All Comments on 'Booklovers'

by Seanathon

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Books and Lovers

One of the nicest stories I've read in quite a while, it kept my interest to the very end. And a happy ending, too.

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitover 10 years ago
GOOD

Well written story. Good character development. You really know how to make a despicable character stand out and you did so with Aaron. Your characterization of Emily was great also. She was, perhaps, a little too forward sexually but I only think that because of how shy and mousy you made her at first. Carolyn was another good characterization. I have seen her character traits in so many actual women in my life I felt I knew her before it all hit the fan. Well done.

SeanathonSeanathonover 10 years agoAuthor
Thanks

Thanks for the kind comments, and I'm glad you enjoyed the story!

While Emily may not have seemed as sexually forward (hopefully) as Chloe, it's been my experience with shy girls that, once you break down that barrier, watch out!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Sweet. A little long, and predictable, but a good read

Red_JakalRed_Jakalover 10 years ago
Thoroughly Enjoyed

Books and Lovers, what a fantastic combination. This was a great read all the way around, I look forward to reading more from you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
5 stars

Great story:) I knew something like that was going to happen with cloe or whatever her name was, any one who comes on that hard right after meeting someone is going to be a problem

harmonyjonesharmonyjonesover 10 years ago
Loved It!

As someone who definitely does have a thing for books, I really liked this story from the beginning. I'd love to own a bookstore full from top to bottom of books... and maybe a special someone too. haha.

patientleepatientleeover 10 years ago
Sweet story.

Although, I was pulling for Emily to find somebody that wasn't so easily distracted by a casual blowjob. And why didn't the dog like Harold?

SeanathonSeanathonover 10 years agoAuthor
TYVM

Thanks again for the comments and the reads!

The question of why Molly didn’t like Harold is the one thing I’ve been asked most about the story. An earlier version of the story detailed a bit of their relationship before Aaron arrived at the store, but I was worried that the story was getting too long and edited it out.

There was nothing ever sinister about Harold, he’s just a nice old man who also loves books. At first I had it that Molly didn’t like him because he walked with a limp, but I thought that sounded lame (pun intended). And then I thought maybe she didn’t like him because he wore a hat, but thought that didn’t sound much better (even though, according to the Internet, these are actually two of the top triggers that make some dogs bark at people). Next time I will replace Harold's character with a cat.

And as for poor Aaron, he was hoping for more than a casual blowjob from Chloe, but learned what happens when you choose the party girl over the quiet one. And, even though he made a huge mistake, he’s lucky that Emily is the type of girl who believes in giving a guy a second chance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Loved it!

Fantastic story, and very well written!

I hope you win the Valentine's Day contest. :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Well Done :-)

As a book lover myself I think this story is fantastic, and as a fan of erotic fiction it's also very good. Well done to you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
This should have been the winner!

This story sums up what loving books and literature is about! On top of that it's beautifully written, with a very believable storyline, and really captivating. Thank you for writing this, and I'm amazed you didn't win the contest.

ByronicBitchByronicBitchover 9 years ago
Absolutely loved it😃😃

Well set and very well written.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 9 years ago
This was really nice...

I had a job in a bookstore once and was stunned when I learned not only were we supposed to tear the covers off of books we didn't sell but that we were to then throw them away...

Oh sure, some books deserve that but sheesh, that hurt for a while...

Also had a job in a library and it's amazing how quickly it heats up when you're in a narrow aisle with a girl intentionally sliding past you... or ALMOST sliding past - especially when your hands are full of media...

legerdemerlegerdemeralmost 9 years ago
Sweet story

I enjoyed your story, nicely done. It was a little formulaic, and the writing was very good in many parts and a bit stiff in others, but overall, very nice.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Beguiling

i love this Authors work ..

visited the profile again after reading Boondockers .. ..

.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Good read. The part with Chloe in it I found a turn off but otherwise it was a well written and structured story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Nice

Very nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Blown away by the author's writing!

Wow, another great story! I hope there are more to come!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Chloe subplot didn't really work

While I understand the author created Chloe as a counterpoint to Emily, it didn't really work in the story. While I don't have anything against Chloe herself (although I don't approve of her cheating), it didn't seem credible that Aaron would suddenly dump Emily for Chloe. It seems more plausible that Chloe would intrigue Aaron,so he'd pay attention to both. After all, Emily has been so nice to Aaron, so why would he forget her?

I think it's a bit extreme to burn down the bookstore right after Aaron finds the J. D. Salinger letter, but that loss also helps Aaron return to Emily.

In spite of my criticism, still loved this story.

luv2read2

ThelvynerThelvynerover 7 years ago
Chloe

I think including his sleeping with Chloe was a huge mistake. This went from a 4 to a 2. Sorry, she ruined it for me.

auhunter04auhunter04almost 7 years ago

While some tension was needed, using a hot lady, married and dodging AA, to me does not feel it right. gave it 5* anyway

c50chrisc50chrisover 5 years ago
I LOVED this story.

Beautiful romance / love story. You came up with a unique concept to hold the story together.

floriboyfloriboyalmost 4 years ago
Very lovely story!

Nothing to add.

a_reader_from_germanya_reader_from_germanyabout 3 years ago

Because of the happy ending and the positive character development of Aaron the story concluded satisfactorily. However, the way Aaron acted towards Chloe, just when Emily began to thaw, made him appear to be an asshole and a dumbass. I mean, girls, give us some credit here. Aaron is not a 14 year old pubescent. I don't know anybody who would toss away a blooming relationship with a girl like Emily for the prospect of fornicating with someone coming on as strong as Chloe does, almost literally at first sight. Aaron's initial greed was off-putting too, if to a lesser degree. Still, I'm always grateful for a romantic story, in which the Male does not turn into a dominating, demeaning airhead as soon as the MC's start having sex.

All in all, this is still a solid "5" in my book. I'm a sucker for a heartwarming story, and this one fits the bill.

BigpickleBigpickleover 2 years ago

I think this story is a masterpiece. It brought tears to my eyes every time I read it. Thank you for bringing the characters to life. I must now search for other stories you have written, in anticipation that they will be like this one If they are not I will still have this one to read over and over. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Emily deserved someone better than Aaron. Disappointing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Aaron is an asshat, Emily is a sweetheart. Emily should have had a better ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

MARIAM THE 60 YR OLD HORNY BITCH IS DESECRATING THE BOOKSTORE, JYST MAKE IT A WHOREHOUSE AND EMILY IS FUCKING DESPERATE FOR THAT STYPID BASTARD AARON! THIS WAS NOT ROMANCE, JUST TRASH

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

2 Star

Aaron the simp threw Emily away the second Chloe walked in. He had morals for not wanting an affair with a married woman but he was only interested in Emily when Chloe wasnt relationship worthy. Emily deserves so much better.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous