All Comments on 'Collateral Damage Pt. 02'

by justthejanitor

Sort by:
  • 267 Comments
CreeperclawCreeperclawover 9 years ago
I Like It

I'm convinced that a second transgression won't occur and I'm satisfied with the destruction of his enemy. Sometimes all an opponent needs is a good sound brutal beating to make a guy feel better... a juicy salary increase doesn't hurt either.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A little disappointed

You could have done so much more with your fantastic setup in Pt. 01. I have to admit being a little disappointed, but overall still a very good read. It should be a >4 story, but I have a feeling your gonna get hammered once the scores start pouring in.

mike9698mike9698over 9 years ago
ok

some of this i liked. but his wife is still a fucking idiot. he still owes the bitch something to.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Part 1 was much better

With this we get a run of the mill revenge story. Unsurprising (did anyone not guess it was the wife?), and not erotic. 5 stars in part 1, 2 stars for this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Goes beyond a limit of belief

Something about these stories where the wife is so naive or so stupid she'd forget to breathe if someone didn't remind her, stretch the limit of belief to the point you just got to say HEY, STUPID SHE DID IT. No matter how you spin it she spread for another guy for no good reason other than he was really good looking and told her what she wanted to hear. The definition of cheating. Did you really sign up to be married to, maybe not the easiest spread in town, but someone so close you really can never trust out of your sight again. That's what you're married to?!?! If she ever by chance meets Brad Pitt petting a puppy in the park will she be so hormonally impaired, the mother of your children, that she'll be peeling off her panties in a heart beat?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Fantastic

Fantastic! The ending caught me completely by surprise, I had given no consideration that the attacker was the demure wife Rosie. "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Fun Story *****

I don't get the criticism. Fun read. 5 Stars.

illjoyilljoyover 9 years ago
Almost RAAC

while not entirely RAAC its almost there, srsly she cheated without the "excuse" of being drugged or drunk. Now you have a srs moral dilemma involving law enforcement which the husband suddenly and quite conveniently forgets about. While I do applaud she's "fighting" for her marriage where was this fight when she was being "seduced"?

"I fucking can't stand that bitch. In fact, I've been trying to figure out how to beat the shit out of her myself without getting pinched, but I know she'd nail me if I did. I'm pretty sure she'd nail you too if you tried to get even. She's a fucking schemer and the cunt's got all her bases covered." - Or he could have told him that she was gonna blackmail him and im pretty sure he would have thought of something considering that the husband is suppose to be "intelligent" but again I see how this is a plot device for reconciliation

dmhackdmhackover 9 years ago
Nice touch

Usually we can see the twist coming from miles away. Not this time. Kudos.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Rosie's pov

This was good, but I was really hoping for Rosie's pov on the seduction, descriptively what happened and her thoughts and feelings as she was giving in and fucking him.

illjoyilljoyover 9 years ago
dmhack

I dont usually attack other users but your comment just made me smh, if you really couldnt see this a mile away after putting together the fact that the seducer didnt do it and neither did the husband it stands to reason the wife did. It would have been more of a surprise if anyone but the wife did it

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Loved it

five stars. This was a well developed storyline that was definitely not cookie cutter by any stretch. I assume this is the end. Yes, there are still unanswered questions. But part of the allure of this story was the unexpected. How did Devin get to his wife? How did she manage to carry out the attack against Teri? The author gives us some insight, but leaves a bit to the imagination. We don't need a part three that tells her story. We know she was seduced. We know she is sorrowful. We probably know she would never do it again. We know she is angry about what was perpetrated against her. Did she redeem herself? I'm not sure. Her actions cannot absolve her of her responsibility in her getting fucked. But I am fine with a bit of mystery at the end. It is in keeping with the rest of the story. They probably work things out. I'm fine with that.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago

One thing is for sure. The quality of this piece puts the author in very good company. Best you've done yet, and one of the finest I have ever read.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
DYNAMITE CUMS IN SMALL PACKAGES

and never face up to a female protecting her den. TK U MLJ LV NV

bystander13bystander13over 9 years ago
Short and sweet

Nice job JTJ. Glad to see something a little different even if you could see it coming from a mile away.

hebert100hebert100over 9 years ago
novel approach

novel approach, a new way to gain reconciliation. thanks for the story. hope you add a chapter just for Rosie. how she felt. how she reached the decision to beat the stuffings out of Torrie. thanks for a great story

HatsudaHatsudaover 9 years ago
Completely taken off guard!

There aren't a whole lot of surprises in this genre anymore, but you got me on this one. Well done!

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
Wow 5

He fucked up by engaging in a stupid office war with a stupid bitch. Worse, he escalated the situation when he turned it personal by turning the seducer lose. When it turned around on him, he didn't like it. Of course his wife screwed up, a bit too easily to be understood. Nobody is that good a seducer that they are irresistible. The dead wife story, was also lame and clearly bullshit. She fucked because she wanted to fuck. The fact is, no one was a decent moral person in this story. They were all more than a little fucked up and they all got what they deserved. For people of their age and station in life they all should have known better. The only real reason to stay married, other than for the benefit of the kids was because they were all such shitty people they are better off together.

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 9 years ago
Well written stuff

But pretty pedestrian. Certainly didn't live up to the potential of the first chapter.

zed0zed0over 9 years ago
Obvious

The conclusion (and RAAC) were obvious from the start of part 2.

I'm disappointed in myself for even finishing this drivel, when it was such a foregone conclusion. But based on your previous work I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Oh well, my stupid.

Hopefully you will have grown your balls back before you try to write again.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
of the four

the right one figured it out.

It is too bad she didn't give the serial seducer a proper sendoff too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A Great Read!

Thank you for the great story. I enjoyed it immensely and was sorry it was over. I figured that Rosie was involved with the beating but thought she had some clandestine relatives who did the job for her. What a nice surprise.

I get a chuckle out of the BTB crowd and the ones who throw around RAC as a bad thing. The BTB crowd is the same crowd as RAC crowd. They are just trying to put themselves at a distance from the poor connotation that BTB crowd gives to normal people. I don't know why they don't realize that life is full of greys. If they think every situation is black and white, and deserves wrath and broken homes, then I feel sorry for their sons, daughters and wives, and yes, for them too.

ramonbrookramonbrookover 9 years ago
Enjoyed it but

She was deduced by a stranger into having sex, really? So what happens to the next guy who loses his wife? Will she comfort him also?

I know this story could end here, but I hope it doesnt, because I'm hoping Rosie can explain that it took a few weeks of seduction and not just one visit for her to end up with Devin! Would also like to see Teri's reaction to being transferred and Grant getting her job!

ParttimereaderParttimereaderover 9 years ago
good stuff

Agree that this is moving in the right direction. While the infidelity was bad what would be worse would be Teri winning, that is breaking the marriage permanently.

Agree with other comments that another chapter to tie up the loose ends is needed.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 9 years ago
Good story

And no, I don't think it needs more.

ramonbrookramonbrookover 9 years ago
CORRECTION: Enjoyed the story, but

She was SEDUCED by a stranger into having sex, really?

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 9 years ago
Far be it for me

To spoil the outcome but didn't she just fall for an obvious line and then effectively seduce her dopey husband into forgiving her? Is this guy a lamebrain or what?

looking4itlooking4itover 9 years ago

I do not believe that a person who so willingly and easily went to bed didn't do so with at least some regard for wanting to and could/would do it again in the future just as easily if the right circumstances were to present themselves. Most likely even easier than the first because the ice has been broken. This is turning, sadly, into the Hatfields and McCoys.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I don't see why....

he couldn't have signed the legal separation agreement (that he already paid for), talked to Rosie about counseling, and STILL worked on the marriage, eventually preventing divorce. In counseling, many of the obscured truths would have been made much clearer. Positive communication would become more emphasized. And she would have to face just why it was that she was so EASY to seduce. Perhaps she would be given emotional tools to help prevent future problems. Funny, If Grant HADN'T reacted so strongly and swiftly, in both confrontation and departure, would Rosie REALLY have learned anything???

If he had passively accepted her betrayal, then TERI wouldn't have learned anything either, and then things would never have improved on the job.

One more thing, I DON'T think that the police would have been so quick to dismiss a female as a potential suspect. Just saying...

I'm not against reconcilliation here in this case, especially with young kids involved, but this problem IS bigger than the both of them, and to truly heal, they have to admit that they need help. That said, he shouldn't be too eager to move back home, and protecting himself legally WAS a savy move. I thought his actions were all well on point UNTIL he decided NOT to sign; but even worse with zero mention of counseling or any other theraputic remedies.

JTJ, was there more to come, or was this supposed to be just two chapters? I'm afraid that if this IS all, then perhaps this story won't be quite as successful as anticipated. Oh well, I'll still thank you for the contribution, and will be more than happy to read the next one.

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
Against all I agree with @lance_spearman...

Against all I agree with @lance_spearman...It's a good story and the author found a good way to save the marriage...We are all humans, we make mistakes soon or later, but what distinguishes a good person from a bad one, is that a good person learns from the mistake...She did...He too, because he was a guilty one too, as the lover boy told him...

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanover 9 years ago
I like that little twist at the end there

I think that mischievous smile and proud boast about some bitch getting her ass soundly kicked for her evil deed.... I think that really does, by itself, goes a long way to convincing me to believing that she's probably just stupid, as her husband said; but that, all evidence to the contrary, she's not a premeditated cheater, as a character...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wow

Great story, I didn't even think it was a female who put the Queen bitch in the hospital. Enjoyed your story! Thanks for writing and sharing. Awesome!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 9 years ago
This story deserves high marks.

It was well written and we had a new plot. Readers have no idea how much time and effort writers put into thinking about plots and wanting to do something different than the standard, "She cheats. he catches her. makes her and lover suffer, and divorces her" story. This was interesting and different and that is worth a great deal. Thanks for the imagination and hard work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
3 stars

good read

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 9 years ago
Started like a pro, ended like a amauter

Violence is always the 'easy' answer and sometimes the appropriate one .Not so much in this case . The story begged for one last faceoff with Teri and the narrator. But the story raised fantastic complications in terms of how to deal with female agendaist with control issues. The beatdown didn't resolve that. Did battering another woman solve the issue of Rosy being so gullible to fall for any stud with a sob story?.

I give the author credit for conceiving the fascinating office sexual politics plot but hope other writers will take up the challenge of how to reach a more credible conclusions with with less contusions.

javmor79javmor79over 9 years ago
Excellent.

Its becoming very rare to read a story in this genre that makes me nod my head and think "Great story". This definitely was worth the read. It ended perfectly. I don't feel like we need to go through the counseling and the anger to see them live happily ever after. This ending was enough for me. Excellent job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
to Lord Slammdawg

What is an amauter?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
shall i say

surprising end

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 9 years ago
Rosie, you rock! Go girl, go!

I usually dislike RAAC, but fell in love with Rosie when she beat the tar out of the wicked witch. As HDK said, this is a great series - original and new. My father had a saying, "never underestimate the power of a woman," and Rosie is a woman not to be underestimated. Well done!

mazeratimazeratiover 9 years ago
I liked it, but...

For his wife to succumb so easily to Devin was a stretch She willingly engaged in conversation, and fell for a ridiculous sob story, then plied by drink felt sorry for him and betrayed her marriage, oh come on. That is so not plausible, unless Rosie really wanted to cheat. She didn't let it happen, she made a conscious choice.

In fact, how did Rosie and Devin even meet??? Was it a dinner a lunch? How does a mother of two meet a man outside of marriage, spend a short time talking and end up in a hotel room her face full of rapture??? Where were the kids, where was her loving husband???

Plausible? I don't think so. Read her words carefully. Her excuse is so flimsy, it simply doesn't add up.

I enjoy good reconciliation stories, but this left a bad taste in my mouth. I fully expected when Devin was getting the shit kicked out of him, that he would have mentioned he drugged her. But nope, she went willingly, and as hubby said, "You let it happen because you wanted to fuck someone other than your husband and you ended up fucking both of us."

She certainly did.

Him blaming himself because of his actions regarding Teri is ludicrous. No one, no one forced his loving wife to spread her legs, and fuck another man.

The ending is sufficient I guess, but I wonder if this marriage could survive? Would Teri seek more revenge, it is in her nature to do so. I would be curious what the author thinks would happen. Yes Rosie beat the shit out of Teri, but what if? What if Teri was used by Rosie too? Rosie the "loving wife" is ruthless too, the beat down proves that. What if the reason Rosie kicked the shit out of Teri was because she unwittingly exposed Rosie's philandering? What if Rosie isn't who hubby thinks she was? What if Rosie is indeed a serial cheater?

Maz

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
He is the wimp and Rosie is the man.

Now that is what I call a women standing up for herself! Teri is still alive ang going to make hell on another deptment .the story goes on. I still can't see how Rosie could sucuum to that wominezier with that weak story and drop her pants, more information is needed.so I guess I hope justhe janitor writes this up and why would the company keep such a employee. You can't tell. Me upper mgmt doesnot what is going on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
This story can't be over ,too much is left out

Rosie being suduced so easily leaves a lot of questions unanswered . Terri is coming back and will seek revenge on him . The beat goes on. So Rosie defended her home by using a violent attack on Terri . We'll need more chapters to see how this al plays out!

JounarJounarover 9 years ago
very dissapointing

These super fast reconciliation stories are just to unbelievable and to be honest JTJ, your are far to good a writer to be using them. Rosie is a cheating tramp and her beating the crap out of Teri doesn't alter that fact. Teri may have pointed the asshole she fucked at her but it was Rosie who willingly spread her legs for him at the drop of a hat. And all the fighting for her marriage talk posted below is just bullshit folks as once she let Devlin fuck her the first time, it was way to late for any fight and no marriage to fight for.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Too obvious

Devin was just too much of a wimp to be considered a serious suspect. Like he said, he just wanted out. And given what an investigation must have turned up at work, his Boss certainly would have known that he and Teri had an adversarial relationship, one or both of them would have gotten canned. And just because his wife kicked the shit out of Teri doesn't change the fact that she was a cheater. If the mythical Devin could talk her out of her panties, what's to stop the next lothario? She simply can't be trusted. And you don't think the cops would look at her? Even if they didn't think her capable, they would have asked the questions and looked to see if she hired someone. Too many holes in this mess to give it a good rating. Thanks for the effort. Maybe next time?

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 9 years ago
Holy fuck!!!' I mean, sweet mother of God, that was fantastic!!!

I'm not a fan of cheating wife stories or about retarded women justifying their adultery and their husbands falling for their bullshit; but this? Wow! How I the fuck can he say no to a woman like that. A woman who beat the fuck out of a bitch so bad much that no one knew it was her...and she didn't even feel the bite until after!

Well done sir, it deserved all 5 stars and more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
To All the Haters

It's only a story, and a good one at that. I agree that we probably need more. If every story was a BTB, they'd get really boring, and I, and I'm sure others would stop logging on and reading same old, same old. And by the way, I believe that those that are so hell bent on physically and emotionally harming the errant wife and lover, would probably be the biggest cowards if faced with a similar situation themselves. It has been my experience that the loudest talkers are often the meekest actors. You can't help who you love, and you can't help how much you love them. So often in the stories in this category, the betrayed husband is the most emotionally harmed and miserable of the characters. If he loves her enough that he's so miserable without her, how does he profit by harming her and throwing her out permanently? Maybe taking a chance on the repenting wife is what's really best for him. After all, each marriage is just one slip away from being on the rocks, whether it's the first time, or again, when the partner falls.

grogers7grogers7over 9 years ago
Part 3 ?

Well written. This couple still has a lot to worK out, after the passions of discovery and absence have been quieted.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 9 years ago
no it was NOT fantastic

pretty silly .. "I think you know I wasn't ever going to do it again whether I'd been caught or not."

um really?

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistover 9 years ago
Liked it

Overall an enjoyable read.

There was maybe a bit too little thought given to the infidelity in the middle. He invested so much more thought in his office rival (not without reason) that it didn't end up feeling like his marriage or kids were first priority in his life...or that he was too upset by the betrayal. I also cringe whenever a LW character storms out of the house after learning the truth...courts can and sometimes do use that as evidence that you recognize the wife as the primary caregiver and have no interest in the family home.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Holy fuck!!!' I mean, sweet mother of God, that was so fucked up!!!

Why woman a man want a women that fucked some dumb ass for comfort. What's next she going to fuck the mailman because it's cold.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I hate cheaters but this story is excellent. We need on more chapter to close out the story. Rosie might have been targeted but she fucked someone else pretty easy. Would she just fuck anyone she feels bad for or should her husband go and fuck every girl he speaks to that has a sad story. The fact of the matter is she as a married woman should not be involved in such intimate conversations with strangers. It would of sounded better for her if she was looking to cheat because she so easily dropped her pants when she had no intention to. As a happily married man it would be hard to ever trust her again. Hubby will alway feel inadequate ,what did he not do that she so easily could betray her hubby and kids.

RedPillRedPillover 9 years ago
Liked it for what it was

No, we didn't find out everything about Rosie's seduction. No, he doesn't have an adequate basis to just forgive and forget what she did. But I can see Grant wanting to see if they can put things back together. Do we need another part for that? Not necessarily but there is room for one. JTJ would probably have to think up some more drama to keep it interesting, though.

I wasn't surprised that Rosie was behind Teri's beating, but was surprised that she did it herself. I'd thought something more like a friend of a brother who had some shady acquaintances. Part of the setup was that Rosie's betrayal was kept quiet at work, or she might have drawn police interest.

Tim413413Tim413413over 9 years ago
I had

thought one possibility was Wifey had hired someone to beat Teri, but this was so much better! BTW - How did Wifey know Teri was the cause of her (Wifey's) problems?

The tags were very weak. If I wanted to find this story again, I would not search for any of these tags. "Cheating wife" would be the first place I'd look, but that would generate pages of possible matching stories. I could narrow the list by ALSO using "younger man." I just tried this approach, and looking only at LW stories, I got 20 hits. That is manageable.

SKHPSKHPover 9 years ago
A sequel might be appropriate

There are some loose ends to tie and the wife is far from beeing redeemed. She was obviously an easy lay, her story as she told it was far from believable and there is a long way to regain her husband's trust (if ever possible), even looking at her actions against the bitch.

What about a sequel in the form of counseling sessions? In some way we got to know all about it from her POV as other readers pointed out. Who told her about the bitch being the instigator?

All in all: nice & quite original plot, well-told!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good Stuff

I found it predictable, but still enjoyed the story very much. Cheating is painful, but added depth. Maybe the logic wasn't perfect, but I was highly entertained. Human emotion is full of grey lines. The "bitch" got what was due her, and that was a lot of fun. I like a happy ending much better than some of the revenge stuff on here. Good stuff, thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Loved it

A wife screws up-and then really fights to save her marriage. Finish he story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
It would have been

nice to know what tricks the office Lothario pulled on Teri to get her to succomb.

anon.1

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
LOL

I love the ending. Great job.

gordo12gordo12over 9 years ago
Awesome ending!

It's always great when you can get the readers emotions going. I'd love to have taken that "queen bitch" and introduced her to the idea of flying off some very, very high roof top. Good story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I did not like the ending.

You wrote "I suppose a better man would have been horrified or disgusted by her actions,.." Yeah, but more importantly, a sane man would have wondered what else she was capable of doing. If she was able to do that, what will she do if (when) he does something? This goes beyond fighting for her marriage.

<P>

It was also too quick, too pat an outcome, especially after all of the buildup. It’s as if you wanted to be done with this ASAP.

<P>

As to the person who posted “To All the Haters”, calling others a hater for daring to have a different opinion is a far more apt example of being a hater. Posting on opinion on a story that goes beyond something along the lines of a terse “you suck” is not being a hater. It’s being a commenter, it’s stating your opinion – especially since most of these go into detail why they don’t like it. Slamming them for daring to post their opinions, now THAT’S a hater.

<P>

Also, “It's only a story,” is an odd starting for vehement defense. If it’s only a story, that means it’s not much. You are defending something that your preface indicates is not worthy of defense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
4*s

Wow! Pretty realistic, if you think about it. Both husband and wife were being attacked. He was blocked and neutralize. So a flank assault by the wife , awesome!

Good dialogue. Well written action . Not much sex, just what was necessary for the story.l give you 4*s for the whole thing. I really like the mis-direction. The thought of Rosie being the attacker crossed my mind and I dismissed it, lol . So you got me good.

Justthejanitor, you are more than that !! I am eager to see your next post as a

AMerryMan

MitchFraellMitchFraellover 9 years ago
Entertaining

An enjoyable story, it takes all sorts of people to make the world. However, Grant don't you dare step out of line.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
great story

Usually I am against reconciliation, on the grounds that betrayal is too deep of a damage in a relationship for it to heal properly, leaving it forever so badly crippled that it is better to put it out of their misery.

This is one that could work.

You still were not able to stick with Lee or Leigh, it changed from one paragraph to the next.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 9 years ago
5 stars

Well she did royally fuck up but to attack the queen bitch and give her a beating, she's a keeper! Id give her a second chance provided there was some sexual servitude! Hee hee

mcbsmcbsover 9 years ago
Rosie's POV

Rosie's point of view shouldn't be confused with justification for her affair, however brief with Devin. The affair is glossed over too quickly. How did they meet? How did Devin know which gym she used? How were they able to secure a massage room to themselves, without disturbance?

While the seduction of Rosie, which appears to be a mercy fuck, is a bit lame, this is fiction. As such the author needs some latitude. Since this is an erotic site, Rosie's reaction to sex with Devin should have been mentioned. Yes, guilty, but sex is sex. At the time she probably enjoyed it, regardless of guilt afterwards. An example of a cheating wife enjoying an afternoon of sex with another man, then feeling guilty, and knowing she risked losing everything dear to her, very soon afterwards, can be found in the story "The Bet" by Ohio.

Another chapter isn't necessary for my suggestions. This could have been accomplished with one, certainly no more than two pages, as a flashback by Rosie after Grant walked out.

There is nothing wimpy about Grant taking Rosie back. The perpetrators, Devin and Terri both received well deserved ass kickings. Devin left the state with his tail between his legs, and the knowledge that he's not the man he thought he was. Grant gets, what in effect is a promotion as well as a raise at work. Teri gets transferred to another department. Rosie will have learned a lesson about being so stupidly gullible. No, I don't think the sight of Brad Pitt petting a puppy in the park, will be enough to cause her to rip off her clothes and jumping him, as one commentator suggested.

In no way should my criticisms of this story be taken as "trashing" the author. On the contrary. This is a talented author, who should have taken just a little more time with this story, and not have left so much to the imagination of the reader.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Truely great story!

Best I have seen on this site. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
its a story.

I thought it was very entertaining, thanks for sharing your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
OUTSTANDING!

I thought I saw the ending coming, wow, was I WRONG! Beautiful twist, thank you

ohioohioover 9 years ago
I'm with HDK

(as I almost always am). It's an original take on a very familiar subject, and for that the author deserves a lot of credit--even if the story is not in every way all that some readers might like. I say, well done!

Thanks,

ohio

RhomanovRhomanovover 9 years ago
Peanuts

Not sure why as I read this the main character seems to be morphing into a Charlie Brown.

Something just doesn't fit.

Good writing, but .....

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Plot device

it does no good to complain about how this wife fell for Devin. How could a faithful wife be so easily seduced? She must have wanted it! Ridiculous. The author was using a plot device. The young shit was bragging about how he could bed any woman. He bedded the ice queen, Teri. We don't need to know how he got to Rosie. That was his whole purpose in the story. We don't need to assume she must secretly be a slut who has cheated before. She was a faithful wife who crossed paths with a master seducer. The point of the story was an innocent victim being caught in the crossfire of someone else's battle. Hence the title, Collateral Damage. No details are needed.

Richie4110Richie4110over 9 years ago
Loved the story

Interesting twist to have the wife do it. The bitch had to know it was a woman busting her chops. Perhaps she was just trying to implicate Grant even with that knowledge.

Thanks for the effort and for sharing your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
5* read!

