All Comments on 'Cheaters in the West'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 100 Comments
Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 13 years ago
very predictable

really obvious and telegraphed

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Enough...

about fuckin' Mustangs. Ever seen or driven a real car - like a CORVETTE ? ? ? I've owned five and every one of them except the '54 would blow your fucking Mustang off the road...

oldwayneoldwayneabout 13 years ago
Hell! I liked it fine.

I wonder if that old boy who is so fond of Government Motors has paid any attention to you pen name???? The story was just fine. Not real deep, but it was still well told. Thank you for what you do and please keep doing it.

hodunkhodunkabout 13 years ago
A great Stang story

I love storys based on old west premise, and I love all the works by StangStar06. While I am not a professional critic I do love reading all the works of StangStar06. Fantastic, THANK YOU

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
well done

brisk pace, some humor, interesting characters, all in all a good read

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
The ex needed to suffer more

After what the ex wife did and her whorish behavior she needed to pay more of a price.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

Very interesting story. Looking forward to reading more of your work and will be sure to take a look at your past writings

BigJohn601BigJohn601about 13 years ago
A very interesting change of pace story....

I think you are getting some inspiration from woodmanone's western stories. I really liked the presentation and conclusion. Your writing just gets better with each story. Thanks for the pleasure of reading your work.

Mandy01Mandy01about 13 years ago
I don't know about the rest of you

But I couldn't stop reading until I found out if Sam and Mike got together...lol

Good story well told. Something a little different and very enjoyable.

Full marks Stang

Amanda

Mousse9Mousse9about 13 years ago

Maybe I'm mellowing out, but I think Constance Farmwell's fate (dying from syphilis in a whorehouse she was sold to) was a little bit too cruel. To me, it felt like her situation after her cheating, snowballed completely out of her control.

Perhaps it was done to make the point that ALL the ancestors had pretty much come to a bad end.

The wild west setting I liked a lot, I originally thought it was completely in the past, but instead it was through ancestors of the main characters (or, read by the descendants of the main characters!). Quite well done.

I found it an interesting tale. And I'm amused that Harry only says it's predictable, that's almost a positive comment! XD

bruce22bruce22about 13 years ago
What Harry says---

is correct. But he left out the facts that the characters were interesting and it was a fun read. Thank you Stang man.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Great story

Stang, once again you have told a wonderful story. I think Constance got just what she deserved and was glad that Sam and Mike ended up together. Thank you for a great story, and please continue writing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

Liked the story but where is Cheaters in Time?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
where is it

where is cheaters in time, it is not listed

katibkatibabout 13 years ago
Worth Reading

This is a nicely contrived story, from beginning to end. It has just about every thing. A bit less attention to the minute differences between vehicles would have been good: just what did that technical diversion lend to the forward progress of the tale? Also, in "standard" English prose, "like" is a preposition, not a conjunction.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Cheaters in Time

Posted under his name at Storiesonline.net

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Well done!

Very well put together story.

Loved it

RHinSCRHinSCabout 13 years ago
Very Good

At one point I thought he was trying to reach the 88 mph required for time travel. That was not the case. This was a good one with twists and turns. Maybe a futuristic underwater story in the future? I agree about the Mopars, they were straight line lead sleds, but Mustangs were not known for their handling capabilities either. It put many in the junkyard.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusabout 13 years ago
Who needs normal!?

Great story. I didn't care for the whole "sold to a Mexican whorehouse" bit, but I got over it faster than she did.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
I Really Thought

your Stang was for the breed, not for the car, but I finally remembered from some of your other stories your love for those machines that exercise on concrete. A good story, and, once again, a good touch of the Old West.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Excellent

I love the old west tie-in to the stories, I'm old enough that we all grew up playing cowboys. I like the hero's character, a very likable fellow and well developed. A good read. I'm mostly a GM guy but I love my invincible 8-N Ford!

lokiloslokilosabout 13 years ago
Great job!

Loved the story, kept me reading until the end to find out how things worked out in the past and the present. Also found it funny how you slipped a mention of mustangs into both timeframes. Nice job.

patricia51patricia51about 13 years ago
Nice Read

I enjoyed the switching back and forth from present to past, rather making the point that things hadn't changed much for the poor guys in that family. Yes I thought the Mexican whorehouse was a bit over the top but actually it fit in with Jack's character. Oh, and I know what you said in your disclaimer, but (don't you hate "buts"?) the S&W Schofield Revolver was chambered for .45 S&W, not .44.

xtremeddxtremeddabout 13 years ago
We don't need no Cheveeeee.....

Star (aka SS06),

We just need a Stang. Makes everbody see stars ******

Great story Star. Fitting end. Long live Stangs, Longnecks and Lone Star Beer!!

Thanks for sharing on Lit.

x

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Long, wordy, and kind of dull

Sorry, but not your best.

The_Peanut_GalleryThe_Peanut_Galleryabout 13 years ago
Hell ... I liked it!

5* Thanks for a pleasurable read.

TXanyTXanyabout 13 years ago
Fun read...

Really enjoyed it. Was disappointed in the very quick, abrupt ending. Seemed like you got tired of writing that night and just wrapped it up. I was looking forward to reading how sympatico they really were.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
I have a question?

I loved the story, but my question is in your disclaimer you said the next story would be a more normal LW story, I'm scared now because I don't know if you mean normal for you, or normal for everyone else. You've never written a normal LW story, in the six months that you've been posting we've had underwater sex, mountain climbing sex, hookers, spies, witches, the future, the past, truckers, etc. I don't think you should bother with normal, your like the wizard of weird, but keep it up, your doing great.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Great Story

Well written. Expand it and you have cool screenplay.

C_frommnC_frommnabout 13 years ago
Great Story

love it. who want normal?

if you write like this everytime I'm sure you will win what ever contest they put on here.

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1about 13 years ago
Dear Wizard of the Weird!

You ought to claim that title and go with it. I'm not sure I entirely agree, but it is true that you don't really write like anybody else on Lit and never have from your first story posted here.

This one was another winner, although I will say that - and some of you will be surprised :) - that I felt sorry for Constance. Granted that she cheated on her husband, but I still have a hard time believing that cheating in and of itself justifies destruction or death. And I have always had a sneaking suspicion that deep down, despite the terrible things you usually do to cheating wives, that there's a part of you that has compassion for their weakness.

I'm glad that there's a happy ending for the present day characters because the Old West story was about as grim and depressing as you can get. Anyway, keep the weird coming and i'd probably read even a regular story with your name on it. Keep 'em coming.

DQS1

demantoiddemantoidabout 13 years ago
Quite the crazy story

Loved the horse reference...very cool. Laughed at that clever surprise. Enjoyed all the characters. Very pleasurable read.

winterfoxxwinterfoxxabout 13 years ago
Very well done!

Appreciate you taking the time to share your writings. This is certainly my favorite of yours.

I enjoyed how you paced the story, flipping back and forth in time. Your characters were a tad flawed as people often are, you made them human.

Very well done!

RePhilRePhilabout 13 years ago
Still one of the TOP GUNS "Stang Man"

Wow beautifully interwoven past to present with a splash of future just for flavor. The depth and breath of your story telling is inspired. Could there be a hidden Muse we know nothing about! LOL

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 13 years ago
Enjoyed this

Redeemed yourself with this one. Five stars.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 13 years ago
A well done very involved story

A lot more story than I though it would be when I first started reading, but very enjoyable none the less.

Thanks for the trip back in time and the author's view as to what life was years ago.

NIGHTW1NGNIGHTW1NGabout 13 years ago
A great story

Definitely one of your best stories yet! Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Just wonderful !

I have not enjoyed such a good story in years ! One of the very best by a superb Author with a sense of humor !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Great Story!

I really enjoy your stories! Good vocabulary, grammar, etc., great character development and hot sex scenes. What is not to like?!

The only story I've read so far that I didn't really enjoy was "Butt Dial Breakup." In that one I thought the protagonist was almost as disgusting as his cheating girl friend. But, hey, not all stories are going to appeal to everyone.

Thanks for sharing your talent and please keep writing!

[Gualterio]

Scorpio44Scorpio44almost 13 years ago
Yee Haw!

Great fun! Well written and crafted! I enjoyed it and look forward to whatever is next.

Thank you.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 13 years ago
Plain fun -

A bit predictable for the good, innocent little church girl to go all whore on wheels then repent but whatever.

Nicely written good plot twist with him being just burned and ready to change the formula - well done.

count2threecount2threealmost 13 years ago
While the Story is very nice

I have to say your taste in cars is .... disgusting. Well your American so thats to be expected. But describing BMW as Euro-Trash, I nearly fell from my chair, laughing. The worst car BMW ever built is a better car then best ever built by Ford. The Mustangs are good looking, loud and reasonable fast, as long as you drive in a straight line and doesn't brake, but technically a joke and a bad one at that.

So I give you 5* for the Story and -1* for overall taste and unsubstantiated american obnoxiousness. So 4 it is.

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago
I rated it 4****.

It was creative and very well written. However, it is extremely unrealistic; it is too crude, too cruel, and too perverted. Tone it down and it would be an outstanding story; instead the story was way over the top.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Maria

Oh! To find and be able to love and give myself totally to a fine woman as you. Not likely in my life time. Good damn story though. I actually cried when Maria sacrificed herself and right now I don't care about anything. Even my own life as I'm thinking of suicide.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
DOUBLE S IS TRYING TO BE WOODMAN

Good job good story, now for chapter 2. TU MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWmoroncok

get

off

the

page

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWmoroncok

get

off

the

page

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWdipshit

adios

el stupido

gracias

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWdipshit

adios

el stupido

gracias

TechRaiderTechRaiderover 12 years ago
that was pretty good

at first i thought "where the hell is the western". lol

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartover 12 years ago
even if.....

Loved it even if the old west Texas vernacular wasn't exactly authentic.

TalonsreachTalonsreachover 12 years ago
Run your own race

Stang, ignore DWhorecuck's attempt to change your style. You obviously have a pretty good following, including me. If you start writing the way DWhorecuck wants you to you will have just as many readers as he does. Oh that's right, he doesn't have any since he doesn't (can't?) write.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Really an excellent tale.

Yep, DWdipshit dip shit. If DWdipshit had a thought, it would be lonely. Isn't intelligent enough to appreciate gifted authors.

DunaDunaover 12 years ago
Dear Ms Dwornock

Dear Ms. Dwornock This fable shows us (for you also) the different treating of the cheating nowdays and 140 years ago. Dwornock the cruelty was the PAST!!!!!!

saratusaratuover 12 years ago
This,,,

was a fine story, and reflected, once again the true writing ability you have always written with. I really enjoyed this story very much. R.T.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
"saratu" is

Transylvanian for "butt pirate"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Thank You....

For letting us read your great stories for free...bill

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Lol..nice

Too bad the whore of an ex-wife didn't get syphilis. Now THAT would have been fitting.

WisquejacWisquejacover 10 years ago
i liked it. i really liked it!

i like your work, always have, but this one was a very nice surprise. i loved the time jumps and the stories within the stories. you framed them very well. i would have liked to know more of ms. peyton's connection to constance and how they were related. like i said i liked it and it was a pleasant surprise how much i did. thanks as always for your work and talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
awesome

Love all your work, but the tying together of the generations on this was very well done, probably my favorite so far!!!

krosis666krosis666over 10 years ago

Ever notice how all the guys in these stories that can't seem to satisfy, please, confront or please their wives all seem to drive mustangs? Or in this case ride them. Coincidence? Over compensating? One bad decision after another. Marry a woman that turns into a cheating slut because their husbands can't pleasure them, add to that these poor bastards drive mustangs. Under powered cock and under powered car. Losers. Mopar ladies are smarter, more beautiful, and FAITHFUL!

By the way, read a book sometime. Chargers and Challengers are among the most powerful of the muscle cars, and don't need ricer add-ons to be fast. And forget modern cars aimed at 16 year old girls, they stopped making real muscle cars after 1972!

krosis666krosis666over 10 years ago
Apologies

It was pointed out to me that the term "ricer" that I used in my comment below can be seen as offensive. I thought it was just used to describe those hideous "fast and furious" type of shit cars. I didn't realize it is also a racial insult, so I retract the term and apologize.

I stand by the rest of the comment however.

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3over 10 years ago
The mopar

crybabies are still at it. Just can't get over the fact that they love a second class car. Good writing. Story a little out there but at least different in that it was in the far past.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
To misquote John Wayne

Well Pilgrim ya done wrote yerself a western. Ya did good.

racfguyracfguyalmost 10 years ago
About those BMWs...

I have been told that the BMW is the only car sold with standard equipment - no turn signals and an asshole behind the wheel. Seems like Diana Peyton fits the bill! LMAO

new_readernew_readeralmost 10 years ago

Uh...how was she still writing in the journal, after being chained and gangbanged by 20 guys in a whorehouse. Did the madame allow her to continue writing in it? And then how did Samantha manage to get it? Shouldn't Ms. Peyton inherit it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Pretty Good...

...but the previous commenter was right, the last journal entries from the Old West Wife didn't make sense. Probably would have been better to have them written as though she was talking about old history. Something that happened months or years ago and describing the horror of her current life. One has to figure that she would eventually be resigned to her life as a whore.

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Excellent!

“it had been almost 10 years since I'd been with anyone beside you” - Sheesh, at least the other cheating whores could claim that they NEVER had sex with anyone else. Here, it’s been 10 years, but she HAS had other men, so she doesn’t even have THAT feeble excuse!

“I didn't want Sam to find out.” – What makes her think that Sam would believe him?

With so many town folk watching, why didn’t anyone warn him about the guy with the shot gun. Or even take care of him themselves?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Brilliant

Three words. FAN BLOODY TASTIC! ! Love you all! Bye. Greg. Oh 10 stars = 100 %. Bye.

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2almost 8 years ago
The most boring thing on LIT is the annony asshole who types in all CAPS

gave it a 5

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 7 years ago
The Last Line

The ending felt rushed and kind of unsatisfying, until I read 'And my ex wife Carla still calls me a lot and I hang up on her.'

Right back up to five stars with that.

EzrollinEzrollinover 7 years ago
Two stories in one !

Great story and well written. We got two stories in one and a critique on Mustangs. The storyline was good with enough eroticism to spice things up. I would love to see you write a western erotic story....if you don't I will. I was going to give it a four but decided on a five for originality .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Why use words you don't know?

bemused≠amused, it seems you used it several times to mean amused, but it means puzzled, also like almost all your stories, although good, several errors with quotation marks, things that shouldn't be in quotes getting caught in them as well as you not ending them when someone clearly stopped talking

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
as a 60s teenager

I never did like the looks of the mustangs but love your stories and admire your devotion to them

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 7 years ago
Good story

with a big belly laugh at the end. Thank you.

Cookie7991Cookie7991over 6 years ago
Thanks

Super fun story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
5 stars...

...a well done story tailor made for me, a car, gun, and old west enthusiast. Also loved the funny descriptions of the secretary. Thanx!

Loklie

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
No sympathy for the devil ...

... or Charlotte either. In the old west & even today burning the bitch takes all forms. A life of misery & bad end is just about right.

5*****

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 5 years ago
Cars, Guns, and Texas Babes....

How the Hell can you go wrong?

I've got me a little 27-year old Texas Philly that has been chasing me for several months now. Damn, if I was a tad younger and not totally in love with my wife, I would seriously snatch this woman up. She is married and even volunteered to leave her husband of 5 years for me. I'm not real keen on that sort of thing, though. She is a former Dancer and Gymnist so I don't need to tell you about her flexibility lol.

She has Calenders made every year featuring pictures of her dance moves in very beautiful and relaxing places in Texas, for her website, Texas women of something.

She has long dirty blonde hair, dazzling blue eyes, is very pretty, has an incredible body and even more mythological legs.

I had danced several slow dances at a Charity Ball I was at in Texas and this woman molded perfectly into my large 6'7" frame and felt like she was an actual part of my body.

Stang, please come back and write again. Good authors here are getting few and very far between.

ibbunkibbunkabout 5 years ago
A good yarn

Fun story. Thanks for your efforts.

rfnks2002rfnks2002about 5 years ago

Its nice to go back to the old west.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Great Story!

I think that secretary is my ex-wife(lol)!!!

Wonderful read:)

DogFuzzDogFuzzalmost 5 years ago
Well Done

Nicely written with a Western story tied into a modern romance. Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed it.

Tootight1Tootight1over 4 years ago
Very Nice

Loved it actually.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A Good Story

And a better ending. "I never would have shot a good honest Mustang like that." Should have known this wasn't going to be the only Pony in the show. Signed: BTW

oldwayneoldwayneover 4 years ago
I read it on another site many years ago and it's still a great tale!

It's always Five Stars for the Mustang Man! Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Superb story!! East, West,North or South.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Nice Karma

The whore wife dies of Syphilis!!! Awesome karma...

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 3 years ago

Excellent story? Great read. Thanks

tazz317tazz317about 3 years ago
ABOUT WHAT COULD BE VERSUS WHAT IS

while they till worship the road gods of speed and beauty. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Long boring drivel

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Enjoyed learning from past mistakes of forebears.

Changed the script, something congress should learn.

Texican1830Texican18309 months ago

Yeah, the Challenger 440 w 6 pk was underpowered vs the Fix Or Repair Daily Mustang, 😂

But great story!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman9 months ago

LOL but a fascinating story.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

X-pipe ain't illegal, long as your cats and mufflers are there, some states you can x the mufflers.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Nice story. Really enjoyed it. BardnotBard

FluidswallowerFluidswallower3 months ago

As you hoped, I liked it!! I REALLY liked it . Thanks for an excellent read!!! Great job!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Very nice story, thank you!

jflindersjflindersabout 2 months ago

One small point-from the story "And that is one of the ways that Ms. Chavaria can help us because you see she, like the fourth partner in our little syndicate is sort of related to you." He shook his head at the shocked looks on both of our faces. "If you go back far enough in time I suppose everyone on the planet is vaguely related to someone else," he added.

Despite that sentence about going back far enough in time, I thought Samantha and the main character were related because of that part of the story and went through the story looking for what the relationship was, only to discover they were only distant cousins because they both descended from Adam and Eve.

Otherwise I enjoyed this story and, for the most part, this series.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous