Click Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I will need someone to clean up the third floor," I said as I moved behind Fiona and pulled her to me.

"Well, let me take care of it," Cassie said as she turned to leave.

"Wait, it can wait until after," I said even as Fiona twisted out of my grasp.

"Two will make it go faster," Fiona said with a wicked grin.

"Goddamn it, okay, three will make it go even faster," I said with a frustrated snarl.

I sighed, reached under the sink and retrieved the bucket that was stashed there. The girls headed up to change into the proper clothes for the job. I gathered up the cleaning supplies and carried them up to the secret door on the second floor. I keyed in the security code and the door silently slid open. I keyed in a second code to keep the door open. I carried the supplies up the stairs and waited for the girls to arrive. I didn't have long to await but damn what a sight to see the two of them wearing maid outfits. This was going to be one long tease fest.

"Really," I said smiling despite myself.

"Oh hush up and enjoy the ride," Cassie said grinning ear to ear.

We began at the top and worked our way down. We stripped the bed, windows and furniture of any coverings, cloth or curtains. While I took those to the laundry mat the girls continued to clean the third floor. There was too much for our washing machine to do in the time allotted. So while I sat at the laundry mat I got a text from Heather, she wanted to know when it was okay for her to come by. I told her to wait for the afternoon so that the last bit of cleaning up we were doing could be finished. She replied that she wanted to help so I was resigned to let her help me at the laundry mat. I gave her the address and told her to come by whenever she was ready. Fifteen minutes later we were sitting next to each other watching the three washing machines go round and round.

"So what's in the machines," she asked as she handed me a breakfast sandwich.

"Stuff from the third floor," I said. Her eyes widened in shock but she quickly recovered.

"You've been searching around," she said.

"Yes," I said. "That's the only thing I found so far. Unless you want to help me out with my search, I mean you seem to know the house better than me."

"I do, I know where all the hidden doors are. I will show you when we get back if you let me help out with the cleaning."

"It's a deal."

I wanted to ask her about her uncle but let that fall by the wayside for now. If she showed me everything then she would know about the tunnel in the basement. Then I had to wait and see if she revealed that little bit of information. If she did she could stay, however, if she withheld then she was out the fucking door. I wasn't going to have someone in my house that wasn't trustworthy. And I wasn't going to use the phone on her because of her uncle. She had to want to be with me.

We sat there for a couple of hours while the machines did their work. Then she helped me carry out the wash to her SUV. She drove while I waited to see how the chips were going to fall. I watched her and she seemed nervous the closer she got to our destination.

"You okay, you look a little nervous," I said.

"Yeah, I am wondering what condition the house is in," she said. "It has been over a decade since anyone but caretakers lived there. I just hope nothing has fallen into too severe of disrepair."

"From what I have seen of the third floor, there are billions of dust bunnies but everything else seems to be in good condition."

"Thank goodness, I was worried," she said relief flooding her.

"So how many other secret doors are there," I asked.

"Two, one on the third floor and one in the basement," she said.

"Why would there be two in the basement," I asked leading her on.

"Well one is the main playroom; the other is actually a tunnel that leads to a hidden room on the campus of the university. That was how my father and his predecessors moved in secret from the house to the university. Well them and the members of their coven. They could traffic sex slaves into the house without anyone knowing. They would pick the most attractive female students, drug them and take advantage of them in the playroom. They did it all for their patron, Nashada."

"Patron, what sort of patron," I asked as the name rang a bell from the diary I had read.

"You will think it silly, but my father believed in a demonic force that was looking out for our family."

"Is that the real reason your uncle is so upset that the house is in my possession? Does he feel that Nashada will see this as a breach of trust?"

"I don't know to be perfectly honest. I have no idea if he even knows about Tar Nashada. I was told since I was the heir of the household, well that was until my uncle usurped my inheritance with the help of the Order."

"That's why you want to stay with me; it is your only chance to experience your inheritance vicariously through me."

"That was my plan at first. But after our time in the playroom I feel bonded to you on a level I can't even put words to," she said shaking now.

"I'll be damned, you think this Tar Nashada took me over and fucked you, don't you!"

She didn't answer and a minute later we were pulling up in front of the house. We carried in the laundered curtains, covers and pillow cases. I led Heather upstairs and she cried out when she saw the security panel attached to the wall. The secret door was still open so we just walked straight up to the third floor.

"Hey, we're back," I called out.

"Told you," Cassie said.

"You were right; he brought her back with him. I thought he would wait until he got back at least," Fiona said.

"But we haven't done anything, yet," Heather said spoiling the moment. "Why is there a number pad on the wall downstairs?"

"I think you know. I had to protect the museum that is up here."

"You don't trust me," Heather asked but I shook my head.

"I don't trust your uncle. With school starting next week the house will be empty a lot, thus the security system."

The four of us began putting the curtains back up and making the master bedroom livable. Then we attacked the bathroom and the billiard room. Cassie and Fiona finished their work in the bathroom while Heather and I started cleaning the other. This is when Heather showed me the last secret door in the house. She turned one of the gas light sconce to reveal the passage beyond. There were two rooms. One was obviously a smaller playroom while the other possessed a two way mirror so that the players could be watched in secret. I wondered if Cassie could shed some light on this Tar Nashada character. I wondered if it were a family name among the Isani. That would explain the severe focus of sexual perversion literally built into this place. Heather gave me the tour of the smaller playroom and told me all about how his father took his lovers here and members of the Order would watch from the other room. Though the rooms were now dusty as all hell, they could wait, there were more important things to get done today. We left the secret hallway and returned to the billiard room. I could see Cassie and Fiona making trips up and down the stairs with my clothing and possessions. They were already stocking the bedroom up here with my belongings. I got to work cleaning the billiard room. I wasn't going to let them do all the work. Heather joined me and before we knew it we were finishing up. The only room left to attack was what I called the museum. But we had all been working for hours without a break or a meal. I called the nearest chicken joint and placed an order for pickup. I asked Fiona to go and pick it up so I could keep an eye on Heather. That's when I told Heather that she would be taking over the master bedroom.

"Fiona didn't want to have to move her stuff so it was just logical," I said.

"I will help out wherever I can to make up for her not having it," Heather said.

"That is between you two," I said. "After lunch you can take us down to the basement and show me the last secret door, okay."

"Great, though there may not be much to see," she said.

"Oh, before I forget about it, Cassie have you ever heard the name Tar Nashada before," I asked and I watched her go white.

"Where did you hear that name," Cassie asked her lips trembling. I motioned towards Heather and Cassie nodded and did a little gesture with her hands to calm herself. "The Tar Nashada was a cult of Isani who were accused of demon worship. They were run out of every civilized corner of society. They fled to the New World in the sixteenth century and stayed her until they faded into the background when the colonies were established. There were hints of ties with the Hermetic Order of the Silver Twilight but that has never been established."

"They were responsible for the building of the room in the basement," I said and Cassie nodded. "What did they stand to gain besides helping allies?"

"I don't know," Cassie said and steered the conversation to more comfortable ground. "But this house is one hell of a treasure. I look forward to a firsthand glimpse of this museum room of yours."

"There are quite a few interesting pieces in there. Maybe you can help me figure them out, the two of you I mean."

"I can help you find the list of items and where they came from," Heather offered.

"That is a great start," I said.

"I suppose I can tell you if any of them are related to my people or other non-human races," Cassie said offhandedly. "Ooh foods here..."

We all heard the front door open and Fiona step in. There was a mad dash for the dining room. I was starved and followed the girls down the stairs. By the time I got there Fiona was laying out the food and she seemed to be in very good spirits. We settled down and small talk seemed to revolve around my new bedroom and Fiona's ever present smile.

"So who is he," I asked. "It's got to be a guy to put you in such a good mood."

"You remember Jim Constantine," she said grinning even wider now.

"Little Jimmy," I said. "How is he doing?"

"He is not so little anymore," Fiona said with another smile.

"Really, are you guys going to be hanging out," I asked and she nodded. "Good, you could use some fresh meat."

"It's just dinner," she said taking a healthy bite of chicken.

"Whatever you say," I said holding up my hands in surrender.

I was eager to get this whole tunnel thing over with but things had to play out as natural as possible. We finished lunch and I helped Cassie pick up and wipe things down. Then I made eye contact with Heather and she seemed as anxious as I was to get this thing over with. Boy was she in for a surprise! The four of us headed down to the basement and each of us looked at the secret door that led to the playroom as we headed deeper into the shadows. We all gave a shiver and continued on. Heather led us straight to the back wall and was searching for the hidden switch that would open the door to the tunnel. Finally she found what she was looking for and the door slid silently upwards. The darkness was profound and I handed out flashlights to Cassie and Fiona.

"There is a light switch somewhere," Heather said. "Shine your light over here Fiona. Wow, looks like nobody's touched this area in forever look at all the dust. The switch is right over... here."

There was a low humming followed by the slow flickering to life of the overhead lights. The flooded tunnel became visible and Heather smiled. Then she hit another switch and the pumps started.

"I have turned on the pumps; they'll suck out the water in no time. Then we can continue on down the tunnel to the door at the other end of the tunnel. I am curious to see where it comes out."

It took around five minutes for the pumps to do their job and we were moving forward. Heather led the way and we reached the first treasure room. She literally raced ahead and when she found it empty she screamed.

"NO," Heather hollered.

"What's wrong," I asked.

"It's empty, where are the crates... we have to check out the other rooms," she wailed as she raced to the other rooms. She wept as she found each and every one of them empty. Then she went to the room that had held the pieces of art and went to a spot on the far wall. She was searching for something and opened a small hidden compartment. She dropped to her knees and pulled out a small wooden chest. The chest had three antique locks on the front of it.

"It's still here," she whispered to herself. "I wonder what the chances are that they are all unlocked."

"I wouldn't give much chance of that," I said. She smiled and tugged on the locks and to my shock and utter amazement each of the three locks was in fact unlocked. "How the hell..."

"Just lucky I guess," Heather said grinning.

She removed the locks, lifted up the latches and opened the chest. She pulled out a leather bound book and carefully opened it. She read the first page of the book and it dropped from her nerveless fingers. When she turned to look up at me her face was white and her eyes were wide in shock.

"It's for you," she said her lips quivering. I bent down and picked up the book. I opened it just as she had and read the first line.

'This tome has been set aside for the eyes of Fiona Osborn only.' The inscription was dated 1888.

"That is not possible," I whispered. "It must be a coincidence. Here, this is for you." I said handing the book over to my sister.

"Mine, what does this have to do with me," she asked as she opened the front cover and looked down. "What the hell?"

"Just read it and tell me if this is some sort of mistake or not, alright," I said and she nodded.

"I still can't believe they were all empty," Heather said. Then she headed out and down to the end of the tunnel. She reached out and touched a brick. The second door that led to the tunnel opened silently but our way was barred with dust covered furniture. The room beyond was some sort of storage area and by the layer of dust no one had been down in years. Heather slipped through the gap and disappeared into the darkened room. She managed to reach a metal clad door on the far end. She opened that door and disappeared from sight.

'Arianna, do you have a GPS fix on us,' I asked.

'Yes Master, just beyond that door is the basement to the English Department of the University.'

'So after Heather's dad passed away they used this room for storage. I wonder what happened to shut down the operation. Was it just his death or was there more to it than that?'

'All I have on the record is that Heather and her father were both in the same car on the day he died. There was an accident, the car left the road rolled and came to rest on its roof. Due to her mother's condition Heather was given into her uncle's custody.'

'What is her Mother's condition,' I asked.

'She is located at Arkham Asylum,' Arianna said. 'She is a paranoid schizophrenic who is not responding well to medication.'

'The poor thing, to have lost both parents,' I said as I waited for her to return.

'I am detecting a cell phone signal,' Arianna said. 'It is coming from beyond the open doorway.'

'She is calling her uncle,' I said. 'This changes everything. I was hoping she wouldn't do something along those lines.'

I looked over at Fiona and she was standing with the book open and her gaze was riveted to whatever was written within. Then I looked over at Cassie and she saw my pained expression. She shot me a concerned look but then our attention was drawn back to the open doorway. Heather had reappeared and she looked at all of us guiltily.

"You called him didn't you," I said and she nodded. Then I noticed her spotless clothing. "What the hell?"

"What's wrong," she asked.

"Your jeans and your shirt, they're perfectly clean," I said.

"So," she said.

"That room was full of dusty furniture, how could you have gone through there twice without getting dirty?"

"Just lucky I guess," she said smiling. Then it struck me, the casket had three locks on it and all of them had been unlocked. What were the odds of that? Now this, something was going on and it revolved around Heather.

"So what did you tell him," I asked and her face darkened.

"Not that it is your business, but I told him the treasure was gone and that it had been gone for years."

"He has been watching the house since our falling out at the chapter house. Don't look so surprised, it is what I would have done. I think it is time we left this tunnel and put this all behind us."

I turned as Heather closed the secret door that led to the basement. Then I led the four of us down and out of the tunnel. I let Heather close the door and turned to face her.

"I am sorry this didn't work out," I said and saw the shock on her lovely features. "At least you hadn't moved your things in; you can leave now with little complications."

"You aren't going to let me stay, but why. Is it because of calling my uncle? You don't trust me! That phone call was family business and had nothing to do with us." She said her face flushed with anger and resentment.

"You called him and told him about the treasure without my permission."

"I didn't think it was that big of a deal," she said her eyes filling with tears.

"If it wasn't that big of a deal, why did you call him from the other room," I asked and I saw the undeniable guilt there. There was nothing else to say to her so I turned my full attention to Cassie and Fiona. "Let's go, it is time we put this behind us."

Heather touched the hidden trigger for the secret door and it slid back into place. We walked down the damp tunnel and returned to the comfortable confines of the house. Heather's face was a mask of despair and I could see she was trying to figure out some sort of logic to save the day but it was for naught. We closed the other end of the tunnel, walked up the basement stairs and then out the front door. Fiona and Cassie never said a word and watched silently as I walked Heather to her vehicle.

"I am sorry Steve," she said her face streaked with silent tears.

"I know you are, but this is the end," I said opening the driver's side door for her. "Tell your uncle that this is a done deal. He is not to take any further action or else I will retaliate and he won't like how things go for him or for your family." She nodded as she climbed in and buckled up. I couldn't think of anything else to say so I just closed the door and walked over to the sidewalk. I watched her drive off and turned to face the house. To my surprise my elderly neighbor was waving to me from her porch swing. I waved back and she smiled and motioned me over. I was curious and decided to see what she wanted. I walked over, opened her front gate and walked through her garden that lined either side of the walkway. I got a better look at her and she must have been in her middle to late sixties with long silvery gray hair and features that must have been gorgeous in her youth. She had high pronounced cheekbones and bright blue-green eyes. Her smile was wide and generous with bright teeth and a glitter in her eyes.

"I am so sorry I haven't welcomed you to the neighborhood before this," she said in her sultry voice.

"That's quite alright," I said. "My name is Steven Osborn."

"Melody, Melody Lake," she said patting the seat next to her. "Have a seat Steven; is it alright if I call you Steven?"

"Only if I can call you Melody," I said and she actually blushed. "So what can I do for you?"

"I was wondering," she said. "How much you knew about that house you are in."

"It used to belong to the Van Dekker family that was until the caretakers sold me the place."

"Yes, that is true, but I mean have you heard the stories about the parties that used to go on over there," she asked her eyes widening suddenly.

"No, I can't say that I have," I said and she smiled. "But I am curious to hear what you know."