A very, very good job.

njlaurennjlaurenover 9 years ago
I liked it

Though I agree that it might have worked better had grant signed the papers,then worked through counseling,where the wife doing the besting was the impetus to even try.While this showed she was willing to fight for her marriage,he still would have questions about why she fell so easily,for such a stupid story. Not knowing why she failed is critical,it is obvious she regretted it,but not why she did it or more importantly,that it could never happen again.Counseling would bring all that out and make it work. As far as the btb and raac hater crowd go,there is an irony,they represent the same rigid view that Teri has in the story,no wiggle room,no mercy,no understanding.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good story!

Great job..hope there is a part 3 about how things are doing months from now.

Dramalover357Dramalover357over 9 years ago
Good Job

Nice twist at the end. How could he walk away? Wifey don't play that!

chytownchytownover 9 years ago
Good Read****

Very enjoyable read. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I really wanted to like this more than I did

but the weeeeaaak excuse for the wife's cheating made the ending seem too forced. He suddenly trusts her completely because she attacked the woman who exposed her cheating? Either she needed a stronger excuse (being drugged?) or the healing should have taken more time (separation anc counseling?)

To those condemning the BTB crowd on this story for whatever reason...this cheating wife (heroic avatar of RAAC fans everywhere) committed assault and battery on a woman in the dead of night from behind and put her in the hospital. SHE "burned the bitch" it just so happened that it was a different bitch. If you liked this story...aren't you enjoying the "burning" of a "bitch?"

Anyway, certainly a creative tale. The first chapter was very intriguing. The ending, while flawed, was unique and that is not easy to pull off in this day and age.

Thanks for the story,

Cog

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
what could

What could and probably should have been made more clear was the length of time that they were separated before they got together.

To me it appeared longer than some other readers comments show they see it as.

That he had his own apartment and had his children visiting several times was in the story but there was no direct mention of how long they were apart.

I do agree that the story she told about feeling bad for the guy losing his wife was a very weak excuse/reason.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Love it!

A woman fighting for her marriage, literally. Enjoyed it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Change your handle to "Just the CUCK"

"But, Grant, please, I'm not a cheater."

Sorry, b*tch, but YES YOU ARE!

The (voluntary) reason is irrelevant!!!

OMG! She fell for his B.S.!

What woman in all of history has EVER done that!!! )))

Crap. Pure and Simple.

patilliepatillieover 9 years ago
Moves along nicely

and gets better at the end of the chapter, just like all good dramas. Hope I see the next post tomorrow.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 9 years ago
Not Me!

It seems as though most readers liked this part, I am not one of them. As a few others have mentioned the wife's explanation for her betrayal was weak and incomplete. Just because she beat up the woman who set her up does not give her a free pass. Did her husband just ignore this fact? Also, how did she know that Teri set her up? If there is no resolution to these issues, the story is not finished. I feel cheated after eagerly awaiting for this part.

Mriceman1964Mriceman1964over 9 years ago
Right on

Harryin VA

11/14/14

no it was NOT fantastic

pretty silly .. "I think you know I wasn't ever going to do it again whether I'd been caught or not."

um really?

I agree with you 100% .

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
You need to finish this story and all things left out

Waiting for part 3 . The story is not finished. Why did she sucum so fast to the seduction, how do you stop Terri from striking again, how can you forgive her adultry without a better reason than what was written so far. This story isnot over. Please give us closure.

bigdnc13bigdnc13over 9 years ago
Liked the story, but...

I'm a sucker for reconciliation stories, but only if it seems justified. Like other commenters, I don't think taking the cheating slut back just because she beat up the person who set her up is enough to show her undying love and future faithfulness. She could have done it because she was pissed her extramarital fun was exposed. I'd like to see another chapter to justify this ending, or to provide another. Anyway, I like your writing and hope you keep it up, hopefully with longer stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Sorry... 1star...

I do not know how kicking the bitch ass un-fuck Rosie.

Another wimp that should wait for the next time that a player with a sad story drops by.

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Interesting plot

Truly well done except there is no logical bridge between Rosy and Demian

to expain the adultery and justify the quick reconciliation. I hold that it was a very good story, but I would have signed the separation and then gone to counseling for the children... I suspect that it would have been useless but had to be tried.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
author please finish this unfinished story

is the husband a wimp or what. he surely has a soft disposition. now the wife's story is not clear and more is needed and Terri she will be back with a vengeance,. so how does he settle things from here.????????

witchdoctor27witchdoctor27over 9 years ago
Confusion

It was a great story, but I personally felt the ending was without a fully realized conclusion. Keep writing.

wargameronewargameroneover 9 years ago
Seems unfinished.

Needs a possible 3rd chapter. How did she and Devian meet? Is she trustworthy? How did she fall so quickly for another man? I thought the story followed through on the viewpoint of the main character. But the idea of the collateral damage to the marriage wasn't tied in real well.

maninconnmaninconnover 9 years ago
Heh heh

Rock on Rosie!

arincharinchover 9 years ago
LOL

She wasn't looking for it, certainly didn't intend to have an affair. She just stumbled and fell on a random dick.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Damn

Interesting twist in the end. If this tale is finished, I would say that this is a horrible ending. If she was so easily seduced it will happen again. And again.

I would also say that it ruined the tale, which was tremendous until the end.

However, if it is continued I would say hurry up with chapter three so you can save this hard-working faithful husband from himself and let the tale continue to play out. Just my opinion.

avidfaavidfaover 9 years ago
Beautifully finished story

Wonderful story, great twist at the end, perfectly finished.

She was seduced by a character who had never failed to seduce a target. Whether or not such a man exists in real life is neither here nor there, in this story he was a heat seeking missile that never missed the target, and once Teri painted the bulls eye on Rosie, the successful seduction was a foregone conclusion.

The bruise on her arm and her implicit acknowledgement of her role in the assault cemented the fact that they had both been victims of the same viperous harridan, just in different ways. Rosie was a victim, not a betrayer.

There would still be issues to work out, but they would tackle them as comrades in arms, not as opponents.

JeffTomJeffTomover 9 years ago
Need a Part Three

Too much left out.

PLEASE FINISH THE STORY

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Poor, poor, poor ending

How can a wife of her apparent intelligence meet a strange guy at a gym, fall for his line of shit and betray her husband and family??

Supposedly their marriage was solid emotionally, and sexually. So why?

BY WANTING TO!!!

There is no fucking way a happy wife would stray no matter what sob story she heard. Get real. If there was trouble in the marriage, that would be the more likely scenario, or drugging. But here there was none of that.

So she either wanted to, or as others have alluded she is a cheater that got caught by an unexpected sting. I realize Grant initiated the chain of events, but no one, no one forced Rosie to open her legs.

For Grant to take Rosie at her word is ludicrous. Red flags instead of white flags should have been raised after the beating she inflicted on Teri. The scene at the lawyer seemed choreographed. She played Grant, and he fell for her line hook line and sinker. He is a fool in love and feels bad for his part in this.

I doubt there will be another chapter, most writers with the exception of a very few write plausible endings. In fact most leave it to our imagination, because they think its cute or they don't have the balls. So don't expect one here.

But if I wrote it, Rosie would be exposed for what she was, a cheating slut. Of course it would take time to unravel her lies, but after this Grant realizes he was played,

Because what he discovered was not what he expected, and DNA, well... My twist would put Teri and Grant together. How? Well now its my turn to play the cards close to my chest.

So finally, this writer will not finish this tale, and for those who like the ending, you suffer from premature ejaculation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
To vague this cannot be over please finish this story

So what happens from here on out, do he accept her behavior , does Ellie come back with a vengeance . You need to finish this story , it's just incomplete for most of us reader .

Texas_Air_ForceTexas_Air_Forceover 9 years ago
I gave it 5 because...

....the plot twist at the end. Rosie was set up, and I suspect that a part 3 would reveal something more than just Teri setting her up to hurt Grant. Maybe....drugs....maybe...a date rape drug in addition to the sappy story?

And, I suspect Teri needs a little more retribution that can be wrapped up in a part 3.

Jedd11Jedd11over 9 years ago
Part three

I too, believe there should be a part three. My suggestion? Rosie and Grant both use and abuse Teri, separately and together. Then leave her an emotional shell, leading to a demotion or termination from the job she tried so hard to manipulate. Please give a part three.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous