All Comments on 'By Midnight'

by Doglover12345

Sort by:
  • 45 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
great writing BUUUUUT

that mest up what about Kelly and Mark feeling and how are they going to react to jess and Allie being together now

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

I loved it ... pls continue! :)

FiveWolvesFiveWolvesabout 10 years ago
Well done

Well written. I'd like to know more about Allie's personality. I'd also love to know a little more about what Jess's reactions as she and Allie made love. It was a big freaking deal and we don't know much about her emotional reaction. Great creation of conflict and tension, scenarios and people. Keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
wow

You are a wonderful author... please continue this storyline. Do not leave us hanging...

LindaSapphicaLindaSapphicaabout 10 years ago
Amazing

What a wonderful and sweet story, loved it! I'm a sucker for happy endings :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Like to see more

I would love to see where this leads.. and to get to Allie a little better.

Great written, please continue the story..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Love it!

You shoud write a part 2! I wanna see more of these two! pleaseeeee

BoxcarbillBoxcarbillabout 10 years ago
Thoroughly.....

Loved the 1st part. Will there be further chapters./ Elaborate on Jess's relationships. I can see turmoil coming into her life. You are good.

LunaWindLunaWindabout 10 years ago
Not quite 5 stars

This was a great story, but it finishes unresolved. Therefore, I gave it 4/5 stars. I wish it was a whole story, and I hope you write a sequel. There is undoubtedly a lot of problems in their future with both in relationships.

MrGoodtime94MrGoodtime94about 10 years ago

Loved the story, I think you should definitely write a follow up to this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Don't stop now!

This is so well written. It sucked me right in. I gotta find out what happens. Don't leave us hanging too long.

Skyler35Skyler35about 10 years ago
Sequel??

I love this story and the drama that will follow, I can see the trouble brewing with Allie's family, so please do a sequel!!

Doglover12345Doglover12345about 10 years agoAuthor
Sequel

First off, thanks everybody for the feedback! Secondly, I completely forgot to write at the bottom of this submission that there would, in fact, be a sequel. I had originally intended for this to be a complete story but life got hectic so I decided to end the first part here. I already know exactly what I'm going to do for the next part (remember, in my intro to the story I said that some of the story was fiction).

I'll keep you all updated on the second part as I write it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Amazing.

I can totally relate to this. Please don't make us wait very long for the sequel!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Love it!

Absolutely love the story! Can't wait for the next installment! But, I have to say, I don't want Allie & Jess to end up together. I've read several stories on this site and they all go the same way: one lesbian friend professes love, the other straight friend denies it for a while, then eventually figures out there are feelings, they fall in love deeper, have great sex & live happily ever after. I see this coming & it makes me a little sad. What about Kelly? What about Mark? Hell, what about Lauren? Love your style, but I would love to see something different...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

The anonymous below doesn't know what they're talking about *puts hand over other anonymous' mouth* keep this up. Listen to this anonymous instead ^_^

Happy endings are needed or I'll cry dammit ( ;-;)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Though I do agree there should be some twists and turns. What happens with Kelly & Mark? How do they deal with that? Otherwise, a happy ending with little permanent damage done. ^_^

jclementjclementabout 10 years ago
No Clue

I have no clue where this is heading, but I can't wait to find out. Hope it's not a "crash and burn" ugly reality scenario. I'm good with a small body count happy ending. All that said, I feel it is well-written and very entertaining. The almost hopeless situation with no obvious easy solution is intriguing. Thanx for a pleasant read!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
no sex!

so you havea 4 pages erotic short story with no sex... love the material but please incorporate intimate moments between characters

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Fantastic read

I really enjoyed this story, to the "no sex" anon.. Who cares?

It was a fantastic read. I'd love to read more. You should definitely consider a chapter two in the near future, the passion and love in this story is incredible. Continuing writing. I for one enjoyed it greatly. As a lesbian that fell for her best friend, I can definitely relate to this story and can say I enjoyed it immensely.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Well written!!

Great story but you need the next chapter. Don't leave us hanging.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Desperate.

Pleaseeeeeeee can you write another chapter. I have to have more. Love it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Great need more!

It's so good need to know the rest of their story. It's great wouldn't change a thing about it! Keep writing your amazing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Please dont stop

That wss so good i want to know what happens next! What about Mark & Kelly!?

ilovedirtyjokesilovedirtyjokesabout 10 years ago
anticip................ation

Anyone who loves dogs is a friend of mine, also, I'm ready for part 2!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
What can I say...

...except you've got it, kid. Keep writing---either more of this story or other stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
part 2 please!

If the writer have time, please continue the story. I'd like to know how these two lovers/best friend handle the situation. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
What about the others?

It's the others I'm feeling sorry for, Kelly certainly and to a lesser extent Mark (to a lesser extent because he has only appeared as a name rather than a fully-drawn character). Jess and Allie come across as a rather shallow pair, really only caring for what they themselves want and stuff anybody else. Perhaps they really do deserve each other. Whatever, this is a well-written story with all the drama that any reader could ask for.

schuylaR23schuylaR23about 9 years ago
Please continue

Good story! Glad that they finally got together. I suppose it is terrible for the other two in their lives, Kelly and Mark. Jess should have told Allie a long time ago about how she felt. But alas it's just a story. I had to keep telling myself that because I was getting emotionally involved.

mambrkemambrkeover 8 years ago
Part 2?

Nice story, lifelike characters, but "the end" is not even close... Part 2 is a must, after all Allie and Mark are married, Allie is from a "old money" family, where divorce after only a year is not something normal... Jess has a career waiting... what about Kelly?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great story! Love every word

But you are a teaser! How can you leave us like that! Please, please we need to keep going!

This was great, you really got me into the characters and the story. This is a very good read!!, the one that we usually pay to read!

R.

HelethirHelethirabout 8 years ago

Until there is a continuation of the story i'm giving it 1 star, sorry. Allie just comes off as a bitch, marries a dude knowing that Jess loves her, wants Jess to be happy for her, then when Jess gets a girlfriend, she suddenly gets whiny and jealous and loves Jess all of a sudden but she doesn't mention leaving Mark. And Jess acts plain stupid throughout the novel, accepting all of Allie's moods. As it is now, the ending isn't a happy one its infuriating (for me at least).

Randee1958Randee1958almost 8 years ago
Another Part

Ahh come on 😢 will there ever be a chapter 2. Beautifully crafted. Masterfully illustrated. 5 🌟's 😘

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I need more!

Wow this is a great story that definitely needs another chapter. It's been almost three years since this one was posted. Doglover12345, are you out there?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Pls continue...

I want to know what happened after

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Well?

I really did like the story....However, I think that the passionate union would have made the final impact stronger. It's like listening to a song, waiting for the big moment where it all comes together at its peak and missing that moment. Basically, this is a beautiful story but I think that consummating their newfound mutual connection would have made the piece stronger. Now, if this is simply an introductory chapter of a larger work then that is a different story altogether. I just don't think it is enough as a stand-alone piece.

JoyJoy4MeJoyJoy4Mealmost 6 years ago

I truly enjoyed this. I love 'best friends becoming lovers' stories. Doglover12345, i hope you are okay and can read all the comments because i agree with everyone else that this story needs a chapter two. It's been added to my favorites list.

AngieLightHeart0AngieLightHeart0almost 4 years ago

I agree with everyone else. Another chapter would be great on how they become a couple. Meaning Allie leaving her husband and Jess leaving her girlfriend. If Jess's music hits the big time famous. Love these characters and would love to see what happens straight after this story ended.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Been a favorite of mine for a long time. I wish it had continued. I really wanted to see how Lauren would react to this. Lol. She'd have to be so exasperated. She'd spent so long trying to support everyone and keep the peace. It would have been great reading about her just throwing up her arms and giving up.

okami1061okami1061over 1 year ago

I won't bend over backwards to make this entirely useful criticism, since you're gone and clearly not coming back. And probably won't ever even see this. So, maybe it's more therapy for me!

I have mixed feelings about this story.

Partly because, like Jennifer, this story is also about two weak girls. And I'm pretty sure characters with no real sense of empathy. They seem not to give a damn about Mark. Oh, get rid of him; he's just a useless man. Not even any pretense that she's unhappy with him, that their sex life might not be what she hoped (though it's damned unlikely she didn't know that before they were married, and she'd never experienced lesbian sex so she doesn't even have that to compare it with).

These girls are both pretty cold. They may have a thing for each other, though one wonders why it took eight years to emerge. There didn't seem to be anything on which to build a relationship that was more than friends. If, as stated, the three of them did everything together, just what could possibly have happened to produce situations of intimate feelings between the two? It's like, somehow, they just knew to be together without the story showing how they knew to be together.

How could Allie possibly miss Jess in a romantic way? There's never been a hint of romantic feelings visible between them in eight years.

In my opinion, the story would have been much better if Jess had come to "realize" that she was the target of the same feelings from Lauren. A very complex and thoughtful triangle could have been produced, without throwing in a useless character like Kelly. As presented, this "relationship" was always a three way relationship anyway. I'd have dug deeper into that, rather than making Allie "magically" decide she's in love with Jess for no apparent reason.

nogravynogravyover 1 year ago

Yeah, I liked it a lot, but took a star off my review because of the way the story just sort of crashed into a brick wall at the end. Still enjoyed it though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

when is the next chapter of By Midnight coming

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

BY MIDNIGHT when is part two and ending coming

ChumulyaChumulya5 months ago

There just has to be more please?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous