By the Bay Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I did. And this has nothing to do with us. I was just trying to be nice to your sister," he whispered back.

"Why?"

He shrugged. "I simply don't like the idea of someone disliking my guts."

Anita let out an exasperate breath. "You do realize that the more you talk to her, the more chances there are for her to find out about us?"

"Yes, I do. But I've already set things straight with her."

"What? What things?" The more he talked, the more Anita began to worry that Meera had found out, though inadvertently.

Jay gave her a lopsided smile. "I told her that I do not find you attractive. She seems to be placated by that… I think."

Instead of feeling insulted, Anita sighed. At least Jay had made an effort to hold true to his end of the bargain. Her relief was there, in her smile.

Jay reached up to smooth a strand of hair behind her ear. "I think I'll take that bath now."

She clasped her hands in front of her, resisting the urge to smooth her cheek against his palm. "I'll set the table," she said, her voice as low as his had been.

He nodded at her statement, giving her a slight smile before turning towards the stairs. Anita laughed softly to herself before walking towards the cupboard that held the China dishware.

*

They were seated in the dining room half an hour later, with Jay and Meera freshly scrubbed and Anita lining the table with dishes she'd slaved over through the afternoon. Jay sat at the head of the table, with Meera to his right. The young girl stared down at her plate and he could tell that she was deep in thought.

As Anita brought out the last bowl of vegetables tossed with chicken, Jay invited her to join them, too.

"Where's Nanthini?" he asked when she hesitated.

"She's already left," Anita replied, darting a glance at her sister. Meera's eyes were still averted.

"Then no one will be here to witness the Duke of Shackleton having dinner with two lovely young ladies, would they?"

Before Anita could respond, Meera seemed to snap out of her reverie with a considerable amount of vigor. "Why are you doing this?" she asked with a frown.

"Meera!" Anita chided, appalled at her sister's lack of courtesy for Jay and her inappropriate tone. Had she not taught her sister to respect those who were older than her? And after Jay had been so nice as to invite both of them to have dinner with him, how could Meera be so rude?

"No, no, don't stop her," Jay intervened. "Let her ask what she wants to."

"I can't -," Anita started, but Jay shot her a look.

"Why are you doing this?" Meera repeated. "Why did you talk to me at the beach? Why did you invite me to dine with you? What do you want from us?"

Jay spoke over Anita's protests. "I want nothing from you. I talked to you at the beach because I wanted to know more about you since we're living under the same roof… theoretically. And I invited you to dinner because I get tired of eating alone sometimes. Even an Englishman gets lonely."

"But it's not proper. The master doesn't eat with the servants -."

"As Anita already knows, I'm not a stickler for protocol. I can get around rules if I must. And in this case, I must."

"But you're an Englishman. We're Indian."

"I'm human and so are you. Are you prejudiced in your thinking, Meera?"

Meera looked taken aback. "W-what?"

"Do you want me to treat you and your sister like servants? Or order you around like animals and make you eat my leftovers? Is that how you think our relationship is supposed to be?"

"Y-yes." Then, "No. Oh, I don't know! I'm not used to this."

Anita took her seat and looked calmly at Jay. "I'm not used to this either. What you described before was how we were treated in the previous household that I worked for. This is a new experience for both of us, to be treated with some sort of respect."

Jay paused in his speech, stunned. He thought he'd exaggerated his points a little, but he hadn't known that Anita and Meera had actually been subjected to such circumstances before. He couldn't imagine anyone being treated that way. Don't all humans deserve some measure of respect? Even the servants in Haydes manor were treated better; or at least, he thought they were. His mother tended to oversee that category.

Two pairs of eyes stared curiously at him, waiting for his response. But Jay couldn't seem to find something in his vast vocabulary to say. Should he apologize? Assure them that he would do no such thing? Ask for their previous employer's name?

What came out was a huff and "Well."

Meera sighed, pushing her hair out of her eyes. Anita fidgeted in her seat.

"I'll have you know that I'm nothing like the people who employed you in the past. My scruples disallow me from treating anyone in that manner. Rest assured that you'll always have a full meal and sufficient rest whilst living under my roof."

"Why are you so different?" Meera asked out of curiosity. "Out of every Englishman I've met, why must you be so different? It's so confusing."

"Watch your tone, Meera," Anita reminded her sister with a frown. She jumped when Jay patted her knee under the table.

"I can understand that," Jay continued, ignoring Anita's comments. He wanted to set Meera straight once and for all so that she didn't kill him with her eyes every time they met. "There's always the grey area between the black and white, even though fully comprehending it might be a problem for most, it still exists. I think I'm the grey area for you. I'm neither the kind of man you can ignore, nor the kind of man you want to throw stones at. Aren't I right?"

Meera's cheeks heated. How had he pegged her thoughts so well, so quickly?

"Well, being in the grey area can be a good thing. I propose we be friends, or in the least, develop a cordial relationship. What say you to that?"

Meera bit her lip, thinking about his offer. A cordial relationship? With an Englishmen? Never. And yet…

"You don't have to tell me immediately. But you can always seek me out when you want to."

Meera frowned but nodded anyway. Anita stood quickly before any further awkward conversation could take place. She had rice on their plates before either of them could take a full breath.

*

Ruth Tatiana undulated her hips on the Earl, grabbing the ends of her nipples and tugging fiercely. She was not enjoying the romp in the least, but was merely giving the fellow a show for him to enjoy. All she'd been thinking about over the past few days was how the Duke of Shackleton had rejected her for a servant. Yes, she'd overheard their conversation, of how he wasn't interested in her, and it had made her sick. She'd had plans for that man, and it had been thwarted by some cross-breed Indian whore!

She felt the man under her shudder as he climaxed, but she didn't stop moving her hips. Was she not beautiful? Was she not desirable? Why would he choose that ugly bitch over her? It was what Ruth couldn't understand. Which man wouldn't be proud to have her on his arm, showing her off to a roomful of jealous patrons? She'd been so sure that she would be able to reel the Duke in and secure her future as his mistress for the next few years. But it hadn't happened. She was still back in the same rut, overseeing other people's mansions when they wanted to leave the island. She had nearly nothing for herself, and only men like the one under her provided her with enough funds to resume her extravagant lifestyle.

Ruth panted and pressed her body close the Earl's, purring compliments into his ear. She knew exactly what he wanted to hear, and she watched his satiated lips part in a smile.

Grabbing the towel she had kept ready at the foot of the bed, she wiped herself off and reached for her dress and underthings.

"What time is your wife coming home?" she asked as she slipped the cream-colored stocking sensuously over her right leg. His eyes followed her; her show was a deliberate attempt to make him want her again after he'd just had her. He would pay more the next time for just an hour with her.

"I don't care," the Earl murmured, his gaze transfixed.

"Well, darling, I do," she purred, pulling her slip over her head. The ties were at the back, and again, it had been a conscious decision of hers to wear that particular slip. "Would you knot the back, please?"

She arranged her hair as he tied the strings for her. When she turned back to him, it was obvious that he had an erection. She laughed.

"It's not ten minutes yet, sugar," she said with a girlish giggle, reaching for her dress.

"Come on, Ruth," the Earl said, pulling the dress from her hands and throwing it over the chair.

She twined her hands around his neck, pressing herself close to his lean frame. In truth, she didn't mind giving him another go. He didn't smell, nor was he a physical abomination. "It's going to cost you," she murmured, nibbling his ear.

"'doesn't matter," he growled as he tumbled them both to the bed. Seconds later, she was moaning as he ruched her slip around her waist and thrust into her. The invasion was slightly painful but she ignored the pain, tilting her hips upwards to seem as though she was actually involved in the act.

"God, you're fucking beautiful," she heard him murmur and he pounded into her flesh. Her mind hung onto those words, repeating them so that they played incessantly in her head. Beautiful. She knew she was beautiful. But an Indian whore had bested her. How could she have let that happen? She'd hired that bitch. How had she let the situation get so out of hand?

She cried out as the Earl's teeth sank into the flesh at her neck. It was harder than she was used to and it stung. She held still as she felt him tense again, waiting for the final thrust and spill.

When it came, she left him satisfied and sleeping, creeping to the stables at least two hundred pounds richer. The money did not make her feel better as it usually did. All she could think about was being semi-naked and willing in the Duke's arms whilst he had rejected her for an ugly Indian bitch.

*

Hey guys,

I know it took a while to get this out, but it's been a rather busy couple of months. I'm still trying to find the balance in life and set aside time to write on a daily basis. I just hope ya'll can stand the wais as I fumble around with an hour of writing per day for now.

Anywho, I'm already working on the next chapter of BTB, so no worries! It'll be up soon(:

Oh, and don't forget to vote and comment!

Love,

Lily.

12