All Comments on 'Corralled'

by GirlintheMoon

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 5 years ago
Sweetness!

Any time Girlinthemoon post a story it is sure to delight. There is no one else who has quite this touch. I am always spellbound by the web of words you weave until I wake up, shake my head and wish I was still in the dream of your making. Thank you, Randi.

luedonluedonover 5 years ago
An episode in a life

And very nicely portrayed. Sally's emotions, quandary, embarrassment, happiness all finely drawn.

And no, Anonymous, not everything has to be a story with a beginning, middle and end. If you think it "feels unfinished" just accept it for what it is.

I like descriptive little episodes like this -- they have their place. Let's just say GITM ended it with happiness for now and hope for what may come.

Lue

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 5 years ago
GitM has the ability to make characters

seem real and their emotions complex. The people in her stories have fears, make mistakes and have flaws. Excellent writing with some wonderful lines, like thanking him for being gentle, but letting him determine what she meant by it. Reading GitM stories is a great pleasure. The doggone girl is good. I am one of her many fans!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Beautiful

Very nice follow-up to "Tamed."

I don't understand all the "unfinished" comments, not just on this story. Can anyone tell me when a story is "finished"? Is it when one or both of them has died?

stev2244stev2244over 5 years ago

Always a nice surprise to see a new GITM story. No one describes emotions like you do. I'd be glad to see another chapter about these two some day.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 5 years ago
Writing skills 101

A brief vignette in Sally's life that told us a good bit about her and allowed us to imagine how the blanks might be filled. She's interesting and has lived. Others around her are some people I'd like to know more about. Maybe they will come out to play someday. Never can tell.

kimi1990kimi1990over 5 years ago
The Dark Sorceress of Literotica.

You have quite the way with words, lady. I don't know how you can evoke the emotion and description out of mere words that you do, but it is hella impressive. Full marks from me, and color me impressed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
So good.

I love this. I love characters like Rhett who are callous but also very gentle with the person they care about. Can we expect a third part?

qhml1qhml1over 5 years ago
You know the problem with her stories?

Oftimes they're just a little too real, not fluff, stuff that makes you think. She rarely leaves the ending tied up in a nice neat bow, she just gives you enough information to write your own ending in your head.

Well done as always.

Q

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 5 years ago
Great dialogue

Your characters have clearly distinct voices. And you write both genders equally well. I hate when women write men who sound like women and vice versa.

I reread “Tamed” before “Corralled”, and am glad I did - definitely a synergy there - the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. Not that each isn’t strong in and of itself. Like apple pie and ice cream.

Some interesting peripheral characters - Elvis and Leigh, David, Mindy. Any stories in there?

Thank you for another great piece.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 5 years ago
Revvedt the engine , but the needle stoped a scosh clear of the red line

It was quite good, but not golden . No horses , no bucolic country scene setting. Very people/character-centric in contrast to introduction. The harpy ex-wife merited just a quick glimpse before being dismissed. She could have dropped by restaurant and said something catty.

This wasn't a hack story . I get the impression was written and submitted whimsically . It owns many GITM's clearcut strengths which preceding comments have gushed already. Yet this is not the best of this author's best .

Bottom Line: I admired and even envied the prose ( on wannabe scribe level ) but here GirlintheMoon's talent looked along at a casual canter as opposed to awesome gallop. Fingers crossed for fine, fine day when muse goes all in .Ride or die little pony .

HDVictory1HDVictory1over 5 years ago
Total Agreement with Qhml1

Girl in the Moon writes real life, and especially the psychological baggage that people carry better than anyone else on this site.

There are other very skilled writers that do descriptions of external forces/places better than she does, and I am sure for some that adds much to their experience as a reader.

I can only speak for me, and for me, this author makes me feel her characters. Some I like, some I hate but I feel them all. For me that is what takes her from good to great.

DianaLunaDianaLunaover 5 years ago
More Fine Work

You're one of my favorite writer's hands down and this story is another reason why. Bravo! Also, selfishly, I'm already craving a third part to these characters.

InsigniaInsigniaover 5 years ago
Tamed, Corraled, Broken?

You were leery about writing a western themed story if memory serves. You handled the characters easily. The only drawback was the level of tension just never got to a point where I felt invested. The Lady in Red becomes a momentary cock block. She could have really upped the stakes had you chosen to go that roiute. Maybe its just the LW fan in me looking for conflict and chaos in the Romance section because one of my all time favorite authors brought me here. A part 3 would be welcome and thank you for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Loved!

Sally is a strong female character that I could actually relate to. You didn't make her one dimensional. Please keep writing these stories.

KittyFalls_KittyFalls_over 5 years ago
LOVED

Not sure what @LordSlamdawgg is saying, but these stories are gold! Please keep going with the love story of Rhett and Sally. It's just too damn good. You are my favorite writer on here. Keep up the good work!

GypsytrampGypsytrampover 5 years ago

I really enjoyed these two stories about Sal and Rhett. Are there or will there be further installments?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Been reading your storys for a few days. You have a lot of talent

I have enjoyed reading your storys

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Please Finish This Story!!

Here it is January 2020 & I just found your story "Corralled". It's got substance & it's a good story, but it's not done. It's from 2018, please write more. It feels more real than alot of the stories that are just fantasy. You're building up to something. Also, it would be nice to describe the characters & their ages. Don't give up on this one, please. I was disappointed when I found there was no continuation on this story. More, please!! And thank you!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Well done. Not too much, not too long, just right. Thank you very much.

LWlurker

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGirlintheMoon@GirlintheMoon
I write filthy stories and drink too much coffee. *** Come find me on twitter: girlinthemoon7 ***

SIMILAR Stories