All Comments on 'Buying the Farm'

by Scorpio44

Sort by:
  • 126 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
NICE ONE!!

This almost made me wish that I had a cheating wife so that I could plan a similar demise to our marriage. Good story, well told. The events flowed nicely from one to another throughout. Critisisms? One or two spelling or typing errors, too much detail of place names for a foreigner like me to understand, wives first names beginning with the same letter is slightly confusing and it ended about three pages early! It is a great length overall though, I enjoyed it all!

PEATBOGPEATBOGalmost 18 years ago
Another great tale Scorpio !!!!!

Scorpio, I have to agree, a truly delightful tale of a well-planned and implemented revenge that other writers could learn from! A minor point, but I too found your use of Candice and Charlene as names for the wives to be rather confusing. Your last line suggests that you may be considering a sequel! This would be very welcome.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
you have become one of the best on this site

your stories show common sense and realism,that is short coming in most writers stories on this site.please keep writing your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Really excellent

Nicely done. It's great to see the cheating wife humiliated and doing some jail time as well.

You make up for the way too many Loving Wives authors who write those horrible wimp husband stories. You the man, Scorpio44!!!

charleybearcharleybearalmost 18 years ago
Great Story

I liked the story.

There was a lot of action in his discovery and dishing out the consequences of the cheaters' actions and it was fun seeing how it all came together at the end.

Somehow the ending seemed a bit abrupt for me though. I think that Bill's suffering is quite obvious in that he faces some major jail time. Charlene too will see some jail time, but because she is the "cheating wife" I believe the readers would like to read more about her "personal suffering" over the loss of her marriage.

I know that this is a personal shortcoming in myself, but when I am hurt of angry I want to feel the pain of those who hurt or angered me. I want it in black and white and not just assumed. That is why I believe the ending lacked a bit.

Here is an example of what I am talking about.

Three weeks later as she is working as a waitress in a diner in Yakima she clears the table of dishes left by the messiest eaters she has ever seen and thinks to herself, "I had it all. I had a loving husband and a wonderful home. Why did I have to go and fuck it up so bad? Why couldn't I just be happy? I loved him and he loved me. How could I do that?" And as she thinks, the tears rolled down her cheeks. Jeff, the owner of the diner, yells at her again. "Dammit Charlene, you aren't getting paid to cry. Get your ass in gear or you are out of here."

Later Charlene crys herself to sleep for the twenty first time in as many days. She dreams of the life she lost and awakens with tear a streaked face only to face another hopeless day.

Man, I should have written that myself. Maybe I will add it to a soon to be posted story.

Thanks for your efforts. All in all I liked your story a lot.

Charleybear

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
I guess I get to be the downer

It was an interesting story, but you should really do some more research, especially when legalities are concerned. First of all, the husband and wife of the other party would never be used as a witness on a document on a piece of evidence that will be used in court...entrapment, and a few other nice things could be pointed out by the other attorney.

Second, what mother is going to let her children watch a video of their father fooling around with another woman, wouldn't that be considered child abuse?

Third, The wife has rights to the property if her name is on the title, so the cabin can't be sold unless he has her name. She has to be given a place to live until a judge throws her out, a lawyer cannot do that. And no real estate dealer is going to get into a slug fest with a wife over a property, it just isn't done. They know the law and if the wife's name is on the property then she has the right to be in the property unless papers have been served kicking her out. Even then, she has the right to reasonable possessions, especially if she was contributing to the marriage financially.

And until such evidence is brought up in court, he can't do much. That's why the have TRO's and those have to be signed by a judge also.

It was interesting, just do more research.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Loovved It!

Loved the plot of the wife being the caught cheater. I think that it is a beautiful work of fiction with the foundation for being a great novel with a couple of tweaks here and there...Would love to read more..Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Very well done!

One of the things I enjoyed was what the reader from the UK/Spain didn't - the detail of the place names. I know that area fairly well and used both Hood River and Bend in one of my recent stories.

I agree with charleybear that a couple more pages of wrapup would have been good. I thought the ending with Candice was a bit rushed and too quick if it were going to be a lasting relationship.

I'm not a lawyer so I was free to enjoy the legal aspects. Sometimes it nice to read about the way the law should be rather than the way it is.

I thought the use of the long commute was novel and interesting. You did a great job of showing how the change of seasons impacted the commute and their life.

I think Danielle missed what was said about the kides watching the DVD:

"We left the kids at the house with Lance. Candice promised that if it wasn't too bad she would let them see it someday."

Well clearly it was tons worse than "too bad!" And she said, "someday." Someday would presumably be when they were mature enough to understand and it would not be child abouse.

I do agree with Danielle that the wife has rights to the property and can't be kept out without a court order. It was somewhat of a moot point since she signed over all financial rights at the lawyers office. The only thing she lost was the short term access. I guess she can sue him about that (joke!)

I don't see the real estate woman fighting about it, she has no stake. All she ahd to do was call the police and let them resolve it.

All in all a good story and a great read!

Regards, DJ

walrus1153walrus1153almost 18 years ago
Story needs to be tightened up.

All in all an interesting story. My biggest problem is the repetition of descriptions and events. The best example is the replay of the DVD in the lawyer's office with the wives. It was essentially the same, word for word, as the first viewing with Nick and the lawyer.

I think more development of Candice's story would have helped. Nick's comment: "She misses me? I just found out her name yesterday. What was that about?", was right on the money and could have been expanded.

Scorpio44, keep up the good work. I look forward to more stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
You got it Jack

Yea its a shame some folks don't see the fun in geting the map's out. Its little details that make it interesting. Although I think I go with Danielle on the legal stuff and I don't claim to know much about how your Legal money pinchers operate.

A nice enoyable read that has kept me from achieving much for the afternoon.

DC

don87654don87654almost 18 years ago
Great reading!

Very well put together story. But I differ on how you treated your wife. I would have just fucked Bill's wife and even maybe made a baby with her, and then moved in with her to start a family with her and her and Bill's kids, and let Bill and your wife do what was erotic for them to do.

peggytwittypeggytwittyalmost 18 years ago
Very well done story of Loving Wives.

I really liked the story plot and you sure left no room for the husband to have compassion for the ex-wife. That was a winner takes all divorce.

Danielle and DJ covered the small problems and it is obvious that it was a great read and these are just details that come to the forefront in the mind, not earth shattering at all.

Your writing is very good.

Thank you for the entertainment

PT

peggytwittypeggytwittyalmost 18 years ago
Sorry for the second post but forgot to change the

rating to a 100.

My apologizes

Looking forward to your next submission

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
nice work

I find this to be a fine piece of work. Perhaps not flawless, but a very interesting set of character development matters and presentation of logical conclusions.

It would have been nice to have more development of the Candice character, but then again, in the short story venue, there wasn't much more you could have done.

As to follow-up stories, there might be a potentially interesting story about following up on Charlene; something about being out of jail and starting a new life, trying to put her life back together. But that could be easily be more work than the product is worth. If you were to decide to do so, I would make nothing more than passing reference to this original story line. It would essentially be a stand-alone story.

But, back to this work. It's a very good story, a well-written piece of fiction. Keep up the good work.

-- KVK

Risq_001Risq_001almost 18 years ago
VERY good story

For me I'd call this a happy ending to this story.

Some might not agree, but when two people cheat on their mates (and that's really what happens when two married people cheat with each other) and their mates can still find some form of happiness without them by the end of the story, I call it a happy ending. Because they didn't fear being alone, or starting over if they had to with someone else. And that to me takes "more" strength, to be wililng to face that unknown after being married to someone, than trying to fix what someone else broke in that relationship.

I know some won't agree with me, but I've seen it too many times where the man or woman will cheat and the person will take them back time and time again. Some of them because they don't want to be alone or they are worried about having to find someone new, because they are scared no one will want them. So they tolerate this and say that they are trying to repair their relationships.

Or course the icing on the cake in this story was the Lawyer saying something along the lines of: "Bill's in jail. You are driving around and free. I won't make promises about your future." When she knew perfectly well that the FED's were waiting outside for the wife. That was completely priceless.

But to the Anon poster below, the reason that the husband may have wanted to get proof before he went forward was that in more and more states they are taking the California approach to marriage laws. More and more states are becoming "No-Fault" states, and adultry isn't even being factored or considered any more as a "valid" reason. I mean you can still cite it on the decree as a reason in your complaint, but it really doesn't matter any more for the division of assets. As far as the courts are concerned everything is 50% split with most of the time the husband usually (but not always) being expected or forced to pay for both attorney's.

That being said, there nothing to say that if you can get a "sympatic" judge who is willing to take into consideration "gross" adultry as something to consider may help out in the division of assets. As far as the court is concerned you want a divorce, it doesn't matter why. In Washington State it's a "No fault" state, but in Oregon it's three grounds: 1.) Under age of concent, 2.) Fraud or 3.) Irreconcilable differences. That's all he had to work with.

But if you can prove that you can't live with the person through no fault of your own, and the judge is willing to hear it during the division, then you can make out better in the divorce. At least you might get out of paying for the cheating spouses attorney if your there because they cheated and not you.

That's why most folks usually (but I can't speak for them all) put in the getting proof parts, it helps add help keep it real to the folks who might have recently gone through a divorce.

What I find funny is in "some" states you can't cite only Adultry as valid grounds, but you can cite conviction of a felony or drunkeness as grounds. But yet Adultry has been removed.

Go figure,

But still a good story. (^_^)

-Risq

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Great story

What more is there to say. Oh yea, glad the whore wife got what she deserved.

louguy35louguy35almost 18 years ago
Great Story!

Scorpio, you did right by us readers with this story. It was interesting, well-plotted, had good character development, and, most of all...it was brought to a fitting ending.

Truly fine...truly!

Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Good Golly Miss Molly!

The best I've read and liked for a while, beside being well written. It would have been nice to read what happened in the motel at the end. Lets see some more!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
DAMN

the best i have read in a long time ...great more please

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
okay, here's my Charleybear immitation

Charlene making a life-and-death emotional appeal to get what she once had (via a letter, some months later, because in person Peter would likely not give her the time to do it):

"Dear Peter:

"(Please, allow me this one last time you use such an endearment):

"I know what I did. I would never forgive you, if the shoe were on the other foot, you know that.

"I had everything a person, a woman, could ever want: you, your love, security, a beautiful place, with you and I both working to build a future together. I went stupid ---you can call it greedy, whorish, or what-ever but to me it's just plain mindless stupidity --- and I lost it all.

"I want you to know, whether you believe it or not, that I was just in some ugly, deprave mode, saying things that didn't meant any thing, which had no meaning deeper than momentary babbling. Those words you heard, for example. They were the words of a depraved person. Not cold-blooded or calculated thinking,,,

"Deep in the recesses of my mind, my love for you never wane, despite what I was doing to me and to you.

"As a result, I have absolutely nothing left, least of all, self-respect. I have lowered myself to a level where I even am ashamed of myself, of my conducts, Peter.

"But I believe you had loved me, once --- and as someone with a superior sense of fairness and justice and conscience --- I also believe in some deep part of your soul, that you still care for me.

"(Whether I deserve it is another thing; but I know you still care for me, a frail, selfish, deprave woman...)

"I know if I didn't attempt this confession, that I would never have another opportunity to get my thoughts to you again in this life time. Here, on my knees, literally, in my little dark room, I beg your forgiveness, which I know will never likely come but which I can never hope to give up on, til my dying moments,,,

"I am a human being, Peter, someone whom you once loved, deeply; I never stopped loving you, even as I subject myself and you to the most heinous of circumstances and deeds,,,

"Please, Peter, make me whole again. I have nothing and no one left in this world. Yes, it's all my doing, but, please, you and only have the power to heal me again. Get me out of this personal and dark hole, which I've dug for myself by not telling you, someone who would suffer deep pains for me, before all this ugliness of my soul surfaced,,,

"I want to live and be happy again, by your side. Give me a second chance to appreciate you, to love you again, to have you love me again. I want to walk by your side again, to smile with you, for you, and to think and joke and laugh with you again....

"While saying this WILL sound psychotic,,, you must know I will not, as I can not, live knowing what I did to you, to us. Please, Peter, save me,,, pluck me out of this hole I'd wittingly dug for myself. This, I know, is nothing but a last-resort, an emotional appeal. But it's all I have left. What I did to you, to us, was not reasonable, so no reason can be used to explain or justify it.

"I will, from this moment on until my dying moment, think of you only fondly, NO MATTER what you decide regarding this final request of mine. If God choose and you allow me life and happiness again, if you allow me back into your embrace again, I will cherish every moment, as long as I live.

"I want a second chance at life, to build a second life with you. I want some children, as we are still young enough to start a family...

"I want to be able to teach our children, if you allow us to have them, not to be selfish, deceitful, and stupid like I have been, not to hurt those we love dearly. Because such act, I will teach them, will ultimately hurt us more than it hurt them, because we truly care and love them.

"However, Peter, if you should choose never to look at me, never to forgive my crimes against you, never to love me again,,, I will also understand. I will still think of you and think of you FONDLY until my dying moments, because that's all I have left,,, because that's all I will want from this moment on,,,,,

"I will never again have anything to do with any person. That's a promise I have made to myself.

"Each night, please, know that I will think of nothing and no one but you, until my eyes close and sleep takes over. And, Peter, if I don't wake up again, know that my last thought was of you, of the life you and I briefly shared but which I threw it away during deprave moments which came to dominate my life for a brief time,,,

"From now on, the ugly and heinous things I did to you will no longer hold sway over my thoughts. Instead, you and your smiles --- or what I remember of you and your smiles and silly jokes --- will be the only things I think about, I yearn for and dream about,,,

"Please, Peter, despite the unforgivable transgression I've committed against you, please, forgive me.

"Love,

"P.S. From the Charlene you once loved deeply, not the heinous and deprave creature you came to detest."

Kanga40Kanga40almost 18 years ago
I like this story

yep, a few bloopers, but when the overal feel of a story is good, that matters little.

A bit more about whichever C was married to Bill and her budding relationship with Pete would have been nice, but not essential.

The usual reliance on magnificent DVD quality video from miniature cameras is a bit passe by now.

The repetition of the soundtack from the first DVD, even after the lame attempt at hiding it by telling us at the start of the scene it was the video from a different angle, resulted in my inability give this story 100. All that scene needed was for Pete to say it was the same day from a different angle, but the sound was the same. finished. It was sheer laziness that Scorpio didn't give us a description of another DVD from a different day. Waste of space copying word for word form earlier in the story, and waste of readers' time reading it over.

The timeline and plot flowed consistently, that is the main thing.

I very much agree that excessive detail about a particular location is truly annoying for those of us who don't know the place (and/or don't care!). So the story is set between a city and a rural area where it snows in winter - that's enough information for the purpose of the story.

As for the supposed legal problems - SO WHAT?? Most of us don't care if all that happens is strictly legal in every part of the planet - really we don't. All we need is a set of happenings we can feel are reasonable, a set of occurrences that result in justice.

And, anyone who thinks the legal system of any country has anything whatever to do with justice is living in some chemically induced fairyland.

As long as the story deals out justice, forget the legal technicalities. All these legal technicalities are only there to allow scumbag lawyers to save rapists amd murderers from real justice.

I believe most fiction authors are aiming at having their readers experiance a particular feeling or series of feelings. When they achieve that with the majority of readers they have succeeded. Scorpio succeeded quite magnificently with this story. It felt right - the baddies got theirs, the goodies prevailed. And all achived with a plausible plot.

What more could we want?

Kanga40Kanga40almost 18 years ago
Bravo Anon

That letter from Charlene is a classic.

I wish I'd written it myself!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Deja Vu

Wow that happend to me but thank god i only wasted 7yrs of my life with her

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Damn, I love it!

Scorpio:

Well written and a nice easy read. I do love it when the fucker(s) become the fuckee(s) big time. You certainly made it happen. Was it all legal? Hell I don't know. My parents were legally married to each other so I was never allowed to study law. Thank You. Ronnie W.

txrosenaynaytxrosenaynayalmost 18 years ago
yep...

enjoyed this one for sure. thanks for allowing us to read you. respectfully fan in Texas naynay

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Quite Impressive Author Concept and Path

You put us in the scenes and made the process lifelike and believable.

The primary reaction I'm seeing is comfort with the rationality of your charted path and most of the conclusion.

Of course none of that matters if it isn't well written. A few little nits but who really should care - it was an excellent concept and was well delivered. KUDO's Author!!!

We have another strong Author in the theme of consequence and reality - that feels good as a reader !

With Very High Regard

KOLKOREKOLKOREalmost 18 years ago
A very cool dude!

A fantastic read! At times it reads as a nail biting thriller; at timed it reads as a romance and it even has its humorous moments mostly of the dry -sarcastic type though). What more could I ask for? Sure, you could have eliminated the repetition of the transcript of the video, but ‘in the grand scheme of things’ that was a relatively small distraction. What was really fascinating was the restrained rhythm of the plot, even when things got very heated and dangerous, and the emotional restraint (even though he was hurting), of the main character. What a cool Dude. Her loss, really!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Great writing

You never leave us hanging or mad as hell at a no count cheat and the bastard that's fuking her

KennewickianKennewickianalmost 18 years ago
A good travelogue, Scorp ...

Accurate description of our mutual backyard in the Mid Columbia and Oregon Gorge. The only thing missing is the wind sailing at Hood River but on second thought I haven't noticed much porking there.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
An excellent story...

that read at times like a thiller and other parts like a drama. This story was so much better than "The revenge of the cuckold" both in terms of pacing and crediblity. You wrote Charlene as a two different persons (Slut for Bill and estranged wife for Nick) that bordered on mental illness. I also doubt that anyone would trust their husband's attorney enough to sign away their property (didnt she know that she was going to jail)?

Anyway, an excellent read - Thanks!

SleeplessinMD

MinigalesMinigalesalmost 18 years ago
Missing Explanation

My problem was that we never knew how this thing started and why. And where is the public humiliation in the adultery discovery? I thought he was going to have the town watch.

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
A Really Great Story

Scorpio i really think you have a winner here i was rooting for Pete and Charlene i hope they make it through this mess i was glad that you didnt turn him into a wimp and a cockolding husband.

Pat

bornagainbornagainabout 17 years ago
Pete and Candace

Pete and Candace Candace gets to be a millionaire and Pete gets to be heart broken does Pete and Candace ever get married or what about the kids ?

Pat

Atlanta,Ga

bornagainbornagainabout 17 years ago
continuance of story?

Will there be a continuance to this story to after the divorce?

Pat

waratahwaratahabout 17 years ago
Fancy feeding kids shit like that,

"Mark went to the kitchen and discovered that whoever stocked the place knew about teenagers. Pizza, brots, lots of sodas, chips and other teen staples were ready for his use"

Christ would it have hurt to have them eating something healthy?

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Didn't think the characters were deep enough

This story was about as erotic as an autopsy, but it was interesting.

bornagainbornagainabout 15 years ago
Still the Best story around

I read this some time back and i loved reading it then and still the best Scorpio44

Pat M.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
An excellent story

which I thoroughly enjoyed reading - so glad the slut and her lover got what was coming to them. If anything the sex scenes could have been shortened especially the one in the lawyers office - we knew what went on and didn't need a repeat - and it looks like the guy has struck lucky with Candice and will soon be a farmers wife helping her run things. I love stories like this especially as I can see where all the places are on Google Maps and I enjoy finding out about the areas visited. Thanks for another entertaining read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
great story

it looks like there is more to the story. like whats up with the daughter she acts lke she has secrets of her own. would like to see the story continue.

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
Amazing story

Thanks great writing Actually I'm alittle scared to write anything negative lol

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Miguel Cervantes ?? A Miguel Cervantes??!!

Otherwise a superb story by a Master of the Pen! Thoroughly enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
cuck me hard baby

Sloppy seconds + creampies = dream come true

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Did I miss something?

Charlene certainly cheated her husband. Is there some place in the US where this is a criminal offence? There was no mention that I can recall of her being involved in Bill's crimes?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
To: Did I Miss Something

Because Charlene benefited financially from Bill's acts of fraud and embezzlement, she is considered an accomplice and therefore is subject to prosecution for conspiracy to commit those crimes.

juanviejojuanviejoover 12 years ago
My old friend Ronnie Wachuka expressed it best!

I like all of your stories, Amigo. This one was just too good and I thank you for it. Thus always to putas and whore mongers.

chytownchytownover 12 years ago
Good Read!!!

Very entertaining I like a story with lots action. Thanks for sharing.

roscovichroscovichover 12 years ago
My old friend Albert Einstein expressed it best !

A little knowledge is dangerous. So is a lot. Isn't this so,Juan??

That said,the story is a very good entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Sickening

It reads like a mysoginist's wet dream.

The 3 female characters - a wife who's a slut, a wife who's dumb and timid and a lawyer who's a ballbreaker.

The 'hero?' He's a total dumbass who doesn't deserve to have a wife at all. He doesn't even think that only spending the weekend with his wife is going to be a problem?

What an utter load of shit!

This section appears to be divided between willing cuckolds and macho internet warriors/mysoginists.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 12 years ago
very good

good read. good guys win bad guys loose. u get a 5

MrVdogMrVdogalmost 12 years ago
"get a room key"

Bah - he'll never measure up to the 'monster' she's used to. I smell a disaster cooking here.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
BUYING OR SELLING

one gets the other really gets. TK U MLJ LV NV

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
Loved it

Wonderfully written and thoroughly engaging. Thanks.

phil2213phil2213about 11 years ago
poor pete what a putts

Pete was a complete moron and Charlene was a half step above a carrot brain. I never understood their relationship and what is was they had because it wasn't a marriage. Bill was the optimum bad guy. Candice was the quintessential stay at home mom and abused to boot. The story was out there but in the end the revenge and outcome was the focal point of this whole affair and everything else seemed to awkwardly fit in as an afterthought. The end fell off a cliff like the first leaf that fell in autumn. The story needs to be reworked to become a colossal hit. The main character Charlene was not at all described as a promiscuous woman and I found shocking that things fell apart as they did in her marriage to Pete. Their living arrangements were quite pathetic.

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
Children

"What you and my husband did to me can be forgiven. What you both did to our children is unforgivable." - Yup, it is bad enough to screw your spouse out of all those years they invested in your relationship, but it is totally unforgivable to trash your own children for a little sex. No offense to anyone, but children whose parents cheat, always come out screwed up. How could they not be? A parent chose sex over their child! Think about how shortsighted and stupid that is. Think about how much love a person could have for their child, if they chose sex instead of their child. The answer is - not much. That proof is what will eat at a child for the rest of their life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Everything up to the fourth page was great. Then it got a bit strange and ended too sudden.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 10 years ago
Damn

Some really horrible people in this tale. Two fucking low-life cheating assholes. Both deserve all they get. Just a shame life in the electric chair isn't an option. Hard to believe such betrayal is possible. Then again, in fiction, anything is possible. In real life also. Hopefully the good live happily eve rafter.

Five Stars

rightbankrightbankabout 10 years ago
so many silly errors it was distracting

he gave her keys to the realtor, then they took them from her.

he was told to get rid of the rental, then he drove it all the time.

we want to publicly humiliate them using the local tv broadcast, then nothing is broadcast.

shall I keep going?

sloppy work when you don't read your own story.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
I GUESS THE FARM BUYING

is better than a pig in a poke. TK U ML LV NV

MattressThrasherMattressThrasherover 9 years ago
You've written better stories

There were to many holes in your story I had to stop reading it.

Tim413413Tim413413about 9 years ago
Mediocre

at best. Two scenes repeated, word for word.

Dubby49Dubby49about 9 years ago
What

State or Federal crime has Charlene committed that she should do time? Among the other inconsistencies, she signs away all her rights in exchange for freedom and then we are told she will do 5 years state plus some more fed.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

Still five stars. Unfortunately the wife character was under developed. Hard to feel satisfied in Her comeuppance when we really don't know why she behaved so badly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Bill's wife and Charlene's husband get together, seriously!

What fantasy world do these authors' live in? The BTB brigade think they are so strong but are too weak to have the victims actually suffer. They just play games with the divorce like teenagers and then hitch up together, never having met beforehand. Pure fantasy and pathetic with it...1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
lousy

no fun, not sexy, not erotic, why is it even on this site? Are you such an emotionally troubled child that you like to even cause pain to fictional people? Grow up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

The story is good - well balanced

ejsathomeejsathomealmost 8 years ago
Not . . .

. . . very good. Tedious. Confusing. Very little emotion. Waste of the 5 minutes that it took me to read. Another piece of mediocre garbage. Sorry.

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

What marriage could possibly stay together with them being 6 hours (round trip) apart and only seeing each other a couple days a month.

There are some military marriages that succeed, but it takes hard work.

Dumb ass move, submissively deferring to her on everything including the separation of so far away.

No wonder she has no respect for him.

3 things though.. we did not need the 3/4 of a page of repetition of what we already heard.

Charlene was almost schizophrenic in her such professing love and tears shown to hubby and then such disrespect and dishonor nearing hate shown to him when she was with douchebag Bill. Was hard to read it made so little sense.

and why the hell would the cheating cunt spend 5 years in prison... makes no damn sense.

Not too bad a story... 3

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Thoughts

I wouldn't by the "I was lonely" excuse, because he tried to get her to move back to Portland and she refused. As for her big raise, that just makes her a whore!

NoBullAlNoBullAlover 7 years ago
This was a good "read" story but....

Liked the story overall but when one writes about actual places it would be a good idea to check the logistics. Trout Lake to Portland is only 90 miles or about an hour and a half driving time or three hours return trip not six hours. In our area we have people that commute that far on a dailey basis,,, in fact I had to do that for two years, Not fun but very doable!! Next is the amount of snowfall. The overall averages show that the snowfall is something like eight inches in any month during the winter. Now that begins to look just like normal winter driving conditions for a huge amount of North America not some harrowing death defying expeditions! Grandparents regularly travel in conditions like that just for a kids birthday/Christmas party. Finally, if travel conditions were actually that bad, why wasn't he driving a four wheel drive truck, Jeep, etc??? Just saying.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A GOOD STORY AND LOVED THE WAY THE TWO OF THEM GOT SHAFTED

just one thing...if the trip was so bad in winter why did he not have a 4x4...make traveling easier....loved how the story unfolded...would have like to see the ending with him and Candice getting married and he helped run the farms and have more kids....

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 7 years ago
DrSemblence

She will go to jail for fraud. Bill told her on camera about the phony company set up in her name to which he was depositing $thousands, she gladly accepted it. They were both stealing from the farms which he did not own.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I Liked It

I just wish it had gone a little farther. Did they get together? How did the kids take it?

I just think "a little more" would've been nice.

khkrkhkrabout 7 years ago
Left her with nothing

That's cruel dude.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Response to comment by khkr 04/04/17

You have sympathy for that cheating slut?? Would you be so "Aw shucks, that's cruel" if YOUR wife or husband pulled that shit on YOU?? Or would you want to leave him or her tied up in a pitch black coal mine just before a major cave in... never to be found or concerned about again.

You bleeding heart assholes disgust me. You cry for mercy and understanding when it's someone ELSE who's rights have been stomped on but demand BLOOD and a GOREY EXECUTION when you perceive that you've been deeply offended.

The story was fairly good but the 'get a room so we can fuck' ending was an anticlimactic turn off. I gave it 3 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Good until the end

Then you totally botched the legal parts and the ending. Even an idiot like Charlene would have gotten an attorney. No way she signs anything and even if she did, it would be argued in Court that it was coerced and would be tossed out of Court. The only thing she's guilty of is adultery (which isn't a crime since Washington is a "no-fault" State). The bank account setup and the money is all on Bill. Nothing in the story said Charlene wasn't paying taxes on the income or the company and no DA would be stupid enough to try and prove she was a prostitute. So she's going to get a slap on the wrist, agree to testify against Bill, she'll get half of the sale price of the cabin and half their liquid assets. And the real stupid move? After being scared to death of her husband, worried about her kids and what might come next for the three of them, you want us to believe she'd go to some no-tell motel with a man she barely knows and whose wife has been fucking her husband? REALLY????? Just awful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Heh, Trout Lake, huh?

I live across the mountain, in a little town called Randle. When the road isn't washed out I like to drive over the hill to Trout Lake, White Salmon, and the Colombia to wind surf. Last summer and so far this one, the road hasn't been opened. Sometimes when I'm elk hunting I find myself over the top and down to the Colombia.

Had a couple good friends who had a great marriage move to Trout Lake. A year later and they were divorced, too. He cheated on her and she got everything. Until she got cancer and that was it. Not sure if it's Trout Lake causing all these problems, but anyone from Portland is either a nut or fruit, that could account for most of this story! ;)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Actions have consequences

A good, solid story, even if the ending was a little idealised. But a good story should have a happy ending.

And you delivered.

Thanks for the entertaining read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Horse Shit Compounded with Horse Shit

Agree with Anon 06/0117.

Fantasy compounded with bullshit.

The legal issues anon pointed out are all there. And they make this story negative 50 stars.

Candace the wife was a bitch, and an adultress, not a criminal.

Absurd!!! FANTASY !!! Did your ex-wife really screw you over so badly Scorpio44, that you have become deranged?

No lawyer I ever dealt with in 37 years as a practicing attorney would ever greet a client by stating "fucking in court" (or what ever exactly she said--I'm far too disgusted with this offal to read any part again to check it out!).

Plus no lawyer fronts her client a house!

Please stop scribblng this shit in crayon in your mommy's basement and having it transposed into electrons to damage the minds here on Lit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Horse shit.

It's always clear when a sad little man was feminized by a stronger woman who left him for another, better man. They spend all of their time devising what they wish they had had the balls to do to her. But if you had any balls she wouldn't have left you in the first place. This should be in the non-erotic category.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
IT'S A STORY!

I read a few of the comments that were uncomplimentary. These people must be sad and deranged! I always appreciate some real-life facts being woven into these stories but as one commenter said.. Stories should have happy endings, and this is a story and it has! The insults to the author are totally unnecessary and I should like to congratulate him/her for compiling a fine story.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 6 years ago
Annony read again

Charlene was a criminal. As soon as she accepted the bogus company and checkbook and credit cards, she was complicit with stealing from the farms corporation. So yes she will probably do a little time. If she testifies against Bill she might just get probation. Legally she would be entitled to half of everything including the sale of the cabin. That was over the top.

tazz317tazz317almost 6 years ago
AND A NEW LIFE "DID BEGUN"

now will he be a country squire and gentleman farmer with a family, Stay tune maybe a part 2, TK U MLJ LV NV

penneydog55penneydog55almost 6 years ago
Wowee

Me Thinks Bill Is In Deep Poo?.... Charlene Had Bill Ream The Poo From Her " But " She Gets 5 To 10 Packing Poo (Paken Shit) In A Womens Prison!...Back to Bill again He now has Big Bubba to Ream His Poo so Now He will be squeaky Clean!.... Good Ole Bubba! So now it's Candice and Pete Show!

Eat Shit Jerry Springer It Doesn't Get Any Better Than This! ★★★★★ WOOF!

Oh Oh Oh! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
How

How can the Feds arrest Charlene,she commited adultery not embezzlement.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good Story

And I did enjoy it. But I felt like the ending got chopped off a little short. In fact, maybe a LOT short. I agree with a comment someone else made: A chapter two may be in order.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Why did you....

Have another verbatim account of what was on the dvd? Talk about filler!

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Good one

Hope they both enjoy prison. Maybe they'll get what they deserve there. Charlene deserves no sympathy at all. She made her own bed. Shame they couldn't find a little hole on the back forty to put the cheaters in.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
What the hell...

Got to the end of medium length story and then just stopped. It was like the author suddenly had to take a shit, wrote 3 or 4 paragraphs and decided that was enough before taking a dump. Somewhat OK story but, really, he voluntarily moves to a location where he can only be home on weekends? And where was the explanation of why she started fucking around. Contacting the assholes wife and getting her to Portland was more of a spy novel scenario. This seemed more like a detailed story outline rather than a complete story. I rated it as a 'Meh'.

SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 5 years ago
Decent, but ending too short

You have one paragraph where 2 - 3 sentences were accidentally duplicated - page 2 I think. The ending needed a lot more, as maybe there is a future there.

ThematchthatBurnsThematchthatBurnsabout 5 years ago
Nice one.

I have to agree, you did cut the revenge a bit short.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderheralmost 5 years ago
This is 2 out of the 3 stories of yours I have read that have a lame ending

Do you just get tired of writing the story and abruptly end it? You have some great premises and story plots but then you just drop a massive turd on the end.

GymShortsGymShortsalmost 5 years ago
Missed it by [ ] that much...

Quite good, until page four where you just gave up and mailed it in. Why? All that time you spent writing then gave up when 80% was done. Another 10% effort and you would have gotten a 5*****. As is it earned a 3. Because you gave up

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Long

Long story for such a poor ending.

ribnitinribnitinover 4 years ago
copy paste

copying and pasting a block of text from one part of the story to another is lame.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Prison no money punishment enough? For me yes

Age badly in prison especially women with no money to buy anything

Caught and paid for

Nice if he and Candice got together

Quiet daughter?

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago

Worth another read from this author, this is a pretty good BTB. Still like the idea of making them part of the permafrost.

lee5456lee5456about 4 years ago
Damn fine story

I just love a good burn bitch burn story

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Not bad!!!

Good BTB story!!!

cybojicybojialmost 4 years ago
On the curb

And on fire, perfect 5

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous