All Comments on 'Boredom'

by the Troubador

Sort by:
  • 136 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
YOU HAVE BECOME A COWARD IN YOUR WRITINGS.

YOU LEAVE STORIES HALF FINISH AND ENDING THAT SEAM WIMPY.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
True to Life

This is not the most satisfying of stories, but it is a good depiction of how a reasonable man would react. I agree with your author's note that there is probably no way to restore the marriage.

Kanga40Kanga40almost 20 years ago
Good, BUT...

Why does it happen so often that the 'wronged' male is the one who goes off, tail between his legs to sleep in the spare room.

This seems to me symbolic of his weakness. why not demand she is the one who moves??

Maybe a small quibble, but significant to me.

The Erotic AvengerThe Erotic Avengeralmost 20 years ago
I like this the first time I read it...

And time didn't diminish the message. I could see him booting her out but there is something to be said about making a fresh start, leaving the memories behind. It is what I have come to expect from the Troubador, and intelligent and realistic portrayal. AUTHOR, AUTHOR!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Many Things Can Be "Re-stored"

It depends on the people involved, the circumstances involved, as well as the magnitude of the offenses.

For people who have little or no jealousy, if that's possible (some say it is), one partner or the other (or both) having sex outside of the marriage may be somewhat of a disagreeable thing; but it is not a marriage killer. Compromises can be worked out.

For others, who truly value monogomy (not that they are totally "possessive" but that they believe in not jumping from one sexual partner to another, exchanging human fluids, possibly passing around germs and viruses, BEYOND the emotional tolls violation of trust has upon a marriage; they believe that if you want others, for example, that you should get a divorce first; etc.) --- this sort of blatant violation of trust and commitment will not stand, it doesn't matter how much they might have loved the straying partner.

Vernon, the husband in this fictional story, seems to be of the latter. The couple has no kids, so for this story, I think it is better they split up, as the man said. I'm sure if they HAD children, he might be less inclined to "cut the losses" at this point; he might want to gauge the viability of their marriage, further, despite the wife's egregious offense.

Tears are an enigmatic, human thing. Sometimes they are real; other times they are as fake as acting! Can't tell by the tears these days! LOL

But as is, the husband said and did the right thing: if she wanted to fool around, he should not have to suffer (in case she gets some diseases) with her, or by her. There are plenty of good, trustworthy women (and men, if the shoe were on the other foot) out there; people shouldn't go by the "heart" when the "brain" says a person is not worth it...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
a nonny mouse

Excellent, as usual. You are truly a gifted writer. I hope my grade will help offset the zero that semi-literate oaf gave you because you made the husband "SEAM wimpy.

gnfgnfalmost 20 years ago
A truly great story,

as good as it gets. I agree that there is little chance that they will remain together. I have seen many critics that write that a little cheating or even a lot of cheating is okay. You don't own the person, or some other such verbage. I agree that you don't own a spouse; however whenever there is a partnership and vows, promises or oaths are taken, an agreement is made. Breaking that agreement is grounds for terminating that partnership. We have become accustomed to not being responsible for our actions. It is always somebody elses fault.

At least the wife did not blame her husband for lack of performance, she just wanted to play. It is not mentioned if anybody used any protection during the escapades so who knows if anybody might be subjected to some form of STD or HIV. I am assuming that her partying ways were not limited to just Phoenix so how many people were involved with her is a big question.

I love they way that you bring out all the emotions of your characters. This was probably as real to life as it gets. Some people cheat, some people get violent, I don't agree that if someone cheats that you take a shotgun to them and their lover to prove you are not a wimp. Vernon is taking the appropriate action, nobody is going to jail nobody is going to die; however she will have to live with the conquences of her actions for the rest of her life.

I have noticed that anon below must have much hate in their soul, and that he/she has to shout it out to the world.

Love your work, keep to your standards. You are one of the best authors on this site. Great job, great story.

George

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
endings

You are a talented writer and I enjoy your stories ... until the endings. Apparently you cannot fashion a decent ending. I understand, the endings are perhaps the hardest past of writing a story. Better luck next time

jimd51jimd51almost 20 years ago
Excellant as usual

Okay I'll admit some of your stories are better than others, but that us usually a personal perspective on my part. My 21 yr marriage is great, yet I can really feel for this guy. My chest tightened as I read through this. A truly amazing job Troubador

Ghost BearGhost Bearalmost 20 years ago
Good Story

Vernon did the right thing.

A one time slip may be forgiven but she had been playing around for some time and with multiple partners.

Another great story from the Troudador.

dsidedsidealmost 20 years ago
A very good story

As usual a true to life (unfortunately) story. You are right when you say that they will probably split forever. Vernon realizes that he can't trust her because she has become a total cheating slut. Sally says that she was just bored with being gone so much but yet she kept extending her trips. There is no doubt that she would have played even if she didn't have to travel. I agree with one of the previous comments that he should have made her leave or go to the spare bedroom. Why should he be inconvenienced he has already been betrayed? I think that you should have gone into greater depth as to the ramifications of her affairs but don't know what else should have been said.

Thank you for the great stories'

Don

the Troubadorthe Troubadoralmost 20 years agoAuthor
Troubador

I have to give a comment on the guy leaving the marriage bed.

He flat out does NOT want to try to sleep in the bed he and she have shared. It's not being a wimp, it is for his own peace of mind.

Kanga, it's not being a wimp, it is trying to maintain his mental equilibrium. The other partner is left lying in a cold bed with cold memories.

And a last note, please reread the preface to the story. In many ways I am sorry I can't send out "the Rest of the Story".

ryu77ryu77almost 20 years ago
Another great story!

No wonder I put you in my favorite authors list, your stories are good.

I agree with another poster, if they would have had children, I guess they would have tried harder to make things work out.

Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
A Dangerous lifestyle

What struck me about the wife in this story was her taking multiple partners during her trips. Given that aspect of her behaviour, the ending of the marriage was a predictable conclusion. Her actions were reckless and put her husband at risk.

This personality type that holds on to a married relationship while engaged in high risk sexual activities still intrigues me. I would fault you for not giving us any insight into why Sally needed this outlet and why she had extended her trips over time. But given the story was told from the husband's perspective I don't think he would really care as to the "why" of her behavior.

In my opinion the story ended at the right place in their lives. Thanks again for a very entertaining read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
yes

Thank you for such a good storyunfortunately this happens. I agree with what he done wholeheartedly. If this happened all the time would be less cheating going on. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Mixed reation

I liked the story overall, except for the parts of giving her the benefit of the doubt and sitting there while his wife was getting banged, and, his calmness. An average male would have at least when threatened replied, "This is her husband and I am on my way up Randy after I call your wife."

He seemed so beaten. I would have liked to have had him fighting back.

HuwRHuwRalmost 20 years ago
Loved story

Againg a great story. No wimps or pathetic cuckolds. True to what the reaction of most men would be. Again keep up the good work. Would have liked a follow up on the future of the wife.

HuwR

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Let's see "The Rest of the Story"

I did reread the preface, notwithstanding that, I would still like to see "the rest of the story". Your preface indicates that you already have one in mind. I am sure that I am not alone in being interested in seeing how you would end it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
THERE IS NO EXCUSE NEEDED

SIR YOU DON'T NEED A EXCUSE IN ADULTRY FOR COUPLE BREAK UP.THIS LADY BROKE THE DEAL OF HER MARRIAGE BY SLEEPING AROUND.YOU WERE TO LIGHT ON HER ,HE SHOULD HAVE CLEAN EVERYTHING OUT OF HOUSE AND BANK ACCOUNT WHILE SHE WAS CHEATING.

Nightowl21Nightowl21almost 20 years ago
The ending

It is a very good story. But as in real life there is an ending.needed. Life goes on and there is either a divorce, most likely, but there COULD be a reconciliation.

Troubadour, if you have a good idea about that ending you should write it!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Bored? PLay??

Without the ending it can't be 100. Bored is all it took to break all of her marriage vows?

Divorce is the answer.

Nightowl21

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Still waiting for the ending

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying I would love to see how you envision the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Great but unfinished

Another great Troubador story. I loved as I usually do your stories. When will you have the next chapter? Soon I hope!

Highlander

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
FInnaly! A story with a little reality!

I agree. No pathetic cucholds (sic), no magical transformations into freewheeling swingers. A real story. The ending is the ending. Life does go on, but not for these 2 together. Let's be real: statistics arre showing that a cheater, male or female will remain a cheater and marriages can't exist without trust. If a person can't keep to the marriage vow, how can one possible believe a person will keep any other promise?

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Great story

Typical well written Troubador story in which actions have consequences that are sometimes sad. I had to go back and reread this to make sure I recalled it correctly . I recently read "Vickie" and I could not believe it was written by the same writer. In that story the Troubador appears to applaud a "loving wife" who has sex with husbands best friend to get pregnant and for pleasure but there do not seem to be any consequences other than admiration for her love for two men. Why the change of attitude"? 60 year old George

fakers51fakers51over 19 years ago
A way to answer

I like the strength of the husband who stated he knew how to keep his pecker. Troubador, would like to see a closure becuse this is a magnificent read to leave it hanging like this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Needs a finish

Needs conclusion. Either reconcile (NO! NO!) or move on. Leaving the door open makes him seem willing to take her back eventually. But cheating because she was 'bored'. No way!! Dump her. And kick HER out of the maritial bed!

sexmatesexmateabout 19 years ago
Still needs closure!

I read your preface! But it still needs a finish! I hate to be left hanging on these stories. Since it is half a story it will get half a score of which could have been a "5" if it were finished.

Sexmate

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Very good

No closure needed. They will get divorced and he can get someone younger she will have to settle for an older man.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
well done

You are probably right, this union would be difficult to repair, but I wonder if that's totally true? He will obviously insist on divorce. They will be apart for some time, but then.....???? Wouldn't be interesting to see how their lives turn out?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Needs a Finish

It needs to be wraped up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Bullshit

Honey, I love you with all my heart and my very soul even though you are a cheating slut and have risked my life by fucking several other men. Do any of you do gooders know how to spell the word wimp? If you were to look in Webster's you would find a picture of this guy. How could he ever trust her? Why would he believe any words, or deeds, from her? Oh, I almost forgot. She was bored. Sounds like a reason to me. She is a cheating slut and he is a cuck wimp. Perfect ingrediants for a happy, loving marriage. Happy days are here again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
It's over

Multiple partners over a long period of time. Lying. Going early and staying late so she can be with lovers. Putting the husband at risk for STDs and possibly AIDS? Nope. All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put this one back together.

The bit at the end was obviously the set up for a future reconciliation but I don't think so. A story from Sally's POV might be nice but patching it up? Doubtful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
why you stop finishing your stories

you don't complete your stories anymore.

zed0zed0over 17 years ago
OkAY

At least he hasn't WIMPED OUT (yet)! Wimp will probably take the slut back in parts 2,3&4.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
why didn't he tell randy wife where he was

randy in bed fucking my wife here the number.do something that show some kind of justice or revenge.there a lot of ways of been a wimp.you as a writer write your male lead as soft men.

Alvaron53Alvaron53about 17 years ago
Boredom was more than just the title

Back in the Dark Ages, I was taught that stories should have a beginning, a middle and an end. You did pretty good: you got two out of the three. Here's a fifty for your effort and I thank you.

louguy35louguy35about 17 years ago
How do you write a story???

This story was well plotted, reasonably well developed, and was interesting as far as it went. Where it went, however, was that it had no ending. Let me see now...writing a story involves having an opening or beginning part, then a middle part, and then...AN ENDING.

It is a shame that it has become a fad for Lit.com writers to ignore the simple, basic rules. My, my...isn't it so cute that they do that?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
What are readers reading?

i JUST REREAD THIS STORY AFTER 2 PLUS YEARS AND STILL THINK IT'S A FINE STORY. i DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR READERS ARE READING. wHEN HUSBAND SAYS, "i WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO TRUST YOU AGAIN-- i'M MOVING OUT .IN THE NEAR FUTURE WE CAN STOP AT THE BANK AND SPLIT OUR ASSETS 50/50. THAT SURE SOUNDS LIKE CLOSURE TO ME.

60 YEAR OLD GEORGE

David1943David1943about 17 years ago
Resolution

You left open the possibility of reconciliation, and then listened to readers who ill advised you to not continue this story. There are so many ways you could go on, so please do so. Speaking as one who has had some form of pain at the behavior of my wife, I can say that it is possible to remain together and develop a stronger bond after such hurt. Explore what you would do if you were to be in this situation.

bornagainbornagainalmost 17 years ago
the stupid wife

When sally said what can i do to make up for what i did He should have said to sally "yea you can put a gun to your fore head and shoot yourself "

Pat

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
vernon

i think that the topic being raised in the story is one of the problems that a couple may encounter.. if wer'e vernon, i would want to know the bottom of why she cheated on vernon, so that he could learn from the mistakes he had made.. vernon tried to get away from the feeling by not knowing what had happen to his wife.. so for all of those readers out there, you just have to be brave facing this kind of problem.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
A cheater will always cheat again ...

The husband is wimp for allowing this charade to continue - hopefully, he will find his balls and kick this slut trash to the curb.

jackiedanielsjackiedanielsover 15 years ago
No Way

There would be no way for him to ever be able to trust her again,she loves that lifestyle,more commonly known as a bar slut plain and simple,If she felt she needed to go out dancing and have a few drinks why didn,t she talk to him about it, No it wasn,t only for the drink and dance she also wanted the strange ,from differant men ,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
the talk

There is no man who would stay so calm and entertain ideas of them staying married after all the trouble he went though to find out if she was cheating.Then to find out it's with two men in two days and been going on for a while and she only done it because she was bored. Please read your own stories IT HELPS.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
The story and the characters....

only deserve the following resolution:"Give me a break you fucking slut,it just happened?I was bored?Well when your family asks about the divorce tell them,it just happened,Vernon was bored!"Pistolpackinpete

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
This story could have used

a chapter 2. The character you created went to a lot of trouble finding out of his wife's infidelity.The confrontation was handled properly but although he's leaning toward divorce, he is still giving his wife a chance to make amends for reconciliation, just by asking her not to date if she was serious in mending the relationship. Part of the ending says it's over and part says maybe not. Chapter 2 could have solved that question.<p>Not a bad written story, it was entertaining and deserved a better score than some of the zeroes given by readers. I've never made it a habit of grading stories based on personal bias. Thanks for a decent read author. ML

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

What's next?

MarvinSMarvinSalmost 13 years ago
Ending

That's OK...this ending is enough.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Lousy

The one thing I can't stand is an author who doesn't have enough brains to extend to the people reading his story the courtesy of finishing it.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
I rated the story 5 stars.

However, unless the husband doesn't want to be married, I disagree with author and believe the union can and should be saved. He can replace the wife, but the next will be just as likely to cheat.

Women are the most conniving creatures on the planet but even when you know they are lying, when they smile, bat their eyes, and do their sexy wiggles, they appear so innocent that you cannot help but love them. Just don’t expect women to act contrary to their nature and you will not be disappointed.

It is the nature of women to look out for their self-interest and at that they excel. Just as you don’t expect the cat to go against its nature and not get the canary if given the opportunity, you shouldn’t expect women to be different than their nature.

Your girlfriend probably believes it when she promises that she will never cheat. However, it is her nature to want to trade up; therefore, she can’t help it, she is always looking. She may be loyal and true, but as soon as she is certain of someone better to replace you, she will pounce.

If you consider it from a natural selection viewpoint, women are not difficult to understand. Modern times are just a flash in the pan compared to the eons of the Stone Age so we still have our Stone Age brains. The winning strategy is to produce the most descendants. During the Stone Age for men the usual winning strategy was to impregnate the most women. For women, the winning strategy was to find a good provider for her and her children and when ovulating to have sneaky sex to select the best genes. Women that did not select the best genes for their eggs if given the opportunity when the risk was low are not our ancestors.

Most wives and girlfriend may cheat, but usually not often. Typically it requires that she is at or near evaluation, the opportunity for sneaky sex with a superior male is there, and the risk is low. For example, if the husband is out of town, she meet this super good looking guy when she is ovulation, and he pushes the right buttons, it is almost a certainly that she will be compelled to have sex. However, all those conditions may never occur.

Based on limited studies, approximately ten percent of husbands are not the biological father of children they believe they sired. The women most likely to cheat are those with the most to gain. Beautiful women marry the top men therefore, for them cheating offers little advantage. And, contrary to popular belief, they cheat less.

If, in the unlikely event, you discover that your wife or girlfriend cheated, unless the cheating is excessive, don’t be upset because she couldn’t help it; she was just following her nature. It doesn’t make much sense to replace her when her replacement will be just like her.

The secret of women is to love them for being wonderful little imps, to take what they have to offer, and to not expect more. So what, if they are devious, lying, little cheats. They are way ahead of whatever comes in second.

tazz317tazz317almost 13 years ago
GOING STEADY

does not a marriage make/ 50/50 looks good and splitsville. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Nice work Troubador!

Thank you for sharing it with us. DWornock - if you knew twice as much as you think you do, you'd be half as smart as you think you are.

Scorpio44Scorpio44almost 13 years ago
Nicely done...

Well written and paced. I liked it. Her reasoning was lame, but just about as lame as most people are when caught.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Where is the rest of this story

You stopped it in the middle

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
another story without and ending

The crap you wrote about a logical ending is just that, crap!! You had a good story, well written and I enjoyed it until it's illogical and untimely ending. To bad to waste a good story this way.

RM

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Fleshy tube?

His speech to her about a fleshy tube and a dominatrix was inane.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Dogs

yeah but thats dogs you're talking about, i think with a bit more depth and perhaps by goig into an area you don't like, the hubby and wife can stay together. there are too many dumb stories of the hubby taking revenge, they're boring!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
Dead Marriage

She made an unwilling cuck of him and now she asks for forgiveness? Fuck her.

ValundarValundarover 11 years ago
what a whore

Dump the ho.

Good story, and i liked where/how you left it end.

Good story.

****

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
the only problem

the only problem is that he did not dump the cheating fucking cunt to begin with. and why the fuck should he leave she was the cheating cunt.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Enjoyed it

I agree with you that there is no way to repair the damage done. She may very well love him and only want to be with him. I believe it is possible. She made a mistake. However, while a mistake may be forgiven, she orchestrated a whole other life. She fucked many men over a long period. She formed attachments. But most horribly, she chose to intentionally leave on these trips more frequently. That is the damning action.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Really a fucked up story.

Cheating whore wife, wimpy poo husband. Gutless author. Winning combination. Author, go straight to hell for creating such shitty stories of weak men (you asshole). Do I need to draw you a picture (with a large crayon?

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
Wimp?

He found out what she was doing, and took action shortly thereafter. Exactly why is he a wimp? Because he didn't physically hurt the Bulls? They are NOT nice guys BUT they are not his business and probably did not force or coerce Sweetie into anything! Not Hubby's job to 'fix' OR fuck-up their lives!

Because Hubby didn't bust Sweetie's chops (BTB)? ... Great way to conduct yourself straight to jail. He did confront her shortly after she got back 'home!' No reconciliation! Recognition that it COULD possibly happen WAS mentioned, with no promises, and clearly (coldly) listing the strict unilateral conditions he was imposing!

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 11 years ago
Lickydee it's a wimp story dude

He saw her he was there. He did nothing, then wanted to split everything 50/50.

Why? Would a woman do the same or would she fry his ass

phil2213phil2213over 10 years ago
Cheaters web is woven and this marriage is crumbled.

Boredom doesn't fit this story but that's one man's opinion. The husband acted reasonable to ascertain the finality of his marriage and to establish his suspicions were credible. The husband should've been more proactive in confronting his wife while out of town. Vernon wasn't a typical male in the circumstances and he seemed lesser for it as a main character. Of course, divorce is inevitable but a man should not stop being a man in charge of himself and his life. His wife was set out there with no push or pull from Vernon. The apathy exhibited by Vernon was digestible. The fury a man would feel given similar circumstances would be unbridled bordering insanity. Physical brute force is the usual manner most men act out on in these circumstances unlike good ole Vernon. Sorry but this story lacked the heart of a human.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 10 years ago
Author, you are the soul of a reasonable husband who never gets angry...

...is meticulously fair to the cheating wife, no penalties for cheating, moves out leaving her the house, blah blah blah. Never any revenge on the men cheating with the wife, no voice raised in anger, just a mild-mannered wimp. I am surprised you don't have them beg forgiveness for checking up on her etc. I will read some more of your stuff and if you ever have a husband get revenge I will honor with you a congratulatory comment. Otherwise I will not comment, this one will be adequate for the rest. I do not mark you down for this since they are interesting even if I do not agree with your philosophy.

ACP45ACP45over 10 years ago
I love it

It has to be the husband's fault. Why? Because he got mad when he found his wife shacking up with someone else's husband who couldn't keep his zipper up. This woman has to be the dumbest broad in town to extrapolate his anger after the fact to it being his fault in the beginning.

ACP45ACP45over 10 years ago
Opps - cancel the last.

Comment for the wrong submission...

carvohicarvohiover 10 years ago
Hi!

I'm coming to this story a little late so I doubt if the author or other commenters will notice.

Of course the story was over; it ended when he got home after he caught her.

My concern relates to my personality. I know I couldn't have had breakfast and then held a civil discussion afterward. I know I couldn't have spent another day in that house what with the reminders of her presence.

I would have gone on home, packed up only what I needed and left. Pictures and other memorabilia I'd leave for her. The last thing I would have done would have been to have left my wedding ring maybe with my return flight ticket someplace conspicuous so she would clearly know. I would have separated our accounts, found a place to live. contacted a lawyer and I would have moved on.

I wouldn't have tried to call her out for adultery; my suit would have been based strictly on irreconcilable differences. I would never offer anything at any meetings with lawyers or court appointed persons or otherwise. I'd play it cold and straight; no negotiations, no discussions, no nothing.

I admit I know I would certainly cry like a baby when I was alone, but she'd never know. I'd suffer for sure, but I would suck it up and suffer alone, I would never ever let her know. Come on, Vernon was right, she owned him, but she threw him away. I'd suffer, I'd cry, I'd grieve, but I'd go on. Eventually I'd find somebody else.

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
I liked this one

It is a matter of personality. I agree with the husbands behavior. It doesn't matter if he loves her, she clearly does not love him enough to be married to him. She is just another stupid greedy woman trying to have it all. Why get upset about it, the husband screwed up by marrying her as much as she was just screwed up. She admitted she did it because she thought she could get away with it. She is stupid and immoral. Those two traits will be present in all aspects of her life in other forms. The husband would have seen them at one time or another. He should have known better. So, time to move on. Hopefully he is a little wiser. Wis wife, not so lucky, stupid and immoral does not get better with age and experience, just sneakier.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 10 years ago
He should have had her things on the porch or in the yeard when she got home.

He is being too calm and fair. She deserves nothing reasonable. Throw the bitch out. Cancel her credit cards, take all the money. He should never have let her back into the house. Later he could give her half the money but let her scramble for a while. Let her be bored out on the street. Fuck this "leaving" and putting yourself out. Put her out!

Charley49erCharley49erabout 10 years ago
Interesting

that the reactions of many are "This is what I would have done." They do not phrase it this way, but seem to imply that the husband should have done it the way they see it. This writer created a character who reacted the way he set this character up. No BTB here. In fact I think the way he treats her is more painful than if he had beaten her, threw her stuff out. share photos on the internet or any of the other suggestions. And he does not go to jail. Seems to me in the end, the man was true to himself, and honest with her. She will suffer in the long term: Shame and guilt can be very potent and painful emotions.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 10 years ago
Nice

Fucking cunt. Why do they always pledge their love and fidelity after they are caught? Great little tale.

Don't cheat

connoisseur29connoisseur29almost 10 years ago
****

OK, now BTB! Cheers!

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
MR NICE GUY GETS TO RE-BOOT HIS LIFE

and give her the freedom she needs help with. TK U MLJ LV NV no stars

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
Clean the Wound

It is always best to clean a wound out thoroughly! That means getting a confession out of her (recorded) Putting all you evidence into a nice report and sending the above to all your friends and all her coworkers. Let the world know why you are splitting up, especially the family. After that is done, there will be no need for awkward questions about what happened and why you are getting a divorce. The truth is the truth, the same way you pledged your love to her before family and friends is the same way you should take your love back. Not revenge, truth.

ramonbrookramonbrookalmost 10 years ago
I just reread this story

And I'm not sure if I made comments the first time around but here they are now.

I really agree with the way Vernon left her! With the possibly of getting back together ONLY if she refrains from dating, while he is free to date, let's see how serious she is about loving him!

I really would like to have read about her perspective and how she escalated into cheating on her husband along with any guilt she might have had while it was happening! Then we could gauge for ourselves if she deserves a second chance!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good comment by 'sugna'......

I really like the comment by 'sugna'...... it seems to be a very fair way to balance the situation.... If this is done, after the balance has been restored, then is the time to see if a marriage can be salvaged... it will always be damaged but damaged things can still work. Regards, SimplyMike.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 9 years ago
Sally said

"I just got bored being away so often. "

To which the obvious rejoinder would have been "So you resolved your boredom by leaving a night earlier and coming back a day later? So where were you bored - at home or away?"

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A good read, but.....

the ending left me unsatisfied. Okay he told her not to date but we have no idea how this ended. Did they divorce or did they work out the adultery issue. I've read this story before and the outcome always leaves me wondering. I guess in my little world I don't like gray and white. I want to know the outcome. Otherwise a good entertaining read. Thanks. 4* (ML)

Taffbanjo2013Taffbanjo2013over 8 years ago
No more.

I've read quite a number of The Troubadour's stories. I've found that, however they start, there will be a wimpy, wet ending. Most unsatisfying.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
This writer is one of the best on here. His stories are GREAT!

Not just good but GREAT! I gave T a 5 for this and many of his stories.

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17about 8 years ago
I Am Glad I Found Your Stories

I do not fit in any one single category. I cannot stand stories where a husband allows himself to be cuckolded. But the circumstances and details of the story dictate how much revenge the husband achieves against his straying wife and her lover. Some writers go overboard on their retribution. Some seem scared to indicate a husband may violently react to an arrogant, self-centered wife or lover. Your stories are very well-written. The details of this story warrant the husband to just walk away. Let her own actions, not his, haunt her every thought. Four stars.

SeeingEyeSeeingEyeabout 8 years ago
This may be the worst written paragraph in all of Loving Wives

"Woman, I can't think of anything that could to it at this time. You got bored and your curiosity for someone else's little fleshy tube made you betray me completely. A man invades a woman with that tube. When we say he 'takes her' it is appropriate. You have told me many times to 'take you', to invade, to conquer you. When a woman spreads her legs, she is opening herself up to his invasion of her body. There are some women who act the dominatrix. They in effect are assuming the traditional male role. That is not you, you have been allowing yourself, my most precious 'possession' to be owned by another man. I have carefully, sometimes it seems painfully, kept my vow to you and have kept your man solely yours. I agreed, and still agree that the man is every bit as much a possession of the wife as the woman is of the man. I have kept that vow."

ejsathomeejsathomeabout 8 years ago
Well . . .

. . . it was moderately entertaining. The writing seemed . . . stilted and cold . . . and a bit awkward. Thankfully, it was short, so not so much wasted time. 3*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
2 stars

Fairly well told story, for the most part, but the ending seemed rushed

and flat as hell. Needs at least another page for a satisfactory

ending. You know, convincing the bitch it's over, convincing himself

he's better off without her, and actually kicking her ass to the curb.

Figuratively, of course. No need for any physical attack on her.

Pappy7Pappy7almost 8 years ago
So, in this case

BTB meant Bored the Bitch. Even with the supposedly hard line that hubby was taking he left it open to reconciliation by agreeing to stay in touch with her. Bad decision unless he likes the taste cum because she will get bored again and since it's being at home that's boring he will get to clean her up after her dates to relieve her boredom. Not badly written and as it stands not a bad story, just too many holes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
another story that starts out pretty good but ...........

has no ending. It probably would have been at least a "4" as you write pretty well but when you don't finish the tale and proffer some Bull S..t excuse, you insult your readers as well as waste their time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
i was bored being away

So i decided to extend my trips.

I enjoy your writing but as others have noted you do not finish your stories

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
One Of Your Better Written Stories

I totally agree with you. Absolutely nothing noteworthy can be accomplished by extending the story. And again I agree with you that there is no hope for reconciliation. Boredom is the weakest reason to cheat on a totally devoted spouse. By doing so, you have told your spouse there is absolutely nothing they can do to improve the marriage. And you are too weak to do so. No other option. Very good story like I have come to expect.

Rhinoman1951Rhinoman1951over 7 years ago
No need for the formula

Very good story. Probably a 4 star, but I added one to balance the haters. There are plenty of stories here that follow the BTB formula : wife cheats, husband finds out, wife gets destroyed, disgraced, ruined. Some carry on into the future to show how great the male's life gets as the ex sits penniless, pining away for her could-have-been marriage.

I, for one, enjoy variety. This was a short, bittersweet tale of betrayal, confirmation, and mature reaction. One that I enjoyed very much. I look forward to reading more of your work.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 7 years ago
not 5*

Because he left the door open for reconciliation, I can't give a 5. She doesn't deserve any open door. He should have kicked her out after their talk. And another call to Barbara is needed. Randy needs to be crushed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Loved it.

Short sweet and to the point.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
2* More Pussy Cuck Crap

He just sits there for days watching his wife cheat on him.

Wimpy piece of crap. Author must be one too.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Finish It!

You need to finish this story...it's pretty good, but could be better if you finished it..or put a much needed ending..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
why bother

You wait around while she screws two different guys.

Wait around for her to come home

Wait before going to bank

No wonder she got bored.

Not man enough to walk into hotel roon and interupt Randy and her and let Randy's wife know, at least be man enough to go home, pack, empty bank accounts and leave without a word.

Maybe tracking you down will bring excitement into her life.

Boredom is great name for story...

I have bookmarked it for when one of my manic episodes strikes

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
your author notes

State people read your works for the emotions.

Besides lacking sex this one lacked emotion

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 6 years ago
Only Omission ..

Hubby let Sweetie get away with saying, in essence, that she was bored being away from home. However, Sweetie had changed her travel schedule to stay longer each trip, thus creating an extra night to party and get porked! She had also doubled or tripled her number of 'business' trips - most likely with marginal increase in profits to her employer.

What was implied was that she went to different destinations in her assigned region. Howver, Hubby's conversation with the nightclub hostess gave the impression that Sweetie had one regular destination, where she hooked-up with two guys. If it is the same pattern at two or more locations, then Sweetie has been a busy girl!

5*

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 6 years ago
Perfect Place to Stop!

Short stories (or long novels) do NOT need to bury the grandchildren of the principal characters. What they should do is start (well, include a start somewhere in the story) at a reasonable place and end when the main point(s) intended by the author have been reached. Maybe after one day (Groundhog Day) or maybe after the distant descendents of the main characters are buried (Hawaii!)

This ended 'Just Right!'

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous