All Comments on 'C'mon and Love Me'

by Bh76

Sort by:
  • 61 Comments
chick2206chick2206over 1 year ago

guy is too pig headed for me to enjoy the story. Anna as Nikki's good friend would have been more understanding and real but that's just the lesbian in me talking

NovemberComingFireNovemberComingFireover 1 year ago

This is the first of your stories that I hated. The MC is a whiny and judgmental douchebag with no redeeming qualities. Spent the whole story hoping Nikki would get her head out of her ass and move on. Mallory was adorable so I gave a star for that

agmarleyagmarleyover 1 year ago

I like the curvy road plot of this story. Also the MC is not a wimp and doesn't accept getting treated like a trash receptacle. Sure he loves from afar but he charts his own course through life without taking any $%&@ from anybody. Great story!

CriosCriosover 1 year ago

Great story! One thing I don't get though. Even though Mr. & Mrs Dryer KNEW Nikki's plan to make Drake jealous was dangerous and stupid, they still went along with helping her do it. They're smart about everything else in the story but they aren't about this?

Anyway, still a terrific read. One of your best, BH!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of your best! Thank you for sharing it.

steeltiger01steeltiger01over 1 year ago

Pretty good. It was a little convoluted, and we hit the end faster than I had hoped, but all in all a nice story. Thanks for sharing this with us.

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

4 stars and it was worthy of a 5 except for one reason, you flogged the 'just friends' scenario far too long and repeatedly, page, after page, after page. Other than that, it was a great story.

Alberto_MBFAlberto_MBFover 1 year ago

Millions of men get friendzoned all the time, but the disrespect she shows him as a person seems impossible to forgive. I would have kicked her to the curb the instant she blew off plan to drive to NC together for a guy she’d just started dating.

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

Excellent story with the ending cut short but all the same worthy of 5 BIG AND FAT TWINKLING STARS!

MaroonPrincessMaroonPrincessover 1 year ago

5 stars! I loved it. Well written. I did want her to suffer a little more at the end but that's just me. Great story.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Thank you again for a well crafted story! I do think you over played his reluctance to try for a relationship, but only by a little. There were some missed edits that I rarely see in your stories, but again strong narrative flow and character development gives you the heralded 5*. LOL

ArdieffArdieffover 1 year ago

Nikki is really too stupid - a spoiled little princess.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 1 year ago

John and Emily were the real gems of the story. The rest of the crew, including Drake, Nikki, Kelly and Jim, not to forget the idiots that Nikki was attracted to, were a bunch of losers of the highest order. What was to like in any of their behavior?

I had a feeling that the author was a real loser in that role. He starts off the story with the first day of high school for all of the young people. My first day of high school was two weeks before my 14th birthday. I and all my classmates (all perfect strangers to me) were children. Yeah, I know it was 71 years ago, but high school freshmen are always going to be children with respect to who they will be in later years. Drake falls in love instantly and Nikki already has a boyfriend. I don't care what generation you're talking about, people have to go through the maturation process before they do anything meaningful. I think that Nikki proved this beyond all doubt when she set up that lunch with Neanderthal at the end. She was 25 going on 12 in a maturity rating. Maybe give them another 10-20 years and perhaps they'll grow up - Maybe. I was very tempted to write this assessment when I finished page 1, but I thought that maybe our author will grow up as the story progresses. I was wrong! 2*

Baldy74Baldy74over 1 year ago

Really good story until the end. Just finished so quickly. Still enjoyed it though.

DruisiuilDruisiuilover 1 year ago

I really dislike stories where the guy has to change everything he believes to become the good guy. Nikki is a miserable bitch and should live with her parents and leave the world alone

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 1 year ago

Great story I couldn't put it down.

Cheers

SAGE

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written, but what a horrible manipulative character Nikki was. And they end up together? Wish fulfillment much? She deserves to be alone. One star.

JusteenKJusteenKover 1 year ago

My God, what an arrogant, self centered, conceited piece of shit was the protagonist of this tale. He sure as hell deserved love from nobody.

I like your writing but I'm afraid I have zero sympathy for your main character.

ProfesseurXProfesseurXover 1 year ago

A couple of strange mistakes but overall a very enjoyable story, thank you.

The Nikki character is so illogical it would be hard to believe if I hadn't been married for so long :-)

HargaHargaover 1 year ago

Great story but she's going to disappoint him again at some point. The little twist at the end was something a clueless idiot would do and something she would do again.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

It's definitely very well written. BUT the characters are SOOOO un-sympathetic!!!

* Having read to the end, I am not happy with Kelly's mother, at all. She basically condoned her daughter cheating not only at the expense of her husband (who ok, isn't her blood) but her son. If it was a true swinging/open marriage, I'd have jumped on bandwagon of blaming Drake for imposing his morals on others (and I do - see below). BUT, it clearly states later in the story, it wasn't Jim's idea, he was forced into it by a slut wife despite his wishes. So, the mother is an awful person.

* Also, Nikki as written - especially at the very end, is VERY unattractive person. NO, not because of the dumb stunt with the jock. The motivation "I don't want my Dad to take care of me, I want YOU to take care of me". She's a selfish B&^^&*, with zero redeeming qualities I can see. The epilogue really really contradicts the way she's shown by the author, and as much as I love happy ending for the protagonist, it felt very artificial and off.

* Also, her daughter Mallory subtly showcases her being super selfish, demanding presents and generally being more of a self centered a-hole than average kids are.

* And, the protagonist is the source of most his own problems, so I have a hard time rooting for him. His break with his family is because of his imposing his own morals on others (ironic, since in light of later revelations, he was correct - BUT, at the time he didn't know it!). Him not getting the girl was because of idiotic nobody-asked-for "letting her have time to get over ex bf". Him suffering since then was due to not growing a brain, and finding a woman to love and appreciate him for himself instead of uselessly pining for THE ONE! UGH.

All in all, 4 stars for great craftsmanship alone; otherwise the story would have been barely worth 3. The only positive characters I rooted for among major ones, were Nikki's parents. Everyone else is bleh to contemptible.

LitCritLitCritover 1 year ago

Good story, but... I have to agree with the folks that say Drake has his head too far up his ass. Stubborn? - OK, Stupid? Well, yeah, but so stubborn AND so stupid, repeatedly??? I gave it a four, but I really wished I could have given a 3.5, because Drake was REALLY annoying.

Wh00sherWh00sherover 1 year ago

I usually give your stories 5*, but not this time. You overplayed his reluctance to acknowledge her feelings.

It just went on too long without going anywhere.

madtowncunilinguistmadtowncunilinguistover 1 year ago

I agree with woosher - would have been a great story if it was 1/2 as long - the whole thing about hating his sister was lame. felt like you were grasping at straws for additional plot points so you could drag out Drake's agony even longer. Also, and maybe this is more me than you, but the plot point of an insanely jealous partner freaking out over the possibility that their partner is cheating gets tiresome really fast - why would anyone want an insanely jealous partner? Nikki should really have run from him also if she had 1/2 a brain.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandlerover 1 year ago

It was an outstanding story, dialog, character, and relationship development and one of if not the best short stories I've ever read.

A favorite and will reread it to see what I missed the first time. Thanks for sharing your considerable skill with me.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

Very cluttered life stiry.

AileyInnAileyInnover 1 year ago

Okay, Bubba, you’ve pushed my buttons. Ignore all of the folks that think they are smarter than the rest of us and write your stories. Very much enjoyed…

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonover 1 year ago

Great prose as usual but Drake won first place in the jackass competition with Nikki in a close second place. Hard to really like either of them.

teslaownerteslaownerover 1 year ago

I agree with Harga, and therefore when she confronted him in Indy, he should have told her actions have consequences, and in this case the consequences are severe. And then handed John his resignation and informed him he was taking a new job on the West Coast.

Drake had a firm moral code which would not tolerate cheating

G, she was aware of it, and she had agreed to be exclusive with him. This demonstrates a level of stupidity that boggles the mind. I do believe the section with Kelly was necessary to show the depth of his commitment to his moral structure. It was his choice to say "If you don't share my moral structure, I choose not to associate with you".

rockdoctor63rockdoctor63over 1 year ago

Wow, Nikki was a seld centered wench. It was always about her. I hope he can put up with her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well done again

CHDONPerCHDONPerover 1 year ago

A couple of things. First, there was a prenup yet that was never explained. If he cheated, wouldn’t she have had some security? Second, Drake was clear at the hotel with his sister and brother in law that their relationship caused he to be very insecure in relationships. Nikki heard that yet you have her playing the “jealous “ game. With the character you had developed, there would not have been any reconciliation. That whole meeting with old boyfriend took away from the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I shouldn't read comments. Too any of them tempt me to feel anger.

It is a beautiful story about two real life people. BH is a great writer.

That said, the editing was weak.

If you like real people like the many I have met as a counselor, flawed but good people at heart, and you enjoy the pattern of a Romance story where the flaws cause barriers, but love wins in the end, this is a GREAT read.

MikodaMikodaover 1 year ago

Sigh, my search for stories with real men in them continuous. But given what you see on (anti)social media about men in the US...... no surprise. Most of them are wimps, simps, losers and rather stupid.

muskyboymuskyboyover 1 year ago

No likable characters and not much, if any, romance.

Wolfgang1955Wolfgang1955over 1 year ago

Why are all of your Male characters such a bunch of insecure weenies-?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

YOUR ROMANCE STORIES ARE ALL LACKING....NOT REALLY ROMANCE....JUST ANOTHER ENTITLED CUNT NIKKI AND THE WIMP DOUBLE D

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

MC seems more like a righteous lesbian. I was not surprised at all he had a cat.

Ginger630Ginger630over 1 year ago

Nicki was a spoiled brat and Drake was pussy whipped without the pussy.

The sex scene was completely lacking.

Drake didn’t like his sister because of swinging? Seriously?

Terrible story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I understand why people say that the characters are unlikable. They are very correct. However, I think you deserve compliments of the highest order for one reason: These people behaved like real people. Not rational people, not good people, but real people. Most authors struggle or don't even try to write real, genuine people, and you did it.

The romance and sex was admittedly a bit weak, but the story itself was engaging.

If you want to handle complaints that there isn't a lot of sex, maybe tell us. Other authors give a quick warning about whether the story is good for a quick jerk and many people appreciate those.

sdc97230sdc97230over 1 year ago
Drake needed to be slapped, hard, a lot

I don't think I've ever read a Literotica story where the MC had so little self confidence, self esteem or courage. Just about everything Drake ever accomplished in life, someone led him to by the nose. He developed himself physically because Nikki's idiot jock HS boyfriend bullied him and introduced him to his gym buddies, Nikki's father gave him his first real job and pushed him up the corporate ladder, saving him from the life he would otherwise probably have had stocking the back room of some supermarket, and his failure to assert his love for Nikki just goes on and on. He says he disapproved of his sister's lifestyle because he's "old fashioned," but I think he just resented the fact that she had the guts he lacked, to assert herself and live the life she wanted and the good fortune to find a partner in life who supported her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Drake was so dense, and in a way, so was Nicki. So much drama over misunderstanding in a very long story that had a too quick ending. Overall, I liked the premise, but...

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

Overall a good story. I think the ending, wedding, happy ever after was rushed. Drake blowing up at her the 1st time, saying it was always what she wants was very important and sort of glossed over.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow the MC was incredibly insecure, dense, wallowing in self pity, judgmental, and a cynic in a young man's body. Sure he was a friend to Nikki and was great with Mallory. But it took just about everything and everyone to get him to accept Nikki's love. Nikki has her own insecurities, based on her terrible marriage to Mike. If she despised the guy that much, why date him for so many years? When pregnant with Mallory, she had other options. Her parents have a nice home and her father is well off. If she knee she made a massive mistake when she was pregnant while still in school, why run into Mike's arms and get married. Didn't she already learn by then or soon thereafter about Mike cheating on her with his "cousin"? Ok to be fair she reacted out of fear and her insecurities got worse with her marriage. But she didn't do anything bad, she just chose poorly. Of course the MC would be hurt that she started dating Mike, right before college, but for someone who was still her close friend, and close to her daughter, and having unrequited love, he carried that pain for years, despite only being 25! And let's not even start hoe he treated his family. Highly judgmental fonhis older sister. To the point of not talking to her for like 10 years? He is age 25! Not talking to his parents for 2-3 years? What did they do? His sister and her husband agree to an open marriage with swinging. It is anlifestyle choice. Obviously her husband wasn't a big fan of it, and in many cases open marriages fail (>90% divorce rate), but they had two kids and went monogamous and made it work. Ok her not using protection while swinging and trying to get pregnant (at least for the first one) is really stupid. I cannot imagine any husband agreeing to that. But it is their lives. The sister realized she was putting strain on the marriage and after several years quit the swinging scene. It is up to Jim to decide if he will put up with it or not. Not her brother. Personally i think open marriages are probably on life support st any given moment after the newlywed phase. But it is their mutual choice, as long as no extortion, coercion, or threats are used to garner consent, and they agree to communicate openly and/or establish mutually agreed on rules. Going back to the MC: what a whiner. Nikki was begging him to let her love him. Begging. Of course the whole charade with her ex boyfriend to provike jealousy was stupid. The MC shouldn't have to propose within six weeks of dating despite being close friends for a decade. She was insecure and going out of her mind. She nearly blew it, but it was pretty obvious that it was staged, though misguided.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
*

these people are REALLY dumb.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So much soap opera here

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fantastic I gave 5 stars

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 1 year ago

4. Above average and enjoyable, just felt the ending was rushed. Despite it being 8 pages I felt it could have used another page if not more to deal with the fallout of her attempt at getting him jealous. With his problems of confidence after being friendzoned so long, his worries about her mindset, and her own boneheaded moves he broke it off with her completely but almost immediately got back together. I felt like she needed to grow up a little and to prove that she really loved him rather then wanted him because he was comfortable. Don't feel she did that, kept messing up even towards the end. Of course he should have been willing to try to go after her but never did, him waiting for the right opportunity and her waiting for him to make his move. Overall enjoyable, just a few minor problems.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Drake needs counseling. Wants to say this, but says that. Immediately regrets his actions. Pines away for her for years.

olddave51olddave51about 1 year ago

Another great story 5 stars

It just proves no one is perfect and forgiveness is a part of love.

The MC has to protect himself in spite of his love for her.

She probably needs a little bit of counseling, and they could use a little couples counseling too.

I have female friends who I have had for years and anyone of them could turn into romantic love.

WetheNorthWetheNorth10 months ago

Drake is an asshole

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Drake is a big asshole. His parents are in the hospital and yet he can't stop making it all about him and his feelings towards his sister? Why even bother to visit when he clearly didn't care about any of them? It's like a game trying to find out what's going to upset Drake next.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Obviously Drake has his issues, but I cant understand why him being upset with his sister while he's visiting his estranged parents in hospital is an issue. If anything his sister is a bitch for trying to use their hospitalised parents to emotionally blackmail him into forgiving her. And I know, some people would argue that she did nothing wrong, her sex life and her marriage is her own business, but clearly that she and her marriage was a role model to Drake growing up and finding out it was perfect no doubt shocked him to the core, add in the fact that his parents chose her instead of staying impartial "because of the grandkids", I can understand why Drake had so much resentment towards his sister. Should he have called her a slut and whore? No, but the simple fact remains that his childhood and family got ripped apart because Kelly didnt love her husband enough to stay faithful. He was a kid, and he reacted, yes he overreacted, but its understandable, and him being upset that she is using the parents being in hospital to try and mend the gap doesn't make him an asshole. (He is an asshole, for many other reasons, but that isnt one of them)

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Drake is one enormous asshole! I mean give a fucking break if his sister and her husband want to swing it is none of his fucking business! Yeah I mean I get it, it is kind of a fucked up lifestyle and it is fair for him to say that I don't want anything to do with that so keep it as far away from me as possible, but whether they do it or not is up to them. I have to say that I would get as far away from Nikki as I could get she has done nothing but play around with his feelings for like 10 years! I see major heartache for him in the future when the next asshole jock comes around and she thinks she can cheat on him because "oh he loves me so much that he'll forgive me"!

MarrttyMarrtty5 months ago

Good story, writing female characters is hard, Nikki simply has never done anything to garner that level of love from Drake. She really is kind of a nasty selfish person. All of these childhood loves delayed for years stories suffer from the same problem, the women are not worth the effort.

SorchakSorchak5 months ago

At the end, Drake really should have figured that the phone could/would be tracked, and kept it off. But, nope, that would mean that Bh76 would have to keep writing until Nikki and her parents found him. Seriously, the smart thing to do would NOT be going right to his parent's place, because that also makes it waay too easy for him to be found. But there again, Bh76 would have to keep writing until they either found him, or he decided to go back to her.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Terrible ending. Given his sentiments at the time, why would he drive back home and do so with Nikki? Perhaps, later he’d do so but not then. A great story marred by this faux pas,.

Anita71Anita71about 1 month ago

I didn't care much for drake's character in this story, he was way too hard on both his sister and parents

but well written

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBh76@Bh76
2/9/24: Out of the Shadows is finally ready and dropping soon. My long-awaited sequel to Heart is Where the Home Is and Living In the Shadows picks up where Living left off and continues the saga of Mel, Joe, Lainey, Ken, and the rest of the gang. My patreon supporters have al...

SIMILAR Stories