All Comments on 'Captain's Choice Ch. 01-02'

by coaster2

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
Sid0604Sid0604almost 10 years ago
A great start...

This promises to be another great story. I'm looking forward to reading more. Thank you for sharing.

bazreidsbazreidsalmost 10 years ago
good stuff

living in BC Canada... good to read well written stories based here in BC

waiting patiently for the next chapters

good stuff

C_frommnC_frommnalmost 10 years ago
Great Start

Will be looking for more.

AndrewmsailingAndrewmsailingalmost 10 years ago
Good beginning.

Established the setting, introduced the principal characters with some of their back history and left me eager for more. Pleasing to find well constructed sentences and no errant apostrophes.

CalliciousCalliciousalmost 10 years ago
Up to snuff!

Very nice beginning! I missed it when it came out and only found it because I saw the next segment. Going back to read it now.

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Nice setup.

I love the slow build up from a derelict through to a lovely boat. The characters are interesting and while the overall plot may be foreseeable, there is room for a lot of interesting byways.

JAUNTYOLDONEJAUNTYOLDONEalmost 9 years ago
The quote !!!

The quote is "a boat is a hole in the water surrounded by wood that you pour money into,and water out of"

The two best days of a boat owners life - - -"the day he buys it,and the day he sells it" ***

***did it.

fanfarefanfareabout 8 years ago
Another quote...

"If you wish to bankrupt a man, give him a racehorse or a yacht or a mistress."

Hey! That gives me a story idea.

Thanks, C2

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 8 years ago
@ JAUNTYOLDONE 06/24/15

Boat is actually an acronym

Bring Out Another Thousand

tazz317tazz317about 8 years ago
MEDIUM OR WELL DONE

or do you want to be a vegan, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good stuff!

Well written, looking forward to more... Like the mention of the GVRD. Ex lower-mainland person too.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 6 years ago
Story off to a good start

Along the same line. “If you want to make a small fortune start out with a large fortune and then buy a boat.”

PurplefizzPurplefizzalmost 2 years ago

Former yacht owner here, yes it’s a hole in the water you throw money into and requires continual upkeep, but what nobody ever understands is that the boat is always there as a concern in the back of your mind, a bit like having a teen offspring but not knowing if they are ok or if they’re in trouble, are the mooring lines ok, did I leave the bilge pump turned on, there’s a gale forecast and you worry if it’ll be damaged. The worry/concern never lets up….

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous