All Comments on 'Caught by the Tide Ch. 05'

by evanslily

Sort by:
  • 45 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
wawwwww!!!

She nodded ! Oh my god ... I wonder how Luke will react to this . post soooon please . dont keep us waiting : )

hedi6789hedi6789over 16 years ago
Sweet story

Actually I don't really typical romance stories but Caught by the Tide is just to nice to not like it! Becks is a bit too whiny for my taste sometimes but with everything that's happened I guess that's understandable. Thanks for making this story worth reading by not making it too sappy!

By the way, I also wanna know what Luke's going to do so please update soon :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Hope the mother dies

Emotional blackmail is a pretty horrible thing.

coaster2coaster2over 16 years ago
Nicely staged story

I'm enjoying this novella immensely. It has the right amount of romance, conflict and suspense to carry it along. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
ok?

It really sucks that she might go back to her bad ex just because her mom is sick and overreacting. Becky needs to stay strong. Also poor Luke! No message, nothing. Luke is whom Becky needs to be with! Good writing as always though and please update soon thanks.

Billydee2Billydee2over 16 years ago
Really?

This woman is a coward and truly deserves the moronic scumbag ex. She wants her mother to live her life then she deserves him and the rotten life she'll have with him. This story was really good but leaving off this chapter and allowing her to leave the place she was staying and the man she was falling in love with who just so happens is a heart Doctor show nothing but sheer stupidity. If ole Doc is smart he'll kiss her off as a bad dream and move on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
a nod?

could be a nod as in "yes we're *here* together, but we're not getting *back* together"...? i think she's smarter than that.

stupid sister. stupid mother. guilt-trips are evil! GO BECCA! GO LUKE!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Waiting for the fireworks!

I love the complexity of the emotions running through this series, and am expecting some pretty spectacular fireworks when Luke next encounters Becks. Please please please don't keep us waiting too long for the next installment!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Love it!

Luck and Becky sound so hott! I am also waiting for the fireworks! Cant wait for the next chapter! Thanks

marexotic18marexotic18over 16 years ago
What?

I think it's rather bizarre that the mother's first words to her daughter were about her getting back together with her ex. What mother who cared about her kids would want her daughter to be with someone who cheated on her? I hope that her mother apologizes to her once she is better, and I hope that Becky calls the hotel and leaves a message for Luke.

Besides the annoying mother the story is wonderful!

sharonasharonaover 16 years ago
Sounds great

Great chapter and can't wait for the next installment!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Another great chapter

But Rebecca's mom sounds manipulative to me. And what's up with her sister, blaming Rebecca for the mom's heart attack? Wow - that's cold stuff and I know that once things calmed down, I would mull that comment over in my mind and have a hard time forgetting it, if I were Rebecca.<br><br>

I'm curious to know if Luke's question about whether Rebecca might be pregnant could turn out to be true. And I hope that the receptionist at least told Luke that Becca tried to leave a message but couldn't.

<br><br>

Great update, even if it is sad in parts. I'll definitely be looking out for more to this story :)

michchick98michchick98over 16 years ago
Riveting

Okay, so it's another adjective for the subject line. I'm caught up on this story and I hope that Rebecca is only agreeing for the sake of her mother's well-being. It's obvious she's in love with Luke. I'm sure he factors into this story more than what we've seen....that's just my guess.

Excellent chapter again, I look forward to the next.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Love the story

I do like the plot. However, get those fingers tapping and submit soon, the drip feed is soooooooooooo frustrating!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Wow!

What a great chapter. I'm so glad you're back to writing this story. I can't wait to read the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
dr. foster

I have a feeling luke will somehow show up at this hospital- the areas best heart surgeon called away for a heart attack, the attending physician, etc etc

YorEyzOnlyYorEyzOnlyover 16 years ago
Oh no...

Luke has got to save the day! Love the story...please let Daniel get what he deserves

Tory_del_RicohTory_del_Ricohover 16 years ago
I agree

with marexotic18 that it seems a bit odd that any mother would want her daughter to get back with a two timing slimeball but maybe she's a bit muddled if she's been pumped full of morphine. Love the story though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Come on, come on!!!

Okay, this one doesn't get full stars... because I miss Luke!!

More more more!! Are we going to have another 15 chapters soon?!

TricialenTricialenover 16 years ago
Luke

will be so hurt when she's not there, at the hotel. Even though he's acting like he doesn't care, it was love at first sight. Poor Becks, she's going to feel even worse. And Daniel, I was married to a Daniel... the bastard!

PrincessErinPrincessErinabout 16 years ago
Wow!

All these twists and turns. This is such a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Just have to say...

You bitch. Lol. I was thinking of a NOOOOOOOO!!!! and tears and everything - but that would be a little melodramatic, no?

top marks cause I love it :P

.αιηє.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
100

i kind of hated the mother, i'm sorry. she should have been a shoulder Becca could lean on rather than another pain for Becca to bear. i hope mothers aren't really like her in real life. i'm sorry again, i think i sound horrible, but the story is going great. i can't believe i actually hated a character when i should feel sorry for her condition! hehe

Dancewithme2Dancewithme2over 15 years ago
Powerful

Wow, this was so well written! Powerful stuff. I hope you had enough energy to pass those exams! lol

You have a really great talent at winding the reader up to the emotional pitch of Rebecca in particular. A very powerful character. In spite of her short "temper" (if that is the right word), she is very endearing though tragically guilt-laden. Will she ever realize again that her mother's illness is her mother's selfishness and not her fault??

Again, it was powerful and riveting. Good writing indeed!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Aww hell no

I know she loves her mom, but really? really? Back to dan? fuck no...this is why your such a good writer, happily ever afters are earned in your stories. Now im all pissed.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 14 years ago
What happens to Rebecca now?

Now that Daniel is back on the scene, will Rebecca dump him once and for all? Will she ever get back with Luke? Will Luke find her? They really need to get back together. Life with Daniel is a dead end for Rebecca. Excellent story. I like the tension between the characters. Rebecca is so vulnerable at this point...

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
appreciation

excellent job really did well in expressing emotions

labellenuitlabellenuitover 13 years ago
D:

oh no, i really hope they don't get back together. ):

i wanna know the whole story with luke, the shmexy beast! ;D

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Well Done.

You have held the characters well and sculpted the situ brilliantly, and have retained the mystery of where the story will go. Maybe you could give a few script writer's plot tips! I do not know if you will write more for the Site, as I type, but you have been one of it's true gifts, in every sense.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
mothers & cats -- the 2 most important things to the average cunt.

Yes, please tell us more about it, stupid cunt. Thank God for PageDown key...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

you are fantastic :)

prashant1225prashant1225almost 13 years ago
lol page down key comment...

funny comment by the anonymous person, but good story nonetheless

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
ah!

no! why did she nod!!! :O

tiffuhhnee15tiffuhhnee15over 12 years ago
Grr

Wtf!!!!why did that have to happen!!!! Im sooooo mad at her mom and sister

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
why?!

I love Luke why did she nod daneil treats her horribly. P.s. love the story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
The story is great, unlike the mom

I can't stand the mom! What kind of mother cares more about appearances than her daughter's well-being? A bad one! Rebecca's going through an extremely difficult time and she's just being selfish. The nerve of that woman, using her heart attack to take advantage of the situation. A good mother would want Rebecca to be with someone deserving of her love and who doesn't abuse it.

Great story, nonetheless.

AquaDreamingAquaDreamingover 11 years ago
Incredible!

This is really well written, I love it!

Latinlover15Latinlover15over 11 years ago
Anybody got a map

Because her emotions are all over the place...love the fact Daniel still loves her even though he banged another women...yeah that's love alright...

UpHillAllUpHillAllabout 11 years ago

I understood why, but that does not mean I liked it lol

fanfarefanfareabout 10 years ago
lack of experience

For the criticisms of the mother's behavior, Until you've had the experience, you cannot understand this character as written. When my wife's heart condition began to deteriorate, one of the side-effects from the cardiac disease and all the different medicines she was taking was a series of micro-strokes, which seriously altered her personality.

The human condition is uncertain, unpredictable, malleable to a thousand, thousand influences. Try and have some sympathy for those who are afflicted.

sqhead2sqhead2over 9 years ago
great story

keep this gr8 story going Thanks, sqhead

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Unfortunately

This story started so good and then she wantend to hide the fact that she met a guy? That was out of character. At that moment she became a weak woman instead of the strong persoon she was. And then came the Mother who blackmailed her own daughter and she Agreed out of guild? That means she never could have been a strong woman so no sexs with Luke.

Lions86Lions86over 2 years ago

this whole chapter was so good until the final sentence. this chick is a fucking moron and if she actually gets back with him then she deserves all the bad shit that comes with that

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

good, very interesting. Of course, the whole road trip with Daniel could have been avoided if Becks waited for Luke OR any good hotel would have offered to check her room in person and left a note. They also would not have allowed Daniel up to her room, security measures.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Cognitive dissonance. With the your few stories or series I've read, the common plot device you use for conflict is the curse of knowledge/secrets of omission.

I'm not sure if it's the forbidden fruit but it causes so much misunderstanding and pain even when it's vainly justified. Still good writing lass.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous