy Master Chief living next to a quietly desperate tarnished Russian angel, who is trying to keep her sou...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Blue Topaz Eyes Previous Part

SIMILAR Stories