All Comments on 'Community Service Ch. 01'

by davidmuleguy

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Lovely

Lovely satire here

Be nice to see Ed Balls being chastised by Margaret Fekitt

davidmuleguydavidmuleguyalmost 11 years agoAuthor
Thanks!

Ha Ha! Yes, there are a few interesting possibilities that spring to mind!

I hope to have Ch.2 posted in about a week's time.

When I – sorry, when David Smith – is frogmarched to the location of his duties as a community servant: the Sock Room.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Nice work.

I very much like the subtlety of addressing the foot fetish elements for this chapter. The protagonist and his actions are believable, and the situation you craft for him is just as interesting as could be noted in your related series, Flight to Corfu. However, unlike Flight to Corfu, Community Service is much more approachable. I found Corfu very long-winded, and with little pay-off for putting in the time to really appreciate the writing. I believe cutting down on the exposition for this series was a good move.

I'm eagerly awaiting additional chapters, should such a thing be in the works.

davidmuleguydavidmuleguyalmost 11 years agoAuthor
Good comment!

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate them, and I found your views very interesting.

Yes, I suppose 'Corfu' did take a long time to get to where it was going. I was trying to build up the drama, and prolong the mystery as to just what the Air Purification Technicians were going to be subjected to. I guess I thought I'd dreamed up a great story concept, and I wanted to milk it as much as I could.

Community Service is very different – apart from relating the story from the first-person perspective, rather than the third.

Unlike Danny Dawson, in 'Corfu', the main protagonist here, David Smith, most certainly does not have a raging foot fetish. He is simply plunged into what (for him!) is an incredibly hideous predicament, when the Authoritarian Female Party are elected to power ... and start putting their foot down.

The political back-drop is what allows the femdom, foot-fetish related story to (reasonably feasibly!) unfold.

I hope to see Community Service: Ch. 2, posted in a few days time. And I have almost finished drafting Ch. 3.

I'm very glad to know you are looking forward to reading the next instalment. And I hope that you (and other readers) will post your comments – and, maybe a bit of advice and guidance, if I am getting too long-winded!

I know some readers enjoy their stories detail-rich. But, well, there is a limit.

davidmuleguydavidmuleguyabout 7 years agoAuthor
Community Service now completed - 15 chapters.

Just to let readers know that this 15-chapter story is now completed and posted.

And that, also posted are two CS-related stories: 'Flight SH 123 to Corfu' (7 chapters) and 'The Jailhouse Blues' (3 chapters).

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous