All Comments on 'Coloring Outside The Lines'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 243 Comments
Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed3 months ago

This was the strangest story I have read in this category, yet it was one of the most uplifting tales as well. It certainly deserves 5 stars even though I am still wondering how the rare combination who could make this work ever would connect with each other.

cookingwithgascookingwithgas3 months ago

Congrats on your hundredth! I've enjoyed almost every one of them, including this one. Keep it going.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith3 months ago

Heartwarming tale! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfox3 months ago

Thanks SO much Hooked, wonderful story full of love and the best of friendships, the way humans should should strive to live no matter what the relationship. Damn fine story, just damn fine!

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirens3 months ago

Very nice! You are one of my favorite authors, and this story is one of the best. Five stars!

CagivagurlCagivagurl3 months ago

A longer story...

More is always better.

5 stars

Cagivagurl

myky40myky403 months ago

Only one thing was missing.... Traci. 😂😂

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Great story.

MissMudMissMud3 months ago

Different, but I really enjoyed it! What a family, what a household! You write really good stories! Thanks, I appreciate your shill as a story-teller and writer, and your willingness to share it with us! Of course 5 stars!

centralsquareguycentralsquareguy3 months ago
Terrific.

Your best story. More like this, please.

NoTalentHackNoTalentHack3 months ago

Congratulations on your hundredth, and here’s tomorrow a hundred more!

francemanfranceman3 months ago

A successful hundredth.

A shame it took him over twenty years to find a woman like Deb.

Despite his close family, it can't be very easy staying single for so long, not having a lover, and I'm not talking about sex but intimacy.

demanderdemander3 months ago

Good story. Heartwarming. Congratulations on the century. D

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight3 months ago

I always enjoy stories by Hooked. He adds an extra layer or two as well as finishing the story. Nicely done. Congratulations on hitting the century mark for postings on Lit and let's hope for a few hundred more.

MwestohioMwestohio3 months ago

Lovely little story

GuentharGuenthar3 months ago

Congrats, but where was Traci?

bigbob2406bigbob24063 months ago

Great read ,thanks very much !!

GreyMatter46GreyMatter463 months ago

Fan-fucking-tastic tale. Got plans for Vivians story? thanks

des911des9113 months ago

A good way to mark your century of stories. "You are a gentleman, a scholar and a good judge of whiskey" - Jameson Black Barrel is very nice.

Thank you for a lovely story

Karn9Karn93 months ago

Great reading a fantastic love story, thank you! 5*

The Style GuyThe Style Guy3 months ago

One hundred stories, five hundred stars and (I’m sure) a multitude of fans. Congratulations to Hooked1957.

irinmikeirinmike3 months ago

Different twist and enjoyable read.

MellowJoeMellowJoe3 months ago

Congratulations on the hundred! You've long been one of my favorite writers here.

secretsalsecretsal3 months ago

Back to winning ways, real good story.

SlithyToveSlithyTove3 months ago

A wonderfully sideways approach!

laptopwriterlaptopwriter3 months ago

Original and very well written; it doesn't get much better than that. 5 stars and thanks for a hundred great stories.

mac1729mac17293 months ago

Damn good story

Thank you for writing

reggmoreggmo3 months ago

More bullshit than I can stand. I skipped the last page.

Regguy69Regguy693 months ago

Congrats on your 100th! I am always happy to see a new story from H57!

imhaplessimhapless3 months ago

What a totally off-beat story; I like off-beat. 5*

UnassignedUnassigned3 months ago

Very nice, with a happy ending for all and quite well written. My only gripe is when Bobbie and wife asked him to stick around and be a father to their (hoped for) child. In essence, they were asking him to put on hold for the next 18 years any realistic chance of finding his own partner, until sometime in his 50s. That's quite an ask of someone you love.

BriteaseBritease3 months ago

It would have been 5 stars anyway, but the Arsenal thing sealed it. Lovely story.

groaningbumpgroaningbump3 months ago

Awesome story, loved the character development and hike you made a quirky situation seem plausible. Thanks for sharing! - gb

Bullrider14Bullrider143 months ago

Very good story. Was hoping for some retribution towards the ex. Did she remarry? What did her folks think about what happened? Did he reconcile with his own family?

ibuguseribuguser3 months ago

Halfway through I thought I knew where this was headed but you expertly proved me wrong.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Was really well written.

ibuguseribuguser3 months ago

Really aced it for your 100th one 🙂

AccelarVesterAccelarVester3 months ago

What a delightful story. Full of heart. Thanks 5*

stev2244stev22443 months ago

Congrats on the 100th, and it's a really good one.

rruymannrruymann3 months ago

VERY, VERY ENJOYABLE READ!!!!! THANK YOU.

pepepilotpepepilot3 months ago

As others have said, congratulations on your 100th. While I have really liked most of your stories, I think you really made a bang out of your 100th. Thank you for awesome stories and especially for this one!!!

TajfaTajfa3 months ago

Well done for 100 stories. This was a nice romance story and very well written. For me the first wife's story was glossed over somewhat. Did she really go out on her own in the big city to hook up with a random stranger? I would have had him find out she had this arranged with a co worker or something similar. I also don't see anyone waiting for 4 years to finally start divorce proceedings. Him not doing that before gave the impression that he might reconsider. However, still a very good story.

miket0422miket04223 months ago

Really enjoyed this story. Thank you for writing and sharing.

My only quibble is this story even being in LW. So little time was spent on Vivian and the cheating that it almost felt like it was only part of the story so that it could be in the LW category. No background of their marriage. No development of Vivian. No realistic reason given for her actions. We're halfheartedly told that her Daddy and Q have spoiled her all her life. I guess that was the rationale given for the unexplained decision to cheat for an entire weekend?

All of that could have been summarized as part of his past that explains why he moved and took a new job. Then the actual story we were told could have easily fit into another category.

Like I said, just some confusion on my part. It doesn't detract from this being a very enjoyable story.

SkubabillSkubabill3 months ago

One if your best

Cracker270Cracker2703 months ago

Great job. Thank you 100 times

wiscman45wiscman453 months ago

This is a wonderful and well written story. It shows how the relationship between people in a family can grow and develop into loving each other fully and completely.

HighpikeHighpike3 months ago

Loved this and love all you write. Blessings G

JasonDuncanJasonDuncan3 months ago

Well written; belongs in Non-Erotic.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Five stars. Your stories just get better and better.

CastAdriftCastAdrift3 months ago

Really nice. The phoenix rises from tragedies.

And no one got magically rich in the process as in so many stories, except for many hearts.

Thanks for the memories.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

...and he never spoke to or saw his parents again.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great, positive story! Thanks! DerMtMan

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I wholeheartedly agree with TX77Tumbleweed’s assessment of “ This was the strangest story I have read in this category, yet it was one of the most uplifting tales as well.” So true Hooked1957. Congrats on your 100th story, with many more in the future. Thank you for your time & talent to write these tales! 5*

gacorgacor3 months ago

Congratulations on your 100th! I enjoyed this story, and a couple twists I did not see coming. The only nitpick I can make, and it is something you have done in several other stories, is that you wait until the wife has stepped outside to present the background. By that point I am rooting against her at worst, or do not care for her at best, and so I tend care less. Of course, introducing the background earlier might take the reader out as a character they turn to like betrays them, so it comes to preference in the end. Antways, I thoroughly enjoyed it, 5 stars from me.

NickTeeNickTee3 months ago

Congrats on your TON

MormonJackMormonJack3 months ago

Heartfelt, rambling tale! Thank you, Hooked1957!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It's called football not spacer(only you americans call IT that)

maedhros21maedhros213 months ago

Congratulations on 100 stories!!!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Really ? He surrendered his erotic life and he lived fine?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A very strange tale, but a very enjoyable read. I could see some issues as young Elinore progresses through childhood, resulting from her lack of parentage or even guardianship papers, but your story is your story and I appreciate it. I felt sorry for Viv.

Back to the story itself: well written as usual, and almost flawless. Very worthy of five stars.

JPB

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu3 months ago

That was quite differnt tale from @Hooked1957. I like it. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

At least give the entire quote:

"Passing trains that have no name

An' freight yards full of old black men

And the graveyards of the rusted automobiles." Arlo

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Man was the MC a man or a woman??? He was manipulated by all the lesbos in the group!!

PowersworderPowersworder3 months ago

This was an impressive cautionary tale for why you should never date single mothers.

After being forced into raising another man's child, he become a eunuch for over 20+ years.

What a horrific nightmare.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

FOB: family of birth

FOC: family of choice

You put your FOC together, avoiding the bad bits.

Happy 100th - all the better for us.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good story... and very well written

offkilter123offkilter1233 months ago

So. Many. Plot. Holes.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Really, really nice tale, but should be in Romance.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Too many irrealistic parts in this evident fempov tale: illegal kid adoption from a non married couple (a guy and a lesbian), useless lesbian proclama, FMF parents for the kid, making a new "family" while staying married, and so on. The "man" MC in this tale looks too much like a brainless monkey to be a bit credible. This tale could have been a good one if the MC husband had had a male brain.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Fantastic.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodle3 months ago

A Disney story for dudes. Bill is perfect and his wicked ex wife is a horrible, nasty woman.

I hate stories like that.

Pavel246246Pavel2462463 months ago

OH no, great reading, amazing, fantastic. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Beautiful story. Congratulations on hitting the century mark!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great read!!!!

xMulexMule3 months ago

5*

Thanks for sharing all 100.

classicespressoclassicespresso3 months ago

congrats on one hundred quality stories. It is quite an achievement. Please keep them coming!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I think the Style Guy under estimated your star count . I believe it should read 500 stars and you deserve everyone of them. Another great story from an excellent writer.

Flymo65Flymo653 months ago
Good read

Nice to read a 5 star story which required me to turn the page rather than open up a story to be presented with an extended paragraph. This is a good well written story which can be savoured as it stirs the emotions. Looking forward to reading more in your next 100. Thanks from a grateful reader.

beatman04beatman043 months ago

Perfect. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Lovely story. Thank you. 5s

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

good story but not much really about the cheating wife. It isn't really needed of course but I would prefer some more. It appears she had this all thought out long before he watched that game and she already had som guy lined up in Chicago or had him meet her there.

MountainMan1336MountainMan13363 months ago

I gave this story 4 stars. I kind of liked it but at the same time I found it pretty strange. It was well written yet I found the character Oliver kind of wishy-washy. I personally could never have lived in a house with those two lesbians. If they were both bisexual and I was having sex with them, I could have enjoyed that, but to be left out of any sexual relationship with them, no way.

Lowrider2020Lowrider20203 months ago

I can only hope that somewhere someplace this situation or one like it actually exists.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The story was sure interesting and different and I loved it. Thanks for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Enjoyed reading your story, until I realized the main character was a hypocritical asshole. Lecturing Jack, before the wedding, about being abusive while he himself is engaging in physically abusive behavior. I stopped reading at this point. That being said, I enjoyed your writing (as always) and gave it 4 stars. I'm sure the rest of the story was as good, I just stopped caring about the MC and what happens to him.

Congrats on your centennial!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Zero stars. He wasn't strong enough to stop her. Just a coward that runs away and hides without even talking to her. All the great ratngs must be from brain-dead zombies, just likke you. You probaably won't print this, but you know my opinion of you and your writing.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Nope, this story just kept getting more fucked up the further I read to the point during page three I simply had to quit. Can't appreciate all the crap this story brought forward.

Corny1974Corny19743 months ago

I loved it. I've got a list of jobs to do but just couldn't stop reading. Wow. A new favourite.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Congratulations on your centennial. Thanks for your writings.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I like how he didn't put up with shit from Viv and just ended it immediately. I thought she might haunt him more but the way it played out was unique.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Pretty average 3*

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Weird story! So he gets left behind, while the lesbians live happily ever after. I hate pussy husbands who ignore and run off and hide from their issues and a marriage is pretty high on the list. If he had handled business after the Chicago weekend they could have figured it out or end it. But he was a disrespectful as she was to their 8 year relationship.

Tomh1966Tomh19663 months ago

Good story, then again you rarely write bad ones.

Congrats on 100.

Here's to you getting to #200!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

What basis was there for a court order to look at employment records? There’s no law that says you have to live with your spouse. People run away all the time. Since he was an adult, didn’t physically hurt anyone, and didn’t steal anything, the police are going to ignore the father in law.

The employer would challenge the request, and it would be quashed. It would come out that the father in law lied to the court, or bribed the judge. It would blow up into a huge scandal. There would be lawsuits, and possibly criminal charges. The slut, and her enablers, would be destroyed!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Delightfully Hooked.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon3 months ago

I ended up quiting around page 3. It just meandering on with nothing to engage the reader or encourage them to invest in the story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHooked1957@Hooked1957
Basic average guy in basic average America.

SIMILAR Stories