All Comments on 'Burka'

by Scotsman69

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
This is very beautiful

Spare, not a superfluous word. Hard and wonderful, like the actions and the love it portrays. You have reached a new high Scotsman.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Disappointed

Although pretty well written, it feels like you've taken a step back in your writing. Your "Summit" series was stunningly beautiful in its descriptions and was the perfect blend of romance with a hint of bdsm. It was filled to the brim with emotion. I'm sorry, but "Burka" in no way compares with your others. You missed the mark with this one. I'll keep reading your stuff, and hope you go back to growing as a writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Well-executed

As always, your attention to the technical aspects of good writing is clearly evident. Consequently this piece is eminently readable and comprehensible. One is impressed by the care taken to clearly convey meaning and intent. Your development as a writer is obvious as your explorations in writing lead you further. The atmosphere you have created here is unmistakeable in its sparsity, reflected in the sharp carefully chosen expression. You take the reader directly into the action without apology, without foreplay – an unconditional appropriation of the reader's attention and emotions. Well Done.

yukiko6yukiko6over 14 years ago
Scared

His emptiness is very scary. Her willingness to please and to appease him unconditionally is frightening too. She loves him so much. It's very raw and brutal. You write well. I have some trouble about my admiration for the writing and my opposite feelings about the characters and the action.

deariemedeariemeover 14 years ago
Fetish?

I call this extreme BDSM. Is it a fetish for anonymous hostility? I don't understand this relationship. Your writing is good. I agree with most of the comments posted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Brave stuff,

not an easy read, but I guess that was the intention. Not one I will want to read again, but I am glad I have, hope that makes sense. -- UK CYNIC

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Intense

A very challenging story in its intensity and approach. It's well written despite the level of unease it obviously arouses. There's nothing wrong with challenging readers to think about what happens when you crash into the extreme boundaries of BDSM. You wrote it well, and that's the main thing. Only very convincing writing would elicit reviews such as those below. You can congratulate yourself, knowing that you had your readers in the palm of your hand, even if they didn't like it. That's quite an achievement!

marxistfeministmarxistfeministover 14 years ago
What next?

Snuff? Enough's nuff. Employ your writing ability to better use.

Makybe_DivaMakybe_Divaover 14 years ago
Astonishingly Lean Story!

It drives forward like a locomotive - not a single wasted word or motion. The dark twists and turns of your tale blew my expectations to dust and sent my emotions into a tailspin. Reading it was like razor play; arousal overlaid with terror. Bravo.

Scotsman69Scotsman69over 14 years agoAuthor
Thank you all for your comments.

This was a challenge to write, and I know it is a challenge for many to read. My writing is not supposed to be easy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
A Challenge?

Your first stories were much better written than this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Provocative, but clichéd

When will you guys learn that words like 'slut, bitch, master or lord' are just so overused as to be bland, even unerotic. Great title, disappointing delivery.

spoiled_bratschespoiled_bratscheover 14 years ago
Challenging

As always, this is a well-done and compelling piece of writing. It's not to my taste, but I admire the craftsmanship.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Go back to the drawing board.

What has happened to you? Where were you hiding your talent when you penned this silly story of forced cruelty? In your attempt to prove to us how shockingly depraved you can be, you have succeeded only in showing us how stiltedly and artificially you can write. Dialog and description were once your strong points, but in this effort they are your weaknesses. Your fans deserve better. It does not matter whether one enjoys BDSM or not -- one can only be left feeling cheated after having read this, because we know you used to write so well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
A comment from one of the public

"This was a challenge to write, and I know it is a challenge for many to read. My writing is not supposed to be easy."

There are several things I don't understand. First, why post this under fetish, when it is clearly more BDSM than anything? Second, why was this a challenge? You are known for your BDSM acts in your stories. I see no challenge here, except that maybe you tried to write like someone else. Don't you see that YOU are Scotsman69? You have a style that is all your own. Why would you ever attempt to change a proven-winner recipe? This piece came across as something you put minimal effort into writing, something you did not care about, and something that you didn't care if the readers liked or not. Last, you say your writing is not supposed to be easy. I'm sorry, it was elementary, at best. Give your fans a little more credit, before making a statement like that. We are not mental midgets. We get your writing - at least when it's good.

Scotsman69Scotsman69over 14 years agoAuthor
to anon; 'a comment from one of the public'

I don't do proven recipes. Mills and Boone (there must be a US equivalent) do proven recipes, and they sell in their millions. I write MY stories for me, and my partner, and even she doesn't like some of them, though she's always supportive of my efforts.

I have many more romances in me: at heart I'm in the romantic tradition I think. But I reserve the right to push my boundaries as a writer in whatever direction my muse may take me.

If that means low scores on Lit sometimes, and upsetting some folk who may feel betrayed by my departure from the comfortable niche in which they have placed me, so be it.

I am deeply indebted to Lit for giving me exposure on a public platform larger by thousands than my CW classes. Everything helps me with the two novels in process just now. They are what is driving me, and there's not a whiff of BDSM in either of them.

Forgive me, readers, for making a private reply public, but if folks post anonymous comments, it's the only way I can respond to them.

RubyswallowsRubyswallowsover 14 years ago
Enjoyed it

Since I have not read any of your other submissions, I am unfamiliar with your style, but if this is any indication I'm definitely reading more.

driphoneydriphoneyover 14 years ago
Expectations ...

That's really the only thing that riles the 'customers'. It's not charming, and drags your 'fan base' to a place they don't want to go, sadly, but any grief you're given has nothing to do with this provocative and troubling story, nor your talent as a writer. I, too, felt it probably should have been in BDSM, and that it might have gotten a readership who understands and enjoys the genre there. Personally, like a previous reader, I found it at times intensely erotic, other times disturbing and, finally, in the bathroom scene, horribly non-erotic and disgusting. Should all writing be pleasant? No. I must ponder how one who has not written a piece is to know the effort another has put into it? If this is outside your usual writing and sexual performance comfort zone, it would indeed be a difficult stretch. As one who writes at a much lower level, I find it hard to judge, and the only criticism I have is that I truly enjoyed the internal thought and wish you had let us into their heads just a bit more.

Scotsman69Scotsman69almost 14 years agoAuthor
I'm happy with the comments here.

Read my new story, 'Journey into Melanie's Reality.'

My lover and I have a many-faceted relationship. The new story allows you into the depths of it.

Trudy_AntoneTrudy_Antonealmost 14 years ago

Riveting. Shocking. Twisted. LOVE it when writer's push the envelope. Beats a vanilla romance hands down. Don't want to try this at home but I bet there's people who do. I can see why you posted this in Fetish as opposed to BDSM.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Load of rubbish.

No shower sex?? ewwwwww

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

pointless a 3 star at max

i hate no lube anal stories ,cant he had used some oil or lotion if he is too poor to buy one

ruins the fun of reading anal stories i dont know but it seems most of the lit writers skip lube

hey its not pussy its ass

mere pussy juice or saliva wont make anal right

dont understand the hyped appeal of burka other than islamophobia

i like my girl naked as day with zero make whenever i feel like having her submission

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous