All Comments on 'Connecting Rod Ch. 10'

by coaster2

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
srgeeksrgeekover 14 years ago
Thank you for this story!

It left me happy, but with tears.

<P>

All the business success was interesting, but was meaningless with out the success in relationships, the most important of those are of course the ones with Shelly and his mother.

<P>

<I>-- srgeek --</I>

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Excellent

A really well done story. There isn't much else to say about it.

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 14 years ago
Outstanding!!!

So well done. Coaster, you are quite a story teller. The business dealing, the character developments, the weaving of sub-story threads, all are top notch. <p> It is a very entertaining story, as fine as you'll find at this site. It will be an enduring winner.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
loved it!

excellent!...great storytelling

bruce22bruce22over 14 years ago
Excellent story

I an enjoyed the overall story, but have to comment that there seemed to be too many hapenings crammed into this last chapter.

GualterioGualterioabout 13 years ago
Ahhhh ... so nice!

I really really like your stories! Thanks again!

longtom2longtom2almost 12 years ago

enjoyed it!!! good story & well written ;o))

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Terrific

Lovely story with believable and interesting themes . My one observation is that you seemed in a hurry to finish up the story in the last chapter, whereas I thought that you allowed some of the earlier chapters to drag a bit and failed to extend the ending to allow the reader to enjoy a little more detail in the closing successful auto franchise venture and the growth of the extended family .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
My favorite story of yours..

My family has been in the car business since the 40's and my grandfather started out as a mechanic and before retiring owned dealerships and some gas stations. My father had some of both also as i grew up, so this was in a way like reading a story about my grandfather but with a different name.

5 Stars

arrowglassarrowglassover 9 years ago
Such a great story!

Really enjoyed this...from start to finish! Thanks!

pumpop201pumpop201over 9 years ago
Well written....

Well written and thoroughly enjoyable. Thank you.

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
Wonderful Story

I was thinking, it might have been nice to pay a visit to Midge for her help when Shelly was starting out.

bruce22bruce22about 9 years ago
Reviewing twenty years of a great life in one page.

I have to agree with Karen, Midge deserved a visit and I was even thinking that one of her children would come to work in Williams. I guess this was a case of paying forward.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Great Story

I really enjoy your work

xtchrxtchralmost 9 years ago
Enjoyment!

I do enjoy a story about True and Real Love and family. All the characters were truly wonderful people. I kept waiting for the snake-in-the-grass to show up. Was very happy that everybody ended up happy and in love. Thanks for a great and enjoyable story. (I may now have to read all your stores.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thank you for a nice story about good people

Working hard, getting ahead, and finding happiness. OldBearSwitch

beezlebubbeezlebubalmost 7 years ago
Well done

Thank you. This is a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
bloody good

right on.

thankyou for another bloody good read.

cheers

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 5 years ago
Very sweet story

It’s rare to read a story devoid of black hat wearing antagonists. Just a story of a life well lived and deservedly rewarded with the love and friendship of those who’s lives he’d impacted and brightened. Thank you.

The NavigatorThe Navigatoralmost 5 years ago
A second comment

I first commented about this story 10 years ago. It seems my expectations and opinion of stories posted here has changed in those 10 years.

Today, this story seems to be a thesis for Business 101 and belongs in a college classroom, not a literary erotica web site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Love and Pain

There is always heart ache and sorrow filled with , the most happiest of times. good is where you find it if you can see that far in front of you . First you must care about others as much as your self, . love your story cudo's

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Quick ending

Terrific story, but the ending was very rushed. It went on and on about the business, then a much too brief ending about their personal lives.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Really enjoyed it!

Great read, thanks for the story. I’m a lifelong whatcom county resident and bellingham for the last 20 years. Juergen ripping down chuckanut! Hahaha

southernreb27southernreb27about 4 years ago
QUICK ENDING

this kind of ending is, nothing new for COASTER maybe 1 or 2 that did have !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

What a wonderful and loving tale about family, saving and creating new businesses and finding your true love along the way. The chapter labeled August 12, 1989 should have been the Epilogue. Overall it was a wonderful and entertaining read. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It's a wonderful loving story.

A tale of the triumph of adversity I'm in love over anything and actually no treachery involved.

I'm going to sleep after having just read this and the sister one will feel and have had this story.

Well not just me but all of us.

You are a wonderful writer thank you so much for your efforts.

-High countryrider

PurplefizzPurplefizzabout 2 years ago

Different word flow in some ways to other of your stories I’ve read @Coaster2, that’s not to say better or worse, just different. A really good narration of some of the golden times in the auto industry, I’d have loved to have heard how they crew took to the early Quattro’s, or that matter the Subaru Impreza WRX, really good characters as well, loved it! Thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz.

bigbob2406bigbob2406over 1 year ago

Great story.Thanks very much.

waifwaif5 months ago

You almost lost me with Chapter 9. I understand showing an alternate POV of specific events, but I felt it was just a rehash of the previous chapters. This chapter re-centered the story, and I am glad I stuck around for it.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This story was great! Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A good gentle story. Every story doesn’t need deadly conflict.

This could well be the story of one of my cousins and his son. Both multimillionaires several times over through risk and hard work.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous