All Comments on 'Chess Ch. 03'

by justbobkc

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 8 years ago
Going to try to get through the negative as quick as possible

This was a relapse of chronicling chronic ineptitude and not enough panache to seal the deal. In addition, the time factor went non-linear which is bad idea unless you're Marty Mcfly or Kurt Vonnegut with Slaughterhouse 5. I think I see what justbobkc is trying to do with dealing with spectrum of appealing women , but often stymied by dysfunction of the vixens and or the narrator.

Check ' Post Office ' or its sequel ' Women ' to learn how Bukowski made literary lemonade from carnal lemons.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Sorry, just too awkward, confusing, and tedious meandering subplots/nonplots to follow.

Thanks for posting. I tried to get into it but you spend a lot of time telling us details that are irrelevant, and leaving out the details of why this guy is so poor at relationships. Why did his previous marriages fail? I mean, you cast him as a pointless loser drifting from woman to woman, regardless of his current married state. I really can't see how he ever persuaded any woman to marry him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Kind of like a real life sketch of people with no purpose or focus.....

.....this thing is wandering, endless, even pointless and getting depressing.

It seems filled with excuses, explanations (almost like apologies) with an apparent tone of regret.

Dare I say it?

It's not much fun reading a loser's epitaph.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Ramblings

1st stages of senility.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
only crazy women mess with you?

Yep, they are all crazy.

peter944peter944about 6 years ago
All over the place

Could be a good story but with all the jumping around in time and topic I ended up mostly confused although I read all three chapters. Maybe an experiment in writing or just not well conceived.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 6 years ago
OK. Why “Chess”?

Chess played an almost insignificant part. I couldn’t even see if there were 2nd or 3rd levels within the story which used chess strategies (though I admit I’m not a very good chess player).

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Never

Never could get into this one. Just too hard to understand and.get.into.

widowedidiotwidowedidiotover 2 years ago
Here we go again.

Yep, here we go again. Same long winded stuff with no body or sense. And what is this author's obsession with black cocks? I haven't heard Lynn make any mention opf any black man. In fact I haven't heard Lynn say abuthing. It seems as if the proginator is in a dream state. And what make hin irrisistable to women? taken in all, This is a parhetic man. And the author is not helping much with his odsessiuon with black cocks..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Enjoyed writer’s technique- interesting story

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous