All Comments on 'Brother Samuel's Epitaph'

by Samuelx

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
still an asshole

asshole

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Still can't write either

Absolutly no talent, none!

lancewmlancewmabout 15 years ago
Your style of writing is a classic example

of what not to do... described in the classic book "The Elements of Style" by Strunk and White. In a chapter on an approach to style, it says as follows: “9. Do not affect a breezy manner. The breezy style is often the work of an egocentric, the person who imagines that everything that comes to mind is of general interest and uninhibited prose creates high spirits and carries the day. Open any alumni magazine, turn to the class notes, and you are quite likely to encounter old Spontaneous Me at work—an aging collegian who writes something like this: ‘Well, guys, here I am again dishing the dirt about your disorderly classmates, after pas$$ing a weekend in the Big Apple trying to catch the Columbia hoops tilt and a cab-ride from hell through the West Side casbah. And speaking of news, howzabout tossing a few primo items this way?’ This is an extreme example, but …The author in this case has managed in two sentences to commit most of the unpardonable sins: he obviously has nothing to say, he is showing off and directing the attention of the reader to himself, he is using slang with neither provocation nor ingenuity, he adopts a patronizing air by throwing in the word primo, he is humorless (thought full of fun), dull, and empty…” Well, Sam, old boy, that sure describes you perfectly. I sure wish you would pick up a book on writing some day and pay attention or get a mentor or both. It would save all of here from seeing your Spontaneous Me stuff that sounds exactly like the alumni magazine example above. I wouldn’t be so harsh with you, if I thought you were trying, but you ignore everyone’s advice and keep writing the same Spontaneous Me stuff, over and over again. So I thought I would put it too you directly as food for thought. You put out a lot of words. Try putting all that energy and word power into an interesting story for once. Please.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Still writng garbage

The least creative writer on the forum. Others at least try.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Bullshit !

Load of old bollocks about how good old Sambo is once again, I only hope one day you are banned from ever posting on this website again and your "stories" with their overt political agenda are removed to the trash pile in which they belong. Racist bigoted crap.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSamuelx@Samuelx
2137 Followers
I am Samuelx. I am Black. I am Male. I was born in Cap-Haitien, Northern Haiti, and raised in Brockton, Massachusetts. I now live in Canada. I am the one and only Haitian Trickster, and quite simply live only by my own rules. I...