Claiming Him

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

#

I all but abandoned my quest to lure him away, questioning my resolve to step between them, knowing that I needed to give her the benefit of the doubt. It was one thing to step in when I knew she was on her way out, it was a whole different animal to outright take him from her. But the knowledge that I could take him, if I had a mind to, left me feeling drunk with power.

It was two weeks later, on a Thursday morning, that they had their next fight. They were still in their room, with the door closed, but I could still make out at least every other word. In a nutshell, she was less than pleased with the fact that he would rather go out with friends than accompany her to a birthday party for a friend of hers. And I'd have been inclined to side with her, were it not for two things, the first being that he'd apparently only met her friend once before, and he'd seemed baffled that she'd even ask him to forego a night out with friends for a night out with people he didn't know. But what pushed me over the fence and onto his side was that she'd also brought up the fact that she found it extremely improper that he should be sharing a home with me. And for some reason it pleased me to learn that, until that morning, she had no idea that we were co-owners.

#

I was in the kitchen making dinner when I heard the door open. A glance at the clock told me it was likely her, and a moment later she confirmed it, stopping in the doorway. I raised a brow. "Hello."

"Hi."

I held her gaze for a brief moment then went back to peeling the potato.

She blew out a breath and moved to lean against the counter, a few feet away. "I'm sorry."

My brow went up but I didn't meet her gaze. "For what?"

"This morning; yelling." When I didn't respond right away, she said, "It's just... he drives me crazy sometimes."

I nodded. It was the only thing I could think to do, in light of the fact that I had zero interest in having a conversation with her regarding their relationship.

She said, "You've known him for, what, twenty-five years?" I nodded. She said, "Doesn't he annoy you sometimes?"

I stopped now, meeting her gaze. "Not really, no."

Her brows drew. "He'd rather go out with his friends than go out with me!"

I gave her a dubious look. "That's not exactly what I got out of all the yelling this morning. My take was that you want him to go to a party where he'll know, what, two, maybe three other people?" I shook my head. "You know what, I am not having this conversation with you. I promised myself I wouldn't meddle in his affairs."

"He knows me!" she said, her conviction rattling my nerves.

I turned, facing her and, keeping my voice as calm as I possibly could, said, "You are in my home. You will not raise your voice at me. And you will not, under any circumstances, yell in my home. Ever. Is that clear?"

She stared at me for several long moments, for what, I haven't a clue. Then... "Fine."

I watched her walk off, her ire evident when she slammed the door to their room. I set the potato down, along with the peeler, and went after her. I reached for the handle but stopped short, choosing to knock instead.

"What?" she asked, her tone full on rude.

"I want to speak with you."

"I'm changing."

"I'll wait."

A moment later she yanked the door open, her eyes flashing. "What?"

"This..." I twirled my finger in the air, indicating the house. "...cost me over four hundred thousand dollars. That was my half. Don't you ever slam a door in my home again. Is that clear?"

"Perfectly. Now if you'll excuse me..." She turned and closed the door. Firmly. Testing my patience.

I bit my tongue and returned to the kitchen. It took several minutes of peeling and deep breathing before I was calm again. And though it meant that dinner wouldn't quite be ready when he walked in the door, I decided to change into something a bit more... attractive. This girl had stepped on my last nerve. I wanted her out of my house, and the thought of her sharing even one more night with my brother grated on my nerves something fierce.

I stopped in my room and changed into my cutest summer dress. I ditched my sandals, deciding to go barefoot. My freshly painted nails would catch his eye quicker than any pair of shoes I owned. I'd just entered the hall when a wicked idea formed, causing me to return to my room. I grabbed my half cup bra and, as quickly as I could, switched it for the one I had on, my stomach fluttering as I pulled the dress back over my head, the soft cotton teasing my nipples as it cascaded over them.

In the bathroom, I brushed my hair out then pulled it up with a clip on either side, my gaze dropping to my chest as I did, a smile forming, my head shaking. My areolas were faintly visible as two large, round circles, my nipples proudly poking from their centers like two large erasers. I briefly entertained the idea of switching back to my other bra but I decided against it. I wanted this woman out of my house, and the sooner the better. I applied a bit of mascara and coated my lips with the same lipstick I'd worn on our date, two weeks ago. I nodded at my reflection and returned to finish dinner.

As luck would have it, Nick was a few minutes later than usual, allowing me to have dinner ready when he arrived. And I even set the table for three. Even though I wanted her out of my home, I had made enough for all of us. And I saw no reason to be petty. I shook my head at the thought. On the one hand, I was willing to steal her man away from her, but on the other, I wasn't willing to see her starve.

I'm human, with flaws, sue me.

I leaned against the door frame in the kitchen while he took off his boots, and when he turned, his gaze slid from my face to my chest, lingering a moment before coming back up.

He looked nervous. I offering him a warm smile then approached him, reaching up to place a lingering kiss on his cheek. "How was work?"

He rolled his eyes. I shook my head. "Don't answer that. You can tell me over dinner. Go wash up. And see if Melanie would like to eat with us; I made beef stew."

He smiled. "I love your beef stew."

"I know. Now go."

"Yes, ma'am."

I was surprised a few minutes later when she followed him out. Like him, her gaze went to my chest as she entered. But where he seemed a bit embarrassed, she seemed annoyed. Still, though, I greeted her with a cordial smile. We ate in silence for a couple minutes before he spoke.

"This is really good, Linda."

"It is, very," she said, her tone quiet.

"Thank you."

He shrugged. "James came by today." I nodded. He said, "I met his new girlfriend."

"Yeah?"

He nodded. "It was actually her car they were in for."

Again I nodded. I was happy that he'd met somebody new, but I wasn't terribly interested in who it was or what her car needed. I said, "Are you busy Friday evening, after work?"

He looked immediately to Melanie. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

"I was hoping you'd take me to dinner," she said, sparing me a quick, semi-fake smile.

"What's up?"

I met his gaze, shrugging. "Nothing that can't wait. I was hoping you could help me pick up the new table. I was told it would be in on Friday."

"Saturday morning?"

I smiled, nodding. I wasn't in a terrible hurry for the table; we could pick it up anytime. What I wanted was a date with him. I wanted to give him another, more enticing, taste of what he's missing. But I'm an industrious girl; Friday isn't the only day of the week that ends in Y.

He offered to do the dishes, which was nice. Melanie thanked me for dinner and returned to their room, claiming she had a report due for work, which was also nice. It meant more time alone with Nick.

I cleared off the table while he washed dishes. I put the food away then held up a bottle of wine, one brow up. He smiled, his eyes taking a brief tour of my chest. I shook my head, amused.

He nodded toward the bottle. "I need a shower first."

"It'll keep."

I relaxed on the sofa, reading. And not long after I heard the water shut off, he appeared, wearing a pair of shorts and nothing else. It was still hot out. The Sun wouldn't go down for about another thirty minutes. I closed my book and set it aside. "Wanna sit outside with me, enjoy the pretty night?"

He nodded. "You get the wine, I'll get a couple towels for the loungers."

We met outside and I watched as he spread the towels. He looked up, his gaze again dropping to my chest. He averted his eyes. "You may, um... want a bra."

"It's hot," I said, shrugging. I sat and poured us each a glass of wine.

He said, "Thank you again for dinner. It was great."

I smiled. "You're welcome. I'm glad you liked it."

We settled in, enjoying the quiet for several minutes. I said, "You know what would be nice?" He shook his head. "Music."

He nodded once. "Hold that thought."

He headed in but returned quickly with his phone. And a few moments later, soft music filled the air, the volume low, just providing an undercurrent. "Perfect. Thank you."

He nodded. As we sat there, each lost in thought, I wondered what he was thinking. And I wondered if I'd ever sit out here with him, on the same lounger, my head on his chest. I resolved to try. "What are you thinking about?" I asked, my tone low.

He was quiet for a long moment. "Just stuff."

I waited. And sure enough he blew out a breath. "She told me you two got into it."

I nodded once. "I wouldn't exactly say..." I took and released a breath. "She tried to start a conversation with me about the two of you. When I told her I wanted nothing to do with that she got upset. She slammed the door to your room."

"And?"

I made a face. "I told her never to slam another door in my house."

"And that's it?"

I shrugged. "I asked her if I was clear."

"And that's it?"

My brow went up. "Yes, why?"

He shook his head. "She said, and I quote, 'She basically threatened me'."

I rolled my eyes. "I did not threaten her." It was on the tip of my tongue to tell him that I wanted her out, but I wasn't willing to go there. Instead, I'd kill two birds with one stone, without lifting a proverbial finger.

"For the record, I didn't think you did. It would be out of character for you."

I smiled then. "Thank you."

He nodded, holding my gaze a moment longer. Into the silence I said, "I want you to take me to that Mexican place across from the mall."

His brow went up. "Yeah?"

I nodded.

"And when would you like to go there?"

I shrugged. "Your choice, but I also want you to take me to see that movie I told you about; the one about the guy who breaks his arm and then ends up dating the nurse from the hospital."

"Isn't that a romantic comedy?"

I nodded.

"Also known as a chick flick?"

Again I nodded, smiling. "Think you're man enough?"

He laughed, his head shaking. "When would you like to go?"

"Thursday?"

He nodded. "I'll need a few minutes to get ready after I get home..."

I smiled. We turned our gazes to the sky as the high, whispy clouds turned several shades of red and orange. "Beautiful," I whispered.

"Mm."

I turned to see his gaze coming up. I shook my head, smiling.

"Sorry," he mumbled.

"Don't apologize. I choose to take it as a compliment."

#

I'd been looking forward to our date tonight, and as I stared into my closet, trying to decide what to wear, I wondered, not for the first time, whether he'd told Melanie that he was taking me out tonight. If he had, she'd given no indication she knew.

I heard her come in, and she'd walked quietly past the open bathroom door as I was fixing my hair. I'd decided on shorts and a light blouse, the shorts showing off more of my legs than any of my dresses would... well, my summer dresses, anyway.

I was one chapter away from finishing my book when he got home. He poked his head in, his gaze dropping immediately to my legs before coming back up. "Ready?"

I smiled, nodding, pleased that I hadn't needed to remind him.

"Gonna go get ready. Fifteen minutes or so."

I nodded. I went back to my book and a few minutes later I heard them arguing, though the volume was much quieter than the last time. And fifteen minutes later he appeared, looking terribly handsome in a pair of black jeans and a dark green polo, his muscled arms using up all of the available space in the sleeves and then some, his pectorals clearly visible. "Don't you look handsome."

He smiled. I took his arm for the walk to his truck, and thanked him when he held my door. We drove a few blocks in silence before I spoke. "Please tell me I didn't get you in trouble."

He met my gaze, shaking his head. "I can't win."

"When did you tell her we were going out?"

He met my gaze, looking embarrassed. "Tonight."

I chuckled, my head shaking. "I hope you're not wondering why she's upset."

He made a face. "Not really, no." A few moments later he said, "I guess I just didn't want to hear about it for three days."

I nodded but bit my tongue. At the restaurant, he got my door for me, and offered me his arm for the walk in. Over dinner we came up with the idea of having a barbeque on Saturday, just the two of us; Melanie was going to a wedding.

"How'd you get out of that?"

He shrugged. "I told her I was busy."

I nodded, impressed. "Wow. And did you break that news to her tonight also?"

He shook his head. "Night before last. I figured I was safer splitting things up."

I laughed softly, my head shaking. "Too much drama for me."

"You're single. What drama could you possibly be involved in?"

"Well, I got into a... discussion with your girlfriend on Monday, and tonight, whether either of us wants to admit it or not, I've pissed her off yet again," I said, only loud enough for him to hear.

He shook his head. "Tonight wasn't your fault. It's mine for not letting her know ahead of time."

"Fair enough. Still, though, it feels..." I shook my head. "Nevermind."

"Tell me," he said, his tone soft.

I met his gaze, holding it a moment. "I was going to say it's been a bit uncomfortable. She's not happy with me right now." I wanted to say that I wanted her out but I knew it needed to be his idea.

"You could talk to her."

I shrugged. "Maybe... We'll see."

"Anyway, how's work? Did you sell anything today?"

I shook my head. I'm a commercial realtor, and as such, it isn't unusual to go for weeks, or even longer, without selling anything. "Maybe tomorrow." Nobody but the two of us knew it, but we were saving to buy a building, to get out from under the rent he was paying at the shop. Though the market was constantly changing, we figured we were on schedule to begin a serious search sometime next year.

"I saw Karen today," he said, once the waiter had taken our orders.

I couldn't help the grin. His last ex. He'd literally caught her cheating, with another of his exes. That had been the subject of more than one conversation. And, interestingly, that hadn't been the end of their relationship. They'd actually simply drifted apart, splitting up amicably a couple months after her little fling with the other ex. "And how is Karen?"

He rolled his eyes. "She asked if I was single."

I shook my head. "You're not, so don't get any stupid ideas."

His brow went up. "Not to worry, I have no intentions of cheating."

I chuckled. "I showed an office building today to this couple. Two men."

His brow went up. "And you're telling me this, why?"

I laughed softly. "I was thinking of Karen and Terry..."

"Ah." He nodded.

"They interacted like an old, married couple; complaining about each other, making faces, that sort of thing." When he continued to stare at me I shrugged. "Guess you had to be there."

"Maybe. For the record, though, gay men are never really gonna warrant my attention." A slow smile pulled his lips. "Lesbians, on the other hand..."

I laughed softly, my head shaking. "Typical man."

Into the short silence I said, "Have you ever..." I shook my head. "Never mind."

"Seriously? You know you can't do that."

I groaned, rolling my eyes. "Fine, but don't say I didn't try to get out of it... Have you ever been with two women?"

He shook his head slowly. "And not for a lack of interest."

Mercifully, the waiter showed up with our dinner. We talked about the shop; him wanting a new diagnostic tool of some sort, making it a business dinner. Neither of us had left room for dessert. We paid the bill and left. At the truck, he held my door for me, his gaze caressing my upper thighs as I sat. I moved slowly, swinging one leg in, stopping there, my legs spread in a most unladylike fashion. "Hey," I said, softly, pulling his attention up, his gaze meeting mine. "The movie doesn't start for just over an hour. We could walk downtown, burn off some of that food."

He nodded. "Good idea." He offered his hand, helping me out, his gaze falling again to my thighs.

I slipped my arm through his and we began a slow stroll, people-watching along the way. We found ourselves in the quaint little alley that led to the theater. It was lined with restaurants and coffee shops and bakeries, and with the classy, piped-in music, it felt like a cozy little paradise. I squeezed his arm, pointing. One of the restaurants, an Italian place, had a cute, little garden-like area set up, where some of the patrons were taking advantage of the pretty music and the beautiful summer weather, dancing. "Maybe we should have a glass of wine."

He laughed softly. "Methinks you're more interested in the dancing than the wine."

"And if I am?"

He shook his head. "Never leave a lady wanting."

I moved close, pressing my breasts against his arm. "This lady wants to dance."

We entered and caught the eye of a waitress. She showed us to a small table for two, took our wine order, and left. I turned my attention on him. "Tell me about Melanie. Do you see yourself marrying her?"

He made a face before shaking his head once. I released a quiet breath. He said, "We're just not a good fit, you know?"

I nodded. And though I had my own opinions about her and about him and about their relationship, I really felt I needed to keep my thoughts to myself. He needed to figure things out for himself. But I wasn't unwilling to help things along. "Tell me about your ideal woman."

He smiled, his gaze dropping, whether subconsciously or not, to my chest. At 34C, I'm big enough up top to attract my fair share of attention. I laughed softly. "Okay, so... big boobs?"

He looked away, shy, shrugging.

"Hey," I called, just loud enough for him to hear. He met my gaze. I gave him a reassuring smile. "I'm flattered, really."

He smiled a boyish smile, his gaze again dropping, briefly.

I shook my head, amused. "Do you remember the question?"

He shook his head. "Wait. My ideal woman," he said, impressed with himself. I smiled, nodding. "Well, I suppose my biggest requirement is that she's sweet; somebody who isn't uptight all the time." He met my gaze, shrugging.

The waitress came with our wine. We sipped at them for a few quiet moments then I allowed my gaze to move to the dancing couples. He stood then, offering me his hand. He pulled me to an empty spot in the shadows and I stepped close, one foot between his, one hand going to his chest, one into his hand, a small space between us. Within a few moments, though, I felt his thumb begin to move, caressing me just below my breast, his hand on my waist. I closed the distance between us, moving my hand from his chest to his back, up to his shoulder, pressing my cheek to his chest. I exhaled.

"Okay?"

I nodded, smiling. "Perfect."

As with the last time we'd danced, we didn't actually turn. We swayed, which was somehow terribly erotic, in that it felt like we weren't actually dancing, rather we were just holding onto each other for the sake of being close.