All Comments on 'Claiming an Ally Ch. 01'

by titania123

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
spellcheck the title, then the story ..

etc .etc.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great job. I can't wait to read more soon!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Really great story

You did a really great job there,

the characters feel quiet real and enchanting.

I really hope you continue your work, this could really become somthing great.

best regards,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Great!

Enjoyed this, can't wait to read the next bit. Talk about sexual tension between these two!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
An amazing opener

This has to be the best opening to a story in all of 2012. You've got me; hook, line and sinker. Congratulations on your first chapter and I hope we'll see the next chapter soon :-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Great!

Really a great start, can't wait for the next.

you really established the characters, and setting well.

you should have seen my face when the chapter ended...

update soon! :)

csweetnesscsweetnessalmost 12 years ago
Great!!!

I absolutely love this! Cannot wait to read additional chapters

SweetRapunzelSweetRapunzelalmost 12 years ago
^_^

This kind of story is one of my cup of tea. Well written ch. Really enjoy it. Pls do upload ch.2 soon.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Re: other comments

Hey there Titania,

I wasn't able to reply to comments left on Chapter 3 of your engaging tale as I had already posted a comment. I just wanted to say that I in no way believe you were falling prey to M.D.S (magick dick syndrome). You have spun an incredibly engaging story and have created a strong and empathetic female protagonist. Everything must be viewed in context and with in the context of her situation, She, in that moment, cannot be expected to remain indifferent. I know you will honor the bad ass Emera is. Thanks again for providing such riveting entertainment. Keep it coming and then get your self published!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Beautiful read

Man this is a very engaging and electrifying story. Keep it up...Looking forward to reading more :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Don't quite get how this is nonconsent/reluctance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great story!

What a thrilling read! It is a little annoying, however, that you use the word "lied" to refer to having been in a supine position. The correct past tense of the verb to lie (as in to lie down on a bed) is "lay".

mcmilwpmcmilwpover 11 years ago
The verb: to lie

Please, please correct your use of the past tense of the verb; to lie.

lied; to speak an untruth

laid; inactive, as the table was laid

lay; active, as she lay down,

http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/definitions/lied

titania123titania123over 11 years agoAuthor
Change of the verb's past tense...

Thanks for the heads up. I knew the difference between to lie and to lay, I just didn't realize the difference in their past tenses, so thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Another small correction

It's "hear, hear", not "here, here". It stems from the listener's hearing and agreement to the speaker's talking point.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Regardless of grammar Nazism, this was a delightful read. I loved the witty back-and-forth and I think that this chapter sets the stage nicely. My only question is why the princess chose to go on this journey, rather than appoint someone (someone possibly more capable) to do so?

EuphoriaSlam69EuphoriaSlam69about 11 years ago
What a first piece of writing! Quite magnificent!

As others have said, grammatical errors/ spelling mistakes are such a trivial thing to be concerned about - especially when you're reading someone's stories for free! I hope that you take constructive critique in the spirit that it's intended - that is to help you improve your considerable writing skills. I've been reading your writing from the most recent to this one being the first! Please keep writing more and I'll keep reading! :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Check out her blog

If you are truly bugged by the small things that need editing, then check out her blog. She is posting edited versions on there. They are even more fantastic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Interesting

I am not critical of your writing as others seem to be.

I find it a good first effort.

Very interesting interaction of characters.

But the end is in sight.

The countries joined with the princess's union with the"king".

I am anxious to see how they get there.

:) sirtiger77@gmail.com

I wish you well.

TonyKiwiTonyKiwiover 8 years ago
one little thing

you don't skin pigs, you scorch or burnt the skin and hair scrapping off the dirty outer layer of skin leaving the thick layer of inner skin which crisps when roasted. TK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
pigskin

Although pigs can be hard to skin, they yeild a tough, fine grain leather. An excellent liner for chain mail, especially the gaunlets. A medieval culture can't afford to waste chicken gizzards, let alone fine leather.

Also, a wild Europian boar was much more than pink fat on legs. Weighing up to an excess of 550 lbs and 7+ feet in length, it was the eqivalent of half bull, half brown bear, compacted into a block of solid muscle with the temperment of a rhinocerus. A truly worthy adversary of any hunter, spear, projectile or firearm, it was and still is a trophy for a lord's Great Hall

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

ok. not a great fan of ´historical fantasy´.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

interesting, verb errors notwithstanding.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous