All Comments on 'Captain's Choice Ch. 09-10'

by coaster2

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
Sid0604Sid0604almost 10 years ago
Going great...

I'm enjoying your story. This is another great chapter. Thank you for sharing.

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 10 years ago
A good one again!

A definite "choice" of GOOD STORY! Like the way you tell your tale!

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Mother

While I like a happy ending (and I know the story isn't over - I hope there are no more surprises!), and if Pat is happy, then I am happy for him.

But two things she did REALLY bother me -

1) Being ashamed and running away from her husband is one thing - abandoning her CHILD is quite another.

2) Not going to her son at his father's funeral, leaving him believing he is truly all alone in the world was cruel, notwithstanding her belief that her being there would upset him.

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Excellent Story

An attention holder but I am not sure I like how Del rides rough shod over him all the time and agree with Karen E's reservations about his mother. She is infiltrating his world first through Del, then through Tom and now Del's Choice is on the line.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Minor Nitpick

Earlier you mentioned two sisters, and again at the reception, but at the ceremony you said her mother and SISTER, singular, entered the room. Was that just a typo, or what?

Also, piggy-backing on KarenE's comments, since a major part of her decision to leave was her pregnancy, why not get an abortion? Or, assuming she didn't believe in abortion, why not come back after the miscarriage?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Agree with KarenE

Thanks for writing, an entertaining story so far. I have to agree with KarenE on the parts she mentioned though. The mothers protestations of love and guilt ring hollow to me, as she never contacted her husband, or son, since her leaving. Never apologized in person, never checked on them, etc. At her husbands funeral, she didn't even acknowledge her son. If she were my Mom, I would be absolutely lived at what she had put not just myself, but my Dad through.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous