Coming of Age Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes, although soon we will be getting a new Vampire, ours is cutting her ties to the conclave." Farrell answered.

"Who?" Crystal asked, she knew most if not all of the good Death Walkers.

"Rayven Swift-strike," Johnson answered.

Crystal sat stunned, "Rayven? No fucking way. She's their best Death Walker."

"So we've been told, but she often says that she isn't the best, someone else holds that title; although the Conclave doesn't sponsor them." Johnson added.

"So what happened last night?" Farrell asked.

As a group they explained the events of the night before, Sky, Jasmine and Rachel weren't much help as their minds were muddled, they could barely remember meeting the vampires let alone what had happened until they woke in the house. Temperance willed an Ancient computer onto the table before her, all of Amy's immediate family; those who were tied by blood to her at least, had one of these computers.

Temperance worked steadily, remembering each face, each detail of each vampire in the group, once she had those pictures she transferred them from her mind to the computer. Once they were in the computer she willed them onto paper, effectively making photos of each of the Vampires in the small tribe. "These should help." She offered the pictures to the agents.

"Nice," Electra said as she looked at the detail, in fact each picture had the look of a mug shot, there was no background just white and as much of the features Temperance could remember which for her was a lot. Like all of Amy's children they had impeccable memories and were able to remember things at a glance. "Never thought we could use the computers like that."

"These computers work on how we think, so technically they are capable of whatever we think they are capable of." Temperance answered, Electra thought about it for a moment then nodded, that made sense.

"I guess I have to play with mine more, I really only use it at home since I can't take it to work." Electra said with a shrug.

"Now, we are going to put you in a safe house." Farrell said.

"Why?" Crystal asked, "we can protect them here, during the day they are safe and at night we can keep watch."

Johnson shook his head, "their lives have been threatened they have to go into 24 hour protection."

"Sky and Jasmine are in all of mine and Serenity's classes, we can protect them, Rachel is in Thais's classes, he and Myth can protect her. We have them covered during the day and at night we can set watches and protect them better than you can. Already we've had the local coven place an intent ward around the place. Unlike you humans, we have been trained to take on Vampires, we are strong enough and fast enough to fight them. We have a better chance of protecting them than you do." Crystal explained.

"But they don't live here," Johnson responded although Crystal was right no human stood a chance against a Vampire.

"We were planning to move them in right after breakfast." Crystal added.

Electra decided to step in, "Gentlemen Crystal has a point, I can only think of two places safer than this house for them to hold up in, my mother's is one and Arianna's is the other, although they might not like staying in a house full of vampires. Besides Thais sees the future, he'll see an attack happen before it does."

Crystal didn't think now would be a good time to tell Electra that Thais was either pleading ignorance about the events to come or really couldn't see it, him seeing the future was not going to help them.

"Alright, they can stay here." Both men stood, "You won't see much of us, the case will be mainly handled by Rayven, we tend to chase up leads she can't." Johnson explained. "She also manages to lump us with the paper work." He added.

"Rayven isn't a paper work kind of person. She's a, you point at it and she'll kill it person, other people took care of the clean-up and the paper work." Crystal said sagely, Death Walkers were people of action, trained weapons not administrators.

"Yeah, we've learnt that, she is however an awesome tracker, if we need to find someone we find them because of her. She just needs a hint of a scent and she'll find them." Farrell added.

Crystal nodded, "that's what Death Walkers do."

Both men nodded, "good day." They turned and left.

Crystal turned to the three women, "sorry for usurping your lives and forcing you to move in. I hope we weren't overstepping the boundaries."

"Are you kidding, I've wanted to move in since I first saw this place." Jasmine answered, "although having my life threatened... that I could have done without."

Bastion chuckled liking the fact that Jasmine could make jokes about her situation.

"It's fine with me," Rachel said seconding Jasmine's view.

Sky hesitated, "you should know something about me, well about my parents, they are affiliated with the minority when it comes to liking non-humans. I have nothing to do with them, haven't since I was put in my aunt's care but I know they have kept tabs on me. You might have some trouble from either them or their friends."

"Trouble... we can handle trouble from those close minded terrorist arse-holes, they are nothing compared to what Vampires in hunt mode can get up to." Crystal answered; actually she would rather deal with H.S.L, Human Segregation League, than with Vampires on a power trip.

Sky smiled, "then I'm in."

"Like you didn't want to be here," Thais said and with a wave of his hand the left overs were in the fridge and the dishes were clean and in their homes.

"Okay, so this is what I thought we would do, Bastion and Temperance will stay here and set up three of the spare rooms on the second floor," Crystal explained. "Thais and Myth will go with Rachel and help her pack her things while Serenity, Han and myself will go with Jasmine and Sky."

Han hesitated before nodding, he would be leaving the person he was charged to protect alone but he could see the sense in Crystal's plan.

"Han, Temperance is my mate, nothing will happen to her, I won't let it." Bastion promised and Han grinned as he stood. Everyone else got up and went to leave.

Electra reached out and gripped Serenity's arm as she walked pass. Crystal paused and turned back. "She'll be with you soon," she told Crystal knowing that Crystal was concerned about neglecting her duty to her charge.

Crystal thought about it for a moment but something in Electra's manner said she wasn't going to take no for an answer. She needed to speak with her sister, probably about what happened earlier with her influence. Crystal nodded, "Okay but will us there first I don't want to lead them here from the dorms."

Serenity nodded as she focused, sending Crystal, Han, Jasmine and Sky to their dorm room. Once that was done she turned to her sister, anxious to learn to control her influence.