All Comments on 'Burning the Witches Ch. 02'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 49 Comments
CreeperclawCreeperclawover 10 years ago
Aww dude

While I loved the storyline, at times it felt like there was just too much at a time. Joining characters and plots from two or three stories might be ideal but this one felt like aboot ten stories mashed into one. It might just be me but it was a little hard to follow sometimes. Aside from that it was awesomely done. Then again I'm a sucker for violence and weapons, and penance; she is my favorite nun.

My only other grip, Why kill Piety and Mason????

That was cold. Beautiful but so damn cold.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
3*s

Yes you caught me SS06. I can never give you less than 3*s.

I was cheering for the good guys. Um, let me see: Jason,Mason,Chris,Joey,Chance(I

know but he is a one of the good guys),Indian shaman from the great lakes region,

Christa & Tim Matthews and his wife,Patience,Penance,Piety,Prudence,Angela,

Sarah,Savannah,Evie,Rebecca,and the Mustang Chrissie. Whew! I did that without

a computer(I still don't have one). Help me out people, who did I forget??

SS06 maybe this should not be in LW. Maybe Humor or Sci-go & Fantasy.

It looks like you have outgrown this place SS06. Are you getting bored??

Looking up , for your stuff

AMerryMan

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Would've given this 5*

But, had to deduct one; you killed off Piety & Mason.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
You mentioned clone.

Thought for sure the professor frank n. stein would have been involved once a clone was mentioned. Not sure where you would have fit him in. Maybe sub contracting for the church through government channels. Ha ha. But well done with all the characters from your other stories. Truly not easy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
red heads

my main question is how many of these read heads were black haired beauties when we met them in the former stories I remember 2 for sure

looking4itlooking4itover 10 years ago

My only complaint was the span of time between chapters. There was so many characters and situations to keep track of that it took quite awhile to reacquaint myself with everyone. Isn't Chrissie the yellow mustang from another story???

cw159cw159over 10 years ago
Well done...

...and a little Heinleinesque mixing characters from several different stories. Substitute a haunted Mustang for a cat who walks through walls and you have a great Halloween story. 5*

TheThinker45TheThinker45over 10 years ago
Always Thought It.....

Always Thought It, But you Did it finally putting all these characters together in one story great job. Now you Need To have someone to draw a cool poster of the same characters including chrissie. Oh and to AMerryMan (Anon) you forgot about Greg (Savannah) or was that intentional. But to SS06 Dam Good Read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A cauldron of characters!

A true witches brew!

I for one, loved it!!!!

So would Cher!

JounarJounarover 10 years ago
kind of a muddle

To many characters and not enough story to carry them all. While it was great seeing so many old favorites back did you really need to turn all the women into red headed witches?

Killing off two of your most interesting creations (Mason and Piety) was a huge mistake imho and took away from this tale rather than added anything to it. Maybe if one of them died in chapter one there would be a revenge angle to root for but both dying in one paragraph just felt like a waste.

Joey and Beck's on the other hand have to be the least interesting and most boring characters in any of your stories to date and lacked everything that normally make your character pop.

DepopuloDepopuloover 10 years ago

Good read, but killing mason and piety and leaving the two characters who started the story alive seems kind of back asswards to me.. heh.

Also honestly should have been probably a 3rd chapter to the story, once again rushed ending with a bit longer epiloge just because of the amount of pulled in characters, needed another 2-3 lit pages atleast to flush it out (though I like my stories a little longer with a little more detail and many don't so its just a personal thing.... though the rushed endings is an ss06 hallmark so I guess I cant so to much.)

4/5 for the series. Thanks for more SoF ss.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Can't remember

Think I've got all the characters stories in mind except for angela. Which one of ss06's stories is she from??

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
To each one their own -

I for one loved it - including all of the characters form the other stories - I did not lose track nor did it get confused .

The lines were clean and direct - to me anyway.

I loved it when Chrissie came flying by heh and I completely forgot the likelihood of Christa being asleep in her. Awesome.

The number of people and the methods used were pretty much required from the beginning - there was a larger more malevolent power out there to be dealt with and the forces on our plain that were massed required a small army on our side - you pulled it together and then tied it all together - nicely.

Very cool way to recycle the good characters -

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Huh?

This was as incomprehensible is if it were written in Sumerian cuneiform! From some of the other comments, the author has populated this tale with characters from several of the hundred plus other stories he has published here, and the reader is expected to know and pick them out. Sorry, but I'm not going to read another hundred plus stories and prepare a concordance of characters to cross reference every character that obscures the story line in order to decipher this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
super

i loved it. the second part was as good as the first. to bad every could not have lived but in the end it made for a better story. great job!

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
that was a real mash up

a bit of this, a pinch of that, one from column A, two from column B. I loved the way it slid from one story to another while picking up and discarding characters as we moved along. And the way Chrissie used her exhaust to incinerate the ancient one was masterful.

krosis666krosis666over 9 years ago
Never a good idea

To mix and match characters from other stories. Yes, readers that have read your other Halloween stories will get the references, without the back story being necessary, (Which I did), but to anyone that hasn't read those, it is completely confusing and irritating, thereby losing you potential new readers.

impo_60impo_60over 9 years ago
Very well written, but...

A very well written story, but with a plot that if is difficult to read I presume it was even more to write it...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Nope!

Just nope. Piety and Mason deserved to have it all and all they got was dead for nothing. Hey, it's your story and you told it how you wanted to. Now I rate it how I want to. 1* because there aren't any -10 * buttons!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Again?

This was worse than the first chapter. A big WTF for this story.

NATHANBRITTLESNATHANBRITTLESabout 8 years ago
I liked it

Good story, better than the first part. I gave it five stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
FAN BLOODY TASTIC

Again another top story, Pleeeeeeeeze keep them coming! Love to be part of the virtual machine chrissie? Love you all! Bye. Greg. Oh 10 stars = 100 %. Bye.

Tootight1Tootight1almost 8 years ago
a little better than the first part

I still gave it a 5 for the story, and imagination, and writing.

Avid_DanithAvid_Danithover 7 years ago
Noooooo!

Why did you kill Mason and Piety? After reading Ghost Driver, I was hoping for an after-death life for them both....please do write some happy ever after for them too. They are the star crossed couple I was rooting for.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

I missed your Halloween story so much this year. Had to go back and re-read the whole scary Stang short story collection. Hope the people here haven't run you off. 5*'s of course!,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wrong category

This story doesn't belong to loving wives it is fantasy or sci fi. Maybe it's good, but ti's not for me. Too many characters too complicated, the focus was never the married couple, but that long and boring fantasy story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Hard to Follow

Too many characters, and overly drawn out, detailed fight scenes. I gave up after page 3. Two stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A nicely ...

... muddled mess. That’s what you get from a witches’ brew. Clever & funny where it counts.

🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Some Folks Just Can't Follow

A story line, guess they should read the prequels first, here I'll help a bit more...

"Even stranger was the fact that the electronic locks on all of the doors snapped shut. I tried to swipe my badge but the power was off." A little technical quibble here: If they were MagLocks they would have unlocked automatically without power. If they were mortise locks like Folger-Adams that stayed locked, the door handle would still have turned and opened the door. So I'll just call that poetic license.

"But the guy I fought...he was old. He had to be in his fifties or sixties." Hey, now, I take that a little personal like.

"There's a necklace called the amulet of St. Clair. It is supposed to prevent the wearer from being possessed by anything."..."For the past thirty years the amulet has been in the possession of a witch named Margoli Szardos"... "She sold the Amulet to a woman name Aida Dwapps last year at Halloween."..."Ai Dwapps and her husband, Wayne Dwapps, live in a suburb of Chicago." With their youngest, Gum. From the story "Be Careful What You Wish For". Damn, I wish that I had suggested the family Dwapps to you!

"Who doesn't understand true love," grumbled Penance. "I had the most beautiful antique pole mace. That was true love, until he broke it." What more is there to say about true love?

The little girl looked up at me then. "She's not the car. She has a name. Her name is Chrissie. She protects us, but mostly me." Short for Christine? Hope Stephen King enjoys the reference.

"The winds of November had come early this year." A tip of the hat to Gordon?

"Hi," he said. "I'm Tim Matthews. I'm sure my daughter Christa will tell me all about it, when she wakes up." He smiled at me." From his stories "Chrissie" and "Freak the Freak Out".

"Why aren't you two freaking the freak out?" See above.

"She wasn't killed as much as she gave her life away. She wanted to die. She didn't think there was anything left to live for." Anything can happen, as Leonard Nimoy said after they killed off Spock, "Nobody dies in science fiction.", the same could be said of a Stang story.

In case I didn't mention it earlier, the nuns came from Stang's story "Sisters of Fate".

Got to say Stang your editor missed a bunch of things this time. Me, I still had a Hallorockin' good time. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I finally got around to reading this. It was... just okay

These stories are kind of hit or miss really. The last one from the other site was pretty good. This was kind of meh. Also, i kind of feel for joey. His wife is a cold fish. Sorry but that would bother me too. I get the whole no anal thing, it does nothing for me either. Blow jobs though? No oral at all? She probably only wants missionary. -zzzzzz

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Vampires, Werewolves, Demon and a Ghost, oh my !!!!!!

From my point of view, the story line reminds of one of my favorite authors Jim Butcher for The Dresden Files (15 book series with 2 more in the next couple months) and the main character Harry Dresden; Chicago’s only Wizard/Detective. About the only thing missing was Bob (Spirt) who resides in a skull, The Fae, The Blue Beetle and his half brother who’s from the White Court Vampires.

Great cast of characters and would like to see more with the remaining cast!!!!!!!

Even with the short ending both parts get 5 Stars!!!!!!!!

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Still...

She still cheated on him. She did EVERY SEX ACT, with homeless men, that she refused to do with her loyal husband. He should have divorced and moved on...

AbctoyAbctoyabout 3 years ago
Good read

Enjoyed it.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 3 years ago

Very good read. I hope to hear further adventures about these participants: Tim Mathews and his family, man in the black mustang with the tomahawk, the nuns, and finally Sarah & Chris and that good family. Thank-you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

That is the damndest story I ever read. Somewhat difficult to follow completely, and very long. But, still, I gave it 5 stars.

RimmerdalRimmerdalalmost 3 years ago

Great story. But weak in the fight scene....way to short. Epilogue was too weak in the fact that it was too short and not in depth. Take both 'Chapters' flesh them out to about 4-5 chapters. Make it more in-depth and this could be a really good book I'd buy.

bereznikbereznikover 2 years ago

Excellent story with some good characters. I agree with Rimmerdal in that it could do with some areas being explained in more detail. Who was the demon and what did he really want, where did the nuns come from i.e. how did they come to be what they are etc. The aftermath is rather sketchy and needed more explanation:- How did they discuss the indiscretions, how did they try to overcome what she did and what she was? Did the witches and nuns come to any agreement about how they would interact where they really on the same side - they where witches and the nuns are hunters. Overall I enjoyed the story and thought it was well written, there are a few grammatical and trans positional errors but that happens to all of us. 5*

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxover 2 years ago

Damn Stang, you came up with another great tale. I loved how you wove so many of your characters from other stories into a cohesive fighting machine. KUDOS BIG TIME!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This may be the best story you have ever written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What??? Just like that he forgets everything? Verry rushed...

drycreeksdrycreeksover 1 year ago

Awesome awesome awesome great story i love it when n author brings in characters from other stories great job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Looks like Joey was the only one to get screwed in the end... and his wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Amazing stories that merge with reappearing characters from previous stories.

This tale of possession infidelity without divorce was refreshing for loving wives.

Very unique weaving of a Gothic tapestry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

To the commenters below who want to demonize (yes pun intended) Rebecca for (supposedly) cheating on Joey and doing things with the homeless guys, she did (no ever eanted to do) with him, two words: Grow up! Yes thrnimagrs he saw are hard to deal with, but the circumstances should change everything. She had zero control. She was possessed. No control of her actions. No memory. Thr husband wad a putz for playing out the reconciliation so slowly and poorly. Not even sure how it exactly happened at the end. He went for being a loser to suddenly apologizing, all because she offered to be his slut? Grow up!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I have to agree with anonymous from 2 years ago, in that that was the damnedest thing I've ever read in this forum. That was two different stories merged into one, and a hell of a way to do it. Don't get me wrong, it was long, but it was also interesting and kept the reader involved the entire time. I'm guessing this was an entry for a Halloween series, as it sure felt that way. Thank You for sharing it with us, as it sure as hell wasn't the usual Cuckold/Cheating Wife story you normally see posted in this forum. I gave both parts 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A great story except for the epilogue.

Joey is an idiot. The woman was possessed.

He say, with his own eyes, what evil forces were at work. Yet, he acts like she wanted all that. This whole ending is a ridiculous trope.

Jesus, what possessed the writer to do something as stupid as this

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

That was a good story right up until the end when it went to hell. After everything she did and everything he saw there is simply no way they belong together.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

To the prior commenter: did you read the story? She was literally possessed. She had no control or recollection as to what she did. It is as bad as being raped but drugged so no memory. She gave no consent. You obviously didn't bother to read the story. He needs to get over theninages in his head, get therapy and man up. She did not cheat her body was being used. If you read the story and assert that it was her fault that is just nonsensical.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos3 months ago

This was definitely not something that I was expecting to find in this section of the website, but it was pretty entertaining despite it being a rather simple story (with a fair bit of deus ex machina in there, literally with the way the vampire villain died). Also, to everyone giving Joey shit - there's a big difference between knowing your wife was possessed and SEEING her having a gangbang with a bunch of homeless dudes. His reaction is totally understandable and the fact that he's even able to get past it a little bit shows that he's intellectualizing what he saw.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous