Coming From Behind Ch. 09-10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
coaster2
coaster2
2,596 Followers

I saw a brief look of relief cross his face and I knew I had guessed correctly at his concern.

Yvonne and Catherine had joined us, passing around coffee mugs and home made cookies. I took two ... they were really good.

"Where do your parents live?" Yvonne asked.

"In Phoenix. Dad took an early retirement from SteelFab in Allentown and moved down there. Like me, he loves to golf and he caught a real good buy when the market collapsed a couple of years ago, so they have a nice home and no mortgage. They're very happy there."

"Do you see them often?" she asked.

"No, I'm ashamed to say. I let my old job consume all my time and I haven't seen them in a couple of years. I've been talking to them on the phone more regularly lately. Catherine and I plan to visit them as soon as I get through this plan approval stage with the county."

She nodded, obviously agreeing it was important to see them before the wedding.

"Do you really think you can make this golf course profitable?" Fred asked.

"Yes. It's going to take some time and luckily, I'm well financed, so I believe we're set to make it a success. I've got a great administrative manager and a very experienced course manager to make it happen," I grinned looking at Catherine.

Fred was shaking his head but with a smile ... a smile equaled by Yvonne. They knew I was referring to Catherine.

"So you've given up pro golf then," Yvonne said to Catherine.

"Almost. Terry and I enter some local tournaments. He's my caddie and my good luck charm. We've entered three times and have two wins and a third to show for our efforts. We make a great team."

"Your daughter is a very good golfer and would have won those with or without me," I said.

"I wonder," Fred grinned. "Seems like she needs a little inspiration now and then." He was looking at his daughter as he spoke and she was blushing.

We stayed for dinner and had a very nice day with her parents. They genuinely made me feel welcome and it was a great way to start our relationship. I was pretty sure my parents, also of the same generation and social status as the Walstons, would welcome Catherine as well. The drive back to Gresham was in the dark and we talked as I drove.

"My parents think I've made a good choice, Terry. They like you. They liked your honesty about your first marriage and why you left your old life."

"They are just like my parents," I said. "Nice people with a working background and no phony airs. Maybe that's why it was easy for me to chuck the old job and come out here. I knew that wasn't who I was. I was just pretending."

"I fell in love with the Terry you are now. Don't ever change," she said, putting her hand over my arm.

"We should visit my parents after the plans are submitted. Are you okay with that?"

"Of course. I want to meet them and I'm sure they're going to want to meet me."

It had been a relaxing day. No stress at all and I felt I had the acceptance of her parents without reservation. That was a big thing. I couldn't think of any reason why it wouldn't be the same for Catherine with my parents.

To Be Concluded

coaster2
coaster2
2,596 Followers