Coloring Outside The Lines

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jack and Elinore didn't bring the three grandchildren around when Arsenal and Crystal Palace played.

It was a beautiful Sante Fe summer evening and I was sitting on my porch swing on my deck behind my house sipping on a shot of Jameson Black Barrel Irish whiskey, thinking about how fortunate I was. My oldest grandchild came out the back door and sat down next to me, leaning her skinny body up against mine. For the umpteenth time, I noticed that she was a young doppelganger for her late grandmother with her dark red hair and bright blue eyes.

"Whatcha thinking about, Grand-O?" she asked, calling me by her special name for me.

"I was thinking about my life, about how lucky I've been," I answered.

"How are you lucky?" she queried.

I took a sip of whiskey as I tried to figure out how to phrase my answer to a 9-year-old.

"Well, baby, you know when something bad happens, but everything turns out good anyway? That's kind of what happened for me."

She squirmed a bit alongside me, and when I looked down at her face I could see by her eyes that she was thinking hard. Then she broke into a huge smile when understanding came to her.

"Yeah, like when I scraped my knee the other day and Grandma Deb gave me ice cream!" she enthused.

I smiled down at Kayla and she beamed at me, knowing she had the right answer.

"Something like that, baby. Something like that."